39 replies to this topic

#1 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 04:11 PM

Well Luna revealed the twist last night and how people hated it so lets see what it was.

Summary Time: Chapter 55. Legacy...Naruto's Legacy being Bolt or something? No wait, Nail.

Cover page is that Kara member that I still haven't given a nickname to because he hardly appears. He apparently is a red head -so secret Uzumaki or have they dropped that- with a belt brace thing on his head and is surprisingly well dressed. So, The Punk, Brace Face, Or Punk of the Opera is what I'm thinking of right now.

So we start off with Naruto waking up in his mental space...is this some meta commentary or something? Kurama and Naruto talk with Naruto initially assuming he is now about to die. This is suppose to be a emotional scene as we get Naruto and Kurama two character that have a strong if tumultuous relationship having their last conversation with Naruto assuming this is also the last conversation before he died. It is ruined by Ikemoto's inability to convey emotions in Naruto's face. It honestly either its a blank face or looks like a bad actor mugging to the camera trying to act instead someone actually having emotional responses. After a bit of Naruto accepting his dead and lamenting all the things he would be leaving behind. Kurama reveals that it is HE who is dying Not Naruto. He says the Baryon Mode price is his life not Naruto's....which goes against what he said chapters ago where he asked if Naruto was willing to sacrifice himself. He said in 51 one that Naruto would died if they used this mode not Kurama. Now you could say that his reluctance to reveal this mode is him lying and deciding to sacrifice himself but still.

Ok let's go over the Biju and death in Naruto and Boruto. Originally Kurama worked with Naruto and gave him chakra in part one because he said if Naruto dies he would die; of course unless Naruto dies due to the seal being broken, then he free. Now this was change sometime in part two. -I think because of the story of Obito's fall and to help explain why the three tail didn't have host.- To if a host dies the tailed beast are made of living chakra so they just reform after awhile. But this chapter weirdly uses the biju extraction process killing the host to justify how this is different. But that doesn't make sense because they is purposely pulling out one chakra that the person is bonded to which again allows the beast to live because its living chakra. They should have mention that this is different from normal death instead of extraction. Or is this because it explaining the lost of the Biju chakra and how the host could survive? Also how did using this mode lead to Kurama's death? The mode from what I understand works by burning through both their reserves in a short amount of time to get the maximum amount of power; like burning a candle at both ends. But how does Kurama run out before Naruto?

He says he never lied and never said he would die he just misled Naruto. Well I just double check and he did say that Naruto will died if they used this mode in chapter 51. Then he warns Naruto that since he is dead Naruto has to be careful now since he will no longer has super-strength(?) anymore...I think they means his chakra reserves or his super mode if not is their an editors? And again this is suppose to be an emotional scene as Kurama fades into smoke and floats away, but fails as Ikemoto can't properly convey those emotions on Naruto's face.

Naruto wakes up bringing Bolt to tears as he thought he had lost him. Sasuke tells Bolt to open a portal back home as he no longer has the Rinnegan to do so.

You know I am glad that Naruto lost his tailed beast power and Sasuke lost his Rinnegan because they relied of those powers far too much in Boruto so far. Every fight Naruto went into he pretty much used and relied on the Kurama mode to fight. And Sasuke always used that stupid swap power that while used creatively sometime still got very dull after a while. 

Cut to The Punk spending time with the ten tails. Oh TAKE ME OVER THE SIDE AND kitten ME! Turns out he has a karma as well and it is used to revive Jenga like how Anko's curse seal revived Orochimaru...or is he having some weird Mufasa moment with him? Ok, the second option, Thank God. So, turns out the Punk can't take Jenga soul because his karma is imperfect. So, Jenga gives him his power and asks him to continue kaguya's clan legacy of planet eating to become a god. Guess this is the legacy of the chapter. The Punk decides he wants to kill the person who killed his master before finishing his master's request.

Back to Bolt failing to open a portal. Nail promises to help Bolt get rid of his karma. This leads to them having a spat that creates a portal.

