#141 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 10:55 PM

QUOTE (canis @ Jun 28 2009, 04:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, I can see where you are coming from, but I wouldn't hold my breath... Kishi always went for hope and second chances. Pair that with his tendency to not kill anyone from the Konoha 12 and it becomes pretty unlikely, that they will give up on Sasuke. With all the Sannin parallels (that fit pretty well imo, about Jiraiya and Orochimaru) and Naruto's way of the Ninja ("If that's what it means to be smart I'd rather stay an idiot") chance shrink even more... If they ever let him go, then not without knowing that he'll be okay and has found some peace of mind.

I'm willing to cut Sakura some slack, everyone has some weak moments. That's what you've got friends for, to lift you up again, maybe a pep talk or a scolding whatever's necessary... I bet she'll either reaffirm her promises ("We'll go together next time!") or find a new path to her goals. And it's not as if the situation is critical. The situation is realitively calm, they've got time to lock their wounds.

Naruto went through the same thing, I can vividly remember all the posts on NF how Naruto wasted his time over the timeskip or how he cried again... He took 2 training arcs, the loss of his mentor, and the fight with Pain to gain the understanding and wisdom of tragic figures like Pain and Sasuke to have the confidence we've seen in him the last chapters... What are Sakura's tears compared to that?

And somehow I doubt, that she'd let Naruto go traipsing around on his own...

Thanks! You just help give me new confidence. biggrin.gif

I'm just so eager for the 454 spoilers to come out, hope NF gets them in Monday and hopefully some more NaruSaku time. eager.gif

#142 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 02:53 AM

QUOTE (Daniee @ Jun 28 2009, 12:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Prove it. To say he did it to "enrage his fanbase" is, IMO, ridiculous and sounds like some silly internet rumor.

I believe it was stated in one of the Daizenshuu volumes which routinely had interviews with Toriyama. Which one, I haven't the foggiest anymore; I don't even know how many there are currently. The days when I was so engrossed in Dragonball that I read all sorts of stuff like this and could link them on a dime are long behind me.

The way I see it, that pairing was done to bring Trunks into the story and begin Vegeta's change into a good guy.

Toriyama didn't even like Vegeta. Stated Vegeta was actually one of his least favorite characters. I'm relatively sure that he stated he brought back Vegeta after the first time he died more or less because of his surprising popularity with fans. If you want me to "prove it", see Daizenshuu; I think most of this on Vegeta, if not all, comes from the second one. But again, my memory of sources are somewhat spotty, so it might be another volume.

Putting together a crack pairing would never anger enough people to cancel the series, anyway.

I never said it was entirely logical. To be honest, you never really know how fandom are going to react anyways. All too often they latch on to deplorable characters and try to excuse everything they do to the point of dismissing what the creator even says. DBZ fandom actually does this a lot. I've heard from a couple Harry Potter fans that J.K. Rowling even expressed a raised eyebrow or two towards how many people latched on to certain characters in her books.

People loved Dragon Ball for all sorts of different reasons, and I doubt Toriyama didn't know that.

I never said he didn't. But it's no secret that he wanted to end it at the Frieza saga and was forced to keep it going. Actually, he was forced to do quite a few things he didn't want to the more popular it got.

QUOTE (Derock)
Why are we suddenly going back towards the DB/Naruto comparison...

Because the two series tend to have things in common. Just like DBZ had a lot of similarity to the Superman mythos as it went on. It is what it is. It's nothing to get irritable over, whether you disagree or not.

I'm thinking I'm getting sick of the fandom...

I hope you don't think other fandoms are any better. This one's pretty tame compared to several I've seen.

