• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,464 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 04:08 AM

It's that time of year again? Anyone doing National Novel Writing Month? 2,000 words in 30 days. 

I've got an original fic that I always work on, but I'm going to try to get Voice in the Wind knocked out too. Hopefully....

Anyone else working on fics/projects or tackling nanowrimo?

#2 AllTheTimeINeed

AllTheTimeINeed

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 08:31 AM

I'm joining Nanowrimo 2018! I'm hoping to churn out words for my Narusaku fic: Otherness. I missed the first two days because of holiday celebrations, so I have to write 5000 words to catch up to the daily work count. Which... you know...is pretty ambitious for someone who is still trying to find a happy balance between work and writing. 

But I'm currently trying to word sprint at the moment ^_^. I'm currently working on rewriting chapter 2 in the moment. I've also thought about getting a beta reader for my project, but I'm not so sure where to look or who to ask. 

#3 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Mother&Son

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,915 posts
  • Interests:Manga, video games, novel, 3D comics, flying drones and rc driving.

Posted 03 November 2018 - 11:42 AM

This is my second time entering the challenge in seven years. I'm writing an an Auto-fiction by the title of NaruSaku ESP Club.

I will most likely not make it (maybe 35K at the end of the month). At least I put in the effort  :happy:

Guardians of Midgard Volume 3 will start on Thanksgiving day at R&R Legends.

Latest story statistics as of 5/16/2018 here.

#4 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,365 posts

Posted 04 November 2018 - 08:03 PM

Had no idea about this, and wow it sounds interesting.. 

out of curiosity does the writing have to be new? or can it be something we've been writing for a while now?

150bab87d56d1db6795486747312.jpg

WOULDN'T WANT IT ANY OTHER WAY!!

#5 Wubbzy

Wubbzy

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:Music, reading, writing, and dancing

Posted 05 November 2018 - 05:47 AM

Gah, I really wanted to do this but Im already off to a bad start! Ive been so busy but Ill try to start with some fanfics haha! Ive been super busy so well see xD

NaruSaku <3

~

Fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/~wubbzy

~

#6 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,464 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 03:31 AM

Writing next chapter "Voice in the Wind" and watching Naruto on adult swim.... Geez it makes me want to jump out a window! Just turned it on for some background noise, and it's crazy how bad it is! It's a shippuden episode where he defeats a pirate. I don't even remember it. 

edit: Now Boruto's on. ugh.

#7 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,813 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 07:17 PM

Writing next chapter "Voice in the Wind" and watching Naruto on adult swim.... Geez it makes me want to jump out a window! Just turned it on for some background noise, and it's crazy how bad it is! It's a shippuden episode where he defeats a pirate. I don't even remember it. 

I imagine it was on of their many filler episodes...they were at the land of iron last I checked so those are the filler arc of Naruto going to turtle island they did. Funny enough these are the group of filler that had the one where Naruto states his feeling for Sakura to that one girl. So there could be a week where Naruto expresses his love of Sakura to another girl that claims to be his fiance to explain why he can't marry her. Then followed up by an episode of Boruto where Naruto is married to Hinata, and their son Bolt goes on and on how miserable and pathetic Naruto is that he is a loser in a job he is not capable of handling his job or family life to the point of being completely overwhelmed, and he is overall a miserable depressed failure of a man in all aspects of life. 

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 11 November 2018 - 07:30 PM.

#8 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Mother&Son

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,915 posts
  • Interests:Manga, video games, novel, 3D comics, flying drones and rc driving.

Posted 11 November 2018 - 11:21 PM

Wow . . . you are still writing that fic. I left at the part where Naruto and Sakura had a fallout and went their separate ways.

I'm still amazed that you people could still continue the Boruto anime.

Edited by Konoha'sCrimsonFox, 11 November 2018 - 11:21 PM.

Guardians of Midgard Volume 3 will start on Thanksgiving day at R&R Legends.

Latest story statistics as of 5/16/2018 here.

#9 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,464 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 04:06 PM

Wow . . . you are still writing that fic. I left at the part where Naruto and Sakura had a fallout and went their separate ways.

I'm still amazed that you people could still continue the Boruto anime.

I'm a writer, among other things. So I write.

If you're a doctor, you doctor. If you're a ninja, you ninja. Come back in 10 years, I'll still be writing. I've got two other stories in two other genres going at the same time. And I think that's the norm for most writers I've encountered. From the beginning/fanfic ones to the serious/career ones. Not all stories get finished, but you keep on writing them.

Thankfully, writing is not my profession. So I can write as long or as schmaltzy or as violent or as terrible as I want and not worry about trying to make money off it. Just a good enough story that people, including myself, will want to read. And I love that people still read it and are still really into Naruto. I'm committed to finishing, but having readers out there asking me to is a BIG push as well. (Before anything else, I'm a reader, so I know how much it sucks to have an unfinished story.) 

Another crazy thing...although it's certainly not as big as it once was, the Naruto fandom is still going strong. And not just for the ships that didn't get fulfilled. I wonder if it's because Boruto is still going on? It means Naruto is still a relevant/ongoing character, just not the way he used to be in the manga. Same for the other characters.

Confession: So I watched Boruto, and....it wasn't bad. The characters were likable, and it was pretty well animated. The episode I watched was way better than some of the Naruto filler ones. Surprising.

Lastly, eventually Voice in the Wind will become its own original fic. So I see this as one big rough draft that's just open to the public. So yeah, still writing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users