92 replies to this topic

#41 Dkey

Dkey

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:34 AM

its still valid. lets assume byakuguo is a family of jutsus something like the number of variations of rasengan. we see tsunade using byakuguo even thou she is at the end of her powers. if byakuguo really affected the cell division then shouldn't tsunade be in bigger trouble

#42 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:39 AM

Interesting thought. Did you notice how Katsuyu mentioned that its ability to restore others is linked to Tsunade's jutsu/seal? From what's gathered of other instances where it was summoned healing was manageable, for itself; or least a form of self-preservation. What technique exists (by itself) that is capable of healing its user automatically yet has no known feats of tending to the damages suffered by others? That would be Sage Mode or senjutsu. A senjutsu user was stated to be capable of self-restoration. 

It may be that Katsuyu, whilst being able to heal itself, can't do so for others because of the nature of its powers. Or at least not on the same scale as Tsunade's jutsu. The Byakugou is undoubtedly an inspiration of the slugs. Whether it's just a distributable  version of their healing properties has yet to be confirmed though. 

Well to me it was a bit of a shock to see that actually Katsuyu has healing capabilities. I always thought that it was done via Tsunade, you know. Or Sakura, since she can do it now. But when these chapters appeared it seemed like she is capable of healing other by herself as well, the only thing is that it's more powerful or less powerful depending on the situation.

So as you said, she could not heal others at the same capacity as when she does with either Sakura or Tsunade's help because of the self-regenerative capabilities that are similar to senjutsu.

But that makes me wonder... doesn't this open a portal to a Senjutsu training for the users that come in contact? Why hasn't Tsunade used it by now? I see it as an opening for Sakura to master it if she could somehow achieve Katsuyu's properties but that only makes one wonder why hasn't Tsunade do it by now....

This really is getting confusing... O_o

its still valid. lets assume byakuguo is a family of jutsus something like the number of variations of rasengan. we see tsunade using byakuguo even thou she is at the end of her powers. if byakuguo really affected the cell division then shouldn't tsunade be in bigger trouble

Well we never saw an explanation of what exactly are the drawbacks of Byakugo jutsu. We could only suspect it has the same ones as Sozo Saisei given its name.

Ninpō Sōzō Saisei no Byakugō no Jutsu o kiwameshi iryō ninja nomi, jōki no okite o haki dekiru.

And from the translation it says "Only those medic ninja who have mastered the Strength of a Hundred Technique of the ninja art Creation Rebirth are permitted to discard the above-mentioned laws."

Sorry for the copy paste.

It would seem that Strength of a Hundred is part of Creation Rebirth....

Edited by Chatte, 05 September 2013 - 10:44 AM.

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#43 morgaine4

morgaine4

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:47 AM

I always wondered if Tsunade used the "look younger" jutsu because of advanced aging because of her seal?  (When was Tsunade first seen with the seal, does anyone know?  If I remember correcrtly, she didn't have it during the battle against Hanzo).

There are so many things Kishimoto coud do, I question if he'll take any of these routes.  For instance, he could easily make it so that Sakura doesn't have to worry about the Hayflick Limit by having her discover a way to actually repair herself at a cellular level in such a way that she literally reverses damage (while Tsunade's jutsu increases the speed at which her body heals).  I kind of hate this possibility (like, how does one reverse cellular damage), but I could see Kishi going this route and having it connect to her precise chakra control?

#44 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:51 AM

An idea just popped in my mind. What if, Byakugo no Jutsu is actually a jutsu that doesn't have the drawbacks of Sozo Saisei? An upgraded form to say like that, in which the drawbacks are excluded...
Because if we compare, Sozo Saisei needed to be activated by Tsunade's command as in, she had to form seals but with Byakugo, it's instant regeneration. And Tsunade looks like that because she used Sozo Saisei too many times.

They could both be from the Creation Rebirt Arts however, one of them is let's say better?

Edited by Chatte, 05 September 2013 - 10:52 AM.

#45 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:52 AM

Katsuyu can heal, we know that. During the Invasion of Pain arc it didn't heal but we witnessed Tsunade remotely connecting her seal's chakra and jutsu with Katsuyu. Even at that time the reader was able to discern a level of compatibility that existed with healing ninjutsu. In a way that's similar to the relationship Jiraiya had with the frog sages when he fused with them. Their techniques became his own and they functioned together when encountering a dangerous situation. 

I suppose it does, yes. However, it may only be possible with Katsuyu fused with Sakura. The slugs' bodily resilience and self-healing abilities could potentially give her the means to learn senjutsu. As for Tsunade... Well she had retired from medical duties for decades after Dan died. It's reasonable to believe that this included any and all forms of training as well. Maybe she lost the willpower to continue training with slugs after learning how to connect her healing jutsu with Katsuyu; that would have preceded her leaving Konoha. Determination is a characteristic needed for sage training. 

Edited by Atheck, 05 September 2013 - 10:53 AM.