Edited by dl316bh, 29 June 2009 - 03:25 AM.

bd5.jpg

#143 NarutoNamikaze

NarutoNamikaze

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 02:53 AM

Jeez Kishi, he always has like a NaruHina moment then a NaruSaku moment and im really happy and then CRUSH with the big question "What is Sasuke to you anyway." Sometimes I could kill Kishi and take over Naruto and tell her to say "He was just my first crush and a old friend, that has turned evil." I would be so happy smile.gif smile.gif

Anyways I hope Sasuke goes to kill all of the Kages because I know there is no way he is that strong and with all of their bodyguars a.k.a ANBU it will be sweet. I think Naruto should go train again and come back a year later to a rebuilt Konoha and everyone ages because it that time of their life where they grow tremdusly. Like Naruto grows 6 in. and Sakura gets a little more developed tongue.gif lol I bet Danzo will name Sai as his successor and Sai will decline. He is finally understanding emotions. Slowly but surely

#144 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 29 June 2009 - 04:46 AM

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Jun 28 2009, 10:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Because the two series tend to have things in common. Just like DBZ had a lot of similarity to the Superman mythos as it went on. It is what it is. It's nothing to get irritable over, whether you disagree or not.

That I can understand clearly. However, most fans doesn't. They use this comparison in anything from fights to pairings, especially the latter.

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Jun 28 2009, 10:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hope you don't think other fandoms are any better. This one's pretty tame compared to several I've seen.

As much of being a fan of other series, I usually keep things to myself but Naruto is the only series I participated in because the series has giving me the ability to understand other people's views online. While I lurked into other fandoms, such as Sonic comic books and games, I hardly don't wanna see any others because many, including this fandom, have tensions.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#145 Shadowmoon~

Shadowmoon~

Procrastination Princess ♥

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:All things FUN! 8D

Posted 29 June 2009 - 08:16 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Jun 28 2009, 11:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Shadowmoon, don't make me come over there! rawr.gif

What did I do? arg.gif

Sorry, Cloud-kun! wow.png

---

Why are we suddenly going back towards the DB/Naruto comparison...

Sorry, Derock-kun. I think I was the one who started it.

I wanted to know more about DBZ, and if the principle of shounen manga, (which is main character x main character ends up together), was somehow evident in both Naruto and DBZ series. I guess I wanted to compare them if they were alike or not.

So, I'm really sorry if I caused you trouble. happy.gif

---

love.gif narusakuct7.gif love.gif

Edited by Shadowmoon-Sakura, 29 June 2009 - 04:30 PM.

#146 JABR

JABR

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 07:11 PM

well the big news of this chapter revolved around the same rumor that's making the rounds.

That Danzo and Tobi are the same person. Tobi had Zetsu show more or less to EXPRESSLY state that Danzo was now Hokage and to point out how 'weak' he was compared to Naruto.

It plays nicely into the notion that Danzo is manipulating Naruto into fighting and killing Sasuke, thus removing the last bit of evidence implicating him in the Uchiha massacre.

It also dovetails nicely with Sai's likely upcoming demise (hence he spoke again).

#147 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 07:26 PM

QUOTE (JABR @ Jun 29 2009, 11:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well the big news of this chapter revolved around the same rumor that's making the rounds.

That Danzo and Tobi are the same person. Tobi had Zetsu show more or less to EXPRESSLY state that Danzo was now Hokage and to point out how 'weak' he was compared to Naruto.

It plays nicely into the notion that Danzo is manipulating Naruto into fighting and killing Sasuke, thus removing the last bit of evidence implicating him in the Uchiha massacre.

It also dovetails nicely with Sai's likely upcoming demise (hence he spoke again).

What would it matter if he was revealed to be behind the Uchiha massacre anyway? He's already a high level terrorist in a group that the Kages are working to take down. I acutlly like Danzo, I don't really think he is Tobi nor do I want Sasuke to kill him. I'm sure i'll end up being wrong.....

Meh.

#148 JABR

JABR

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 07:36 PM

QUOTE (Wolfheart @ Jun 29 2009, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What would it matter if he was revealed to be behind the Uchiha massacre anyway? He's already a high level terrorist in a group that the Kages are working to take down. I acutlly like Danzo, I don't really think he is Tobi nor do I want Sasuke to kill him. I'm sure i'll end up being wrong.....

Meh.

He's an unpopular Hokage or implied to be so.

Being revealed as one of the masterminds behind mass murder of otherwise innocent people MIGHT not play well to everyone else in the village.