Back to the peanut gallery where the sleazy inventor ask Madoc how he think thing are going to go, which thankfully doesn't lead to another conversation. As Shikamaru notes the main cast have returned and to send the medics to their location.

Bolt confirms his strong not gay brotherly love towards Nail and the chapter end with the Punk with his white karma activated contemplating killing all four of them.

March 19 for the next one. Since it seem now the Punk will be the one to kill Naruto and scar Bolt now, joy.

Well I can see why people were pissed. Kuamra's death needs to be explained better. Also like I have hopefully made clear before the Baryon mode fight was awful. So, it doesn't feel satisfying that he died from that. Also both Naruto and Sasuke have lost a lot of power, which I am happy about.

Hey Luna! Do you mind going over what people were having a kitten over on twitter on this topic? Thank you.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 23 February 2021 - 06:29 AM.

#2 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 04:28 PM

So in DragonBall super Beerus reveals to Vegeta that he was the one to order Freeza to destroy the saiyans. This was so he could lecture Vegeta he has to destroy his guilt over the saiyans' past in order to become stronger or learn the technique he wants to teach him.

Oh and we get to see how Freeza planet selling business works.

Oh and the new rival is friends with a Namekian who also fled Namek during the disaster like Kami. And he also made his own set of Dragon Balls. Which the rival uses to make himself the greatest warrior.

#3 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 07:49 PM

this chapter was a trip... also is sasuke's eye gonna be ok??

#4 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 09:27 PM

this chapter was a trip... also is sasuke's eye gonna be ok??

Hopefully, that eye is gone for good but who knows what bs medical jutsu can pull off after 15 years. I hope even if he gets it back, he loses the rennigan.

The problem is that they put the cart before the horse. They decided to focus on, "how can Naruto live without Kurama in him"; which is why they brought up extraction. Instead of, "how did Kurama die and not Naruto?" Figuring that people will want to know how Naruto is still alive since people were expecting him to be dead (finally), but instead went with the twist no Kurama died instead. But now they have according to Luna at least 70k people last night on twitter complaining about they don't understand how kurama is dead and Naruto and Sasuke are depowered. 

Now, of course it could just be a translation error and in chapter 51 kurama was vague and just said something like "this form results in death" and turned into "this form will result in your death." But the Baryon mode is still poorly explained. In Naruto we had images to go along with explanation here we get an analogy. Its like a virus, it like a back up drive, and its like nukes.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 19 February 2021 - 09:55 PM.

#5 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 19 February 2021 - 10:49 PM

Hmm, well, I say Sasuke will get the eye back; why? We have to remember this is Kishi, and he loves, and I mean loves the Uchiha no way will he let his best and most favorite character lose a power-up like this, so give it a chapter or two, and it will come back.

With DB Super, shocked Beerus told Vegeta, I always thought that it would be Frieza to tell Vegeta, but I do like it how we are getting more world-building.

#6 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 20 February 2021 - 12:52 AM

Hmm, well, I say Sasuke will get the eye back; why? We have to remember this is Kishi, and he loves, and I mean loves the Uchiha no way will he let his best and most favorite character lose a power-up like this, so give it a chapter or two, and it will come back.

With DB Super, shocked Beerus told Vegeta, I always thought that it would be Frieza to tell Vegeta, but I do like it how we are getting more world-building.

Normally I would say your right but with Kurama's death -if he is truly dead- and Sasuke pointing out he doesn't have one anymore this chapter. I'm inclined to believe he is going for depowering them both.

Freeza hasn't been around and he despite how strong he has gotten does not want to go against Beerus. With that being the case Whis may mention it but only if he thinks it would help his students growth. So really the truth would have to come out from Beerus. I get the feeling from this chapter that the mangaka is trying to show this is what a god of destruction truly is as well as how they are suppose to behave and think.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 20 February 2021 - 12:55 AM.

