#1 TerrorKing

TerrorKing

Glorified lurker of the deep!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:38 AM

It's out!

Great episode with great use of both lighting and music to create a tense atmosphere. Lover nin's confession was also really well done. It seemed very down to earth and well....cute. Hell, for a moment there, I almost became a LoverSaku fan. biggrin.gif I liked how Sakura waited until the lover nin left before she started thinking about Sasuke. I also liked how she had to sit down first. It sort of gave it even more impact. You know how sometimes you get so shocked you just have to sit down for a moment.

Also, the moment leading up to "Neji" assasinating Sakura. Great use of music and then when Sakura laid the smacdown on White Zetsu. Pure awesomeness! The music, the animation. Everything was perfect. I even liked how it showed an outside shot of the tent with all the passing shinobi being like, "What the hell is going in there?!". laugh.gif

The other parts were great as well. Who can forget the awesome bromance between Itachi and Nagato or the poor guys who got taken out while taking a leak. I also liked the music that they used when Shikaku, Mabui and Inoichi was discussing the Allied Shionbi Forces situation back at HQ. I must say, so far this war arc has had quite a lot of awesome new music tracks.

Next week looks interesting. For some reason I've always liked the fillers better when they were somehow integrated into the overall story. The Guardian Shinobi Twelve and the Three Tails arc were great examples of this. Plus, it's always nice to see Team 8 in action. a_thumbs.gif

Edited by TerrorKing, 04 October 2012 - 10:43 AM.

ragnorak-heavydose-500-2.jpg

Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die

Won't you run, live to fly,

fly to live, Aces high

#2 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:00 PM

Wow! really good --Click here to view--
Animation was good and the sound they laid in was excellent. Definitely felt like shinobi movements with all the wooshing sounds.

Interesting contradiction with Hinata and Sakura in this one, after the token Hinata insertion to balance Sakura's storyline. Hinata looks so passive, sitting and looking and mooning of Naruto as usual. But Sakura couldn't be more vibrant as a character. A guy from another country watches her work and thinks she's something special, enough to want to pursue her; her enemy recognizes her strength and targets her, then pays her a backhanded compliment by admitting that she's smart enough to figure him out when we know no one else could; and the rest of the med-nins now must acknowledge how strong she is by taking him down and figuring him out all on her own. And this is all secondary to her split-second ability to lay a trap, determine he's the enemy, then pound him into the ground. Makes her look a hell of a lot better than someone sitting in a trench going puppy-eyes over Naruto.

Really good episode. Very suspenseful and well done. Now I can't wait till Naruto returns to the scene!

#3 candycane-chan

candycane-chan

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:13 PM

i felt like i was watching a scary movie the entire episode but it was really gooood,the lover nin's confession was so good i almost supported him wub.gif ,her punching him and then the tent she looked so bad ass when yelling at him cool.gif that he couldnt even lie lol,and the lover nin good thing they didnt spoil it i was worried but thxx god no flashbacks rolleyes.gif this episode had the greatest soundtracks,i flet you could cut the tension with a knife and neji was funny confusing a dog for a man laugh.gif

#4 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:45 PM

bad chapter overall, fillers going to start on 3...2...1...

Edited by dovahkiin, 06 September 2012 - 02:47 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#5 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:52 PM

An excellent episode. The art and animation was top notch, and the music selection is getting better. But dear god, that soundtrack with Sakura was kittenin' awesome!! It cranked up her badassness to god tier level!! that part in the manga didn't impress me much, but the addition of that soundtrack made that part look as big as Pain fight.

I wonder if this is a result of RTN?? maybe Kishi really hammered the point home to the studio that Sakura is as every bit the heroine Kishi makes her out to be, thus for this episode, Kishi had one message: make her scene as badass as you can.

Another subtle thing I noticed, Lover-nin said "a Konoha shinobi, right??" (the one you love) it hits you right in the face and conveys Kishi's message probably the exact way he intended to. By asking if he's a Konoha Shinobi (which he's not) it makes it easier to understand Sakura's guilt.

But it goes both ways too because it degrades Sakura's character to some fans. But this is infinitely better than the manga, because the added line makes a big difference because it can be interpreted like this: "a Konoha Shinobi?? yeah, right. How could I love someone who abandoned his village??" at least, that's how I see it.

