natalieuciha

Special Jounin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • Interests:ugh
    i'll just gonna say that im gonna be forever anti SS/NH/SK

Posted 12 October 2014 - 05:19 AM

This is fascinating. I wonder what on earth caused him to grow up in such a way that would lead him to commit such crimes.
He seems to view things objectively but still act irrationally knowing full well what the consequences were. I'm still not sure if he truly wanted to kill himself or if he asked his mom that as a test. In any case after we've studied his psychology thoroughly he should be put to death. We have no need to doubt that he did the crime. He admitted it and we have video evidence. Putting him in a jail cell for his entire life is a waste of tax-payer money.

Maybe he watched too many guro/guru anime when he was little..lol jk
I dont think that there are ppl borned evil..their social life experiences or a childhood trauma must have caused them to end up like that

#22 Rabbit

Rabbit

Pappaparapappapa

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,600 posts
  • Interests:Being peculiar. Travelling around the world. Shoujo manga. Obsessed with cats. Jelly beans. NicoNico. SPLATOON. Honeyworks.

Posted 12 October 2014 - 06:15 AM

He's not a human. He's a monster.  :mad:

Shall we skate?❄❄

5a8024b87c1bc97de775cb6fa0967ff9.gif

#23 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:you

Posted 12 October 2014 - 08:40 AM

This is fascinating. I wonder what on earth caused him to grow up in such a way that would lead him to commit such crimes.

He seems to view things objectively but still act irrationally knowing full well what the consequences were. I'm still not sure if he truly wanted to kill himself or if he asked his mom that as a test. In any case after we've studied his psychology thoroughly he should be put to death. We have no need to doubt that he did the crime. He admitted it and we have video evidence. Putting him in a jail cell for his entire life is a waste of tax-payer money.

He did it because he was a self-entitled piece of kitten. What's the point of studying him? 

eileenbeautifulswan_zps46b60759.gif

#24 Branden

Branden

The man who's going to save the world.

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 10:08 AM

He did it because he was a self-entitled piece of kitten. What's the point of studying him? 

What's the point of studying anything? To learn more about it. You have to admit what he claims is extremely puzzling. It's only natural to want to understand things that confuse you.

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

"This hat means a lot to me. Promise me you'll give it back someday...

when you've become a great pirate." -Shanks

#25 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 10:52 AM

People like him aren't only from the cause of previous negative experience/s happened to them from family, friends or from a random person which, if any of these persons, have raped him, harassed, made him extremely shocked, etc... when he was little. Though bad experience/s can also affect an adult, but a person mainly forms his world from when he was very young.

Anyway, people like him, who are very violent in the way they murder, have also biological cause/s. Kevin has some very low emotional make up. The main one is sympathy. For example, Jack the Ripper is the same case.

These people should be identified at very early age so they can be given help and kept in psychiatric hospital.

Edited by T XD, 12 October 2014 - 06:46 PM.

#26 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 11:33 AM

Like I said; Death penalty is more expensive. I believe it's because it requires a bigger trial.

ナルサク

#27 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 11:45 AM

Like I said; Death penalty is more expensive. I believe it's because it requires a bigger trial.

Why it is expensive?

#28 Syn11

Syn11

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, psychology & oriental culture.

Posted 12 October 2014 - 03:46 PM

The murderer clearly is a core psycopath. He's demented. There can't be any normal logic behind his actions. Perhaps, a voice in his head told him to kill and rape his mother. He should have been admitted to a psychiatric ward long before he managed to bring so much harm. Unfortunately, there are many cases like that. Madmen not being isolated in proper time.

#29 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 04:04 PM

What's the point of studying anything? To learn more about it. You have to admit what he claims is extremely puzzling. It's only natural to want to understand things that confuse you.

idk at the time it sounded like you were claiming he had a mental disability or something. Sorry, my mind was worn out from work lol.

#30 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 04:31 PM

The murderer clearly is a core psycopath. He's demented. There can't be any normal logic behind his actions. Perhaps, a voice in his head told him to kill and rape his mother. He should have been admitted to a psychiatric ward long before he managed to bring so much harm. Unfortunately, there are many cases like that. Madmen not being isolated in proper time.