#7 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 20 February 2021 - 03:06 AM

Kurama dies... But Naruto lives. Okay I was under the assumption that if the Tailed beast is removed or leaves the host in any way the host dies but whatever, I don't actually even have the interest to question anymore. I hear the fandom is in an uproar though. Can anyone confirm? And then there is the possibility of bringing him back I suppose.

Edited by Phantom_999, 20 February 2021 - 03:07 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#8 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 20 February 2021 - 04:35 AM

Kurama dies... But Naruto lives. Okay I was under the assumption that if the Tailed beast is removed or leaves the host in any way the host dies but whatever, I don't actually even have the interest to question anymore. I hear the fandom is in an uproar though. Can anyone confirm? And then there is the possibility of bringing him back I suppose.

Ask Luna, its on twitter apparently.

The one thing this chapter did do was bring up that this was somehow different from extraction. It didn't give much detail how or why but it they did...the word address is too strong. 

#9 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 20 February 2021 - 11:28 AM

Hmm fair enough.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#10 Luna

Luna

aespa

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 20 February 2021 - 05:06 PM

Ask Luna, its on twitter apparently.

The one thing this chapter did do was bring up that this was somehow different from extraction. It didn't give much detail how or why but it they did...the word address is too strong. 

Yeah, it has calmed down on twitter but I saw one tweet saying that they should kill Sakura in Boruto and it had a lot of likes. Unfortunately, Sakura has A LOT of support on twitter so many weren't happy and he got what was coming to him. (There are still some the agree but majority disagreed.)

#11 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 20 February 2021 - 09:14 PM

So Luna, how pissed are people right now since Kurama is dead?

Normally I would say your right but with Kurama's death -if he is truly dead- and Sasuke pointing out he doesn't have one anymore this chapter. I'm inclined to believe he is going for depowering them both.

Freeza hasn't been around and he despite how strong he has gotten does not want to go against Beerus. With that being the case Whis may mention it but only if he thinks it would help his students growth. So really the truth would have to come out from Beerus. I get the feeling from this chapter that the mangaka is trying to show this is what a god of destruction truly is as well as how they are suppose to behave and think.

Hmm, I guess this means that we need to wait and see what Kishi will do. I think Kishi, and now he is back, will do an asspull to make Sasuke top dog again.

Yeah, true I just always thought Frieza would tell them so Vegeta would lose it with Beerus, but as you said I am happy Beerus told Vegeta this, and I will add I love the new Dragon too looks so cool.

#12 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 20 February 2021 - 09:32 PM

Yeah, it has calmed down on twitter but I saw one tweet saying that they should kill Sakura in Boruto and it had a lot of likes. Unfortunately, Sakura has A LOT of support on twitter so many weren't happy and he got what was coming to him. (There are still some the agree but majority disagreed.)

Well I have also been saying that for a while. In my case because its a dare because I know it would backfire. Not even counting Sakura fans it would backfire because it wouldn't likely effect Salad the most popular of the main cast of the current generation.

Do you mind answering any of the question about what happened on twitter? Since you were there and I wasn't.

#13 Luna

Luna

aespa

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 21 February 2021 - 01:05 AM

Well I have also been saying that for a while. In my case because its a dare because I know it would backfire. Not even counting Sakura fans it would backfire because it wouldn't likely effect Salad the most popular of the main cast of the current generation.

Do you mind answering any of the question about what happened on twitter? Since you were there and I wasn't.

I don't mind. c: What do you guys want to know?

#14 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 21 February 2021 - 01:55 AM

I don't mind. c: What do you guys want to know?

Give a overview of what you saw happen and then give details if you can if people ask.

#15 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,431 posts

Posted 21 February 2021 - 05:03 PM

Holy kitten, I didn't think that after cloud ninja from shippuden appeared with minigun on his side, that was some fanfic level writing. Now this is a whole other chuuni level of fanfic writing, and not in a good meaning. Thanks for telling us about this chapter as always @Bail o' Lies

Lol, guess being in a SS couple brings some benefits to it, I can't remember Sakura having alot of support prior to ending outside of here and maybe some rare cases, it's usually was a dumb meme western audience forced about being "useless" which she wasn't since part 2.

