Emulators?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 hokuten

hokuten

I am CLUTCH.

• Kage
  • 8,014 posts
  • Interests:EHRGEIZ: God Bless The Ring!

Posted 12 June 2015 - 06:16 PM

I've been so out of the emulator scene for so long (last time I used emulators we were still on Windows 2000...yikes I'm old! :sweatdrop: ), I was wondering if anyone here still uses them, or is familiar with how they work now?  Also what kind or specific program should I be looking for?  I just remember they used to be highly unstable and crash majority of the time, but if there are any recommendations, I am open to them!  I'm hoping programming has changed or updated lately!  :fu:

I guess, I'm mainly looking for older console emulators (i.e. NES, SNES, maybe PS1?)

sushiset1_shrimp.gifHard-Gay-animated-sprite.gif
"Shiny. Let's go be bad guys."

#2 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,432 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 06:38 PM

Hi there!

I've been emulating all kind of platforms to play old games.

NES emulator, I'm using my old NES that is laying in box, lol - NESten emulator nice and easy. 100% emulating, because of 8bit is... well, 8bit   :zaru:

Game Boy Advance emulator - just completed Final Fantasy V Avdance on it - 100% of emulating (even can speed up time from 100% to 1000%) and I'm using - VisualBoyAdvance.

Java emulator - used one for playing old mobile games with differend resolutions, used one named KEmulator. 100% emulation.

Android emulator - emulated for 100%, but bad controls because of touchscreen.

PS1 emulator - 100% emulating, used it for playing tons of my favorit games back on PS1, I'm using PSX 1.13.

PSP emulator - 100% emulating, named ppsspp - very good emulator, completed 1-4+AY Final Fantasy's on it, love it.

PS2 emultator - depends on a game and hardware, very good if you have high spec PC. Named PCSX 2. Completed bunch of games on it.

Dolphin emulator - WII emulator, last time I played it - it was 100% emulating.

And... pretty much that's all I emulated for now. :zaru:

#3 hokuten

hokuten

I am CLUTCH.

• Kage
  • 8,014 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 07:55 PM

Awesome!  Thanks for the suggestions!  I'll definitely look at the NESten and PSX 1.13.  What about SNES emulators?  I guess I should ask, if emulators are windows only?  Or can I use them on like my MAC?

#4 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,432 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 08:22 PM

Awesome!  Thanks for the suggestions!  I'll definitely look at the NESten and PSX 1.13.  What about SNES emulators?  I guess I should ask, if emulators are windows only?  Or can I use them on like my MAC?

Pretty sure that there is MAC versions. Don't know about SNES, maybe will try some games on it.

Can I ask what games will you try to play?

Edited by NarutoUzumaki01, 12 June 2015 - 08:27 PM.

#5 hokuten

hokuten

I am CLUTCH.

• Kage
  • 8,014 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 08:32 PM

Majority of all the old Final Fantasies, Castlevanias, and normal staples of NES/SNES.  Those and Sunset Riders.  lol

Oh and I think I wanna try looking at some NeoGeo stuff too.

I think the only real reason I want to play PSX is for Ehrgeiz, because well...God Bless The Ring!  :thumb:

#6 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,432 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 08:49 PM

Majority of all the old Final Fantasies, Castlevanias, and normal staples of NES/SNES.  Those and Sunset Riders.  lol

Oh and I think I wanna try looking at some NeoGeo stuff too.

I think the only real reason I want to play PSX is for Ehrgeiz, because well...God Bless The Ring!  :thumb:

Oh, I myself was thinknig about playing Castlevania.

PSX is golden platform, I finished both Gran Turismo, Vigilante 8 both games, and other games. From fightings, Bushido Blade, best sword fighting game ever..

#7 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 12:18 AM

I currently have the No$Gba emulator which is awesome for DS and old GBA games, I also have a PS2 emulator and a PSX one, already played a bunch of games on these two.

I plan to download a psp one in the future :)

I'm currently playing chrono trigger (DS) and the ace attorney series with the No$Gba emulator while replaying chrono cross in the PSX and persona 3 on the PS2 one

Edited by Nar123, 13 June 2015 - 12:20 AM.

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#8 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:roses are red, dark clouds are grey.... the rumour come out: does jumin han is gay?

Posted 13 June 2015 - 01:30 AM

If you're looking for SNES emulators, you can try ZSNES. I use this one myself (I have Windows though).

