119 replies to this topic

#1 MakeMoneyEatRice

MakeMoneyEatRice

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:41 AM

I just found out that there isn't a topic about Doctor Who! Am I the only one that watches the show? P.S I ship Eleven/Clara sooo de hard (If you do watch the show you know what I'm talking about fu.png )

Do mind me being here...

#2 jworks

jworks

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:49 AM

YEAAAAAAH!

I just started the 7th season so I have yet to see Clara but I'm sure I will come to ship them biggrin.gif

#3 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:you

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:55 AM

Ten/Martha > everything

eileenbeautifulswan_zps46b60759.gif

#4 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:05 AM

Currently watching the new season enjoy docotors 9-11 veyr much =^__^=
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#5 MakeMoneyEatRice

MakeMoneyEatRice

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:16 AM

QUOTE (jworks @ Apr 10 2013, 05:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
YEAAAAAAH!

I just started the 7th season so I have yet to see Clara but I'm sure I will come to ship them biggrin.gif

If you do start to ship them, let me just warn you that you will have insane amount of feels.

Attached File  tumblr_majqpaoRj01r0livmo1_500.gif   223.22KB   2 downloads

Do mind me being here...

#6 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:22 PM

The Ninth Doctor is my Doctor. The Tenth a close second. Rose is my favourite companion, of course. If I'm allowed to be frank, I intensely dislike Martha and my first impression of Donna is that she is a tosser (so much so that I stopped watching Doctor Who for the time being- on her introduction episode is where I stopped, I believe). A whiny, forced-character tosser. Sarah Jane Smith, on the other hand, intrigues me as a character; she makes me want to watch the older series'.

#7 MakeMoneyEatRice

MakeMoneyEatRice

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:55 PM

QUOTE (Kamina-Yoshi @ Apr 10 2013, 05:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Ninth Doctor is my Doctor. The Tenth a close second. Rose is my favourite companion, of course. If I'm allowed to be frank, I intensely dislike Martha and my first impression of Donna is that she is a tosser (so much so that I stopped watching Doctor Who for the time being- on her introduction episode is where I stopped, I believe). A whiny, forced-character tosser. Sarah Jane Smith, on the other hand, intrigues me as a character; she makes me want to watch the older series.

In my opinion, Sarah Jane was probably one of the best companions the Doctor has ever had. R.I.P Elisabeth Sladen (It has been two years already) sad.gif

Do mind me being here...

#8 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:52 PM

QUOTE (Kamina-Yoshi @ Apr 10 2013, 11:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Ninth Doctor is my Doctor. The Tenth a close second. Rose is my favourite companion, of course. If I'm allowed to be frank, I intensely dislike Martha and my first impression of Donna is that she is a tosser (so much so that I stopped watching Doctor Who for the time being- on her introduction episode is where I stopped, I believe). A whiny, forced-character tosser. Sarah Jane Smith, on the other hand, intrigues me as a character; she makes me want to watch the older series'.

You missed out on her character development then. Agh, especially "Turn Left," and by "Journey's End" rolls around, she's proven herself quite well that her send-off was gut-wrenching. In my lowest common denominator opinion.

#9 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:22 PM

I'm sorry, but I can't bring myself to like Rose. She's just an intensely unlikable character to me.

#10 StrikerTheNoble

StrikerTheNoble

The guy who changes his obsesions way too often.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts
  • Interests:Winning the fanboy rivalry with FoolishYoungling

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:31 PM

QUOTE (KonaKonaFan @ Apr 10 2013, 10:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm sorry, but I can't bring myself to like Rose. She's just an intensely unlikable character to me.

Shes the Hinata of Dr. Who verse. But The Doctor actually cared about her.

tumblr_nb92ixykOu1s7xenwo1_400.gif

OTP: NaruSaku; Favorite crack pairing: NaruIno

Runner-ups:AstridxHiccup (How to train your dragon),SusanxReed, WallyxKuki (Kids next door);  AshxMisty; ThorxSif

#11 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:09 PM

QUOTE (KonaKonaFan @ Apr 10 2013, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sad.gif y u do dis.

Nah, I get why some people hate Rose. But I can't help liking her for the following reasons:

1: She's hot. Laying that on the table right now.
2: She was my first Companion, for my first Doctor.
3: It felt like she had a lot of staying-power with the Doctor in a relationship, and would go to the ends of Time to save him. Hell, it took alternate-dimensions to keep them apart, and THAT didn't even work!
4: It looked to me that she was the one woman the Doctor cared about as of late; it really broke his heart (or three) to see her go, but he was happy as long as she was safe and away from the danger that followed him.
5: We share names. My name is Tyler, and her last name is Tyler. You cannot deny my logic.

