175 replies to this topic

#1 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 12:59 AM

Heaven and Earth is holding a contest to help spotlight all of our talented members that have been contributing to the Fanart Gallery and the Fanfiction Library while maybe encouraging a few more entries. In fact, it's two separate contests - one for fanfiction and one for fanart. Unlike the gallery and library, the entries do have be about Naruto and Sakura and entries should be somehow related to one of ten keywords (or phrases), to be detailed below. However, they do not need to revolve around the keyword.

Twenty-five keywords have been selected and placed in a poll. Any member can vote on the keyword that they want to see in a fanfic between now and June 28, 2006 and the top ten keywords will be the ones used.

Then members have until July 26, 2006, 5 PM EST to enter fanfics or fanart for the contest. All entries must comply with the rules for Fanfiction and Fanart that have already been set out. Fanfictions can be as short or as long as the writer wishes, but they must be complete. By the same token, fanart can be very simple or elaborate. All entries should be placed in the folder specially set aside for the contest to make it easier for the judges.

And the judges are YOU! Any member with at least 50 posts is invited to PM myself with your vote for both the fanfiction and fanart contests. All votes need to be in by one week from the end of the close of entries - August 2, 2006, 5 PM EST. I'll tally them up and announce the winners.

So what do they win?

Well, there's the fame, the accolades of your peers, and the opportunity to rub it in the faces of all of them. And also...

Following everyones' responses, the mods have decided to pool ALL the prizes together! So even the fanfic winner can choose a Yondaime plushie, or the fanart winner a Kakashi plushie if he/she wishes!

Not bad, eh? wink.gif The 1st place winner of each category will have his/her first choice from the available prizes, then the 2nd place will choose from the remaining prizes, and of course the 3rd place winners will have whatever remains.

NOTE: The 7.5" measurement for the plushies does not include the hair! They look a fair bit taller than that.

If you have any questions concerning the contest, please PM me or add them to this thread.

Edit: And the ten keywords that were chosen are

"If only I could make you mine ..."
Good night
Kiss
He says, she says
Invincible, unrivaled
The sound of waves
"Don't you want to know?"
"You're not wearing THAT!"
Rubber ducky
Destiny

#2 jigglychu

jigglychu

is a MAN

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 01:03 AM

Hopefully this will result in some excellent works...
Jigs

#3 Pite

Pite

I'm a cat with glasses and a piece of chalk in my hand!

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Too long to write about.

Posted 22 June 2006 - 08:02 AM

I'll only vote coz i can't write interesting stories.
The meaning of life is to find your own meaning of life.

#4 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 08:55 AM

headscratch.gif Not sure I can handle this one. My fanfics tend to balloon out of control, so trying to write a contest-worthy one in that small an amount of time will be something of a stretch for me. I suppose it might depend on the keyword. Since it's for a contest (with an actual prize), I'd have to account for editing time too -- unlike with Training -- which usually takes me longer then writing the thing itself. (Just ask me about my (still unfinished) original fantasy novel, which I spent two months writing, and am now going into my third year of making revisions)

Ah, well. I'll try to enter the contest, anyway. (The fanfic one, of course. Somehow, I doubt any characters I could draw would resemble Naruto and\or Sakura enough for anyone to recognize them sweatdrop.gif )

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

#5 Toa

Toa

Shota shota night fever~

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Interests:Computer, anime, music, drawing, arts, literature...a lot XD Neil~

Posted 22 June 2006 - 11:06 AM

Weee!!! I'll try to join the fanfic contest...is there going to be runner-ups or something?

I do hope I could finish the fanfic I'm making soon so I can enter the contest! w00t.gif

#6 Stillnotwalking

Stillnotwalking

Genin

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:Stuff....yeah....definilty stuff.....and anime.....and manga.....and things that go beep

Posted 22 June 2006 - 09:40 PM

Maybe...could be fun...though i don't know what i'm going to do...and at the moment I should probably work on actually typing the three chapters of Revelations that I have written...heh sorry guys I've been lazy. But i do have them written :thumbs:

#7 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 09:45 PM

Keep in mind, people, that these fanfics will have to be based on one of those twenty five 'keywords' (many of which aren't exactly words, but rather are phrases. Heh) It's pretty hard to start writing until you know what that keyword is going to be, unless you want to write twenty five fanfics between now and July 19th (one per keyword).

