Close
Photo

H & E; After Naruto

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
103 replies to this topic

Poll: The end is near (68 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you going to stay and keep posting after Naruto ends?

1. Of course! I love it here! (55 votes [80.88%])

Percentage of vote: 80.88%

2. Not sure (10 votes [14.71%])

Percentage of vote: 14.71%

3. Probably not (3 votes [4.41%])

Percentage of vote: 4.41%

Vote

#81 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 06 April 2010 - 01:44 AM

QUOTE (No WhereMan @ Apr 5 2010, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My appologizes I didn't know.

No need to have apologized it was a legit question, and I just merged the threads so that newer members could read the old answers to the question for themselves happy.gif

#82 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 06:46 AM

Regardless of the outcome, this site and community has been too great to let go. Both the members atmosphere (respect and behavior) has been the best I've seen over any other site I've came across. We've shared so many good laughs and other emotions on this site to just let go. smile.gif

If Smiter ever did get tired of paying for the site or some other issue/problem/incident occured me and/or several other members would be more than glad to help keep it running. smile.gif

#83 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 06 April 2010 - 06:53 AM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Apr 6 2010, 02:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If Smiter ever did get tired of paying for the site or some other issue/problem/incident occured me and/or several other members would be more than glad to help keep it running. smile.gif

We've actually spoken on that. Like having a member donation drive, cause Smitey's been footing the bill all by himself from the start and costs do rise, so he could use all the help he could get ^^

#84 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 06 April 2010 - 07:06 AM

Hmm... if Naruto ends, I don't think there will be that much change in here. Ok... The Naruto General and Icha Icha NaruSaku side prob gonna die but Fun Cafe and Ramen Bar? fat chance...

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#85 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 07:21 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Apr 6 2010, 01:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We've actually spoken on that. Like having a member donation drive, cause Smitey's been footing the bill all by himself from the start and costs do rise, so he could use all the help he could get ^^

I don't mind doing it if their is a safe method like paypal or something, otherwise somebody could take/hack and get my account number and "go to the bank" if you know what i mean. happy.gif

#86 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:you

Posted 06 April 2010 - 08:59 PM

I'll never leave! The people here are so nice to me, and it's so much fun! I certainly hope nothing happens to it!

eileenbeautifulswan_zps46b60759.gif

#87 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 09:25 PM

This is the best forum I've ever visited. It's impossible for me to leave that place!!

#88 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 06 April 2010 - 10:19 PM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Apr 6 2010, 03:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't mind doing it if their is a safe method like paypal or something, otherwise somebody could take/hack and get my account number and "go to the bank" if you know what i mean. happy.gif

Curses, you found out my plan! -Throws smoke-bomb.-

Anyways, I might forget about this place. Not on purpose, but because I'm losing my memory quite fast and this place might be the first thing to go once I stop going here alot.

#89 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 07 April 2010 - 04:42 AM

Dinosaurs can plan? O.o

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

#90 Draco_K

Draco_K

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Interests:I got alot of intrests. ask me and I might tell ya about them.

Posted 07 April 2010 - 04:59 AM

perhaps he is a evolved dinosaur. for if we do not evolve we simply perish. or so im told. much like the site will do after Naruto is over. im sure it will evolve into a different style or form but will still remain a place to come and talk and remember the manga and television show.
Been There, Done That, Bought the T Shirt but damned if the son of a b*tch didnt get tossed out.

#91 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 07 April 2010 - 05:51 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Apr 6 2010, 07:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmm...

In the past, I had been very resistant to such ideas, because I didn't want to risk becoming a Tazmo (someone who squeezes as much money as he can out of his members for his own gain). For me, Heaven & Earth is all about NaruSaku fans meeting and sharing what they love/like/hate about their pairing and the Naruto manga!

But it's true that, now that I'm living in my own home, I have to be very careful with my money. If everyone is OK with it, I can look into setting up a donation button with PayPal. smile.gif Then I would keep updating everyone on how much (if anything) has been donated, and say what's happening to the money. Complete transparency. Everything goes right back into H&E.

I'm also planning to get off my arse and start giving this place a fresh lick of paint, so keep an eye open! There won't be any major software upgrades as everything is working the way it should, and massive projects are often a waste of time and energy. So there will be a series of small jobs that I can do over the weekends. All we need, is to improve what we already have. happy.gif

Thank you very much, everyone, for coming here and making H&E the place it is!

#92 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 06:09 PM

Let's all go out for Pie!

