#1 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Boku no Hero Academia is better than Naruto

Posted 16 February 2015 - 02:44 AM

I can't believe I haven't found a thread for this yet (or maybe I'm just blind). 

Who's your top 5 favorite anime/manga characters? I have so many it's going to be quite a while before I officially choose!

Squad Roll call :

tumblr_ngv9unJacL1qhmbkio1_r1_500.png

#2 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Art, music, anime & manga, animals, dog training & behavior

"If I stumble, take a tumble
    Go ahead serve me another
    And if I fall I’ll give it my all
    ‘Cause the fall is half the fight "

Posted 16 February 2015 - 03:15 AM

Well, right off the bat I can name four that I totally fangirl over. I'll have to think on the fifth one.

In no particular order:
1. Edward Elric
Who can't love this guy? From his short rants to his ability to keep moving forward through thick and thin, how utterly human Arakwa managed to make him, you have to love the guy.
2. Crona Gorgon
I honestly grieved heavily for days over Crona's fate in the manga. I think Crona must have brought out my maternal instinct or something, because after I found out his (or her?) story I was just like "oh, you poor thing!" and he became my favorite character in that series.
3. Minato Namikaze
Minato is just epic and he's so freaking cute sahdbfjh. But I think the reason I liked him the most was for what a dedicated parent he was. Nothing will make me love a character more than family feels.
4. Rin Okumura
Rin is freaking cute, toooooooooo. He's a pretty typical shonen protagonist admittedly, but it's just...he's just so lovable. How he's the son of Satan and feared because of that, but he's so good natured (unless you piss him off of course), and...like, he could tear you up in a fight, has unnatural strength (he can lift a freaking car), but he cries over shojo manga, haha.
5. Yosuke Hanamura
I'll go with this as the fifth choice for now, unless I think of a character I like more than him. I liked him from the time I first played him in the game. (Oh, technically he could count as an anime character because Persona 4: the Animation.)

But there are plenty of characters I like.

Edited by questdrivencollie, 16 February 2015 - 03:43 AM.

tumblr_inline_nt19in1cWl1sat1vz_540_zpsd
"Don't ever turn me loose
Even when I turn my back"
~Relient K

#3 Sedna

Sedna

Nostalgic

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts
  • Interests:Birds.

Posted 16 February 2015 - 03:16 AM

5- Sango (Inuyasha)- She is such an amazing character. She isn't your cliché weak female anime character. She's badass and doesn't take crap from anyone.

4- Lucy Heartfilia (Fairy Tail)-What I like about Lucy is her development. No she isn't as strong as everyone else, but she's way different then she was in the beginning. Plus I love her personality, she smiles even through the darkest times.

3-Ikaros (Soro No Otoshimono)I like how strongly Ikaros cares for people. She was "programmed" to have no emotions but she always feels strongly for her friends. Despite the anime being a total ecchi, the character development is solid, especially for Ikaros

2- Hana Morenos (Michiko to Hatchin)- From episode 1 it was clear she was turning out to be a total badass. Despite being only a kid, Hana is smart, strong, and kind. She was able to make alot of friendships throughout the series because of her kind personality.

1- Michiko Malandro (Michiko to Hatchin)- What negative thing can I say about Michiko-Chan? Nothing at all. Like everyone on this list, she is not a weak character. I like how she isn't displayed as untouchable. Despite being powerful, she knows when she'll lose and when she'll win. Putting aside her strength, she is truly an inspiring character who I adore.

Honorable mentions- Sakura Haruno (before chapter 700), Kagome Higurashi, Gray Fullbuster, Jiraiya, Inuyasha & Sesshomaru (Tie), and Inari

EDIT- Everyone was putting down reasons, I felt out of place :P

Edited by Sedna, 16 February 2015 - 05:13 AM.

#4 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Boku no Hero Academia is better than Naruto

Posted 16 February 2015 - 04:29 AM

Okay made my list! 

1. Ren Kougyoku- Of course she would be my number one for sure. I love her because for a teenage girl, her portrayal in Magi is quite realistic. She's been lonely all of her life (and still is), but she likes everyday things like makeup and talking to people her age. She also gets over her first love quite reasonably. The best thing about her character is that she has two! One moment she's the sweetest thing, and in another she's ready to rip out your insides.  

2. Killua Zoldyck- He's my favorite white haired boy ever. He's so sweet but bad*ss at the same time. Also he plays the role as the "lancer", but he never gets consumed by his angst or anger like other shounen characters that fit his role. Plus, his devotion to Gon is heartwarming. 