I can tell you right now there are some keywords on that list I wouldn't know how to begin to use in a NaruSaku fanfic. I strongly suggest that we not decide for certain whether or not we'll participate until we know what the keyword is going to be.

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

#8 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 10:13 PM

Technically, you'd "only" have to write 16 fanfics or fanarts to make sure that whatever you wrote would apply since only 15 of the keywords is being voted off. The top ten vote getters are all staying as options.

More importantly, the entries do not need to revolve around the keywords, despite the use of that name. Just fit them into the story or art. We don't want to hobble our artists' creativity.

But yeah, you probably don't want to start writing ... or at least get too attached to a particular keyword ... until the 28th.

#9 Hinano

Hinano

NaruSaku Lurker

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 10:28 PM

im a lazy ho if a previous artwork fits into a keyword can I use it? XD;;; I dunno if I have time to do another one cause I gotta draw some prints for Otakon

#10 enigmaofbishieness

enigmaofbishieness

Pink-hair-con

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 10:40 PM

Requesting some clarification: Do the stories need to have NaruSaku as main characters, or as a main focus, or can we get away with them having a supporting role? Or perhaps something like a Watson point of view from another character on their relationship?

#11 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 11:22 PM

Previous fanarts or fanfics that you've created are fine as entries, regardless of whether or not you've previously submitted them to our gallery or library.

The NaruSaku stuff doesn't need to be the primary focus, but it should be a bit more than just a passing mention. It should be enough that you'd feel comfortable labelling it as a NaruSaku fic or artwork and placing it in those categories in the gallery and library.

#12 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 22 June 2006 - 11:39 PM

QUOTE (Nick Soapdish @ Jun 22 2006, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Previous fanarts or fanfics that you've created are fine as entries, regardless of whether or not you've previously submitted them to our gallery or library.

And as mentioned before, the Fanfics have to be full, complete stories.

#13 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 12:23 AM

*reads topic* :blink:

*eyes glaze over and drool forms* OOoooOOO!! YAYAYYA!! CONTEST!! a_spaz.gif I'm gonna try entering a fanart entry!! a_dance.gif

#14 cherry_bubblegum

cherry_bubblegum

LeeTen! W00t!

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Interests:Anime, FFXII, anything Japanese(minus the food), drawing

Posted 23 June 2006 - 12:57 AM

...so,the fanart ones have to revolve around the keywords as well?Or just the fanfiction? huh.gif

#15 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 23 June 2006 - 01:04 AM

QUOTE (cherry_bubblegum @ Jun 22 2006, 08:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...so,the fanart ones have to revolve around the keywords as well?Or just the fanfiction? huh.gif

They are for both the Fanfiction and the Fanart happy.gif

#16 Makie

Makie

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 01:06 AM

I think I'll vote...I can draw, but I don't have a scanner to send the image over, and unfortunately I'm bad at writing NaruSaku pairing fics sleep.gif'.

#17 Aaron Nowack

Aaron Nowack

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 01:07 AM

Hmm. I think I might be able to get a fanfic together for this. smile.gif

#18 Stillnotwalking

Stillnotwalking

Genin

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:Stuff....yeah....definilty stuff.....and anime.....and manga.....and things that go beep

Posted 23 June 2006 - 06:14 AM

Is Sakura Blossoms one of the moderators? If so, can she still write a fic...cause i want her too. Otherwise your gonna make me sad :shamefulcry0js:

#19 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 12:28 PM

QUOTE (Stillnotwalking @ Jun 23 2006, 02:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is Sakura Blossoms one of the moderators? If so, can she still write a fic...cause i want her too. Otherwise your gonna make me sad :shamefulcry0js:

Lol laugh.gif

I'm still trying to decide whether or not I should give up my spot as a judge so that I can enter the contest, Still-kun. We'll see though th_glomp.gif

#20 Shouri no Hana

Shouri no Hana

Call to Arms. Flames of WAR blaze once again

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 02:01 PM

contest eh? I dunno my position of a writer (still working on chapter three of broken). and you do not want to see my artwork...it takes me forever to get it done....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users