#149 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 07:51 PM

I was thinking that Danzou could order Naruto, Kakashi, Sai, Sakura, and Root to come with him as his body guards to the summit. If somehow Danzou was smart enough to know that Sasuke was going to attack him, it would be the perfect setup because politically Naruto/Kakashi would have to fight Sasuke/Taka to death in order to protect the Hokage. facepalm.png

#150 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 08:05 PM

QUOTE (JABR @ Jun 29 2009, 12:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Huh!? This only confused me a lot.

Zetsu didn't say anybody was weak compared to Naruto. What he said was that Naruto has gotten really strong, and since Zetsu watched the Naruto vs Sasuke fight at the Valley of the End he said that Naruto is now -probably- stronger than Sasuke.

Danzo doesn't need to eliminate evidence of his involvment with the Uchiha thing because only he and the other two elders know about it. They think Madara is dead already. (That is if the story Tobi told to Sasuke can be believed. I think he was at least telling half of the truth.)

Edited by Nee-sama, 29 June 2009 - 08:09 PM.

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#151 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 29 June 2009 - 08:56 PM

QUOTE (Shadowmoon-Sakura @ Jun 29 2009, 04:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry, Derock-kun. I think I was the one who started it.

I wanted to know more about DBZ, and if the principle of shounen manga, (which is main character x main character ends up together), was somehow evident in both Naruto and DBZ series. I guess I wanted to compare them if they were alike or not.

So, I'm really sorry if I caused you trouble. happy.gif

You don't have to apologize. happy.gif You just want to hear about the comparison between the two series, not using it like the majority of the NH/SS had been using against us when debating.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#152 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 29 June 2009 - 09:23 PM

QUOTE (6thHokage @ Jun 29 2009, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was thinking that Danzou could order Naruto, Kakashi, Sai, Sakura, and Root to come with him as his body guards to the summit. If somehow Danzou was smart enough to know that Sasuke was going to attack him, it would be the perfect setup because politically Naruto/Kakashi would have to fight Sasuke/Taka to death in order to protect the Hokage. facepalm.png

I could see that happening, but I doubt Kishi would go that far to have him fight to the death, but who know KISHI is so unpredictable with his story that it isn't funny.

#153 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 29 June 2009 - 11:24 PM

Well, considering 6th's scenario involved defending the Hokage from an attempted assassination, it WOULD be a fight to the death if Sasuke's that determined. Though it is possible that this is the start of the end of the series. Think about it, with the -Kages of all the Great Shinobi villages at one place, and possibly the elite ninjas away to guard the -Kages (even if they may not need it), Tobi is at an advantage to destroy or at least cripple the other villages, it's possible that this ties into his Eyeball plan thing....

#154 JABR

JABR

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 08:54 AM

QUOTE (Nee-sama @ Jun 29 2009, 04:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Huh!? This only confused me a lot.

Zetsu didn't say anybody was weak compared to Naruto. What he said was that Naruto has gotten really strong, and since Zetsu watched the Naruto vs Sasuke fight at the Valley of the End he said that Naruto is now -probably- stronger than Sasuke.

Danzo doesn't need to eliminate evidence of his involvment with the Uchiha thing because only he and the other two elders know about it. They think Madara is dead already. (That is if the story Tobi told to Sasuke can be believed. I think he was at least telling half of the truth.)

I didn't mean Zetsu said anyone was weak. I said that Madara was effectively using Zetsu's report as another part of his manipulation of Sasuke.

And Danzo DOES need to eliminate evidence of his involvement in the Uchiha operation because if that comes out, he would likely lose whatever trust and respect he might have from his shinobi.

#155 Shadowmoon~

Shadowmoon~

Procrastination Princess ♥

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:All things FUN! 8D

Posted 30 June 2009 - 09:31 AM

QUOTE (Derock @ Jun 30 2009, 04:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You don't have to apologize. happy.gif You just want to hear about the comparison between the two series, not using it like the majority of the NH/SS had been using against us when debating.

That's a relief. happy.gif

Thanks, Derock-kun! wow.png

---

I hope the new chapter comes out soon, especially the spoilers. rawr.gif

I shall spoil myself once again! biggrin.gif

---

love.gif narusakuct7.gif love.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users