LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 11 October 2019 - 10:36 PM

I wouldn't say there were any HachiAnn moments in this chapter, but you say parallels (you heard right lol) were present: 

71956040_3226134854095412_22691558796075

73009396_3226134700762094_69649723359043

72587031_3226134680762096_42245898716934

You guys may call me crazy when I say this, but in terms of backstories for female characters that Kishi has done; I'd say Ann's the best one he's done!

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#242 Namaenash

Namaenash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 12 October 2019 - 02:40 PM

Sure: https://mobile.twitt...5719595008?s=20

Id agree though judging sales based on 1 day isnt exactly valid solidity in terming how well its doing.

The true test of this mangas sustainability is gonna be with its first week and more importantly first month sales.

Yup. Regardless, my point still stands: people are not waiting for it. So long as it is associated with Kishimoto, Japanese readers will stay away. Mark my word.

https://www.otaquest...shockingly-low/

Volume 1 & 2 combined barely managed to break 20,000 copies since 4th October.

Again, this is Japanese market folks. Kishimoto treated his readers/customers like crap with the ending of Naruto. They won't buy from him afterwards. Not surprising at all really.

http://namaenasuyou.tumblr.com/     ||     https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6308104/

"I'm sorry I didn't believe. But I'd given up believing in so much, until I met you. From the first day I saw you, you were everything I ever wanted to believe in. You can do this, Diana. I know you can...But I have to go."

"What? What are you saying?"

"It's okay, this is what I came here to do. I can save today, but you... you can save the world."

#243 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 13 October 2019 - 03:46 AM

Yup. Regardless, my point still stands: people are not waiting for it. So long as it is associated with Kishimoto, Japanese readers will stay away. Mark my word.

https://www.otaquest...shockingly-low/

Volume 1 & 2 combined barely managed to break 20,000 copies since 4th October.

Again, this is Japanese market folks. Kishimoto treated his readers/customers like crap with the ending of Naruto. They won't buy from him afterwards. Not surprising at all really.

Unless sales drastically increase soon this manga will be cancelled. The question of when depends on how much leeway that they give Kishi. Also their are three other series that are on the chopping block as well. So it might just stay for awhile because they don't have four new manga to replace the flops with.

I don't go on twitter that often, much less the anime section, but looking at twitter the people admitting this is a flop don't seem to want to admit, acknowledge, or question why Kishimoto name isn't bringing in the numbers? Even that guy whose analysis I copied just attributes it to older mangaka with successful series next manga after their big one flops because of the higher expectations. The thing is from what I understand it is the Japanese have become sick of Kishimoto because he has been lying to them constantly for the last five years and just won't go away (due to Boruto) to allow the dislike to settle down.

#244 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 13 October 2019 - 11:03 PM

I may've shared this a bit of ways back, but if I haven't then here it is:

rruzg8al3as31.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

So based on this,  Kishi knew it was gonna be hard selling this in weekly shounen jump in the beginning. Plus like what Bail has said there are still a few series that are gonna get the axe first.  So at the moment there's still enough wiggle room for Kishi to bring it home in terms of the fans supporting it.  As I've said thus far, I'm just curious in seeing the direction it's gonna go from start to finish (as Kishi has intended). 

#245 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 12:33 PM

I wouldn't say there were any HachiAnn moments in this chapter, but you say parallels (you heard right lol) were present: 

71956040_3226134854095412_22691558796075

73009396_3226134700762094_69649723359043

72587031_3226134680762096_42245898716934

You guys may call me crazy when I say this, but in terms of backstories for female characters that Kishi has done; I'd say Ann's the best one he's done!

If Hachimaru/Ann doesn't become canon I'm sure the little Japanese fans that are reading his manga will drop it. Maybe Kishi will make Hashi/Ann a red herring like he did with NS and make another girl that likes Hachimaru but they will hardly talk throughout the series. And in the end he will make the ship canon ignoring Ann's existence. :zaru:

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#246 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 18 October 2019 - 11:20 AM

New Chapter's out: 

https://readms.net/r...ai_8/023/6264/1

My Live Reaction: 

Edited by LuckyChi7, 18 October 2019 - 12:01 PM.

#247 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 18 October 2019 - 12:03 PM

HachiAnn moments in this chapter (per usual): 

03.png

05.png

06.png

07.png

08.png

09.png

10.png

#248 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 19 October 2019 - 10:10 AM

Well I mean it is a typical scenario with the you remind me of my "family member", but it is still a nice touch all the same. Question, are princesses and Samurai connected via psychic link or something along those lines? if it did then that "lose part of yourself" speech would make more sense. I'm just wondering

Edited by Phantom_999, 19 October 2019 - 10:11 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#249 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 19 October 2019 - 12:40 PM

Well I mean it is a typical scenario with the you remind me of my "family member", but it is still a nice touch all the same. Question, are princesses and Samurai connected via psychic link or something along those lines? if it did then that "lose part of yourself" speech would make more sense. I'm just wondering

I don't if it's a psychic link it's kind of like in Naruto when he protects Sakura he becomes stronger. There's also an interesting part where daruma's teacher tells him not to settle for second best and it makes me wonder if it's about the ships in naruto

Edited by totherpage95, 19 October 2019 - 12:43 PM.

