168 replies to this topic

#41 Zin

Zin

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 09:22 PM

Hmm...so many people saying they cried over this chapter...Does that make me heartless for not ? XD I dunno, I thought this was a happy chapter really. Sure, his parents died, but he knows absolutely without a doubt that he had a family that loved him. That's something that I think always ate at him. That last page showed that he was completely at peace.
"I've always equated "feelings" with "getting caught"...they both get in the way of my money. Unfortunately not everyone is as committed to their work as I am." - Garrett, Thief:TMA

"A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat." - JC Denton, Deus Ex

Anna: "The Maria Narcissa."
Sam: "Sounds like you're setting me up for another blind date."
Anna: "The Maria Narcissa is a boat."
Sam: "So was the last girl you set me up with."
Anna: "Fisher!"
Sam: "Sorry." - Anna Grímsdóttir and Sam Fisher, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

#42 Luna m.

Luna m.

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 09:29 PM

shamefulcry0js.gif Very sad chapter. Kushina has beautiful eyes like Sakura. I love last panel with Naruto crying. I never thought Kushinas last words will be about girls too.

#43 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 09:33 PM

QUOTE (Luna m. @ Jul 29 2010, 10:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
shamefulcry0js.gif Very sad chapter. Kushina has beautiful eyes like Sakura. I love last panel with Naruto crying. I never thought Kushinas last words will be about girls too.

I see what you did Luna! lol, the only part of that filler that was enjoyable!

And indeed, the last panel was just awesome, Naruto looked like in complete realization at that moment

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#44 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 09:34 PM

idk i think what Minato did is exactly what a parent would do for a child.

For one thing, the baby body is too small too take all that chakra at ounce. So he had to do that seal to split it in half, when he was being born it was clear that they were going to transfer the fox's chakra little by little, using the seal Kushina had to simply transfer it. The second thing is that without the balance of tailed beast, the nations will force themselves into attacking each other. Which is what is happening in the present time, the balance of tailed beast has been broken, and they're entering into what seems to be a full scale war, and Minato wanted Naruto to grow up having a home. Last but not least, is the way of the Hokage, to sacrifice himself to save his village, and to sacrifice himself for his son to have a home...to what he said he could never be a substitute for Kushina, that is true, there is no substitute for the mother.

Especially when it comes to women wink.gif

and you know what, yes like someone else suggested it, for every NaruSaku fanart that comes after July 29th, it should have a little seal that it says, Mother Knows Best around it, and through it say something like Kushina approves, as well as a chibbi smiling face.

Edited by Strangelove, 29 July 2010 - 09:46 PM.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#45 GreatName

GreatName

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 09:46 PM

"Just try not to pick a weird one, try to find someone like your mother."

That part was so much win that it made me stop lurking around on this forum just to comment on it.

#46 NuclearRaven

NuclearRaven

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Sports, Video games, and band.

Posted 29 July 2010 - 10:18 PM

Spock it, lock it, rocket, explode it, reload it.

#47 untold62

untold62

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 10:23 PM

QUOTE (Kenny-kun @ Jul 29 2010, 11:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think I liked this post the best:
And saying Sakura is like Kushina is pretty damn funny.
Kushina was a hot-head who spoke without thinking, sucked at ninjutsu and beat anyone who insulted her to near death.
Sakura is someone who never spoke without thinking (hence inner-sakura), was shown to have exceptional chakra control and a fast learner and always hid behind Ino as a child and now hides behind Naruto (to be more precise, Naruto is the only person she ever hits).

The only thing they have in common is anger issues, aside from that they are absolutely nothing alike, hell Tsunade and Ino are a lot more like Kushina.

Lets also add the "not weird one" part, which one is the weird one
Hinata, who saw what Naruto truly was inside and idolizes him and wants to be like him or Sakura, who even after all these years and even 2 attempts at her life still loves Sasuke (she flatout stated Naruto was going to reunite the team after the fight and thanked him)

In the end this was still the ramblings of his dying mother, who even went as far as to state she didn't know what to say before saying it.

Good stuff.

I laughed with tears in my eyes when I read this. Very good stuff indeed, laugh.gif

The chapter?... *sad smile*... It was simply put one of the greatest Naruto chapters 'till now. Kishimoto, after like chapter 490 really surprised me with great chapters that just made me need to read some more. Minato and Kushina really were made one for another and this chapter just proves to me this. Kushina's advices were 'groundbraking' and it really seems that Naruto respected them. As for the final scene, I am glad that the 'recollection of the past' pages have finished, but I am saddened that we won't see anymore of Kushina sad.gif

#48 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 11:04 PM

I predict that we will see Sakura save Naruto in the same manner as Kushina stopped the kyuubi. Something involving her ferocious strength stopping something that would otherwise have killed him, with a pose similar to hers on pages 9-10.

The precedent is there with Naruto saving her from Sasuke and Minato saving Naruto from Madara.

Just throwin' that out there! biggrin.gif

#49 dfammer

dfammer

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 11:44 PM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Jul 29 2010, 03:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Please remember no bashing.

That and also Tsunade is now available.

How is that bashing when the main character himself said she was weird? Give me a friggin break with the mother hen stuff,because if paraphrasing the actual manga is bashing than you are wayyy to over zealous in your basher hunting and should step back and get some perspective. If every negative comment is "bashing" than if you call Sakura violent,than thats bashing or if you call chogi(can't spell) fat that's bashing if you say Gai has funny bushy eyebrows than that's bashing...maybe you should go through the manga and list every negative word and action and list them as bashing...better yet you can go through the manga and use a black marker and blot out all the negative remarks,like when the goverment releashes papers through the "freedom of infromation act".