JA2DBzd.png

#9 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 03:19 AM

Guys, about emulators

I've been having some problems with some games on the PCSX2, they're really lagging and with a annoying frame rate drop...

I've looked over the internet but I can't seen to fix the problem...do any of you guys have any idea what to do about this?

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#10 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,432 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 12:18 PM

Guys, about emulators

I've been having some problems with some games on the PCSX2, they're really lagging and with a annoying frame rate drop...

I've looked over the internet but I can't seen to fix the problem...do any of you guys have any idea what to do about this?

Depends on what configs and what games you have.

#11 Decius23

Decius23

Fanfiction Junkie

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts
  • Interests:Fanfiction, Manga, Anime, Gaming, Books, Freeriding, Science

Posted 13 June 2015 - 02:32 PM

Dolphin emulator - WII emulator, last time I played it - it was 100% emulating.

Little correction/addition, Dolphin is a WII and Gamecube emulator. :smile:

I don't understand why so many people didn't like/ignored the Gamecube, it was a good console in my opinion...

What could have been:
gallery_14986_310_31088.jpg

#12 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,432 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 02:38 PM

Little correction/addition, Dolphin is a WII and Gamecube emulator. :smile:

I don't understand why so many people didn't like/ignored the Gamecube, it was a good console in my opinion...

I didn't remember that, thanks  :thumb:

#13 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 15 June 2015 - 03:23 AM

For PCSX2, you will need a very good computer in terms of memory ram (somewhere past 4 Gigs) and also a good graphics card. So far, only certain games, such as Capcom Vs. SNK 2 works flawlessly on my computer. Now the other games, such as Virtua Fighter 4 and one of the games I really wanted to come out to Western shores, Vampire: Darkstalkers Collection... not so good.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#14 hokuten

hokuten

I am CLUTCH.

• Kage
  • 8,014 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 08:34 PM

Thanks everyone for the responses and suggestions and advice!

ZSNES!!!  Now that's what I remembered using way back in the day!  Good to know it's still around and functioning!

One more question!  Any suggestions on sites to download the ROMs from?

Derock...GOD BLESS THE RING!!!

#15 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 16 June 2015 - 04:28 AM

Thanks everyone for the responses and suggestions and advice!

ZSNES!!!  Now that's what I remembered using way back in the day!  Good to know it's still around and functioning!

One more question!  Any suggestions on sites to download the ROMs from?

Derock...GOD BLESS THE RING!!!

I recommend, emuparadise. That has everything. From roms to isos, emulators and even strategy guide scans.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#16 Legend054

Legend054

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:21 AM

i agree with Dereck emuparadise is the best site for downloading ROMs.

1wocs1.gif

#17 Tokura Misaki

Tokura Misaki

左京さん最推し❤

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 01:48 AM

My PS2 emulator is not working for some reasons.

If anyone is interested, PSP emulator is now available.

#18 JoHamSandwich

JoHamSandwich

Professional Excrement Initiator.

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 12:54 AM

to piggyback on this...

has anyone tried running the psp or ps1 emulators on Android devices? 

ePsxe runs flawless on my G3, but I was wondering if anyone has tried running openGL on it and getting good frame rates. 

I haven't tried the psp emulator that's on the play store, but I've read that it's getting to be stable.

#19 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 01:12 PM

I've been so out of the emulator scene for so long (last time I used emulators we were still on Windows 2000...yikes I'm old! :sweatdrop: ), I was wondering if anyone here still uses them, or is familiar with how they work now?  Also what kind or specific program should I be looking for?  I just remember they used to be highly unstable and crash majority of the time, but if there are any recommendations, I am open to them!  I'm hoping programming has changed or updated lately!  :fu:

I guess, I'm mainly looking for older console emulators (i.e. NES, SNES, maybe PS1?)

For NES and SNES i use EmuHawk i recommend it.

For PS1 i use epXSe but you need Bios to use it and its very hard to find because its illegal.

For PS2 i use pcsx2, my 12 years old PC can run it very good with bit of lag on certain game. Like epXSe it also need Bios and its hard to find.

-Ar Tonelico Melody of Elemia = run smoothly with bit lag

-Ar Tonelico Melody of Metafalica = run smoothly with little lag

-Atelier Iris Eternal Mana = run smoothly

-Atelier Iris 2 The Azoth of Destiny = run good with lag on battle phase when character perform certain skills

-Atelier Iris 3 Grand Phantasm = run very good but lag on battle phase

-Breath of Fire - Dragon Quarter = very laggy on many area unplayable

-Final Fantasy XII = bit laggy on some open world area.

