Close
Photo

Your Top Must-Buy Games for 2009, 2010 and beyond?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
113 replies to this topic

#41 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 14 June 2009 - 05:50 PM

1. Mass Effect 2
2. Dragon Age
3. Star Wars: Old Republic
4. DBZ Online
5. Hannah Montana DS: Liek Omg dat shoe is sooo kewt<3

Ok, I couldn't come up with anything for 5, so it's void!

#42 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 08:36 PM

1. Assassin's Creed II
2. Modern Warfare 2
3. Final Fantasy XIII
4. Starcraft 2
5. Mass Effect 2 (maybe)

Edited by Cloud, 15 June 2009 - 06:52 AM.

#43 Xabsol

Xabsol

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 08:43 PM

Well, most of these have been out for a while now but..

1. Naruto Ultimate Ninja 4. STILL havent got round to buying it.
2. Assasins Creed 1 & 2 (sound good)
3. Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.
4. Red steel 2, whenever it comes out/get a wii (soon)
5. too tired to think.

happy.gif

#44 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 09:18 PM

Say, if anyone ever finds a good classic console-style RPG that's NOT a MMORG out for the PS3 (other than Elder Scrolls, which is very good and detailed but needs a more defined story) let me know. That would be top of my list. (I ordered Eternal Sonata when I found out it had come out for the PS3, but it was backordered and still hasn't shipped yet. Every other RPG I've tried\looked at for the PS3 has been... less than good)

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

#45 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 14 June 2009 - 09:39 PM

1. Assassin's Creeed 1 and II
2. Modern Warfare 2
3. Final Fantasy XIII
4. Starcraft 2
5. Mass Effect 2
6. Star ocean series
7. Sims
8. Tourk

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 15 June 2009 - 07:01 PM.

#46 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 14 June 2009 - 09:46 PM

QUOTE (desaix @ Jun 14 2009, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Say, if anyone ever finds a good classic console-style RPG that's NOT a MMORG out for the PS3 (other than Elder Scrolls, which is very good and detailed but needs a more defined story) let me know. That would be top of my list. (I ordered Eternal Sonata when I found out it had come out for the PS3, but it was backordered and still hasn't shipped yet. Every other RPG I've tried\looked at for the PS3 has been... less than good)

Well are you looking for western style RPG or JRPG? You are being a little unclear...

Maybe try out Valkyrie Chronicles but PS3 suprisingly is lacking in the RPG element. You could always wait for Final Fantasy XIII, or get yourself an X-Box 360 and play Lost Odyssey, Star Ocean 4, Infinite Undiscovery , Fable 2 and Blue Dragon. But that is up to you.

#47 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 09:49 PM

1) Batman: Arkham Asylum
2) Brutal Legend
3) Mass Effect 2
4) Fallout: New Vegas
5) Final Fantasy XIII
6) Bioshock 2
7) Ghostbusters
8) Assassins Creed II
9) The Conduit
10) Mirrors Edge 2

I know that's more than five, but there's seriously way too much in the way of awesome games coming for five to be an accurate number in my case. Starcraft II WOULD have been up there, but I'm not going to get them when they release. I don't have a good enough computer for one and for two I'd rather wait for the inevitable comprehensive Battle Chest with all three campaign games.
bd5.jpg

#48 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 12:53 AM

QUOTE (Sir Whirly @ Jun 14 2009, 05:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well are you looking for western style RPG or JRPG? You are being a little unclear...

Maybe try out Valkyrie Chronicles but PS3 suprisingly is lacking in the RPG element. You could always wait for Final Fantasy XIII, or get yourself an X-Box 360 and play Lost Odyssey, Star Ocean 4, Infinite Undiscovery , Fable 2 and Blue Dragon. But that is up to you.

