#41 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 03:00 PM

QUOTE (True @ Sep 9 2009, 02:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...Are you guys honestly complaining about Sasuke's power increase when Naruto spent what, a week, at most in the Hyperbolic Toad Chamber and suddenly defeated the strongest ninja in the world (before the LOL Talk no Jutsu). Talk about double standard.

Did Naruto learn anything other than Sage mode when he was training? nope that's all he learnt, The Odama Rasengan, and RasenShuriken were both moves he had been working for prior to becoming a Toad Sage, by using Natural Chakra these moves become more powerful but they were still moves he had mastered before he went into training. Did Sasuke master or even come close to knowing the Ameretsu and that bone move before no he didn't so it's not double standards.

Also Naruto got his arse handed to him by the main puppet of Pein (Yahito or something) the others were expendable and Naruto mainly defeated then because Pein had used the dynamite Jutsu just prior to him arriving in Konoha meaning Yakito was out of commision whist Naruto took care of the other weaker bodies. So Naruto wasn't even fighting Pein at his full strength, the Raikage is at full strength. Then lets not forget Naruto going 8 tails and going on a rampage Whilst Yahito used another Chakra intensive move to try and subdue the Kyuubi, and in the end it took out smarting not out powering to defeat the final body. And as for Negato, Naruto didn't giht him he reminded him of his original path for peace and Negato gave his life to save the lives of Konoha citizens he took not Naruto defeating him.

So not really double standard at all, Naruto would have lost if Pain didn't use two extremely powerful chakra intensive moves, or other external factors, like taking out large portion of Konoha's ninja's before hand. If it was a one on one fair fight like Sasuke vs Raikage is, Naruto would have lost badly, it's plain and simple, Even with the weakened Pain Naruto would have lost if Hinata's Kamakaze mission didn't make him go eight tails and have his old man come to fix the seal and get him back on track. And right at the end he won by using Shadow clones to outsmart pain, not because he was stronger.

Edited by harry4e, 09 September 2009 - 03:01 PM.

iAnby7W.gif

#42 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 09 September 2009 - 03:37 PM

QUOTE (harry4e @ Sep 9 2009, 11:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did Naruto learn anything other than Sage mode when he was training? nope that's all he learnt, The Odama Rasengan, and RasenShuriken were both moves he had been working for prior to becoming a Toad Sage, by using Natural Chakra these moves become more powerful but they were still moves he had mastered before he went into training. Did Sasuke master or even come close to knowing the Ameretsu and that bone move before no he didn't so it's not double standards.

Also Naruto got his arse handed to him by the main puppet of Pein (Yahito or something) the others were expendable and Naruto mainly defeated then because Pein had used the dynamite Jutsu just prior to him arriving in Konoha meaning Yakito was out of commision whist Naruto took care of the other weaker bodies. So Naruto wasn't even fighting Pein at his full strength, the Raikage is at full strength. Then lets not forget Naruto going 8 tails and going on a rampage Whilst Yahito used another Chakra intensive move to try and subdue the Kyuubi, and in the end it took out smarting not out powering to defeat the final body. And as for Negato, Naruto didn't giht him he reminded him of his original path for peace and Negato gave his life to save the lives of Konoha citizens he took not Naruto defeating him.

So not really double standard at all, Naruto would have lost if Pain didn't use two extremely powerful chakra intensive moves, or other external factors, like taking out large portion of Konoha's ninja's before hand. If it was a one on one fair fight like Sasuke vs Raikage is, Naruto would have lost badly, it's plain and simple, Even with the weakened Pain Naruto would have lost if Hinata's Kamakaze mission didn't make him go eight tails and have his old man come to fix the seal and get him back on track. And right at the end he won by using Shadow clones to outsmart pain, not because he was stronger.

While the first paragraph, I agree, but the rest... disagree. The reason why is this, since Naruto had mastered Senjutsu, and even if Pain hadn't used the "Big Bang BOOM" jutsu that wasted his chakra and even if all of those factors including Hinata's kamikaze death wish didn't occurred, he will still won but it may take the battle like way too long (and you know that's time constriction). And if Naruto lost that fight, it basically ruins the standards of a basic Shonen fight, not to mention ruins his character development, wasted potential and then we'll definitely be complaining about that issue right now, haven't we?