#93 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 07 April 2010 - 06:23 PM

QUOTE (BlackLightning @ Apr 7 2010, 12:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dinosaurs can plan? O.o

I swallow people, I pop them out as eggs that are throwable at speeds impossible for a creature of my stature, and I have a baby on my back all in the mean-while.

-Leans forward.- I know things.

#94 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE (Insurrection @ Apr 7 2010, 07:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Let's all go out for Pie!

Yess.. wow.png

Well, lets all get out the credit cards and help Smiter... Though, I only have cash 0_0...

"Oh, Mom can I borrow your credit card?"

"You called me Mom and not Old woman for once!... What do you want?"

"He-He... You see there's this charity..."

#95 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Apr 7 2010, 12:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm also planning to get off my arse and start giving this place a fresh lick of paint, so keep an eye open! There won't be any major software upgrades as everything is working the way it should, and massive projects are often a waste of time and energy. So there will be a series of small jobs that I can do over the weekends. All we need, is to improve what we already have. happy.gif

Sounds good Smiter! a_thumbs.gif (cough* donation promotions cough*) I'm just kidding Smiter. happy.gif

QUOTE (Kamina-Yoshi @ Apr 7 2010, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I swallow people, I pop them out as eggs that are throwable at speeds impossible for a creature of my stature, and I have a baby on my back all in the mean-while.

-Leans forward.- I know things.

yucky.gif Seriously dude I didn't need to hear that.

Edited by Uzumakikage, 07 April 2010 - 08:30 PM.

#96 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 08:40 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Apr 7 2010, 05:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oww... Maybe some Pink and Orange if you catch my drift...heheelq7.png

#97 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 12:12 AM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Apr 8 2010, 03:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm...

In the past, I had been very resistant to such ideas, because I didn't want to risk becoming a Tazmo (someone who squeezes as much money as he can out of his members for his own gain). For me, Heaven & Earth is all about NaruSaku fans meeting and sharing what they love/like/hate about their pairing and the Naruto manga!

But it's true that, now that I'm living in my own home, I have to be very careful with my money. If everyone is OK with it, I can look into setting up a donation button with PayPal. smile.gif Then I would keep updating everyone on how much (if anything) has been donated, and say what's happening to the money. Complete transparency. Everything goes right back into H&E.

My recommendations are:
1. put up a donation bar so we know how much is needed and how much has been donated so far.
2. Tell in advance if more donation is needed and WHY

I don't mind giving donation to this site since this place is literally my online home. but I have to know what my money is for.

Edited by BlackLightning, 08 April 2010 - 12:12 AM.

#98 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 08 April 2010 - 06:29 PM

QUOTE (BlackLightning @ Apr 8 2010, 01:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My recommendations are:
1. put up a donation bar so we know how much is needed and how much has been donated so far.
2. Tell in advance if more donation is needed and WHY

I don't mind giving donation to this site since this place is literally my online home. but I have to know what my money is for.

Thanks for the feedback, and I will certainly do those things in addition to what I already proposed. smile.gif

Right now, the only outlay is $40 a month for the server (AppLayerEX, from MediaLayer), but there is also a license renewal that I usually do for Invision Power Board so we can continue to get upgrades/patches/support. Since we dropped Live Chat, the costs have gone down a lot. Any donation I get for H&E via Paypal STAYS in my Paypal account to pay for the server bills. Any shortfalls or "little extras" (such as if I went for a paid board skin) will still be funded by me. smile.gif

For now, I will concentrate on the new skin (thanks for the suggestions, Shippuden Girl, lol), THEN I will look at how to add the Paypal donate button. happy.gif

I'm actually angling for a blue-green theme, so it still has a connection to H&E's current blue, and it'd also fit nicely with the Spring season and the name (blue/green = sky/grass = Heaven/Earth). wink.gif

#99 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 06:46 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Apr 8 2010, 02:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm actually angling for a blue-green theme, so it still has a connection to H&E's current blue, and it'd also fit nicely with the Spring season and the name (blue/green = sky/grass = Heaven/Earth). wink.gif

Whew!

Pink and orange might be a bit tough for me to take as a backdrop. They're better as accents.

#100 Chesh

Chesh

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 06:51 PM

Naruto will have another timeskip. Just you wait and see. Older Naruto from the few scenes we saw looked awesome biggrin.gif and the potrayed it in the recent Anime episode excellently.
I'm making perfect sense your just not keeping up

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users