Edited by dfammer, 30 July 2010 - 12:03 AM.

#50 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 11:46 PM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Jul 29 2010, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I predict that we will see Sakura save Naruto in the same manner as Kushina stopped the kyuubi. Something involving her ferocious strength stopping something that would otherwise have killed him, with a pose similar to hers on pages 9-10.

The precedent is there with Naruto saving her from Sasuke and Minato saving Naruto from Madara.

Just throwin' that out there! biggrin.gif

huh.gif Didn't they both get stabbed through the stomach by a giant demon fox's claw though? Or are you just stating the theory she'll deflect something in front of him.

Edited by Insurrection, 29 July 2010 - 11:47 PM.

#51 MelisaArtemis

MelisaArtemis

*Meow*

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Interests:my boyfriend,Narusaku,Ragnarok, Narusaku, Digimon 03, Narusaku fics, Games. have I mention Narusaku?

Posted 30 July 2010 - 12:12 AM

QUOTE (Insurrection @ Jul 30 2010, 09:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
huh.gif Didn't they both get stabbed through the stomach by a giant demon fox's claw though? Or are you just stating the theory she'll deflect something in front of him.

I think he's talking about Sakura holding down the Kyuubi like Kushina did with her chakra (And Naruto preparing Futon: Rasen Shuriken for epic kickbutt) heheelq7.png

Edited by MelisaArtemis, 30 July 2010 - 12:13 AM.

#52 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 12:15 AM

QUOTE (Insurrection @ Jul 29 2010, 07:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Y'know, I looked at it several times and wasn't 100% sure how she stopped him. I was thinking she grabbed it as it went past her side. Minato was locked to his spot by the demon seal. Eh, could be wrong!

Whichever way though, I was just opining that it would be cool if Sakura was illustrated later on as Kushina was here: saving her man/men. It would be a twist on the foreshadowing of Naruto-saving-Sakura and Minato-saving-Naruto illustrations. The men of one generation saving their loved ones, then to have it flipped where Sakura acted the same as her, just as Kushina's foreshadowing it. (Sorry if I'm over-explaining myself.)

edit: changing my mind again. On page 11 it does look like it goes through them both. Ouch.

Edited by tricksie, 30 July 2010 - 01:14 AM.

#53 dokueki(venom)

dokueki(venom)

Winnie_Kay

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 12:28 AM

This was such a good chapter. I love every moment of it. It was really sad like everyone said. I will miss Kushina. Go Naruto like everyone said your mom approves. Go get your Sakura! But back to serious talk. I can't wait for the next chapter. We are out of the flashback and ready for Naruto's final stage in controlling the Nine Tail.

#54 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,842 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 30 July 2010 - 01:12 AM

The moment I saw Kushina saying her final words to her son and the tears was flowing for her eyes, the waterworks came to me... shamefulcry0js.gif shamefulcry0js.gif shamefulcry0js.gif

Kushina, you SHOULD be alive in the series!!! You will be one hell of a mom!!! I wished she should had hugged Naruto at the end of the chapter to make it more heartwarming and then disappear. A beautiful chapter, indeed.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#55 tosakuai

tosakuai

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Nature, Family, and learning about anything Japanese

Posted 30 July 2010 - 01:27 AM

I totally loved this chapter and like most everyone I cried. I think I've done that for the last thee chapter now. shamefulcry0js.gif shamefulcry0js.gif shamefulcry0js.gif But I had to laugh, through the tears, when Kushina said that it was the only argument that Minato ever won.

Ok, I'm all done with the tears. Yes, Hinata is a "weirdo" and Sakura is the closest thing to Kushina that Konoha has ever produced.

Now, on to some butt kickin' and I agree with the above statement that Guy gets a crack at Kisame. Besides, he still hasn't remembered Kisame's name, LOL.

#56 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Drawing
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 30 July 2010 - 01:27 AM

Even thought this chapter was short, it was very touching. I had moments were I thought I would cry, but didn't. Great to read what Kushina wanted for Naruto, and what the 4th said was funny. I really liked this chapter

sad_naruto_sig_by_mangafreak17-d81c8fy.p

Even if I'm not the one to make you happy

#57 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 02:31 AM

You know, I just had a thought. Maybe Hiruzen also heard Kushina's last words to Naruto and that's where he had a hard time with Naruto because he really wished to fulfill Kushina's last wishes for Naruto. Boy, now I understand why he's had a hard time. It must've been tough for him to educate Naruto the way Kushina expected him to be educated.

Edited by Newkerz, 30 July 2010 - 02:33 AM.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#58 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 02:52 AM

@dframmer, there's no need to blow a head gasket. it's was the manner you used it in that sound bashing to me, that's all.

Back on topic, i hope Naruto wakes up and sees Bee and Yamato defeated. I think it would be a great plot twist see Naruto testing out the full power and control of Kyuubi. happy.gif

Edited by Uzumakikage, 30 July 2010 - 03:34 AM.

#59 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 03:33 AM

Yes, as was said, a lot more emotional than I expected. And I understand Minato a little better now. As a father he didn't feel like the one to say lovely things to his son, even though he felt them, he would show his love through his actions. Okay, I can kinda see that now. I don't know if I feel cheated by the non-hug fade away. I always think it's weird in Naruto when people hug but the person getting hugged doesn't hug back. Is that just a Japanese thing? I liked the tragicness of these last few chapters, I feel they could've been done better, but now I'm excited, because of these last few chapters, and Naruto now learning of his parents how this changes the game and his aspirations from this point on.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#60 pizza_blade

pizza_blade

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 03:46 AM

The most beautiful panel of all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users