Well, examples (but not a complete list) of my favorite RPGs in the past:
Chrono Trigger
Rogue Galaxy
Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits (have not seen the others in the series)
Dragon Quest IV
Dragon Quest VIII
Final Fantasy IX (have tried 7, 8, and 10, and not been too thrilled with them)
Bards Tale (modern version that used the Everquest engine; I did like the original, too, but that style of RPG feels outdated to me, today)
Knights of Xentar (hentai, I know, but fun on its own)
Mad Paradox (again, hentai, but fun on its own)
Quest for Glory series, 1-4 (by Sierra Games; what little I saw of QfG5 was fun, but I didn't get far enough to tell if I'd really like it before I started having software issues that prevented me from continuing)

Getting an XBox is not possible for a while. I do have a Wii, but I've got enough things for that already, and it's not exactly a next-gen system.

Edited by desaix, 15 June 2009 - 12:57 AM.

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

#49 Dash

Dash

Jetsetter

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts
  • Interests:Anime/manga, Music, Books, Animals (veterinary medicine), Scuba Diving

Posted 15 June 2009 - 01:34 AM

Since dates/games have moved around, so has my list:

Uncharted 2
Demon's Souls
Scribblenauts
FFXIII
Super Mario Galaxy 2

QUOTE (desaix @ Jun 15 2009, 09:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Like Whirly said, the PS3 doesn't have much in the way of classic RPGs yet. Valkyria Chronicles (my favorite PS3 game so far - made a thread about it) has some traditional rpg elements, but it's more of a fusion of strategy, action rpg, and even a bit of the fps genre. I haven't played it, but Disgaea 3 is out if you're a fan of strategy rpgs. Otherwise, you're left waiting (like a good portion of PS3 owners) for FFXIII (next year), Demon's Souls, Dragon Age, White Knight Chronicles (2010), etc. (I'm hoping the PS3 version of Tales of Vesperia is localized)

#50 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 02:53 AM

QUOTE (Dash @ Jun 14 2009, 09:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Since dates/games have moved around, so has my list:

Uncharted 2
Demon's Souls
Scribblenauts
FFXIII
Super Mario Galaxy 2

Like Whirly said, the PS3 doesn't have much in the way of classic RPGs yet. Valkyria Chronicles (my favorite PS3 game so far - made a thread about it) has some traditional rpg elements, but it's more of a fusion of strategy, action rpg, and even a bit of the fps genre. I haven't played it, but Disgaea 3 is out if you're a fan of strategy rpgs. Otherwise, you're left waiting (like a good portion of PS3 owners) for FFXIII (next year), Demon's Souls, Dragon Age, White Knight Chronicles (2010), etc. (I'm hoping the PS3 version of Tales of Vesperia is localized)

I'll add FFVSXIII, though that's still a ways off. Anyway, Dash pretty much covered it. I heard Demon's Souls has quite a difficulty so im interested in that. FFXIII, well cmon, I don't need to say much about that.

Edited by Illmatic, 15 June 2009 - 02:54 AM.

#51 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 03:01 AM

I should make the topic say top 10 games... XD

Most people go over 5 usually.

#52 Zero BD

Zero BD

nishishishi

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Interests:Mostly drawing, playing games and watching anime. Normal things, I think.

Posted 15 June 2009 - 11:17 AM

1. Halo 3 ODST
2. Modern Warfare 2
3. FF13
4. Mass Effect 2
5. Keep WoW account alive

why yes. that is my adorable sister hugging a dakimura. got a problem?

#53 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 03:21 PM

Changed topic title to "top 10" games, you're more than welcome to add on to your list.

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Jun 14 2009, 05:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1. Assassin's Creeed 1 and II
2. Modern Warfare 2
3. Final Fantasy XIII
4. Starcraft 2
5. Mass Effect 2

Somehow your list is the same as mine... huh.gif, copy pasta much?

I have to add on 5 more games to my list.. biggrin.gif

6. Diablo III (Won't be out in 2009 for sure)
7. Bioshock 2
8. Splinter Cell: Conviction
9. Final Fantasy Versus XIII
10. Uncharted 2

My wallet is going to be empty this year and next year... ;__; (Gotta start job hunting to pay for these games)

#54 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 15 June 2009 - 06:11 PM

QUOTE (True @ Jan 26 2009, 01:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
  1. Diablo III
  2. Madden NFL 2010
  3. Resident Evil V
  4. StarCraft II
  5. Street Fighter IV

