Close
Photo

Winter 2014/2015 Anime Line-Up

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Burning_Wulf

Burning_Wulf

Just your friendly, neighborhood zombie hunter.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Wolves, Anime/Manga, Rx7, NaruSaku, Timeoff work, Sleeping, Comics, Napping, Cats, Resting, Skeet, and Racing plus too much more....

Posted 05 November 2014 - 06:02 PM

Here's the breakdown for Winter.

neregate.com-Winter-2014-2015-Anime-Char

As always, with this being version one I'll post an update when the updated version is released.

As for this season... I'm really excited for the next part of Aldnoah Zero, really enjoyed part one. Also the sequel to Durarara and the ARS Nova-  Areggio of Blue Steel movie.

coco_zps31bec3d3.jpg

#2 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 07:45 PM

I dunno what to think.  2014 has ended all of the running manga I was following (Ah! My Goddess, History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi, and very soon Naruto), and I haven't seen anything in any of these line-ups that have sparked my interest significantly in years.  A few mildly entertaining write-ups I might give a try to if convenient, but most of those aren't easy to find in the US, and none have inspired me to hunt them down.

Sure, there are still some trickles from those anime out there (the Kenichi OVAs seem to still be happening, even if they aren't on this list, and there's a Naruto movie to dread -- I mean, look forward to), but... is anyone else getting an "end of an era" vibe from this year?  So many long-running series are just ending, and very suddenly\unsatisfactorilly as well.  Even Studio Ghibli may be gone after this year (though I've seen conflicting reports about that).

I guess some people are content with Attack on Titan (too grimdark for my blood) or Sword Art Online (jumps around too much; can't get into it).  I never got into One Piece (I gave it a lot of chances), which may still be running, but as suddenly as Naruto and Kenichi were ended (Kenichi basically announced it was ending just one week in advance, with a dozen plot points unresolved) I wouldn't be surprised if any of those were ended with little or no warning, either.

I dunno.  Sorry, probably not the right thread for this one, but it bothers me.  I wonder what's going on in the manga industry all of a sudden.

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

#3 deviouslyChaotic

deviouslyChaotic

Alex Turner turners me on

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Interests:sleep.

Posted 05 November 2014 - 08:37 PM

YESSSSS SEASON 2 OF DUARARA I'VE BEEN WAITING SO LONG

tumblr_n963zefXMR1rab3jho5_r1_500.gif

"Suck it and see."

#4 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 05 November 2014 - 08:54 PM

Kantai Collection! Woooo

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#5 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 05 November 2014 - 09:29 PM

I dunno what to think.  2014 has ended all of the running manga I was following (Ah! My Goddess, History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi, and very soon Naruto), and I haven't seen anything in any of these line-ups that have sparked my interest significantly in years.  A few mildly entertaining write-ups I might give a try to if convenient, but most of those aren't easy to find in the US, and none have inspired me to hunt them down.

Sure, there are still some trickles from those anime out there (the Kenichi OVAs seem to still be happening, even if they aren't on this list, and there's a Naruto movie to dread -- I mean, look forward to), but... is anyone else getting an "end of an era" vibe from this year?  So many long-running series are just ending, and very suddenly\unsatisfactorilly as well.  Even Studio Ghibli may be gone after this year (though I've seen conflicting reports about that).

I guess some people are content with Attack on Titan (too grimdark for my blood) or Sword Art Online (jumps around too much; can't get into it).  I never got into One Piece (I gave it a lot of chances), which may still be running, but as suddenly as Naruto and Kenichi were ended (Kenichi basically announced it was ending just one week in advance, with a dozen plot points unresolved) I wouldn't be surprised if any of those were ended with little or no warning, either.

I dunno.  Sorry, probably not the right thread for this one, but it bothers me.  I wonder what's going on in the manga industry all of a sudden.

I completely agree. There is almost nothing right now that I consider worth of watching.

It is not a trouble for me, though. I have dozens of classic series that I want to check, so that the lack of interesting or even midly entertaining series currently does not affect me.

Sincerely I think the manga/anime industry has been declining for several years... or even since the late nineties.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#6 Fenris

Fenris

back from the dead

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 07:21 PM

Maybe one of these little kittens wont let me down

tumblr_nn5rgcX8lv1rq9ihbo4_500.gif

jus drein jus daun.
---------------------------------------------------

0 user(s) are reading this topic