Close
Photo

Proof of kishi's regrets like RTN and his recent advice to new upcoming mangakas

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 03:56 AM

When i watch road to ninja i noticed some similar plot elements of the pain arc like menma destroying the entire village with his resengan which is similar to pain destroying konoha. Interestingly enough he had sakura act a bit more herione like then she was in the manga not only that but she fought menma while encouraging naruto to wake up after his defeat. Which reminds me of hinata confessions just without the selfish confession.

Not to mention in the road to ninja interview he mentions something fishy about the reason why he made the movie was because he wanted to add something that he could not put in the manga such as naruto's parents and "something more". 

This is kishi's recent comment after his manga ended.

"Lately this is what I think if you write manga, there will be annoying voices around,harsh judgments, and opposing opinionsbut you should not lose or else that's all it'll ever be. You must believe in urself and firstfinish the manga. Go about it like you're proving urself.That is the type of power that is needed in manga. Do your best."

He sounds very regretful and i don't think he's blaming the fans for reading his work wrong like so many claim.

Forgot to mention the video interview 

He out rightly states he regrets not making sakura likable. 

Edited by rikakim94, 18 March 2015 - 03:58 AM.

#2 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 04:37 AM

I agree that he is regretting it.

But I don't feel sorry for him. His story heavily relied on his editors in the first place. He says he regrets it but if he did NOT listen to the editors, his story would've been boring from part one. Damned he did, damned he didn't. And he's actually lucky. He can blame the misfortune of this ending on the editors even though a similar/worse outcome would've happened on his own.

When a loser like this writer says, "you must believe in yourself" it sounds empty. Encouraging quotes are only meaningful when coming from a competent person.

Edited by ramenanmitsu, 18 March 2015 - 04:39 AM.

268702-181926-kaworu-nagisa.jpg

#3 Popuri

Popuri

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,393 posts
  • Interests:Sequel of Final Mission Status!

Posted 18 March 2015 - 04:41 AM

I agree that he is regretting it.

But I don't feel sorry for him. His story heavily relied on his editors in the first place. He says he regrets it but if he did NOT listen to the editors, his story would've been boring from part one. Damned he did, damned he didn't. And he's actually lucky. He can blame the misfortune of this ending on the editors even though a similar/worse outcome would've happened on his own.

Regret what?

I'm sorry to ask. Does it has connection with kobayashi interview? I still haven't read it on purpose. I'm still fragile after my sakura-chan becomes like what we know.

Even a rock has something it can be used for. There's a way for them to shine that even a jewel can't compare to - Sakamochi Tatsuma :lulz:

#4 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 05:10 AM

Regret what?

I'm sorry to ask. Does it has connection with kobayashi interview? I still haven't read it on purpose. I'm still fragile after my sakura-chan becomes like what we know.

Regret the ending.

In different interviews, Kishi has confirmed several times that a lot of the major plot points was the editor's ideas. Without the editors the NARUTO manga would have been about a boy striving to become a ramen master. The NARUTO we know would've never existed. It goes to show that Kishi lacks the ability to write a good interesting manga.

That's why I find it ironic that he says he "regrets" not following his story. "His" story would've sucked either way.
268702-181926-kaworu-nagisa.jpg

#5 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 07:06 AM

When i watch road to ninja i noticed some similar plot elements of the pain arc like menma destroying the entire village with his resengan which is similar to pain destroying konoha. Interestingly enough he had sakura act a bit more herione like then she was in the manga not only that but she fought menma while encouraging naruto to wake up after his defeat. Which reminds me of hinata confessions just without the selfish confession.

Not to mention in the road to ninja interview he mentions something fishy about the reason why he made the movie was because he wanted to add something that he could not put in the manga such as naruto's parents and "something more". 

"Lately this is what I think if you write manga, there will be annoying voices around,harsh judgments, and opposing opinionsbut you should not lose or else that's all it'll ever be. You must believe in urself and firstfinish the manga. Go about it like you're proving urself.That is the type of power that is needed in manga. Do your best."

He sounds very regretful and i don't think he's blaming the fans for reading his work wrong like so many claim.

heh so the sexist foolish old bastard wants the fans to forgive him how cute

tumblr_inline_o0t4b3AHI71txjvtf_500.gif

#6 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 18 March 2015 - 11:43 AM

Regret the ending.

In different interviews, Kishi has confirmed several times that a lot of the major plot points was the editor's ideas. Without the editors the NARUTO manga would have been about a boy striving to become a ramen master. The NARUTO we know would've never existed. It goes to show that Kishi lacks the ability to write a good interesting manga.

That's why I find it ironic that he says he "regrets" not following his story. "His" story would've sucked either way.

Basically, Kishi would not be the most popular mangka if not for Yahagi. Yahagi was the best thing that happened to this manga.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#7 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 12:56 PM

Basically, Kishi would not be the most popular mangka if not for Yahagi. Yahagi was the best thing that happened to this manga.