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#43 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 04:49 PM

QUOTE (True @ Sep 9 2009, 08:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...Are you guys honestly complaining about Sasuke's power increase when Naruto spent what, a week, at most in the Hyperbolic Toad Chamber and suddenly defeated the strongest ninja in the world (before the LOL Talk no Jutsu). Talk about double standard.

Yep.

Let's not forget the total package though. In essentially three weeks worth of training Naruto acquired the Rasengan, the RasenShuriken, and Sage Mode. Let's not also forget in that week he surpassed Jiriaya who'd spent far longer in there AND that there appears to be no pratical limitation to Naruto's Hyperbolic Clone Chamber.

Sasuke's possession of Mangekyou is objectionable, but for far better reasons than any kind of "parity" with Naruto's powerups.

#44 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 09 September 2009 - 05:08 PM

QUOTE (Evil Potato @ Sep 9 2009, 10:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yep its nice to know Sasuke is getting spanked smile.gif

I wanna know, why isnt there any good fan pics of Naruto holding Sakura, something that looks like its straight out of the manga? Anyone know where I may find something like that?

ask and ye shall Recieve

as to sasuke surving the 8 tails that wasnt his doing you can thank Karin and Juugo for that Sasuke was toast without their help.

And I dont object to him having Mangekyo its the final stage of hate for the Uchiha and its needed for the end when Naruto beats him and shows him that other way.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#45 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 05:23 PM

Why is anyone upset over Sasuke's control with amateratsu? In the fight vs Killerbee he was able to use it effectively and even taught himself how to put it out, which was considered impossible. It's not like he just gained this power 8 minutes ago. Even with susanoo, he saw how Itachi used it and he fought against it so he should have a bit of understanding on how it works.
Let's not forget how Orochimaru and Itachi (Kyuubi too) repeated over and over again how much potential and power they saw in Sasuke's eyes.
Honestly, Pain was put on such a high pedestal he was practically ruling from heaven. The next villains Naruto faces have to surpass that somehow or there wouldn't be any more exciting fights~

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#46 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 05:40 PM

Looks like Suigutsu got finished off, he got stabbed with Darui's sword and he says he's not able to turn back into a liquid while he's feeling numb all over.

Judging by the way the spoiler script ended I don't see how Sasuke will escape his death unless Madara leaft to rescue him for the future faithful battle that Madara tells Naruto he'll have Sasuke face off with him.

#47 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 09 September 2009 - 06:25 PM

For that Emo-Slam, Raikage is now in my top-five.

#48 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 09 September 2009 - 08:00 PM

Man. can't wait to see Sasuke get his ass whipped by the Raikage. I thought, he couldn't get more smexy then he is heeee. biggrin.gif

Raikage=pro wrestler means upper pawn-age to Sasuke.

He has been in my top five since he was introduce imo xdddd

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 09 September 2009 - 08:01 PM.

#49 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 09 September 2009 - 08:55 PM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Sep 9 2009, 04:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Man. can't wait to see Sasuke get his ass whipped by the Raikage. I thought, he couldn't get more smexy then he is heeee. biggrin.gif

Raikage=pro wrestler means upper pawn-age to Sasuke.

He has been in my top five since he was introduce imo xdddd

It took me a little while to warm up to him, since I thought Sasuke was gonna go "Yeah, no. -Kills instantly with ZA WARUDO.-

#50 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:00 PM

Harry, it's spelled Yahiko.... For future reference.

#51 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:05 PM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Sep 9 2009, 12:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yep.

Let's not forget the total package though. In essentially three weeks worth of training Naruto acquired the Rasengan, the RasenShuriken, and Sage Mode. Let's not also forget in that week he surpassed Jiriaya who'd spent far longer in there AND that there appears to be no pratical limitation to Naruto's Hyperbolic Clone Chamber.

Sasuke's possession of Mangekyou is objectionable, but for far better reasons than any kind of "parity" with Naruto's powerups.

See Naruto's powerups would have been reasonable if he was able to do such things after his 2 1/2 year training trip, except the only new thing we got was a bigger Rasengan. Sasuke during the Deidara fight showcased an arsenal of jutsu, Sharingan mastery, and physical improvements, and looked as if he really spent quite the time training with Orochimaru. The order was all whacked out for Naruto since his improvement came so much later after his eventual return. He spent at most a month to acquire the state he is in currently.