Here's hoping for that Sakura soundtrack to come back during the Bijuu battle. I'm seriously out it plays out when Naruto transforms.

MANGA SPOILERS!! --Click here to view--
I just had a moment of fridge brilliance. Obito ordered the Zetsus to target Sakura so that he can completely destroy Naruto. He probably knows Naruto will still try to rise from her death, but he'll make a case in point using her death to convince Naruto that his Infinite Tsukuyomi is the way to go. Using Sakura's death to his advantage and making a comparison between him and himself would destroy him.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#6 Deej

Deej

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:31 PM

QUOTE (TerrorKing @ Sep 6 2012, 11:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Plus, it's always nice to see Team 8 in action. a_thumbs.gif

If it weren't for anime filler, Team 8 would get no action. tongue.gif

I wonder how many will skip the next three episodes because they are filler?

I guess I am the only one who found Lover Nin to be creepy hitting on 16 year old Sakura.

#7 Transformers03

Transformers03

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:31 PM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Sep 6 2012, 07:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
An excellent episode. The art and animation was top notch, and the music selection is getting better. But dear god, that soundtrack with Sakura was kittenin' awesome!! It cranked up her badassness to god tier level!! that part in the manga didn't impress me much, but the addition of that soundtrack made that part look as big as Pain fight.

I wonder if this is a result of RTN?? maybe Kishi really hammered the point home to the studio that Sakura is as every bit the heroine Kishi makes her out to be, thus for this episode, Kishi had one message: make her scene as badass as you can.

Another subtle thing I noticed, Lover-nin said "a Konoha shinobi, right??" (the one you love) it hits you right in the face and conveys Kishi's message probably the exact way he intended to. By asking if he's a Konoha Shinobi (which he's not) it makes it easier to understand Sakura's guilt.

But it goes both ways too because it degrades Sakura's character to some fans. But this is infinitely better than the manga, because the added line makes a big difference because it can be interpreted like this: "a Konoha Shinobi?? yeah, right. How could I love someone who abandoned his village??" at least, that's how I see it.

Here's hoping for that Sakura soundtrack to come back during the Bijuu battle. I'm seriously out it plays out when Naruto transforms.

I just had a moment of fridge brilliance. Obito ordered the Zetsus to target Sakura so that he can completely destroy Naruto. He probably knows Naruto will still try to rise from her death, but he'll make a case in point using her death to convince Naruto that his Infinite Tsukuyomi is the way to go. Using Sakura's death to his advantage and making a comparison between him and himself would destroy him.

This, and the RTN movie, makes me feel like her popularity is going to sky rocket again. I see her going higher on the popularity polls.

#8 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:58 PM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Sep 6 2012, 02:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

but did zetsu even touch her? and cant naruto sense zetsus?

Edited by merryGOflava, 06 September 2012 - 05:59 PM.

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#9 HalfStarStudios

HalfStarStudios

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 06:09 PM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Sep 6 2012, 10:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm pretty sure Obito could care less about that. He just wanted to take out the top Medical Ninjas. The next target was Shizune.

#10 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 06:14 PM

Sakura's scenes --Click here to view--
First of all the animation was top notch in this episode and music was well placed throughout the show.

I didn't like much how Sakura so earnestly said to lover-nin that she had someone she loved. I guess I was half-expecting her to stutter a little to create some doubt, but she seemed very sure of herself about how she felt there.

But the subsequent scene with her was a little better since they extended upon Sakura's reflection about Sasuke's current status, which is emphasized following the lover-nin's comment that who she loves must be a great man. There's even that close up with her eyes after she thinks of Sasuke. She really was deep in thought at that moment.

For better or for worse, it shows that Sakura keeps it as a big deal in her mind the fact that Sasuke is not the great guy she should supposedly love. I really hope that scene has some purpose in the future. I don't think it would've been necessary to emphasize the fact that Sasuke's not the great guy Sakura wants him to be if it's not gonna have ramifications in the future.

#11 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 06 September 2012 - 10:08 PM

I see the animators did pretty much follow Kishimoto's lead and put in a break between Sakura's first kind, but matter of a fact statement that she already was in love with someone, and the change as the lover letter nin continues. The matter of a fact tone was about her love for Naruto. She's absolutely certain of that. Kishimoto was deliberately testing readers ability to discern this by not showing Sakura's inner thoughts there and making a chapter break. The animators break the scene too, and again follow Kishimoto's lead and don't show Sakura's thoughts.