Just curious, where is Yahagi now? Is he still an editor or is he less hands on now, and that's why no one mentions him as working on other mangas?

#8 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 05:11 PM

Just curious, where is Yahagi now? Is he still an editor or is he less hands on now, and that's why no one mentions him as working on other mangas?

I don't think he's doing anything else at the moment but he did something for the gintama anime i the past.

http://www.animenews...le.php?id=66541

Edited by rikakim94, 18 March 2015 - 05:11 PM.

#9 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 06:02 PM

So wait, his editors were responsible for the success of Part 1?  Then I guess this means Kishi never had any talent as a writer.

#10 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 06:08 PM

So wait, his editors were responsible for the success of Part 1?  Then I guess this means Kishi never had any talent as a writer.

yeah it was his editors that mostly made naruto popular.

if you haven't seen his recent video interview heres the link that translated everything from that video.

http://www.narusaku....showtopic=15025

Edited by rikakim94, 18 March 2015 - 06:58 PM.

#11 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 18 March 2015 - 08:37 PM

I remember in the interview that he left because of a promotion to be come the head of SJ editorials or something like that.

I think he only has talent for one shot manga. If he needs to do multiple volumes, its better he tag team with a writer.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#12 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,421 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 18 March 2015 - 10:32 PM

He should work together with his brother I always wondered how things would turn out if Kishi worked with his younger brother Seishi.

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#13 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 10:43 PM

He should work together with his brother I always wondered how things would turn out if Kishi worked with his younger brother Seishi.

This is just my theory, I think all his talk about brotherly feud is his apology to his bro.
And yes, if they work together I believe they could produce something good.
Since both of them has the same style and seishi could check masashi.

since kishi disappoint me as a mangaka, I don't care.

#14 Suigetsu

Suigetsu

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 04:51 PM

I don't think he's doing anything else at the moment but he did something for the gintama anime i the past.

http://www.animenews...le.php?id=66541

As far as I am concerned or last thing I heard.
 He stopped being Kishis editor because they promoted him to editor in chief of SJ.

#15 goldenarms

goldenarms

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 10:04 PM

When a loser like this writer says, "you must believe in yourself" it sounds empty. Encouraging quotes are only meaningful when coming from a competent person.

If we were dependent on only competent people to say encouraging things, there would be very few encouraging things said.

#16 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 10:26 PM

If we were dependent on only competent people to say encouraging things, there would be very few encouraging things said.

There are many competent people out there.

#17 Radra

Radra

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 10:45 PM

This doesn't prove he is regretting what he did.

In fact, that comment he made after the manga ended makes it seem more like he is proud of what he did.

He is basically saying that when you write manga, you will get a lot of criticism as you cannot please everybody. It is up to you to have faith in what you are writing and do your best.

#18 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,422 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 05 May 2015 - 10:06 AM

Kishimoto is a bum, and hope Godzilla nukes his studio.

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#19 Kurama

Kurama

Unforgettable

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Heaven & Earth.

Posted 08 May 2015 - 02:19 PM

Sakura is already very likable, but you know, there will be haters and haters gonna hate.

#20 Otaru

Otaru

絶対 負けない

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,489 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 08:52 PM

I agree with you. But IMO he succeeded in making Sakura likeable. Even in the beginning when she was apparently selfish. Because it's clear that there is something a lot more deep about her, and it's visible soon in the story. The way she behave, the way she react about Naruto, it's proof of her tender and fierce soul. It was the public and some people around Kishi that was so in love with Hinata that broke everything about Sakura by wanting Hinata to stand over Sakura.

After reading that interview with Kobayashi, I'm utterly convinced that Kishi was stuck, strongly stuck, and that the manga world is very harsh.

I would have totally read that original manga he wanted to create. I love manga about food. It's clear that Kishi wanted it to be something profound. We can't say it would have be something boring, because we don't really know how it would have been. But from Naruto, even if Kishi didn't decide of everything, we still can get the vibe of Kishi's soul. And to me it's a good vibe.

I like the story as it is (except the end and some details), and I'm glad that the first editor contributed to make it the way it is.

But still, I really would like to know what is Kishi really thinking. Because he's only speaking with parables. He's not saying it directly. I can feel that he's uncomfortable. Same with the seiyuus. They are all uncomfortable.

As I already said before, I really feel sorry for Kishi, because now I'm certain that he was stuck. I understand now deeply what happened. It's not the fault of one person only. It's not all on Kishi. Kishi is just a guy that wanted to be a mangaka and win his bread with it. Maybe in the beginning he didn't has good ideas about the characters, but I'm sure he had something to say, because he talked about profound things in the Kobayashi interview. IMO, Naruto has been broken because of the manga system. It's the manga system's fault. It's a complicated problem, and a lot of years passed, and Kishi changed, he loose his father during the process.

Edited by Otaru, 12 May 2015 - 09:11 PM.

sakurachansmallerbetter.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users