26 replies to this topic

#21 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,218 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 11:05 PM

Very true I do wonder if there is a point to have the Justice Leauge all the planet needs is just Superman, I think someone once said he could take on everyone and needs no one as he can just solo anyone, its why I ask this as well since I have not had the money to buy the comics.

Superman could I guess, but why do it alone? It's like asking why go out with friends when you are perfectly fine drinking alone? It's just more fun with friends. Plus they provide more than just back up they give alternate views and allow Superman to test himself and his abilities. Maybe even teach him a few things. You can't improve yourself if you are alone.

Plus, the Flash said it himself: "I am the fastest man alive, but even I can't be everywhere at once."

Edited by James S Cassidy, 09 August 2017 - 11:06 PM.

I hate being Bi-Polar. It's awesome.
Posted Image
Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#22 The Doctor forever

The Doctor forever

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 11:18 PM

Superman could I guess, but why do it alone? It's like asking why go out with friends when you are perfectly fine drinking alone? It's just more fun with friends. Plus they provide more than just back up they give alternate views and allow Superman to test himself and his abilities. Maybe even teach him a few things. You can't improve yourself if you are alone.

Plus, the Flash said it himself: "I am the fastest man alive, but even I can't be everywhere at once."

Thanks James that has been bugging me for a while it has on why not just have Superman be the only Hero and he has been trapped at least from the comic I have they are all 80's comics so he is not as powerful as he is in the ones that come out now then again I might be wrong.

Sadly they are all in the loft where I live, what I can say is I do have the very first issue of Superman then one that started it all.

#23 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,218 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 11:37 PM

Thanks James that has been bugging me for a while it has on why not just have Superman be the only Hero and he has been trapped at least from the comic I have they are all 80's comics so he is not as powerful as he is in the ones that come out now then again I might be wrong.

Sadly they are all in the loft where I live, what I can say is I do have the very first issue of Superman then one that started it all.

You're welcome. Like I said, Superman is not about power struggles. It's not DBZ or some Micheal Bay movie. It is meant to be something deeper. As well, Superman is strong enough to handle planetary disasters and threats too, not just minor ones like burglary and possibly suicide jumpers.

Take a look at this one:
https://comicnewbies...ion-on-suicide/

Why doesn't Superman be the only hero? Because he doesn't want to be. It is a lonely existence, but if you can find people who understand you. who go through what you do as much as you do, then you will never be alone. Superman is about hope. Hope for a better future, Hope for people to be better in themselves.

As he said himself: "I am hoping that one day people won't need me to be Superman anymore because they will be strong enough to do it on their own."

He is not just a hero to people, he is a hero to heroes.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 09 August 2017 - 11:38 PM.

Posted Image
Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#24 The Doctor forever

The Doctor forever

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 12:04 AM

You're welcome. Like I said, Superman is not about power struggles. It's not DBZ or some Micheal Bay movie. It is meant to be something deeper. As well, Superman is strong enough to handle planetary disasters and threats too, not just minor ones like burglary and possibly suicide jumpers.

Take a look at this one:
https://comicnewbies...ion-on-suicide/

Why doesn't Superman be the only hero? Because he doesn't want to be. It is a lonely existence, but if you can find people who understand you. who go through what you do as much as you do, then you will never be alone. Superman is about hope. Hope for a better future, Hope for people to be better in themselves.

As he said himself: "I am hoping that one day people won't need me to be Superman anymore because they will be strong enough to do it on their own."

He is not just a hero to people, he is a hero to heroes.

True man, one thing is not matter what he does trys he will never beat evil new ones will always show up to cause some trouble the fight for good is a never ending battle for peace, but I do like me some darkness in stories hence why I watch the walking dead as does Evil100 hell he has more superman comics they are all from the 70's and I think he said 60's as well.

Sadly James, Evil100 has left this site thanks to someone you know all to well that keeps saying how something is so great, I know me and him talked on the DC cinma univers that they are doing, so far he says Wonder women is the only good DC flim that have done.

Edited by The Doctor forever, 10 August 2017 - 12:26 AM.

#25 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 16 August 2017 - 04:14 AM

Good question and actually a little tricky to answer.

I know you probably mean "Grim Reaper" as in Death and the answers is....no, but Superman has fought super villains who have taken on the name Grim Reaper or "Death" or something similar to that moniker. In fact, I don't remember Superman ever meeting any kind of personification of death. I know he had met his father in heaven once during his "death," but this was more like existentialism.

Superman has actually fought the devil Lucifer once and even beat him and even both won and lost against Trigon. A very powerful being that is Raven's father.

This fight, although not canon, was very interesting to see. Mr. Mxyzsptlk vs Trigon. Basically, a 5th dimensional reality warper vs the devil.
image.jpg

The closest thing I can think of him fighting a guy similar to death is in the time of Pre-crisis when he fighting against Spectre and well...that doesn't end well.

personally, even though it was Bronze Age Superman, he should have punched a hole in The Spectre with ease. Any Superman PIS off should be running through the DC UNiverse or any Universe for that matter. Especially Silver Age Superman.

Great thread James, about time someone made it.

GRNPXf.gif

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#26 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,218 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 08:01 PM

personally, even though it was Bronze Age Superman, he should have punched a hole in The Spectre with ease. Any Superman PIS off should be running through the DC UNiverse or any Universe for that matter. Especially Silver Age Superman.

Great thread James, about time someone made it.

Thanks. I figure this will take it out of the debate thread and put it more here.

As for The Spectre, I love Superman and all, but even I have to admit where limits are. Maybe at full power he could be a contender, but there is a slight power distinguish

Edited by James S Cassidy, 18 August 2017 - 08:03 PM.

Posted Image
Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#27 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,864 posts

Posted Today, 03:41 AM

On that Topic I want to ask what characters has Superman lost against in the comics? I just want to know because I want to see how the popular media viewers of Superman overgeneralize on how he's boring because he wins all his fights, particularly those that never read the comics. 

s4ma8z.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users