The depressed and miserable look as the scene continues is her shame over realizing, unlike she had earnestly believed, she hadn't eliminated all her feelings for Sasuke, and makes her feel sick at herself for still having feelings for someone she knows is a monsterous person who never had any feelings for her. Poor Sakura is loathing herself for these feelings (which Naruto did play a significant part in her mistaking these feelings for love with the way he acted during her confession) which aren't what she thinks they are- there's no need for her to loathe herself. They are actually the team mate bond- which Kishimoto has shown us over and over as intense as a romantic or familial bond, and the fragments of memories of her feelings.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#12 Don-kun

Don-kun

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Interests:Music, Electronics, Driving car, Traveling and NaruSaku.

Posted 06 September 2012 - 10:26 PM

QUOTE (HalfStarStudios @ Sep 6 2012, 02:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm pretty sure Obito could care less about that. He just wanted to take out the top Medical Ninjas. The next target was Shizune.

Manga spoiler. --Click here to view--
I also agree with you I don't think Tobi was asking to kill Sakura to hurt Naruto, but I do believe Sasuke was since he made that speech.

Anyway it will be nice if Kishi makes Tobi secretly Kill Sakura since that will help him locate and capture Naruto easier since he would be full of anger and would not think rationally.

#13 Transformers03

Transformers03

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 10:29 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Sep 6 2012, 03:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I see the animators did pretty much follow Kishimoto's lead and put in a break between Sakura's first kind, but matter of a fact statement that she already was in love with someone, and the change as the lover letter nin continues. The matter of a fact tone was about her love for Naruto. She's absolutely certain of that. Kishimoto was deliberately testing readers ability to discern this by not showing Sakura's inner thoughts there and making a chapter break. The animators break the scene too, and again follow Kishimoto's lead and don't show Sakura's thoughts.

The depressed and miserable look as the scene continues is her shame over realizing, unlike she had earnestly believed, she hadn't eliminated all her feelings for Sasuke, and makes her feel sick at herself for still having feelings for someone she knows is a monsterous person who never had any feelings for her. Poor Sakura is loathing herself for these feelings (which Naruto did play a significant part in her mistaking these feelings for love with the way he acted during her confession) which aren't what she thinks they are- there's no need for her to loathe herself. They are actually the team mate bond- which Kishimoto has shown us over and over as intense as a romantic or familial bond, and the fragments of memories of her feelings.

You have no proof that she was thinking of Naruto when she said there's someone else, and this argument, claiming she isn't happy about being in love with Sasuke and was thinking about Naruto, comes off as showing us............desperate.

................................................I'm not trying to be a jerk, it's just I have been reading a lot of arguments against us, and this argument is one of the most ridicule ones among other pairing fandoms, because it makes us look desperate. Why can't we just accept the fact Sakura MAY have been thinking of Sasuke when she said there was someone else, and still claim Narusaku will happen because of other things (development, parallels, a HELL of a lot more hints, etc...).

...............................................Yet again, not trying to be a jerk.........

#14 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 10:46 PM

QUOTE (Transformers03 @ Sep 6 2012, 11:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You have no proof that she was thinking of Naruto when she said there's someone else, and this argument, claiming she isn't happy about being in love with Sasuke and was thinking about Naruto, comes off as showing us............desperate.

................................................I'm not trying to be a jerk, it's just I have been reading a lot of arguments against us, and this argument is one of the most ridicule ones among other pairing fandoms, because it makes us look desperate. Why can't we just accept the fact Sakura MAY have been thinking of Sasuke when she said there was someone else, and still claim Narusaku will happen because of other things (development, parallels, a HELL of a lot more hints, etc...).

...............................................Yet again, not trying to be a jerk.........

i agree and disagree in some parts, well she did not think about naruto but she was thinking not about sasuke but her feelings for him, there's a difference she was not thinking "sasuke where are you or something like that", she was thinking mostly her feelings it was about herself not naruto or sasuke.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#15 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:07 PM

QUOTE (dovahkiin @ Sep 6 2012, 06:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i agree and disagree in some parts, well she did not think about naruto but she was thinking not about sasuke but her feelings for him, there's a difference she was not thinking "sasuke where are you or something like that", she was thinking mostly her feelings it was about herself not naruto or sasuke.