#46 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:55 AM

And just another idea popped my mind. So as we know, Sozo Saisei doesn't regenerate old cells, it gives birth to new ones by cell duplication. But what if Sakura managed to actually regenerate her old cells so this way, she won't have to worry about the drawbacks of cell division? Does it makes sense?

@Atheck

Yeah, you are right, I forgot about that aspect with the fusion. And true, it seemed that way... we know that Tsunade lost a lot of will power after Dan's death.

#47 morgaine4

morgaine4

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:55 AM

An idea just popped in my mind. What if, Byakugo no Jutsu is actually a jutsu that doesn't have the drawbacks of Sozo Saisei? An upgraded form to say like that, in which the drawbacks are excluded...
Because if we compare, Sozo Saisei needed to be activated by Tsunade's command as in, she had to form seals but with Byakugo, it's instant regeneration. And Tsunade looks like that because she used Sozo Saisei too many times so that's why she looks like that...

Hmm, maybe.  One thing that always caught my eye, is why was Sakura using advanced healing on members of the alliance if that would shorten their lifespan?

That's what I assumed about her "look younger" jutsu, but it seemed as if she developed the seal after she left Konoha (I might be misremembering her explanation, and to whom she was speaking), so I question how many times she'd have had to use Sozo Saise.

I suppose it does, yes. However, it may only be possible with Katsuyu fused with Sakura. The slugs' bodily resilience and self-healing abilities could potentially give her the means to learn senjutsu. As for Tsunade... Well she had retired from medical duties for decades after Dan died. It's reasonable to believe that this included any and all forms of training as well. Maybe she lost the willpower to continue training with slugs after learning how to connect her healing jutsu with Katsuyu; that would have preceded her leaving Konoha. Determination is a characteristic needed for sage training. 

I'd forgotten about that (that determination is needed for sage training).  I guess it offers an explanation as to why Sakura would have a form of sage mode, while Tsunade does not (with Sakura using her seal to gain extra chakra, while also fusing with Katsuyu).  We shall see, we shall see.  I do believe we will see Slug Sage Mode, I'm just not sure who'll showcase it (Hashirama vs Sakura).

Edited by morgaine4, 05 September 2013 - 10:59 AM.

#48 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:58 AM

Hmm, maybe.  One thing that always caught my eye, is why was Sakura using advanced healing on members of the alliance if that would shorten their lifespan?

That's what I assumed about her "look younger" jutsu, but it seemed as if she developed the seal after she left Konoha (I might be misremembering her explanation, and to whom she was speaking), so I question how many times she'd have had to use Sozo Saise.

True. That could potentially shorten her lifespan. However let's say because she has enough chakra after storing it for 3 years.

As for Tsunade, we know that she didn't have it while she was with the Sannins. Orochimaru didn't knew about it when they met as he said that it seems he's not the only one developing new jutsus.
SO Tsunade developed at least, Sozo Saisei after leaving Konoha.

But my guess now is that Sakura could possibly be able to regenerate her own cells so she won't have to worry about the drawbacks. I remember when Tsunade said about that even her medical ninjutsu couldn't heal Naruto's wounds after Rasenshuriken's usage because of the damage the cells take.
And afterwards, funny enough we saw Sakura healing him. Of course, in the meantime he learned Senjutsu and managed to take back the drawbacks of using Rasenshuriken.
But even since then, I wondered if that line of Tsunade's was meant to be there to show that one day, Sakura will be the one to surpass Tsunade's healing capabiltiies.

Edited by Chatte, 05 September 2013 - 11:00 AM.

#49 morgaine4

morgaine4

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 11:13 AM

True. That could potentially shorten her lifespan. However let's say because she has enough chakra after storing it for 3 years.

As for Tsunade, we know that she didn't have it while she was with the Sannins. Orochimaru didn't knew about it when they met as he said that it seems he's not the only one developing new jutsus.
SO Tsunade developed at least, Sozo Saisei after leaving Konoha.

But my guess now is that Sakura could possibly be able to regenerate her own cells so she won't have to worry about the drawbacks. I remember when Tsunade said about that even her medical ninjutsu couldn't heal Naruto's wounds after Rasenshuriken's usage because of the damage the cells take.
And afterwards, funny enough we saw Sakura healing him. Of course, in the meantime he learned Senjutsu and managed to take back the drawbacks of using Rasenshuriken.
But even since then, I wondered if that line of Tsunade's was meant to be there to show that one day, Sakura will be the one to surpass Tsunade's healing capabiltiies.

I don't think that that would shorten Sakura's lifespan, but that by using such healing on others she could be shortening their lifespan, and she seemed to be using the technique on them without their informed consent which seems pretty unethical even if used during war.

Ahh, so I did remember Tsunade's explanation correctly.  I wasn't sure.

Yeah, maybe Sakura will be shown to have a jutsu that can literally reverse damage rather than rapidly healing it.

#50 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 11:24 AM

I don't think that that would shorten Sakura's lifespan, but that by using such healing on others she could be shortening their lifespan, and she seemed to be using the technique on them without their informed consent which seems pretty unethical even if used during war.