#16 Luna

Luna

aespa

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 21 February 2021 - 06:01 PM

Give a overview of what you saw happen and then give details if you can if people ask.

Honestly, its just basically people crying about how Kurama died with some saying they rather Boruto die. Even some celebrities commented on it with people mourning his death. Some vowed to drop the manga and anime while others were glad for character deaths. I didn't even know Kurama had so many fans until he died so I was a bit shocked. I would post some tweets but that would require me going through that hashtag again. 

It was a mixed bag of opinions in that hashtag but overall people were pretty sad he died for some reason. 

#17 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 12:21 AM

Holy kitten, I didn't think that after cloud ninja from shippuden appeared with minigun on his side, that was some fanfic level writing. Now this is a whole other chunin level of fanfic writing, and not in a good meaning. Thanks for telling us about this chapter as always @Bail o' Lies

Lol, guess being in a SS couple brings some benefits to it, I can't remember Sakura having alot of support prior to ending outside of here and maybe some rare cases, it's usually was a dumb meme western audience forced about being "useless" which she wasn't since part 2.

Mist Ninja. Ao https://naruto.fando...wiki/Ao#New_Era

With Sakura not being in the way of Hinata, Hinata and Naruto being together, and Salad.

Remember people didn't like the idea of Sakura being together with Naruto (among other things) because she hit him and thought it would be better if he got with Hinata instead. Well, those two are now together and it shows that it was a mistake, because Hinata cannot control Naruto or the kids, now Naruto is a miserable passionless man that neglects his children, the children are both neglected and spoiled, and in the end it would have been better for Naruto together with Sakura since she was able to raise Salad (decent and well liked character) on her own. The grass is always greener on the otherside.

Honestly, its just basically people crying about how Kurama died with some saying they rather Boruto die. Even some celebrities commented on it with people mourning his death. Some vowed to drop the manga and anime while others were glad for character deaths. I didn't even know Kurama had so many fans until he died so I was a bit shocked. I would post some tweets but that would require me going through that hashtag again. 

It was a mixed bag of opinions in that hashtag but overall people were pretty sad he died for some reason. 

I rather Bolt die at any point in this story. Even Karma threat of Femmy taking over and killing Bolt doesn't really work because I don't like that boy. Which celebrities?

As the Kyuubi he was considered cool because he was this dangerous evil demon that was always plotting his freedom and getting revenge on those that imprisoned him. Then we learn more about Kurama people sympathize with this bitter creature that was told to have faith in humanity only to be used as a weapon while imprisoned for a century.

There a very few Naruto characters that actually have large hatedoms. Naruto, Sakura, Sasuke, Kakashi, and Neji in Naruto and Bolt and Hinata from Boruto. I'm not counting villains.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 22 February 2021 - 01:10 AM.

#18 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,431 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 03:39 AM

Remember people didn't like the idea of Sakura being together with Naruto (among other things) because she hit him and thought it would be better if he got with Hinata instead. Well, those two are now together and it shows that it was a mistake, because Hinata cannot control Naruto or the kids, now Naruto is a miserable passionless man that neglects his children, the children are both neglected and spoiled, and in the end it would have been better for Naruto together with Sakura since she was able to raise Salad (decent and well liked character) on her own. The grass is always greener on the otherside.

I can hardly belive that there is person that reconsidered their way of thinking after they saw Boruto or any of what happend to Sakura, they just woudn't care in my opinion.

#19 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 08:12 PM

I can hardly belive that there is person that reconsidered their way of thinking after they saw Boruto or any of what happend to Sakura, they just woudn't care in my opinion.

Oh I agree, all they care about is that Hinata got 'Her' happy ending and nothing else/

#20 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 02:45 AM

kurama could leave naruto in the last as well it's the extraction that kills i think, also kurama said this method of suicide doesn't kill naruto

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users