Close
Photo

The PlayStation Vita (PSV)

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

Poll: Excited for the PSV or NGP? (28 member(s) have cast votes)

3DS or PSV?

1. 3DS (5 votes [17.86%])

Percentage of vote: 17.86%

2. PSV (14 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

3. Both (6 votes [21.43%])

Percentage of vote: 21.43%

4. Neither (3 votes [10.71%])

Percentage of vote: 10.71%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:33 PM

Ok i'm going to bring this thread back so that I may post my impressions.

Its bigger than the PSP, screen size and overall. Edges are rounded out nicely, fits in my palms comfortably and blah blah blah. The screen is big and incredibly awesome. BUY A SCREEN PROTECTOR. If you plan on getting a vita because it smudges easily and you don't want this thing to get harmed in any way possible. The analogs are small but they work just fine for me in Uncharted. They don't click though. Buttons and D-par also small, but like the sticks, are also responsive.

The Vita's UI is great, although I wish you weren't forced to only operate it by touch.

You can somewhat organize the apps/bubbles on the screen with custom backgrounds.

Mines:

You can open the apps and browse through them. You can even access them while you play games. I switched in and out of little deviants to message friends, surf the web, etc. and could get right back to where i was in the game as if i had merely paused it.

You can sign into PSN and see your friends and what they are playing just like on PS3. Right now I don't think can see you online if you are on Vita for some reason.

Friends list:
Friends List --Click here to view--

Can check their profiles...

Whos this loser and whats he do- OH HAI CLOUD.

Hooked up to near to see who was in a couple of miles radius around me

You can leave gifts for other people who come near your location our you can leave trade requests for items in different games. Its a cool feature, not unlike the 3DS street pass.

Now, the games. Little Deviants is a sort of mini games collection, making use of almost all the Vita's features. Its a good introductory lesson in what you can do. That said, the real reason I blew the cash to get this thing at Launch is Uncharted: Golden Abyss. The newest entry in my favorite series. It was developed by Sony Bend with Naughty Dog overseeing a few things. The gameplay is similar to Uncharted 2. Guns aim well, and you can choose play it liked you would on PS3 or use the touch controls to climb and attack, and use the gyro scope to help you aim.
I'm having a lot of fun on this, its incredible that a game like this is on a handheld.

Screenshots of UC:GA

Negatives:
-You cannot use the dpad or face buttons with the Vita UI at all. It gets annoying typing out words a letter at a time.

-Some games like Uncharted and Hot Shots Golf turn off the network features, meaning you have to actually leave the game completely to go use the internet.

-Memory Cards are mandatory for some games and are friggin expensive. The bundle I got only included a 4gb card. The 3g launch bundle will include a 8gb at least. But if you plan to take advantage of the discounts through downloading games online, you are going to have to pay up and get a large memory card to hold them.

-Camera not up to par with most cell phone cameras. To be fair, this is nitpicking.

-No backwards compatibility with UMDs. They sucked though, but still.

Overall I am happy with it. some good games are already available and more to follow in the next month or so.(I REALLY WANT FIFA football.) It really feels close to a next gen console, in your hands. The price is the problem. you might want to wait for it to drop, and when it does, there will be a bunch of solid titles available. I caved in, I wanted this thing since I saw it on E3. The touch controls are heavily implemented, I personally think its much better than Nintendo's touch screen offerings. If you can't wait, buying it now is worth it, but you also benefit pretty well by waiting.
\

#82 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:40 PM

Two fairly honest reviews and gripes about the PSVita.

http://www.destructo...21857.phtml#ext

http://www.destructo...ta-221569.phtml

#83 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:44 PM

I'm honored to be on the screenshot list, Mike.

Edit: I'm flying back home in March, so I'll try and see if they have some nice colored bundles I can look at and drool.

Edited by Cloud, 16 February 2012 - 10:45 PM.