3. Fairy King- He's the best character in Nanatsu No Taizai. I don't know, maybe I have a soft spot for sweet yet sour characters. King was willing to give up his title as "king" for the sake of his friends, and he raised Diane when she was all alone. He's the sweetest character in NoT, yet at the same time one of the most powerful. Piss him off one time and he'll hold a grudge forever.  

4. Alibaba Saluja- He's so adorable. He's such a loser but he has such a good heart. He's gonna make a great king one day. Also he's been through a lot when it comes to Cassim. 

5. Kaneki Ken- If you've read Tokyo Ghoul, then you really don't need any explanations. He's the greatest protagonist ever. Nothing can ever compare to his character development. Even after all he's gone through, he still remains good at heart.  

6. Levi Ackerman- Had to add a six. He's too good of a character to leave out. He comes off as an antisocial stoic *sshole but he has one of the biggest hearts in the entire story. Also he's certified Mr. Fanservice now.  

Honorable mentions: Eren Jaeger, Sharkkan, Karin Uzumaki, Orihime Inoue, Tsukiyama, Tyki Mikk, Sasha Blouse, Kouha, Sheba, Hisoka, Allen Walker, Ken (SNK) and Yumin, Hatori Matsuzaki

Squad Roll call :

tumblr_ngv9unJacL1qhmbkio1_r1_500.png

#5 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Mother of dragons

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 05:17 AM

I will mention the characters that I most like and that I remember in this precise moment, because it could be that I'm forgeting someone:

Hisoka (Hunter x Hunter): Amorality, fun, power. What else can I ask for? Perfection. Just take me now.

Lelouch Lamperouge or Lelouch Vi Britania (Code Geass): Lelouch is probably the best male protagonist I know. From my standars, he is the best. I love seeing anti-heroes, but I love them more when they just don't go away with the "evil" they did. He doesn't stop thinking on the ones who inspiring him to do what he did. He's intelligent and know what he wants. He won't go back on his word and he won't forgive. Watch yourself.

Asuka Langley (Neon Genesis Evangelion): I have a lot to say about her but I will resume it in that she's the hero from my childhood. Thank you Asuka, keep being that honest and fierce.

Togame (Katanagatari): She's intelligent and cold-minded. A good strategist. Her last speech in the last episode (There is no manga, but I believe there is light novels) is the definition of what she is and makes her a more complicated character. 

Joseph Joestar (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure): Uh. Jojo is a manga/anime full of non sense but it's very good in its own sense and if you can really catch the humour. Joseph Joestar is my favorite Jojo and probably the only one who survived until very old. He's funny and very intelligent. But what I like more about him is his creativity. He could be very dramatic yet he's mature when the time requires it. I spended a lot of time fangirling about him, tbh. Haha.

Edited by theunburnt, 16 February 2015 - 08:23 PM.

dumbo-pink-elephants-on-parade1.gif?w=50

queen-harley.tumblr.com

#6 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 16 February 2015 - 05:49 AM

Guess I'll try this.

1. Monkey D. Luffy : Luffy is someone who I look up to, he's just a very carefree guy who wont let anyone hurt his Nakama physically or mentally he takes life day by day, thinking of what to do next was never his favorite he's a go witht the flow kind of person, adding to the fact that he's insanely strong for a rubber man is crazy xD

2. Dandy : A man who only cares about boobies and sometimes Alien Hunting, Dandy's views on the world and all his quotes have somewhat influenced me in some way. "You listen, life comes at you fast, just like a raging current. I don't fight it. Going against the flow means you're swimming in place. One day you're to tired to paddle and suddenly you drown. The whole thing was pointless and now you're dead. The End. Now going with the flow is where it's at. And that's the Dandy way to live." Stay Dandy!

3. Ichigo Kurosaki : His whole view on things, he accepts he's not perfect and that he needs others to help him, he knows he can't protect everyone in the world, he states that he will be fine as long as he protects his family and friends. He's not afraid to cry nor sacrifice himself for a girl he just met. For a guy who can see dead people he does a lot to help them out as well.

4. Ryoushi Morino : His character yelled out a lot to me and reminded me of myself sometimes, kinda always the background guy, awkward around various people he didnt really know, but comfortable around people he did know, he always tried to impress Ryouko even though he wasnt strong like her but in his own way.

I could not for the life of me think of a fifth one xD 

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#7 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 06:50 AM

5. Wolfgang Grimmer (Monster) - I don't know what I can honestly say about Grimmer. He's emotionally disturbed and traumatized, yet he's one of the most heart-warming people you can ever hope to encounter. Just thinking about him gets me a little emotional.

4. Xerxes Break (Pandora Hearts) - Break is something else. Super badass and experienced, but he also has a vulnerability to him that shines through here and there and really hits hard.