-Grandia III = playable with little to medium lag on certain area. Very good for those who like RPG.

-Dark Cloud 2 = very laggy unplayable

-Digimon Data Squad = run pretty well

-Front Mission 4 = playable with medium lag, i manage to finish this game.

-Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts 2 = runs good with some lags when performing certain ability.

-Kingdom Hearts Rechain of Memories = runs good with some lags

-Legaia 2 - Duel Saga = playable with little to medium lag.

-Metal Slug Anthology = run smooth i recommend this game its very fun

-MS Saga - A New Dawn = bit lag, very good RPG

-Naruto - Ultimate Ninja 3 = run smooth with little lag on some stage and cutscene

-Naruto Shippuden - Ultimate Ninja 5 = run smooth with little lag

-Radiata Stories = playable with heavy to medium lag on some open area, very good RPG

-Rogue Galaxy = playable with medium to extreme lag on some area

-Shadow Hearts From The New World = run smooth with medium lag on certain area and cutscene, good RPG

-Star Ocean - Till the End of Time = run pretty good bit of lag on the battle phase

-Suikoden 4 and 5 = playable bit lag when naval battle and on open area

-Tales of Abyss and Tales of Legendia = run very smooth with no problem , very good RPG

-Time Crisis 3 = playable with buggy texture and with medium lag

-Wild Arms 5 = medium lag when you walk in the world map and some open area but i manage to finish the game.

-Wild Arms - Alter  Code F = runs very good with medium lag on some stages

For PSP i use ppsspp there are 2 version 64bit and 32bit you should get the one according to your OS and it runs very smooth. I download this emulator for YuGiOh games and Games like:

-Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds Tag Force 5 = run smoothly zero problem

-Yu-Gi-Oh GX Tag Force 3 = run smoothly with no problem

-Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII

-Dissidia 012 Duodecim Final Fantasy

-Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep .. are all run very smooth with no lag, error or crash

For Nintendo DS i use DeSmu it runs very well i can play Digimon Dawn and Dusk with no problem. the game size is very small, even smaller than PS1 game.

For Nintendo Wii i use Dolphin, same like ppsspp there are 64bit and 32bit version. I don't play this because the control is complicated i have PS2 controller and key binding it with Wii controller is very tricky. But i have try tested some game and some runs very smooth, some playable with lags, and some and very laggy. Also the game file is big, each game file require at least 4,5 gigs space for Samurai Warrior 3 it needs 8 gigs. And i forgot to add that Dolphin is also able to play GameCube games so it also serve as GameCube emulator, and the only GC game i tested is Luigi's Mansions and it runs at full speed and smoothly.

-Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles - The Crystal Bearers = playable with medium lag

-Final Fantasy Fables - Chocobo's Dungeon = run very smooth

-Fire Emblem - Radiant Dawn = run very smooth

-Fragile Dreams - Farewell Ruins of the Moon = playable with bit of lag on some open area

-Harvest Moon - Tree of Tranquility = run smoothly

-New Super Mario Bros = run very good i recommend this game its very fun

-Resident Evil Code Veronica X = run very smooth with no problem

-Resident Evil - The Umbrella Chronicles = playable with medium lag on some stages

-Resident Evil The Darkside Chronicles = very laggy low FPS but still playable

-Rune Factory Frontier = run very smooth i recommend this game for those who like harvest moon or farming simulator with RPG element and dungeon crawler like Diablo style.

-Rune Factory Tides Of Destiny = run very smooth

-Samurai Warriors 3 = very laggy low FPS but playable

-Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World = playable and run smooth with very little lag

-The Last Story = very laggy extreme low FPS unplayable

-The Legend Of Zelda Skyward Sword = run smooth with little lag

-Xenoblade Chronicles = extreme lag very low FPS because the game is open world, this game is my primary reason i download Dolphin emulator, too bad my PC can't handle open world game.

But as you know software like Emulator is very CPU bound/demanding not GPU bound. So the better your Processor the better Frame rate and the game will run. If you have at least Inter core i5 above i bet all those game will run smoothly. As for where do i get all the game for each emulator?? i download all of it from Emuparadise. I hope this help.

Edited by Yyubie, 21 January 2016 - 04:49 PM.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users