Ahh, so I did remember Tsunade's explanation correctly.  I wasn't sure.

Yeah, maybe Sakura will be shown to have a jutsu that can literally reverse damage rather than rapidly healing it.

Oh, sorry, I thought you meant her lifespan.

I am (almost) sure that if it's an opening of surpassing Tsunade in the medical field is by being able to regenerate her cells, thus making her as well virtually immortal. Tsunade can do the regeneration of her limbs and such by making the cells divide so it gives life to new ones, meaning new undamaged cells.

But if Sakura, somehow, would be able to regenerate her own cells, this way, as I said, she won't need to worry about the drawbacks. All she'd need is jutsu chakra to be able to heal them. And well, rapidly healing is reversing the damage.

It's like it was shown when she was healing that dead fish, if I remember correctly. She brough it back to life, so to speak. Can't remember if it was from the manga as well or just in the anime.

Basically, by healing her own cells would be somehow similar to Katsuyus self regeneration. One aspect is splitting herself, which seems similar to Tsunade's dividing cells, but at the same time, as it was seen, when Katsuyu takes damage, she is just healing herself normally, not by splitting, which could be linked to a potential Sakura aspect.

Dunno, to be honest, this is the only way I see her not suffering from the drawbacks of Sozo Saisei. Instead of using cell division to give birth to new ones, heal the ones that were damaged to the point they look like new cells, so to speak, so she won't have to worry about shortening her lifespan as her cells stay intact, they don't divide leading to shorter lifespan.

#51 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 11:59 AM

Sage mode, that's the only way I see it. And if hashirama sm indeed slug, than it safe to assume that ssm is defense oriented, while snake is mobility and environment manipulation, frog ? Balanced and offensive oriented.

#52 megi

megi

Resident Gardener

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:15 PM

Well I already knew it strange that there were two "Byakugou" in the volumes, so the change makes sense, I just really wished they were different haha.

As for that panel I had the feeling that it was linked to Byakugo jutsu at first because of the kanji. This was a chapter that appeared after the time the seal was written as 白毫 so I believed it to be Tsuna's jutsu. But wouldn't it make sense if Katsuyu was referring to the seal? I'm beginning to this the slugs being tied to the power of the
百豪 is speaking about the power of the link between the slugs and the seal...but I would like some other opinions before making up my mind.

tumblr_n17tev6vc61t0ss41o1_500.jpg

"You've got the need. You've got the dream" 絆ってなんだ?

GNS for life

#53 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:34 PM

Yeah I think that actually Byakugo is linked to the Slugs... Something similar to how Atheck said about Jiraiya and the toads...

#54 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:38 PM

So, Mito was correlated with slugs?

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#55 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:46 PM

Might be. I always thought that if we have a Slug Princess, we must have a Queen, you know...

#56 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:48 PM

Seems possible to me. Maybe that's where Hashirama learns sage? It's not that unlikely because Madara knows Mito so she must be introduced before the the VotE event. It's hard to puzzle in until we get more from the past. I wonder why we don't get to see Hashirama's sage mode in action. It's only used for power boost, but I'll wait. The waiting is all we have been doing for the past volume. Thank you, Minato and Naruto. Not really blaming them, but perhaps things will change once this volume is over.

#57 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:52 PM

Seems possible to me. Maybe that's where Hashirama learns sage? It's not that unlikely because Madara knows Mito so she must be introduced before the the VotE event. It's hard to puzzle in until we get more from the past. I wonder why we don't get to see Hashirama's sage mode in action. It's only used for power boost, but I'll wait. The waiting is all we have been doing for the past volume. Thank you, Minato and Naruto. Not really blaming them, but perhaps things will change once this volume is over.

To be honest I always thought that Hashi kinda got it from Mito... I mean, same as Minato... he learned fuiinjutsu from his wife. Same could be applied to Hashirama.

#58 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:14 PM

To be honest I always thought that Hashi kinda got it from Mito... I mean, same as Minato... he learned fuiinjutsu from his wife. Same could be applied to Hashirama.

It's possible. The latest chapter established the importance and idea of Heaven and Earth that one can learn from each other and perhaps help together. That said well we have to wait and see. I hope things will get clear in the next volume since this volume will be busy with trying to stop the plan.

#59 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:19 PM

It's possible. The latest chapter established the importance and idea of Heaven and Earth that one can learn from each other and perhaps help together. That said well we have to wait and see. I hope things will get clear in the next volume since this volume will be busy with trying to stop the plan.

I wonder for what big plan/event Kishi is keeping Sakura at bay and doesn't showcase the possibilities with her seal...

#60 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:28 PM

I wonder for what big plan/event Kishi is keeping Sakura at bay and doesn't showcase the possibilities with her seal...

If the volume that we're in was about the final showdown, then I would know that it would be nothing unless next arc happens. Right now, there's still a chance, so we got to be a little more patient and see where this is all go. I guess this is where Kishi likes to do: torture us with waiting.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sakura Haruno, Byakugou, Byakugou Seal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users