3. The Count of Monte Cristo (Gankutsuou) - Though he doesn't originate from an anime/manga, his portrayal in Gankutsuou results in being one of my favorite characters of all time. Intelligent, manipulative, charming, and vicious, not to mention having amazing voice actors portraying him in both sub and dub who add so much to his character.

2. MAD SCIENTIST HOUOUIN KYOUMA Okabe Rintarou (Steins;Gate) - Okabe is amazing. That is all. El psy kongroo.

1. Kotomine Kirei (Fate/Zero) - I know Kirei is also present in Fate/Stay Night, but the only version of him I'm fully familiar with right now is his incarnation in Fate/Zero, and that alone was enough to get him up this high. I have never encountered a villain who fascinates me more than Kirei. He doesn't discover his villainy until very late in the story, and a huge part of what makes him leave such an impression is experiencing how he comes to embrace his true nature. And how cunning and malicious he becomes once he does.

Edited by CloudMountainJuror, 16 February 2015 - 06:57 AM.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#8 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 17 February 2015 - 06:58 PM

This is really hard, because lists this this are always subject to change, I find, as I read and watch more anime/manga. And narrowing it down to just five is especially hard. But as for some current favorites:

5. Yona (Akatsuki no Yona) -- I see Yona as the kind of character Sakura could have been under a different author, in terms of heroine evolution. Much like Sakura, Yona starts out shallow, weak, and love-struck. But after her love interest, Soo-won, betrays her, Yona goes though a dramatic character transformation and gradually becomes a strong, determined woman and intensely passionate about protecting her country and her people. I love the way the author has handled this character, helps me forget about those misogynic excuses for writers like Kishimoto who treat their female characters like objects instead of people.

4. Xerxes Break (Pandora Hearts) -- See CloudMountainJuror's above post.

3. Kotomine Kirei (Fate/Zero) -- Also see CloudMountainJuror's post. There's nothing more I can really add.

2. Maka Albarn (Soul Eater) -- No heroine has yet to unseat Maka as my favorite, though a few manage to come close. I just find her very easy to relate to. She's not super strong, but she's brave and hardworking and pretty badass, but she's also very vulnerable and has her low moments and that, to me, makes her a very human character and a very solid heroine, especially in a genre usually ruled by male leads.

1. Chrno (Chrno Crusade; manga, not anime) -- This character stole my heart, no joke. The thing I love about him is that there is so much more to him than first meets the eye. He has a subtle depth, revealing a much more complicated character as you peel back the layers of his light-hearted and normally -- literally -- childlike exterior. Chrno is kind and loyal and a gentle soul, but underneath that is a much darker nature he often struggles with, especially the repercussions it ends up having on the people he cares about, in particularly to his love interests. The poor guy has such a tragic love life.

Honorable mentions: Rosette Christopher -- Chrno Crusade, Igarashi Ganta -- Deadman Wonderland, Oz Vessalius -- Pandora Hearts, Edward Elric -- Fullmetal Alchemist, Lelouch Lamperouge -- Code Geass, and I'm sure there's a lot more I'm forgetting.

#9 Jinja14

Jinja14

No Crying Until the End

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku(Duh),Drawing, Video Games, Sakura, Naruto, Kakashi, Lee, Earthbound.

Posted 18 February 2015 - 05:17 AM

Sakura Haruno(Naruto)- Even though she was ruined at the last few chapters, I still love her. She was the type of person I wanted to be. She was originally a pretty shy person, like me , but turned into a strong, independent woman.That was always something I wanted to be. Someone who can stand up for herself and work hard for what she believes in and and what she wants. I was always like Hinata. I think that was why I never liked her. She was a shy mess but never tried to fix that. I was always angry at myself too, when I realized I was still a shy person that can't come near anyone. Sakura kinda taught me to be strong and to work hard for what you wanted. Usually, Naruto teaches that to people, but Sakura was the one that showed that to me. #superlongspeechthatscornyaf

Orihime Inoue(Bleach)-I don't know why, but her bubbly personality and ability to be super nice was something that made me like her so much. Even so, she was always someone that could still stand up for herself and her beliefs.

Nami(One Piece)-She was very strong willed and took anything she wanted. She was also pretty greedy, and even though that's a reason someone shouldn't like her, it showed that not all heroes had to be pure hearted and I liked that.

Namine(Kingdom Hearts)-Does this count? There was a Kingdom Hearts manga once sooo....