Problem is that you have to have a mental illness and the civil commitment statute requires you be an imminent danger as in right now and even then state hospital will not keep you long term most of the time. That danger must be right now. A generalized fear of harm sometime in the future isn't goin to get you there.

Long term commitment is generally frowned upon if there is.no crime. In the past such long term commitment was abused hence the current rules.

As to the death penalty perhaps you guys should define cost. In Texas death can only be assed by a jury and so you essentially have a second trial on punishment.

It also has a lengthy mandatory appeals process that lasts years. its often many many years between sentence and execution. Texas is generally considered prompt and people often sit on death row for more than a decade. In California the time is so long that most who get death sentences never get executed. This trend was held unconstitutional I think.

Luffy: yes I did.

Edited by Nate River, 12 October 2014 - 10:40 PM.

#31 Syn11

Syn11

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 04:39 PM

Problem is that you have to have a mental illness and the civil commitment statute requires you be an imminent danger as in right now and even then state hospital will not keep you long term most of the time. That danger must be right now. A generalized fear of harm sometime in the future isn't goin to get you there.

Long term commitment is generally frowned upon if there is.no crime. In the past such long term commitment was abused hence the current rules.

As to the death penalty perhaps you guys should define cost. In Texas death can only be assed by a jury and so you essentially have a second trial on punishment.

Puffy: yes I did.

It also has a lengthy mandatory appeals process that lasts years. its often many many years between sentence and execution. Texas is generally considered prompt and people often sit on death row for more than a decade. In California the time is so long that most who get death sentences never get executed. This trend was held unconstitutional I think.

It's the same in Russia. People can't institutionalize their mentally ill relatives because nothing bad really happened. Even if the said relative kept throwing death threats at his family. And few have enough money to pay for a long-term treatment.

#32 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 04:42 PM

...No. This is ableist as hell. As someone with mental disabilities who one might call a "psychopath", they don't cause us to kill and rape. The guy was, as I keep saying, a self entitled piece of kitten. And that is what caused him to kill and rape.

#33 Syn11

Syn11

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 05:13 PM

...No. This is ableist as hell. As someone with mental disabilities who one might call a "psychopath", they don't cause us to kill and rape. The guy was, as I keep saying, a self entitled piece of kitten. And that is what caused him to kill and rape.

You don't know what you are talking about. The murderer is a mentally unstable person (if we look at his actions and response to it). My speciality is psychology. I'm not calling him a nutcase out of pity. It's a fact. Psycopathy is a personality disorder featured in the DSM-V (you can look it up). Thus he is an object of psychiatric study as well.

People with psychical disorders are not just "invalids" who simply need help. Some of them are really dangerous and unpredictable. 

Edited by Syn11, 12 October 2014 - 05:24 PM.

#34 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 05:18 PM

Yes. This belief is so popular, to make sense of horrible actions like this. We say he must be insane, he can't function right, or he can't be human. But mental illness and violent crime is way more unconnected than most think, according to studies. It also marginalizes mentally ill people, and they are seen as dangerous but they're not.

Syn11, If your specialty is psychology, you should know not to draw conclusions like this based on what little we know.

ナルサク

#35 Syn11

Syn11

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 05:48 PM

Yes. This belief is so popular, to make sense of horrible actions like this. We say he must be insane, he can't function right, or he can't be human. But mental illness and violent crime is way more unconnected than most think, according to studies. It also marginalizes mentally ill people, and they are seen as dangerous but they're not.

Syn11, If your specialty is psychology, you should know not to draw conclusions like this based on what little we know.

There are different cases of mental illnesses. Some present danger to others and some doesn't (they are more dangerous to themselves). Have you ever witnessed a psychotic attack? It is not a trifle. There are situations when being compassionate just doesn't work. People pay a great price thinking that they can put up with their "unique" neighbour who likes to swing his knife around when he's in a "bad mood". I agree, it's ludicrous to label a person crazy when he's just suffering from depression, mental deficiency or brain damage, but it's also a bad habit to see all psychiatric patients as poor souls who can't adapt to the social environment. The lack of knowledge leads to stereotypical judgement. People fear what they can't understand. That murderer is not a demon incarnate, but he's a dangerous unpredictable person who needs to be isolated and treated accordingly.

