kidNinja

Ruining your life since 1992

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:30 AM

QUOTE (Poison_In_Your_Coffee @ Dec 29 2012, 07:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not much. Your point being?

Point being, Sasuke paid her ONE and I mean ONE compliment HOWEVER, it was also TO HIS OWN BENEFIT. He knew Sakura was a genjutsu type and he sweet-talked her into doing her job of figuring out where to go. WHat I mean by what have you done for me lately, is what has Sasuke done recently regarding SS aside from trying to kill Sakura? (That's a rhetorical question, we all know the answer to that)
NaruSaku...we believe in logic NOT fanfiction

Check out my story, Chain Reaction: Iron Revolution here

#7422 Poison_In_Your_Coffee

Poison_In_Your_Coffee

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:32 AM

QUOTE (kidNinja @ Dec 30 2012, 02:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Point being, Sasuke paid her ONE and I mean ONE compliment HOWEVER, it was also TO HIS OWN BENEFIT. He knew Sakura was a genjutsu type and he sweet-talked her into doing her job of figuring out where to go. WHat I mean by what have you done for me lately, is what has Sasuke done recently regarding SS aside from trying to kill Sakura? (That's a rhetorical question, we all know the answer to that)

The claim was that Sasuke never made her feel good. I countered that with evidence from the manga itself. This is how we construct arguments and have a debate.

As for your question, I answered: not much. Clear, no?

Edited by Poison_In_Your_Coffee, 30 December 2012 - 01:33 AM.

The stars are fire.

#7423 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:33 AM

QUOTE (kidNinja @ Dec 30 2012, 02:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know how you feel BUT you misunderstood this person's post. They are saying it COULD have developed like that and made SS appealing and feasible.

And I'm saying it couldn't have happened. Naruto is the main character. His actions are more important than anyone else's in the manga. From establishing Sakura, the love interest and the girl who hated his guts in the beginning, to loving him, platonic or romantic is up to you, but god damn it is love nonetheless, which is a huge change. And from establishing Sasuke, the guy who considers himself to be superior to Naruto, to considering him as his equal and acknowledging that Naruto has become his closest friend. This show is called Naruto for a reason so pay more attention to his actions.

QUOTE (Poison_In_Your_Coffee @ Dec 30 2012, 02:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
luffyq1, you should have finished reading. She (?) comes to the same conclusion as you.

Didn't feel the need to bother.

Edited by luffyq1, 30 December 2012 - 01:35 AM.

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#7424 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:34 AM

QUOTE (swagosaurus @ Dec 29 2012, 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh, please god, not SS. sad.gif

I'm alright with NH being canon, but anything, ANYTHING but SS

NH being canon means SS dont forget that.

I'm not okay with the hero abandoning his wishes and his dreams.
One of the reasons why i ship NS is because i believe that a Man can too have the girl he loves, Naruto did everything for Sakura, his wishes on part 1 even with her proving to him that she loves sasuke he didnt give up and just make him train harder to impress her, become more stronger than sasuke, awakening hidden powers when she was in danger, cheer her up and etc..., it's painfull for me if he cant get up with Sakura.
Hinata did anything like that, she never put an effort to be with Naruto, she never think about becoming stronger than Neji or surpass anyone she just tried to kill herself two times for Naruto.

It's like everything he did was for nothing.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 30 December 2012 - 01:39 AM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#7425 Poison_In_Your_Coffee

Poison_In_Your_Coffee

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:36 AM

QUOTE (Dαrkrєrsŧ @ Dec 30 2012, 02:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
NH being canon means SS dont forget that.

NH happening gives SS better chances than NS happening, but it doesn't mean that SS will def. happen.
The stars are fire.

#7426 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:41 AM

I could have sworn Kishi said in an interview that he would at least make one pairing official. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by luffyq1, 30 December 2012 - 01:42 AM.

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#7427 swagosaurus

swagosaurus

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:15 AM

QUOTE (luffyq1 @ Dec 29 2012, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I could have sworn Kishi said in an interview that he would at least make one pairing official. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

He did.

I'm Swag. I'm a seventeen year old Canadian that hates everything.

#7428 Candleguy

Candleguy

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:40 AM

QUOTE (Poison_In_Your_Coffee @ Dec 29 2012, 08:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
NH happening gives SS better chances than NS happening.

You need a good argument to show that NH isn't still/has not been contingent on Sakura's feelings as the narrative path has seemingly been hinted.

Unless you a reasonable argument to establish that Naruto's feelings have been confirmed in the last chapter.

#7429 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:45 AM

to make us feel better :3 (i havent looked at the last 3 pages so i hope this wasn't posted or anything

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#7430 Poison_In_Your_Coffee

Poison_In_Your_Coffee

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:01 AM

QUOTE (Candleguy @ Dec 30 2012, 03:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You need a good argument to show that NH isn't still/has not been contingent on Sakura's feelings as the narrative path has seemingly been hinted.