Agreed.

And it goes perfectly with how the lover-nin made mention of how Sakura seems like the type of girl that would fall for a great guy. It's about the sadness that her feelings for Sasuke bring her. It's all centered around her.

If it was only about her feeling bad for Sasuke then there would've been no need to add the "great guy" line. It would've just ended with something like "I hope it works out. I'm sure he'll be happy about your feelings", but no. Instead of focusing on how the "other guy"would be lucky to have someone like Sakura Lover-in shifted it to how Sakura herself would only fall for a great guy. He made it all about Sakura and her choices.

The way that scene was worded has intrigued me ever since the manga chapter came out. So I hope that scene will have ramifications in the future.

#16 dragonflyx11

dragonflyx11

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:50 PM

has anyone ever thought that she said she is in love with some one alrdy so quickly like that because she wanted to let the guy down easy? i do feel she is confused about her feelings for sasuke, but i don't think she can so easily say she loves him, just like i feel shes confused about her feelings for naruto too. i don't think she can so easily say that she loves him either.

Edited by dragonflyx11, 06 September 2012 - 11:52 PM.

#17 Don-kun

Don-kun

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:22 AM

Alright here is the thing.

1st Ciardha is completely wrong. Right about Sasuke but wrong about her feelings for Naruto since it hasn't been made clear yet.

2nd what the Anime Team did ist useless, unless the Manga translation is wrong. Sakura never said there was someone else she love. There is someone else I... Lover nin completed the sentence and she agrees, why disagree if he was right.

3rd A way to make the scene Positive . He must be a lucky guy since you seem like a very nice young lady.

Negative way the scene were made, I hope everything work fine, he most be a great guy since you're in love with him, Sakura reflection and sad remember that Sasuke isn't a great guy, then in the same scene Kishi make a contrast scene with Hinata's feeling happy and inspired about her feelings.

No My reply.

If Kishi did make it that way, is only for her to re-evaluate her feelings later, otherwise she would of confirmed that she will always love him or make it clear that she doesn't love Naruto.

Manga spoiler

Some people believe that Sasuke will just appear and save the day in Naruto's fight against Madara/Tobi.

Sasuke went on a journey and when he returns who knows if he will come back with a mentality for world domination or guild willing to give his life to save Naruto's live, I believe that Sakura feelings will be explored in the Naruto vs Sasuke fight.

One thing for sure if Sakura asks Sasuke why after he complimenting her forehead he call her annoying, that will be the end of SS.

#18 Transformers03

Transformers03

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:16 AM

QUOTE (NS means logic @ Sep 6 2012, 11:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Alright here is the thing.

1st Ciardha is completely wrong. Right about Sasuke but wrong about her feelings for Naruto since it hasn't been made clear yet.

2nd what the Anime Team did ist useless, unless the Manga translation is wrong. Sakura never said there was someone else she love. There is someone else I... Lover nin completed the sentence and she agrees, why disagree if he was right.

3rd A way to make the scene Positive . He must be a lucky guy since you seem like a very nice young lady.

Negative way the scene were made, I hope everything work fine, he most be a great guy since you're in love with him, Sakura reflection and sad remember that Sasuke isn't a great guy, then in the same scene Kishi make a contrast scene with Hinata's feeling happy and inspired about her feelings.

No My reply.

If Kishi did make it that way, is only for her to re-evaluate her feelings later, otherwise she would of confirmed that she will always love him or make it clear that she doesn't love Naruto.

Manga spoiler

Some people believe that Sasuke will just appear and save the day in Naruto's fight against Madara/Tobi.

Sasuke went on a journey and when he returns who knows if he will come back with a mentality for world domination or guild willing to give his life to save Naruto's live, I believe that Sakura feelings will be explored in the Naruto vs Sasuke fight.

One thing for sure if Sakura asks Sasuke why after he complimenting her forehead he call her annoying, that will be the end of SS.