He masters what Jiriaya still couldn't perfect with countless years of training in just a week (and no clone hax) so I don't see how you can treat it any differently then Sasuke being able to use the Mangekyou Sharingan so well when he already had mastered the three tome Sharingan but now has three new jutsu's to use. Plus Itachi wasn't trying to kill him during their fight so we have no way to compare whether or not he surpassed him in technique.

Power levels do not bother me since "logically" it would take many years for the characters to improve and get stronger. If Kishi decided to showcase a "reasonable" development of Naruto/Sasuke they'd be well over 30+ years old. As long as you see them training or using the techniques then you can see they have acquired the skill for it and the difference in their power is increased by fictional factors such as the power of love for Naruto and the power of hate for Sasuke then it works by me. But I really can't understand how one can claim Sasuke is "haxxed" (inb4 Sharingan) without saying the same about Naruto when both their power levels are questionable in terms of development.

#52 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:47 PM

I wouldn't bother continuing, True.

Since some posters love to complain about Sasuke all being hax and mastering Amaterasu. "OMG VILLAINS GET ALL POWERS UP PLZ"

kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

#53 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 11:51 PM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Sep 9 2009, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wouldn't bother continuing, True.

Since some posters love to complain about Sasuke all being hax and mastering Amaterasu. "OMG VILLAINS GET ALL POWERS UP PLZ"

kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

Well, it is hax, and he does randomly get it with apparently no training or work put into it at all.

That's what annoys most people, not that he's getting new powers. On the other hand we watch Naruto train for basically everything he's learned so far, yet still gets his ass kicked or can't use what he trained for.

It isn't just posters running around screaming that Sasuke is hax for no good reason.

kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

Edited by Freakazoid, 09 September 2009 - 11:52 PM.

#54 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 11:58 PM

QUOTE (Freakazoid @ Sep 9 2009, 07:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, it is hax, and he does randomly get it with apparently no training or work put into it at all.

That's what annoys most people, not that he's getting new powers. On the other hand we watch Naruto train for basically everything he's learned so far, yet still gets his ass kicked or can't use what he trained for.

It isn't just posters running around screaming that Sasuke is hax for no good reason.

kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

I know, but the hate and screaming is pretty much old and annoying now, since we've seen it before.

#55 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 12:15 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Sep 9 2009, 03:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know, but the hate and screaming is pretty much old and annoying now, since we've seen it before.

Agreed.

#56 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 01:07 AM

Dude, Raikage needs an entrance video. I've already got his entrance music planned out; it'd be an alteration of The Rock's old music. He makes other pro-wrestlers look like pansies.

Raikage's finishing move is probably the Powerbomb; he seems the type who'd love that move.
bd5.jpg

#57 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 02:35 AM

Actually Naruto may have a more powerful Sage Mode and mastered Rasengan but like Jiraiya Naruto hasn't learn any of the Toad Sage Ninjutsu that we've seen Jiraiya use throughout part 1 and 2 so I think IMOP that Naruto will need a little more than Sage Mode/Taijutsu/Rasengan (Kyuubi is useless as long as Sasuke can use the Sharingan to suppress/control it) to defeat a Sasuke with all of his brothers inherited MS now shown with even greater skill than Itachi (except Itachi's insane use of exploding Kage Bunshins/Crows).

Yeah it would be even more epic if Viz Media could get Samuel L. Jackson to do the voice over of Raikage. a_thumbs.gif

#58 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 02:42 AM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Sep 9 2009, 10:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
but like Jiraiya Naruto hasn't learn any of the Toad Sage Ninjutsu that we've seen Jiraiya use

Well, first of all, the frogs can't exactly merge with Naruto to allow him to use the special frog techniques. Not to mention the number of years Jiraiya wandered around the world, giving him time to learn techniques.

You want Naruto to just randomly learn techniques?

Edited by Cloud, 10 September 2009 - 02:44 AM.

#59 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 03:01 AM

You know Naruto only learns variations of the rasengan anyways kruemelmonsteryn0.gif He's a one technique type of guy hm.png

#60 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 03:07 AM

QUOTE (Miss Soupy @ Sep 9 2009, 11:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know Naruto only learns variations of the rasengan anyways kruemelmonsteryn0.gif He's a one technique type of guy hm.png

One-trick pony? kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users