#12 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:00 AM

QUOTE (Kamina-Yoshi @ Apr 10 2013, 04:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sad.gif y u do dis.

Nah, I get why some people hate Rose. But I can't help liking her for the following reasons:

1: She's hot. Laying that on the table right now.
2: She was my first Companion, for my first Doctor.
3: It felt like she had a lot of staying-power with the Doctor in a relationship, and would go to the ends of Time to save him. Hell, it took alternate-dimensions to keep them apart, and THAT didn't even work!
4: It looked to me that she was the one woman the Doctor cared about as of late; it really broke his heart (or three) to see her go, but he was happy as long as she was safe and away from the danger that followed him.
5: We share names. My name is Tyler, and her last name is Tyler. You cannot deny my logic.

She's bangin', I'll give you that. Billie Piper is awesome. I was going to say something about her generally kitteny attitude and her treatment of Mickey, and then I looked at your fifth point and I realized that I was wrong this whole time. tongue.gif I actually got in an argument backstage today with some Rose fans. JEEZUS people love Rose. I'll just stay over here with Martha, then. (SHES HOT TOO OK)

#13 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:51 AM

Like many, I\'ve come to love the show through the relaunch series. My favorite used to be David Tennant, but Matt Smith is now my favorite of the relaunch Doctors. His Doctor is volatile, he can be silly, sad, and angry all in the span of five seconds and it all makes sense, it comes from somewhere and doesn\'t just seem random. I\'m working my way through the old doctors. I\'ve only gotten in a few of the first two doctors, and watched \'the three doctors\' movie special. Of those three so far, Patrick Troughton is my favorite. He\'s pretty funny.

As for the companions from the relaunch series, there\'ll always be a special place in my heart for Rose, but both the Ponds to me will always be the best. They were important without relying on being a romantic interest for the Doctor and were very well rounded characters with a lot of heart and could hold their own very well.

Martha was strong but the second they gave her feelings for the Doctor she was doomed.

I don\'t understand the love for Donna Noble... I found her extremely annoying.

Clara... I\'m kind of bored of her right now, I don\'t know if it\'s because she\'s kind of just following him right now with no active adventure of her own, or if I\'m preparing myself incase her importance and reveal in Doctor Who is a let down.

I also want to add that everything after the Christmas special last year (everything in series 7 part 2) has been super boring to me. It feels stale.

Favorite episodes from the relaunch series (not in any order):

Midnight I really like this one because it\'s minimalistic and simple but horrifying. I also really like the tribal mentality that normally occurs in horror movies. Really creepy. And it completely takes the Doctor out of his element. No Tardis, no companion, no psychic paper, and leaves him with no level of control or authority.

Angels Take Manhattan (although the writing in this is kind of lazy) I don\'t understand why he can\'t see Amy or Rory again ... I know he can\'t go back to that year... but couldn\'t he go back to the year after?

Blink/ Time of Angels/Flesh and Stone I really like the Weeping Angels.

Doomsday Daleks vs Cybermen! Bring it! Not to mention Rose\'s \"death\". shamefulcry0js.gif

Journey\'s End Heartbreaks for all! Donna, no! Rose, no! Doctor, no!

The Impossible Astronaut What a way to open a new season! Wow. And \"River\'s Song\" is such a haunting number.

The Rebel Flesh/ the Almost People Really liked the what makes one human and worthy of being alive theme.

The Girl Who Waited Wow... what a sad sad saaaaad episode. Karen Gillan does such an amazing job in this episode.

Least favorite episodes:

Fear Her What a devastatingly boring episode... Completely underwhelming with no real sense of danger.

The Doctor\'s Daughter Kind of felt like filler for a show that didn\'t need filler.

A Good Man Goes to War There are a lot of bright spots in this, again Karen shines in this episode, but I\'m completely underwhelmed by the Doctor\'s \"rescue\" of Amy and her baby. The build up was so cool... and then nothing. I love Strax though. He\'s my favorite non-every-episode-character.

Edited by chouzu_tao, 22 April 2013 - 05:35 AM.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#14 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:09 AM

So loving Dr. Who and Game of Thrones right now.

I'm not caught up on Dr. Who yet. Still watching on netflix. Think I'm on the last season? But maybe one before it. I'm trying so hard not to stumble on any spoilers. "Spoil-ers!" laugh.gif But I completely see why people loooove this show. It's great.

#15 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:34 AM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Apr 21 2013, 11:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So loving Dr. Who and Game of Thrones right now.