Well, I love how Namine is a quiet girl with a backbone. She can stand up for herself even though she's the type of girl that would sit at the back of class and never raise her hand. She proves to people that quiet girls don't always have to be scared and wimpy. She was also pretty similar to me, Quiet, likes to draw, would do something to help herself before others at times. 

Maka Albarn(Soul Eater)-She was soo cool! I love her soo much! Like really, she's really cool, but not the strongest. I love when a character can pull off being kinda weak a times but super Bad A. She stands up for what she believes and what she wants. She wont let someone step over her, no matter what size they are.

Edited by Jinja14, 18 February 2015 - 05:21 AM.

Rest in peace Satoru Iwata

tumblr_n9e34d39XJ1r1shyro1_250.gif   

Take a melody, simple as can be. Give it some words and, sweet harmony.

#10 somilmish

somilmish

Ghost

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Interests:Tanki Online, Physics, Pottermore, Snape FF, Naruto, Fanfiction, Call of Duty, Total War series, AC, SC, etc .

Posted 18 February 2015 - 01:07 PM

I'm on a mob, so I will not elaborate, but here they are:

1. Naruto - The way this character was written, his backstory, the choices he makes, his ideology.
2. Kushina-A woman who swept me off my feet in one f*****g episode. Great gal.
3. Jiraiya-Apzrt from the mistakes he made as a godfather, I really liked him as a person.
4.Komamura
5.Aizen-Twisted but powerful ideas
6.Urahara
8.Kakashi
9.Tsunade Senju- A woman who has a heart of gold, had to suffer too much and stands up to protect what she acnowledges as precious to her. Selfish?Yes. Human? Oh yes. I mean how much more badass can you get than taking a sword straight in your chest, pummeling orochimaru like a ragdoll, and stabbing a huge snake with a huge sword?
10. Itachi.
6r1oag.jpg

#11 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Art, music, anime & manga, animals, dog training & behavior

"If I stumble, take a tumble
    Go ahead serve me another
    And if I fall I’ll give it my all
    ‘Cause the fall is half the fight "

Posted 24 February 2015 - 06:27 AM

Well, right off the bat I can name four that I totally fangirl over. I'll have to think on the fifth one.

In no particular order:1. Edward Elric
Who can't love this guy? From his short rants to his ability to keep moving forward through thick and thin, how utterly human Arakwa managed to make him, you have to love the guy.2. Crona Gorgon
I honestly grieved heavily for days over Crona's fate in the manga. I think Crona must have brought out my maternal instinct or something, because after I found out his (or her?) story I was just like "oh, you poor thing!" and he became my favorite character in that series.3. Minato Namikaze
Minato is just epic and he's so freaking cute sahdbfjh. But I think the reason I liked him the most was for what a dedicated parent he was. Nothing will make me love a character more than family feels.4. Rin Okumura
Rin is freaking cute, toooooooooo. He's a pretty typical shonen protagonist admittedly, but it's just...he's just so lovable. How he's the son of Satan and feared because of that, but he's so good natured (unless you piss him off of course), and...like, he could tear you up in a fight, has unnatural strength (he can lift a freaking car), but he cries over shojo manga, haha.5. Yosuke Hanamura
I'll go with this as the fifth choice for now, unless I think of a character I like more than him. I liked him from the time I first played him in the game. (Oh, technically he could count as an anime character because Persona 4: the Animation.)

But there are plenty of characters I like.

Think I'm going to replace no. 5. I'm very much a Yosuke fan, but let's put...
Seras Victoria in his place.
Seras Victoria--my favorite character in Hellsing, found her pretty relatable. I'm finding it hard to put the "why" into words, I just liked her pretty much instantly and that stuck as I got farther into the story.

So Yosuke is bumped down to honorable mentions, along with...
Kushina Uzumaki, Sakura Haruno, Naruto Uzumaki, Maka Albarn, Soul Evans, Nagisa Furukawa
Yeah, the list isn't really in order.

Edited by questdrivencollie, 24 February 2015 - 06:35 AM.

tumblr_inline_nt19in1cWl1sat1vz_540_zpsd
"Don't ever turn me loose
Even when I turn my back"
~Relient K

#12 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 06 April 2016 - 02:18 PM

kinomoto sakura - i love everybody in that anime <3 sakura is such a sweet girl, that everyone around her like rival syaoran and later love rival meiling grows to love her.. me included.

haruno sakura - i've grown too attached to her, the good and the bad are both endearing in my eyes

yato kagura - a loli with a heart of an old uncle.. too cute. plus she's super badass.

nakiri alice - funny hyperactive girl with a good head on her shoulders, and badass to boot.

nakiri erina - tsuntsun queen, and nakiri genes so stronk that i can't handle

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: favorite characters, characters

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users