Unless you a reasonable argument to establish that Naruto's feelings have been confirmed in the last chapter.

You know the argument: no mention of Naruto's feelings for Sakura in over a hundred chapters and he taking Hinata's hand and thanking her in ch 615.

Whether you consider that a good argument, *shrug*. I don't, but as far as hints go, IMO, it will do.

Edited by Poison_In_Your_Coffee, 30 December 2012 - 03:01 AM.

The stars are fire.

#7431 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:25 AM

QUOTE (Poison_In_Your_Coffee @ Dec 29 2012, 01:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, I guess I sort of see her as "just" one of Naruto's friends, as one of the standard characters you mentioned. I mean, she is a good and loyal friend, but Naruto has other good and loyal friends besides her. I have never seen NaruSaku bond as some extremely close and larger-than-life relationship, nor have I ever seen it as an epic friendship or love. I know that several NS shippers view it in this way, though. Personally I have never seen it this way. Hinata was the one who saw the potential in Naruto from the start. Maybe she is meant to be his true love because of this? And Sakura is "just" one of those friends of Naruto, just like Shikamaru, Gaara, Chouji etc. Chapter 573, IMO, made this same point: Hinata is the one who desires to be with Naruto, just she and him alone in a relationship. Sakura is the one happy to be just another friend of Naruto's who is there to support him.

If that's your opinion then it is what it is.

I honestly think that what you just said is an extremely wrong view of how the manga has developed Naruto's bonds with the characters, but you being wrong is my own personal opinion as well. I guess we just don't see things the same way.

To each their own interpretation, only Kishi knows for sure.

QUOTE (Poison_In_Your_Coffee @ Dec 29 2012, 02:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hinata is a good and loyal girl and has been supporting friend and is in love with Naruto. She would be very tempting opportunity for him. Naruto did, in a way, give Sakura up when he did promise to bring Sasuke back. That was Naruto willing to step aside and spend his life without Sakura's (romantic) love. Maybe Naruto has realized that Sakura is too deeply in love with Sasuke and Naruto will never have a chance with her. Sakura has endured so much and yet still loves Sasuke. Her feelings seem like steel. If Naruto realizes this, he might consider moving on. Now Hinata stands out to him, since she has come out of her shell. Naruto could be only just now noticing her, finally, truly, and maybe he likes what he sees. Or NS will be canon and recent NH is red herring. What do I know? tongue.gif

Naruto is a good and loyal boy and has been supporting friend and is in love with Sakura. He would be very tempting opportunity for her. tongue.gif

Bringing Sasuke back doesn't mean he gives up, he made the promise because he wants to make her happy. Naruto wants Sakura's love but until that happens he wants to do what makes her happy, and that meant promising to bring Sasuke.

#7432 kirabook

kirabook

Examiner

• ANBU
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:30 AM

In over 100 chapters, we didn't need confirmation again that Minato is Naruto's father, we didn't need confirmation that Minato loves Kushina, Kushina loves Minato, Jiraiya loves Tsunade, Obito loves Rin (though, that was within the last 100 chapters), that this is the world of Ninja's, that Tsunade is the Hokage, that Yamato and Anko have been captured, -insert a bajillion other things-

If you have any reading comprehension, which you do because you remember the few, rare, and nearly non-existent moments where Sasuke was ever nice to Sakura, then you shouldn't need a reminded every 5 chapters about who Naruto loves. Past Team 7's all have a similar parallel (and they all have their great differences as well, like Tsunade not like Oro like Sakura liked Sasuke, or Kakashi not ending up as messed up as Sasuke in end), the 'loser' of the group always crushes on the female of the group.

Naruto's love for Sakura and wanting to win her affections has always been one of the many subplots of the series. It's a part of his character, just like Obito's unrequited love for Rin (Look at where his love has brought us now), and Jiraiya's unrequited love for Tsunade.

If there's any parallel to accept, it would that one that has been repeated not once, or twice, but 3 times by the mangaka. Naruto loves Sakura, that is how Kishi has set it up the entire series and questioning it now is pointless.

