303 replies to this topic

#21 megi

megi

Resident Gardener

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:55 PM

are you sure? Because from this raw, http://raw.narutover.../narutoverse02/   I can see clearly that the real name of her technique is "白豪", not 白毫

you are right, I didn't see it clearly, but the pronunciation should still be same!

The Kanji should mean  WHITE STRENGTH

Edited by megi, 30 May 2013 - 03:55 PM.

tumblr_n17tev6vc61t0ss41o1_500.jpg

"You've got the need. You've got the dream" 絆ってなんだ?

GNS for life

#22 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:59 PM

are you sure? Because from this raw, http://raw.narutover.../narutoverse02/ I can see clearly that the real name of her technique is "白豪", not 白毫

I wasn't talking about the kanji that represents Sakura's jutsu. I was talking about the kanji that represents the "third eye", which Megi stated. 

The kanji that represents "third eye" is 白毫.

The kanji that represents Tsunade's attack is 白豪.

Right now, I don't know the kanji that represents Sakura's seal. (I can't click the link you just posted :sweatdrop:

Edited by ramenanmitsu, 30 May 2013 - 03:00 PM.

268702-181926-kaworu-nagisa.jpg

#23 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:59 PM

My theory: Kishi is a sadistic a-hole that get off on confusing the heck out of his readers. :chuckle:

LOL He would throw Sakura's jutsu out there and mindscrew us because clearly, if all it takes is a seal to do all of what she just did, then don't let her release the damn thing.  :hehehe:

#24 Dkey

Dkey

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:00 PM

Can't really help about the name, but I agree with the theory that her actions in this chapter were separate of what the seal could do. And for 3 years she stored chakra to make that seal but now that the seal is filled with chakra she no longer needs to worry about it.

So in a way we didn't get to see any "new" power.

#25 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:06 PM

Can't really help about the name, but I agree with the theory that her actions in this chapter were separate of what the seal could do. And for 3 years she stored chakra to make that seal but now that the seal is filled with chakra she no longer needs to worry about it.

So in a way we didn't get to see any "new" power.

Indeed. We saw her "true power" which is just her current powers enhanced. It's actually pretty crazy that she was possibly capable of this all along...

#26 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:08 PM

So what it's confirmed by now it's that

1. Sakura's forehead thingie is a seal and it's not the Yin one.

2. She needed 3 years to gather all the chakra.

3. It boosted her stamina, strength and speed.

As we all presume, the seal is here to stay. And I will try to clarify why, later on.

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#27 megi

megi

Resident Gardener

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

I wasn't talking about the kanji that represents Sakura's jutsu. I was talking about the kanji that represents the "third eye", which Megi stated. 

The kanji that represents "third eye" is 白毫.

The kanji that represents Tsunade's attack is 白豪.

Right now, I don't know the kanji that represents Sakura's seal. (I can't click the link you just posted :sweatdrop:

Actually, that is not Tsunade's attack's kanji, that is Sakura's seal Kanji! 

Tsunade's kanji is 百豪

Anyways, Sakura's seal is different from Tsunade's. I believe Tsunade has the Yin seal. 

But 白豪 (Sakura's seal) has the kanji "white" in it.

Since Yang = Sun and Yin = Shade; Yang = White and Yin = Black.

This is what I see. Her abilities may be different then what we have seen with Tsunade.

tumblr_n17tev6vc61t0ss41o1_500.jpg

"You've got the need. You've got the dream" 絆ってなんだ?

GNS for life

#28 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

I don't know but I get the feeling that Sakura's increase in power has to do with something about her seal. I don't think she had the power to do so much devastation from the beginning of Part 2.

It feels weird that Sakura would sacrifice her strength during the battle of Sasori which had very big possibilities of killing her.

For me either Sakura's seal helped her enhance her strength or after the battle of Sasori she trained off screen to increase her strength. I can't get around her having had that much power all along. Something doesn't feel right about it.

#29 Dkey

Dkey

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Indeed. We saw her "true power" which is just her current powers enhanced. It's actually pretty crazy that she was possibly capable of this all along...

Crazy but plausible.

Let's say chakra would be measured in litters, then if she could the damage she did with 0,5 litters right now she did damage with 1 litter of chakra.