#84 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:59 PM

Thanks for sharing your impressions Mik3, I hope you're enjoying the Vita. I gotta wait til the 22nd to get mine....

Edited by Illmatic, 17 February 2012 - 12:46 AM.

#85 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:23 AM

Ok Mik3 question about the Memory card, is it like a regular memory card SD or is is a micro SD? Because honestly, I wouldn't mind going on Amazon and splurging on a decent 32 gb memory card or something for that. Because I do plan on getting a Vita also. A system that's basically a portable ps3 is too good to miss. And your screenshots haven't discouraged me in the slightest. And even the negatives I can see be adjusted with future updates from PSN. Overall, I'm jelly.

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#86 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 02:51 AM

QUOTE (No WhereMan @ Feb 16 2012, 11:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok Mik3 question about the Memory card, is it like a regular memory card SD or is is a micro SD? Because honestly, I wouldn't mind going on Amazon and splurging on a decent 32 gb memory card or something for that. Because I do plan on getting a Vita also. A system that's basically a portable ps3 is too good to miss. And your screenshots haven't discouraged me in the slightest. And even the negatives I can see be adjusted with future updates from PSN. Overall, I'm jelly.

I think you're only allowed to use Sony's official Vita memory card.

#87 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:36 AM

Im sure somewhere down the line, an adapter will be made...

#88 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:13 PM

PS Vita. Who's got it?

Not me, that's for sure. XD

#89 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:34 PM

Not me, with my vacation coming up, I can't afford any big purchases.

#90 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:34 AM

I got one today. I tried out the party chat with Mik3 and it works great, I really wish the PS3 had it too. Anyway, when I used that Near thing about 80 people were playing vita in the same region as me. And not long after I got a friend request from one of the them, so it's pretty damn cool. Also, Square Enix gave out free psp games for gamers to use on their Vita's and I was able to nab Dissidia 012. Yay. So all in all, I like it the Vita alot. Sony's gotta keep a steady flow of games coming it's way, but there's potential in this thing. I look forward to wasting away many hours with it.

#91 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:47 PM

I feel like bringing this thread back from the dead since I nabbed me a Vita during boot leave.... was wondering who all here has one? It's the only gaming system that I've had with me for the past few months.

Picked up LBP the other day for it, it's pretty solid for a portable game. Looking forward AC3: Liberation at the end of October.

That recent firmware update made me pretty happy too, glad I can now play MGS1 on the system.

Edited by Kyuudaime, 26 September 2012 - 11:50 PM.

#92 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:02 PM

3ds cna be easily emulated you dont even need a superb graphics card, the roms have 200~mb, i dont buy 3ds because i can emulate it and all the games has 60~ fdps

about the Vita i'm waiting for a certain hacker to make a jailbreak for it.

Edited by dovahkiin, 22 November 2012 - 05:14 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#93 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:59 AM

From what I've seen, Vita hasn't been cracked (majorly) yet.

I'd give it another year before anything major happens. I'll probably end up getting one next year.

#94 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:54 AM

Hmm The Vita seems great but I don't think I'll by it far any reason other than playing whatever Tales games that come out for it.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#95 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:27 AM

I have a vita. It's funny although I have a few games on it. Most of them are PS1 games. It's nice to have some of those old classics portable and so presentable. I honestly wish they give the Vita more of the other ps1 releases that the ps3 and the PSP have already.

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#96 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:57 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Nov 23 2012, 02:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
From what I've seen, Vita hasn't been cracked (majorly) yet.

I'd give it another year before anything major happens. I'll probably end up getting one next year.

He dont need another year is going to end up soon because there's one thing left "have the kernel access" and get the encrypt code.

Edited by dovahkiin, 23 November 2012 - 11:02 AM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#97 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:25 AM

QUOTE (dovahkiin @ Nov 23 2012, 05:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He dont need another year is going to end up soon because there's one thing left "have the kernel access" and get the encrypt code.

Hmm. Really? Last time I checked, they were barely getting homebrews on it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users