I'm not giving him any definite diagnosis. But he is mentally unstable. You don't need a thorough examination in his case to give this general statement. If you face the reality of "heavy" psychiatry, you'll be surprised how complicated it proves to be for us to judge it by the moral standards of the "normal group".      

Edited by Syn11, 12 October 2014 - 06:09 PM.

#36 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 05:51 PM

Committing a crime in Texas. The last place I'd EVER want to commit a crime. They don't take no bull kitten down there. Of course...neither does Oklahoma, really...

#37 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 05:59 PM

You don't know what you are talking about. The murderer is a mentally unstable person (if we look at his actions and response to it). My speciality is psychology. I'm not calling him a nutcase out of pity. It's a fact. Psycopathy is a personality disorder featured in the DSM-V (you can look it up). Thus he is an object of psychiatric study as well.

People with psychical disorders are not just "invalids" who simply need help. Some of them are really dangerous and unpredictable. 

I'm not even saying that he didn't have a mental disability. For all I know he could have. I'm saying that 

a. writing off his actions as the work of a "psychopath" dismisses the real issue, and 

b. your language is ableist either way, ie "demented", "madman", "nutcase". I really hope you don't talk about people you've studied that way. As someone with "voices in their head", you can screw right off.

#38 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 06:31 PM

Committing a crime in Texas. The last place I'd EVER want to commit a crime. They don't take no bull kitten down there. Of course...neither does Oklahoma, really...

varies from county to county.

For example Travis and Dallas have reps as lightweights where as Williamson and Smith are notorious hardasses.

#39 Syn11

Syn11

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 06:38 PM

I'm not even saying that he didn't have a mental disability. For all I know he could have. I'm saying that 

a. writing off his actions as the work of a "psychopath" dismisses the real issue, and 

b. your language is ableist either way, ie "demented", "madman", "nutcase". I really hope you don't talk about people you've studied that way. As someone with "voices in their head", you can screw right off.

What is the real issue in you opinion then? Calling that person a "self entitled piece of kitten" isn't a better alternative, I'd say. We must study these people ("psycopathy" is not just a label, it is a scientific term which describes a certain group of individuals that do exist in reality) in order to come up with solutions and prevent the same occurance in the future. 

I don't care about my language in this particular case. It is what it is, no matter what euphemisms we find more conventional. Do you prefer psychiatric terminology? I don't see the need to use it as we're having a general discussion and people are blunt with their vocabulary (and you are not an exception). Please, excuse my rude choice of words, but I'm not a native English-speaker to be aware of the new language "ethics" when it comes to murderers who commit matricide. And I've mentioned the commanding "voice" in someone's head because it is just a clear (for everyone here) reference to a particular kind of auditory hallucinations. It is not as incongruous as it may sound (as some popularized notion).        

Edited by Syn11, 13 October 2014 - 07:17 AM.

#40 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 09:10 PM

What is the real issue in you opinion then? Calling that person a "self entitled piece of kitten" isn't a better alternative, I'd say. We must study these people ("psycopathy" is not just a label, it is a scientific term which describes a certain group of individuals that do exist in reality) in order to come up with solutions and prevent the same occurance in the future. 

I don't care about my language in this particular case. It is what it is, no matter what euphemisms we find more conventional. Do you prefer psychiatric terminology? I don't see the need to use it as we're having a general discussion and people are blunt with their vocabulary (and you are not an exception). Please, excuse my rude choice of words, but I'm not a native English-speaker to be aware of the new language "ethics" when it comes to murderers who commit matricide. And I've mentioned the commanding "voice" in someone's head because it is just a clear (for everyone here) reference to a particular kind of auditory hallucinations. It is not as incongruous as it may sound (as some popularized notion).        

It's a better alternative because it doesn't equate mental illness to murderers and rapists. Mentally well people murder and rape all the time. It's time to get rid of the stigma that they are things that only "cr*zy" people do. He didn't do because he was mentally unsound. He did it because he decided that what he wanted to do was more important than the well being of others. 

Yes, I would prefer psychiatric terminology actually, so we're not throwing insults at people who don't deserve to be insulted. And of course I didn't point out the ableist connotations of the terms for the sake of the murderer; I did it for the sake of disabled people as a whole. I'm well aware of what you were referencing. 

(Throw a PM my way if you're interested in continuing this discussion. We're probably derailing this thread a bit too much.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users