I'm not caught up on Dr. Who yet. Still watching on netflix. Think I'm on the last season? But maybe one before it. I'm trying so hard not to stumble on any spoilers. "Spoil-ers!" laugh.gif But I completely see why people loooove this show. It's great.

Oops! Sorry. I should place my episode list in spoilers.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#16 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:15 PM

QUOTE (chouzu_tao @ Apr 22 2013, 01:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oops! Sorry. I should place my episode list in spoilers.

lol - it's okay, I sort of squint at the posts when I go through this thread! laugh.gif

#17 Saku-chan

Saku-chan

Strudel Mistress

• ANBU
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:39 PM

I really like NinexRose. A lot. Even as just friends. They get along really well.
I like Martha as a character, but I don't like how she fell in love with the doctor. (Seriously, does every companion have to do this?) I don't really like how she was paired up with Mickey though. That was so odd.
I liked Donna because she was a relief from all the romance companions. Also her grandpa is awesome. He is the best companion even though he only traveled with the doctor a little bit.
I liked Amy in the beginning, but oh my gosh her and Rory and the love triangle... just no. That was so annoying to me.
I'm liking Clara so far. smile.gif Finally a companion who's better at technology than the doctor! (At least in the reboot. I don't know if there's been such a companion in Old Who.)

I want to watch Old Who, but I watched the first four eps with the Aztecs and laughed at everything. It was so corny. XD I don't really have time to marathon that right now.
tumblr_np7x15rJxi1qafgx9o1_500.gif

#18 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:59 AM

QUOTE (Saku-chan @ Apr 22 2013, 11:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really like NinexRose. A lot. Even as just friends. They get along really well. Agreed
I like Martha as a character, but I don't like how she fell in love with the doctor. SUPER AGREED(Seriously, does every companion have to do this?) I don't really like how she was paired up with Mickey though. That was so odd.
I liked Donna because she was a relief from all the romance companions. Liked this about Donna's character but didn't like her as a person

Also her grandpa is awesome. He is super awesome! I can't believe I forgot about him. His bit with Ten while he's in the glass case with radiation... oh my, sad.

I liked Amy in the beginning, but oh my gosh her and Rory and the love triangle... just no. That was so annoying to me.

This was really only the case until "Amy's Choice" seven episodes into her becoming a companion. Anything else is just oddness between Karen and Matt in real life (more coming from Matt).

I want to watch Old Who, but I watched the first four eps with the Aztecs and laughed at everything. It was so corny. XD I don't really have time to marathon that right now.

I think the original Doctor series is kind of like Citizen Kane, it's super important historically, but isn't as powerful as it was when it first came out. I personally loved the flubbed lines in the First Doctor, that were kept in simply because they didn't have the budget to reshoot scenes. tongue.gif

So to those caught up: What is Clara? Her becoming a "D" is fixed, if I'm not mistaken. Somehow she's scattered throughout time? Maybe we find out what the answer is to the first question and she has to sacrifice herself in order to restore order?

I don't think she'll be River Song as I've read some specs somewhere about it.

Edited by chouzu_tao, 23 April 2013 - 02:00 AM.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#19 MakeMoneyEatRice

MakeMoneyEatRice

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:26 PM

QUOTE (chouzu_tao @ Apr 23 2013, 02:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So to those caught up: What is Clara? Her becoming a "D" is fixed, if I'm not mistaken. Somehow she's scattered throughout time? Maybe we find out what the answer is to the first question and she has to sacrifice herself in order to restore order?

I don't think she'll be River Song as I've read some specs somewhere about it.

My theory about Clara is that she's a perfectly ordinary human girl. Who has been scattered across time lines in order to save the Doctor's life and the consequence is that in each time line she would have to die after she has succeeded saving the Doctor's life. Wow, that sounds really fanfiction-y.

Do mind me being here...

#20 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:42 PM

QUOTE (MakeMoneyEatRice @ Apr 24 2013, 01:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My theory about Clara is that she's a perfectly ordinary human girl. Who has been scattered across time lines in order to save the Doctor's life and the consequence is that in each time line she would have to die after she has succeeded saving the Doctor's life. Wow, that sounds really fanfiction-y.

Lots of stuff in Doctor Who sounds fanfictiony.... Just look at everything about River Song. XD

Well, Moffat IS a huge Doctor Who fan before he got the show runner/producer role, so he's practically making it so his own theories (in another person, we'd call them fanfiction) a reality.

Another example, aside from River, is that Moffat thought that we get the word 'Doctor' from...er, The Doctor, which River stated was true, or postulated.

"Doctor. The word for healer and wise man.... We get that from you, you know."

The Moff's living a fanboy dream....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users