#30 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:20 PM

I don't know but I get the feeling that Sakura's increase in power has to do with something about her seal. I don't think she had the power to do so much devastation from the beginning of Part 2.

It feels weird that Sakura would sacrifice her strength during the battle of Sasori which had very big possibilities of killing her.

For me either Sakura's seal helped her enhance her strength or after the battle of Sasori she trained off screen to increase her strength. I can't get around her having had that much power all along. Something doesn't feel right about it.

That's a possibility also. I mean, it'd be kind of strange if she only trained at gaining the seal and nothing else. It's also possible that she can increase the output of chakra in her punches? I mean really, is there a limit to how much one can push out when it comes to chakra enhanced strength? 

As for the seal during the Sasori fight, I think she was using her chakra more cautiously in that fight, and lets not forget, she probably couldn't tap into her reserves at the time because her seal wasn't complete then. 

#31 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

Keeping the promise

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, NaruSaku, Guilty Gear, Blazblue, Love Hina, Full Metal Panic!, The Legend of Zelda, League of Legends, videogames and anime in general.

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:28 PM

As we all presume, the seal is here to stay. And I will try to clarify why, later on.

I'm not sure about the 3rd point, though. My belief is that she had this strength all along. How can I put it...

In my opinion, all this time she has been fighting with 50-75% of her potential because she has been distributing her chakra all along. I'm not sure if this makes sense, but let me put it this way:

Think of this as a savings account: Let's say you want to gather $10,000 in the span of three years. During these three years, you won't be able to use the whole paycheck for yourself because you're always storing part of it into your savings account. Even so, you're still earning your full paycheck.

Finally, after three years of self-discipline, not only do you manage to save the $10,000, but now you can use the full paycheck to do what you want to do.

That's my take on Sakura's seal. Not only she has a bank of chakra on that seal that she can unleash whenever she wants, but now that she is not distributing chakra to form that seal, she can use her full potential in fights.

I hope I made sense here. XD

#32 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:30 PM

Actually, that is not Tsunade's attack's kanji, that is Sakura's seal Kanji! 

Tsunade's kanji is 百豪

Anyways, Sakura's seal is different from Tsunade's. I believe Tsunade has the Yin seal. 

But 白豪 (Sakura's seal) has the kanji "white" in it.

Since Yang = Sun and Yin = Shade; Yang = White and Yin = Black.

This is what I see. Her abilities may be different then what we have seen with Tsunade.

Oops! I typed "白" instead of "百"  :P Thanks for clearing! 

And yeah, I agree. The name is different so it's probably an altered version. 

Are there any mythological reference regarding Tsunade's 百豪?

#33 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:31 PM

That's a possibility also. I mean, it'd be kind of strange if she only trained at gaining the seal and nothing else. It's also possible that she can increase the output of chakra in her punches? I mean really, is there a limit to how much one can push out when it comes to chakra enhanced strength? 

As for the seal during the Sasori fight, I think she was using her chakra more cautiously in that fight, and lets not forget, she probably couldn't tap into her reserves at the time because her seal wasn't complete then. 

The way I see it is that her normal enhanced strength is the one she used during the Sasori fight. That's as much as she can normally use, but thanks to finally forming the seal she can start utilizing that huge chakra reserve on it in order to cause the devastation she did.

The reason she has more power now is because she has increased her level of chakra by saving it into a seal. If she had never saved chakra into the seal her strength would be smaller since her chakra reserves would've never increased.

Don't know if that makes sense.

#34 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:38 PM

The way I see it is that her normal enhanced strength is the one she used during the Sasori fight. That's as much as she can normally use, but thanks to finally forming the seal she can start utilizing that huge chakra reserve on it in order to cause the devastation she did.

The reason she has more power now is because she has increased her level of chakra by saving it into a seal. If she had never saved chakra into the seal her strength would be smaller since her chakra reserves would've never increased.

Don't know if that makes sense.

So you're basically saying more chakra, more power? 

And since she's not using some of this chakra on her appearance, her punches become even more powerful? 

#35 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:39 PM

Hmm? I don't agree with the bolded. 