Are you saying that Kishi is showing that Sakura's feelings are bad, while Hinata's feelings for Naruto are genuine and gives her strength. While that comparison definitely will show Sakura's feelings for Sasuke in a bad light, it also shows that Hinata's feelings for Naruto are strong. Though I never denied Hinata loves Naruto, showing a positive comparison between her crush with Sakura's, will make it even harder for us to expect that she'll move on and allow Naruto to get with Sakura.

An other way to interpretate the scene is that, with Sakura quickly kicking Zetsus butt soon afterwards, that both of the girl's crushes gives them courage and strength........................ Just a thought.

#19 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:31 AM

Well, I am glad that this episode went down nicely. We got the whole lover nin down, one more to go (Hinata).

Manga spoiler --Click here to view--
Sasuke escaped this arc and now, postpone for the next arc. It's clear that his journey to find the truth is the main priority to gain the idea of what to do next. Plus, we still got to wait for Karin to reunite the team. It will come off silly for showing her escape, only to never appear. Pretty sure what's happening now in the manga is the climax of the arc.

Also, I just don't know. It's clear for Naruto to reign supreme in terms of importance. Nothing will change his feelings/thoughts. If the media don't consider Hinata's confession a serious plot importance, then nothing will change Naruto. Nothing. Even the hug scene gets an honorable mention. Funny, I remember people once thought there will be a manga novel cover of her and Naruto with that chapter, but Minato rules all (Yeah, I am a fan of him). I'm sorry, but the recent chapters, the movie, and all of the anime supports just can't be negated. Naruto's feelings will get the final saying in the whole story. If it does, then why I support Naruto, Kishi? Hm. It seriously hurts the story a lot, believe it or not. I do believe that this arc did a lot of favors for all fans (Team 10, Hinata, etc.). In the current situation, it's time for the true important element of the story. You know, something that games/anime will talk about it the most. I guess that's why some people got bored with this arc at certain point, because there's too much going on. I am so happy on the current situation because I feel like another important element for Naruto (character) is happening.

Yeah, not down with that? Then I got two words for ya!

Why not? tongue.gif

#20 Don-kun

Don-kun

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:57 AM

QUOTE (Transformers03 @ Sep 7 2012, 03:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you saying that Kishi is showing that Sakura's feelings are bad, while Hinata's feelings for Naruto are genuine and gives her strength. While that comparison definitely will show Sakura's feelings for Sasuke in a bad light, it also shows that Hinata's feelings for Naruto are strong. Though I never denied Hinata loves Naruto, showing a positive comparison between her crush with Sakura's, will make it even harder for us to expect that she'll move on and allow Naruto to get with Sakura.

An other way to interpretate the scene is that, with Sakura quickly kicking Zetsus butt soon afterwards, that both of the girl's crushes gives them courage and strength........................ Just a thought.

About the chapter episo.
That was shown for a specific reason. It was a contrast to what was later shown for Hinata. Sakura was weakened and saddened by the "great guy" that was the "someone else" while Hinata was strengthened by the truly great guy. The impact of that whole exchange with the fodder love nin was to show Sakura's conflict and give her development. Not to show that it's still Sasuke that she loves. That's just what was seized as pairing fodder by people like you.

If Naruto had been shown in that panel along with Sasuke it wouldn't have made sense. It would have ruined the contrast Kishi was going for. If it had only been Naruto and Sakura had been happy it wouldn't have made sense. Why? We knew of her conflict prior to that point and it would have been NaruSaku canon out of nowhere in the most anti-climatic way possible.

Sakura still "loving" Sasuke and Hinata still loving Naruto was not the point of those panels. That's a waste of panels. The two things had already been settled and there was no need to bring it up again just to remind us of that. They were brought up to contrast the difference between the two. It's also important that they were brought up EXACTLY when Naruto started to move out.

About NH
Naruto wouldn't picture Hinata as of this moment. Naruto has shown absolutely no indication of romantic feelings for Hinata as of this moment. I sincerely hope you don't think he already loves Hinata?

Naruto may be able to fall in love with Hinata someday. Naruto may pursue a relationship with her someday. But he is not anywhere close to that point yet.

If Naruto does move on from Sakura he will still need time to warm up to Hinata. This will involve actually spending time with her in the future. She is not going to instantly replace Sakura in Naruto's heart, regardless of what you hope happens or what you think has already happened.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users