Posted Image

Sig made by me though. XD

Check out my father and son Minato and Naruto group on FF.net
http://www.fanfictio..._No_Yaoi/74936/

#7433 swagosaurus

swagosaurus

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:54 AM

QUOTE (kirabook @ Dec 30 2012, 12:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In over 100 chapters, we didn't need confirmation again that Minato is Naruto's father, we didn't need confirmation that Minato loves Kushina, Kushina loves Minato, Jiraiya loves Tsunade, Obito loves Rin (though, that was within the last 100 chapters), that this is the world of Ninja's, that Tsunade is the Hokage, that Yamato and Anko have been captured, -insert a bajillion other things-

If you have any reading comprehension, which you do because you remember the few, rare, and nearly non-existent moments where Sasuke was ever nice to Sakura, then you shouldn't need a reminded every 5 chapters about who Naruto loves. Past Team 7's all have a similar parallel (and they all have their great differences as well, like Tsunade not like Oro like Sakura liked Sasuke, or Kakashi not ending up as messed up as Sasuke in end), the 'loser' of the group always crushes on the female of the group.

Naruto's love for Sakura and wanting to win her affections has always been one of the many subplots of the series. It's a part of his character, just like Obito's unrequited love for Rin (Look at where his love has brought us now), and Jiraiya's unrequited love for Tsunade.

If there's any parallel to accept, it would that one that has been repeated not once, or twice, but 3 times by the mangaka. Naruto loves Sakura, that is how Kishi has set it up the entire series and questioning it now is pointless.

That was a damn good post. Honestly, it's already been established he holds affection for Sakura that no one else has gotten. How can it even be debated that he doesn't love her when she's the only female in the series he's ever expressed romantic interest in?

Personally, I see 615 as Hinata's character finally coming to a close. I see her finally seeing Naruto loves Sakura later on, and pulling a Naruto by stepping back to allow him his happiness.

Edited by swagosaurus, 30 December 2012 - 03:57 AM.

I'm Swag. I'm a seventeen year old Canadian that hates everything.

#7434 HalfStarStudios

HalfStarStudios

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:04 AM

QUOTE (luffyq1 @ Dec 29 2012, 08:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Let me stop you right there and explain some things to you.

Everyone knows that Uchiha's show their love by murder attempts. Itachi loved his clan, killed them. Sasuke loved Itachi, killed him(technically). Sasuke was simply trying to show his love to Sakura in the Uchiha way. By trying to kill her. Come on, nothing says true love like a Chidori. Kakashi picked this up when he got the Sharingan. Hence why he touched Rins heart with his Chidori. This is why SasuSaku makes sense and will become canon. Dat true love man.

#7435 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:13 AM

QUOTE (HalfStarStudios @ Dec 30 2012, 04:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Everyone knows that Uchiha's show their love by murder attempts. Itachi loved his clan, killed them. Sasuke loved Itachi, killed him(technically). Sasuke was simply trying to show his love to Sakura in the Uchiha way. By trying to kill her. Come on, nothing says true love like a Chidori. Kakashi picked this up when he got the Sharingan. Hence why he touched Rins heart with his Chidori. This is why SasuSaku makes sense and will become canon. Dat true love man.

biggrin.gif

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#7436 Qia

Qia

Little Weasel

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • Interests:Too many to name

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:19 AM

QUOTE (HalfStarStudios @ Dec 29 2012, 11:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is this a serious post or? mellow.gif

single-cherry-blossom-tree-4k-high-quali

#7437 HalfStarStudios

HalfStarStudios

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:26 AM

QUOTE (Qia @ Dec 29 2012, 11:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is this a serious post or? mellow.gif

Of course not. xD

#7438 Qia

Qia

Little Weasel

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • Interests:Too many to name

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:32 AM

QUOTE (HalfStarStudios @ Dec 29 2012, 11:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Of course not. xD

LOL I wasn't sure xD. I've just seen some really crazy stuff that's all. Like: http://antisasusaku....ost/38983030173
Or even worse: http://antisasusaku....ra-i-still-ship

honestly...I can STOMACH NH....but SS. Oh...

Edited by Qia, 30 December 2012 - 04:33 AM.

single-cherry-blossom-tree-4k-high-quali

#7439 Candleguy

Candleguy

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:51 AM

QUOTE (Poison_In_Your_Coffee @ Dec 29 2012, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know the argument: no mention of Naruto's feelings for Sakura in over a hundred chapters and he taking Hinata's hand and thanking her in ch 615.

Whether you consider that a good argument, *shrug*. I don't, but as far as hints go, IMO, it will do.

Ignoring the fact that he had to take Hinata's hand to do the chakra stuff.

It's a pretty bad argument, Naruto went a "long time" w/o verbalizing he wanted to be Hokage. And it hasn't actually been a long "in manga time" since the Sai flahsback.

And the hint whilst a big moment for a NH, establishes Narutos' romantic feelings for Hinata about as much as the Sakura's hug established her romantic feelings for Naruto during the Pain arc.

Edited by Candleguy, 30 December 2012 - 04:52 AM.

#7440 Tsubaki

Tsubaki

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:04 AM

ppl was talking about how a NH baby would look like so..

found on tumblr

Sig by karudoll

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users