9 replies to this topic

#1 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 06:14 PM

So...quite the amazing thing has happened since I was last on this site. One of my book series is being turned into a video game, and possibly even an animated series. For this particular book series I've created my own country, environments, language, animal species, economy, you name it. The country the game will take place is called "Atlasia" or "The Land of the Unknown" which was originally created when I wrote a Naruto fanfiction several years back.

This game will be huge and completely open world, just like an Elder scrolls Game (Skyrim, Oblivion, Morrowind, ETC)

So...since the game hasn't officially been started on, I was thinking I'd offer you RPG lovers a chance to list some things you've always wanted to see in video games. Depending on how they fir into the lore, your idea just might become a reality.

#2 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 03:24 AM

Jrpg world map and interaction.

Edited by rocci, 02 January 2016 - 03:25 AM.

#3 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 03:34 AM

Jrpg world map and interaction.

This game will be completely open to the player to do whatever he or she wants. You want to be a hero loved by all the people? You can do that. You want to be a super infamous villain? Go for it. You want to join the military and work your way through the ranks? What's stopping you? You want to get married and have a kid or two? Become friends with someone of the opposite sex, maintain that friendship, ask him/her to marry you, and you've got the beginnings of a family.

Sounds a lot like Skyrim, I know, but trust me... Skyrim won't have jack on this game once it's done.

#4 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 02 January 2016 - 06:50 PM

I want an RPG where you simply play an adventurer, yes he may save the day but I don't want them to be perceived as a Hero. I don't want to feel like I'm being relied upon by the common people or the higher class.
Going through a complete open world with no limits and simply going out in exploration, or simply sitting in the bar and dancing/playing music for the whole game. Everything is open to you there is no set line for you to follow. 

Player housing is a big plus in my book. I want a place where you can literally put any item you find in the world in said house and customize it how you feel comfortable.
Player Cities where others build around you or a specific location or vica versa.

*cough* Star Wars Galaxy *cough*
to bad its been shut down for years now.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#5 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 02 January 2016 - 09:57 PM

good to see you back, Dalton. I had no idea that you were an author. I have set up an authors/writers unite thread to share or talk about ideas here http://www.narusaku....showtopic=15472

As for RPG. How about an action RPG and RTS and RPG crossovers?

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#6 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 10:09 PM

Warcraft 3.

#7 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 03:51 AM

good to see you back, Dalton. I had no idea that you were an author. I have set up an authors/writers unite thread to share or talk about ideas here http://www.narusaku....showtopic=15472

As for RPG. How about an action RPG and RTS and RPG crossovers?

I was thinking that myself XD

#8 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 03 January 2016 - 09:28 PM

Dragons, airships, quaint little towns or villages, and ice/fire cavern

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#9 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 09:40 PM

Dragons, airships, quaint little towns or villages, and ice/fire cavern

Done. It's not an RPG if there aren't any dragons XD

#10 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 04:59 AM

I want an RPG where you simply play an adventurer, yes he may save the day but I don't want them to be perceived as a Hero. I don't want to feel like I'm being relied upon by the common people or the higher class.
Going through a complete open world with no limits and simply going out in exploration, or simply sitting in the bar and dancing/playing music for the whole game. Everything is open to you there is no set line for you to follow. 

Player housing is a big plus in my book. I want a place where you can literally put any item you find in the world in said house and customize it how you feel comfortable.
Player Cities where others build around you or a specific location or vica versa.

*cough* Star Wars Galaxy *cough*
to bad its been shut down for years now.

Hmm...interesting. I think that's actually an original idea for an RPG. Just go off and do what you want when you want, and not have this random fate brought upon you that demands you save the world? I think you're onto something my friend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users