My opinion on this matter. 

The appearance of the seal only indicated that she has reserved enough chakra so that she can release it any time. Meaning that she doesn't have to reserve chakra anymore and can use her base ability 100%. 

I will explain this using dragon ball LOL.

Remember Goku training in a heavy gravity environment called "Kaiousei"?

Because the gravity is so heavy, he's severely handicapped and his moves are less powerful, his speed are more slow. 

THIS is what Sakura has been going through all these 3 years. Basically she had to reserve her chakra so she can't use her full capacity. Therefore slowing her speed, and lessening her attack powers. 

Now, remember how Goku returned on earth?

His speed and power has increased tenfold because there is nothing holding him down. Earth has basically no gravity compared with Kaisousei. 

THIS is what happened to Sakura when her seal has appeared. She doesn't need to reserve her chakra anymore. Therefore nothing is holding her down. She can use her capacity 100%. 

The point is Sakura hasn't turned Super-Saiyan(released her seal) yet, therefore it hasn't boosted her speed and stamina. The speed and stamina looked like it was boosted only because her previous situation was handicapped. 

This is my take on the matter. And I agree with what the Japanese forums are saying that she was only fighting with a part of her chakra reserves for three years. 

Edited by ramenanmitsu, 30 May 2013 - 03:44 PM.

#36 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:40 PM

I'm not sure about the 3rd point, though. My belief is that she had this strength all along. How can I put it...

I know what you mean but I don't think that's the case. It would've been very irresponsible for Sakura to hold herself back in the battle against Sasori if that was the case. She almost died in that battle and remember that it's the duty of a medic nin to survive at all costs.

I think that what Sakura's seal did was create further potential in her. Because she saved up chakra she made her body contain larger amounts of chakra that could increase her power, but that extra power would not be able to be tapped until her seal was complete.

#37 coolcatjas

coolcatjas

Lvl.70 ブレイバー

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Interests:Basic stuff like anime, manga, drawing, reading, movies, ect..

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:51 PM

the funny thing is that not only Mangapanda did called as "Hyakugou" but even Mangastream. So it 100% possible that on the raw this seal is called by Kishimoto as "Hyakugou" thanks to furigana.

that is my theory too. The furigana for the kanji is "hyakugou" and that's why its translated like that. But the on'yomi for 白 is Haku and Byaku... maybe it's a combination of both?

swi1pKF.png
Image drawn by me :D

Tumblr Account Pony Account

#38 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:53 PM

@ramenanmitsu

I get what you mean by using Goku as an example, but it still feels odd that she could maybe have that much punch all along. Something feels off about that.

I think she's just stronger now because finally forming her seal causes her to tap into her newly formed chakra reserves. Let's up it this way:

Sakura's original chakra levels are of 10. She trains to form her seal which will increase her chakra levels up to 50, but she can only go to 50 once the seal is complete. If it's not complete Sakura will still have her normal level of 10. If her seal disappears her chakra levels go down to 10 once again.

And depending on which chakra level she has she can punch with more devastating power.

#39 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:54 PM

or just maybe both Mangapanda and Mangastream just failed lol...

Better to give a look to the raw when it'll be available.

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#40 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:58 PM

I know what you mean but I don't think that's the case. It would've been very irresponsible for Sakura to hold herself back in the battle against Sasori if that was the case. She almost died in that battle and remember that it's the duty of a medic nin to survive at all costs.

I think that what Sakura's seal did was create further potential in her. Because she saved up chakra she made her body contain larger amounts of chakra that could increase her power, but that extra power would not be able to be tapped until her seal was complete.

I understand what you mean, but considering this is Kishi we're talking about, I wouldn't put it past him. 

-The sannin fight. Why hasn't Jiraiya used the sage mode? 

-The chuunin exams. Why hasn't Naruto used the kuchiyose no jutsu? It would've been an easy win.

-The Two Hokages vs Sarutobi. Why hasn't Hashirama used the sage mode?

I think what these fights have in common is that these characters have an even bigger battle coming up. Therefore they don't get the merit of showcasing all their abilities when they should. I could probably think of more but I'm tired now...bleh....

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sakura haruno, byakugo, hyakugo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users