• This topic is locked This topic is locked
224 replies to this topic

#221 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 18 August 2009 - 12:20 AM

I have to disagree here. . Have any of you heard of Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi? Gandhi employed non-cooperation, non-violence and peaceful resistance as his "weapons" in the struggle against British. To win the India's Independence

I think what Naruto is doing is great its teaching kids to use words instead of fist to prove a point.

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 18 August 2009 - 12:27 AM.

#222 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 12:30 AM

QUOTE (RedDelicious @ Aug 17 2009, 04:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not just the tears. The pose, and what they are saying is similar.
Please point out where Naruto and Sasuke have similar panels.

It probably doesn't mean anything, but I do think they are too alike to be coincidence.
(It could be just to reinforce that Sakura already knew that they'd have to take
care of Sasuke, without the speech from Shikamaru.)

Naruto gave Pein another chance to stop. Still dealt out a dose of STFU juice, as you say.
(He didn't deal a similar dose to Nagato, because Nagato was not a threat at that moment, was at his mercy.)

When Naruto found out about Jman and the aftermath of the Itatchi/Sasuke fight.

Nagato = Pein. Pein wasn't even fully changed to his thinking imo. He was a man about to die from the beating he just took and using up his power, that decided to entrust his dream to another person that wanted the same thing, just went about it a different way.

#223 pharix

pharix

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 06:37 AM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Aug 17 2009, 08:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have to disagree here. . Have any of you heard of Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi? Gandhi employed non-cooperation, non-violence and peaceful resistance as his "weapons" in the struggle against British. To win the India's Independence

I think what Naruto is doing is great its teaching kids to use words instead of fist to prove a point.

getting beat up by Karui was kind of Gandhi-ish

#224 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 08:22 AM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Aug 17 2009, 08:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, but keep in mind that it also got him killed. Not to mention even when the goal of independence was achieved, it didn't stop the fighting. He was even killed by a radical, sadly enough. People don't tend to really care much for those preaching peace when they feel like they and their kind have been horribly wronged.
bd5.jpg

#225 RedDelicious

RedDelicious

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 01:55 PM

QUOTE (Freakazoid @ Aug 17 2009, 07:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When Naruto found out about Jman and the aftermath of the Itatchi/Sasuke fight.

I looked over those two scenes, and don't see what you are referring to.

QUOTE (pharix @ Aug 18 2009, 01:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
getting beat up by Karui was kind of Gandhi-ish

Two things to consider. Naruto was in a dark place, and may have wanted to feel physical pain to deal with his emotional pain. (There are lots of movies where the character looks to get into fights, usually to create a friendship.)

Second, even if Karui was too dense to get the message, Omoi recognized it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users