Already bought RE5 and SFIV, and I've gotten Madden every year since 01. Knowing Blizzard will take their time, I'm going to put off Diablo III and StarCraft II until we get a confirmed release date. Though if their is more info on either Diablo III or SC II before winter I just may forgoe console games and purchase a gaming laptop.
  • Assassin's Creed II
  • Bayonetta
  • Dead Space: Extraction
  • Fallout: New Vegas
  • Final Fantasy XIII
  • Mass Effect 2
  • Max Payne 3
  • Metroid Prime Trilogy and Metroid: Other M
  • Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles
  • Warhammer 40k: Space Marine

#55 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 04:03 AM

Final Fantasy XIII is a multi-platform game — which has some people worried about a dip in quality. Square Enix is here to ease those fears. That's nice!

"The team is targeting to create an equal experience on both the 360 and the PS3, so there are no limitations," says Final Fantasy XIII producer Yoshinori Kitase. "For example, right now we're working on the PS3 version first, and once we've completed that we'll really know how much game there will be to fit onto the Xbox 360 discs."

Kitase goes on to say that Square Enix currently does not know how many discs the Xbox 360 version will need, but does offer this: "There won't be a chance that we'll compromise anything because, oh it didn't fit in the 360 discs so we'll have to take it out of the PS3 version, or vice versa."

O_O

#56 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 16 June 2009 - 04:18 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Jun 15 2009, 11:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Final Fantasy XIII is a multi-platform game — which has some people worried about a dip in quality. Square Enix is here to ease those fears. That's nice!

"The team is targeting to create an equal experience on both the 360 and the PS3, so there are no limitations," says Final Fantasy XIII producer Yoshinori Kitase. "For example, right now we're working on the PS3 version first, and once we've completed that we'll really know how much game there will be to fit onto the Xbox 360 discs."

Kitase goes on to say that Square Enix currently does not know how many discs the Xbox 360 version will need, but does offer this: "There won't be a chance that we'll compromise anything because, oh it didn't fit in the 360 discs so we'll have to take it out of the PS3 version, or vice versa."

O_O

I for one have never minded multidisk. We will see though.

#57 Dash

Dash

Jetsetter

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts
  • Interests:Anime/manga, Music, Books, Animals (veterinary medicine), Scuba Diving

Posted 16 June 2009 - 07:58 PM

I for one have never minded multidisk. We will see though.

You say that now, but...
Honestly, as long as the disc/size limitations doesn't eliminate the possibility for dual audio (english and original japanese voices), then that issue about equality is fine.

On a related FFXIII note:

wot.gif
Snow's Shiva bike is a little disturbing

#58 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 08:31 PM

QUOTE (Illmatic @ Jan 26 2009, 05:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Killzone 2
God Of War 3-2010
All 3 FFXIII games(the U.S. wont get XIII till 2010, oh well)-FFXIII-2010,lord knows when the rest will arrive.
Resident Evil 5
Street Fighter IV
Tekken 6
Uncharted 2
Dissidia: Final Fantasy
Infamous
Naruto Ultimate Ninja 4
Madden 2010
MLB 09 The Show
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

New list

Madden NFL 10
Street Fighter IV
Uncharted 2
Dissidia: Final Fantasy
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
Tekken 6
The Conduit
Dead Space Extraction
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Batman: Arkham Asylum

Edited by Illmatic, 20 June 2009 - 06:12 PM.

#59 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 16 June 2009 - 09:34 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ Jan 25 2009, 11:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1) Street Fighter IV
2) Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion
3) Naruto Ultimate Ninja 4: Shippuden
4) Sonic and the Black Knight
5) (unsure which other game excites me... gonna check later)

Updated:

1) King of Fighters XII
2) Tekken 6
3) Naruto Ultimate Ninja 4: Shippuden
4) Sonic and SEGA All-Star Racing
5) Samurai Shodown: Edge of Destiny
6) Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny
7) Naruto Shippuden Legends: Akatsuki Rising
8) Kingdom Hearts 358/2
9) Final Fantasy XIII
10) Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#60 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 10:20 PM

LOL, Dash.

Is Shiva's face the location of where a regular gas fill tank is on a normal bike? XDDDDDD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users