#250 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 19 October 2019 - 12:52 PM

I checked back at some of the early chapters and it from what I gathered they can both sense each other's presence and strengths. Though, like with what tother said it's similar to Naruto's stride in protecting Sakura he be even more powerful. 

One of the established things Kishi's implemented for the combat style for Hachi is that he wouldn't be as a powerful without the assistance of Ann which is really telling in terms of writing, at least on my end given how he's had 5 years to reflect on everything that's happened since Naruto.

I don't if it's a psychic link it's kind of like in Naruto when he protects Sakura he becomes stronger. There's also an interesting part where daruma's teacher tells him not to settle for second best and it makes me wonder if it's about the ships in naruto

I was thinking the same when I read that line, and I think subtly Kishi is saying "I could've fixed this back then, and it's my fault."  I could be totally wrong. Plus, this may just be me, but I feel Kishi only writing the story has shown a shift in terms of the storytelling. I mean I would've loved to seen his artwork for this, but I feel for Kishi adding the artwork with the story wouldn't be the same as what it is. So in a weird way I'm actually kinda happy that Akira Okubo is handling the art (to me it's kinda got that part 1 vibe to it which I did really like) that's just me though. 

#251 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 06:55 PM

Same here. I saw NS within the story between Hachi and Ann. Their interaction.

Plus, the panel where Ann is smiling... Isn't there a panel where Sakura smiled the same way or I'm remembering wrong ?

#252 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 29 October 2019 - 07:48 PM

So far that's the impression I'm getting, haven't read Chapter 24 yet gonna do that later tonight. 

As for Sakura smiling similarly to Ann from Chapter 23 I think so: 

9JqWn.jpg

that's from 489 when Sakura gave Naruto the news of Tsunade's recovery; but yeah smiles practically identical to the one Ann's showcasing.  

#253 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 05:27 AM

That’s good at least :smile:

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#254 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 05:24 PM

The latest chapter was confusing for me from a art standpoint I think kishi would do a better job with the action scenes

#255 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 11 November 2019 - 05:19 PM

So far that's the impression I'm getting, haven't read Chapter 24 yet gonna do that later tonight. 

As for Sakura smiling similarly to Ann from Chapter 23 I think so: 

9JqWn.jpg

that's from 489 when Sakura gave Naruto the news of Tsunade's recovery; but yeah smiles practically identical to the one Ann's showcasing.  

Yes. This Sakura panel.

#256 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 11 November 2019 - 07:19 PM

Yes. This Sakura panel.

which does kinda lead to the theory even more that Kishi aimed for Naruto and Sakura just based off the smiles both girls give out.

#257 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 08:38 PM

which does kinda lead to the theory even more that Kishi aimed for Naruto and Sakura just based off the smiles both girls give out.

Kishimoto did aim for Naruto and Sakura to be together. It's very obvious in the manga. But, things happened that made him change his mind near the ending.

#258 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 27 December 2019 - 07:11 PM

Something is telling me that kishimoto thinks just because he failed to pair naruto and sakura up together in his first work, He messed everything up in his story. I dont think kishimoto understands the general toxic relationships regarding friendship and the messed up views of the ninja system is what made the audience realize how terrible his manga really is. Its not just romance that was poorly  handled its everything that kishi wrote. 

when i read samurai 8 i still see the problems that he wrote for naruto Like too much expositions, flat stereotypical cliches/ tropes and characters that isn't too fleshed out, main character converting a views of that one loner character too what the main characters thinks is right instead of having genuine sympathy and helping/understanding the loner and not forcing the mcs views onto the loner.   

I even read somewhere that the japanese fandom does not like samurai 8 and there getting annoyed that its getting over advertised and overshadowing the advertistment for the new one piece movie. And the manga volume isnt selling too well ether compared to how naruto was sold in its first few volumes.     

Edited by rikakim94, 27 December 2019 - 07:16 PM.

#259 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 07:50 AM

Something is telling me that kishimoto thinks just because he failed to pair naruto and sakura up together in his first work, He messed everything up in his story. I don't think kishimoto understands the general toxic relationships regarding friendship and the messed up views of the ninja system is what made the audience realize how terrible his manga really is. Its not just romance that was poorly  handled its everything that kishi wrote. 

when i read samurai 8 i still see the problems that he wrote for naruto Like too much expositions, flat stereotypical cliches/ tropes and characters that isn't too fleshed out, main character converting a views of that one loner character too what the main characters thinks is right instead of having genuine sympathy and helping/understanding the loner and not forcing the mcs views onto the loner.   

I even read somewhere that the japanese fandom does not like samurai 8 and there getting annoyed that its getting over advertised and overshadowing the advertisement for the new one piece movie. And the manga volume isnt selling too well ether compared to how naruto was sold in its first few volumes.     

Its not even selling well compared to Boruto or any of the new manga are not flopping. And what you heard is correct.

I think the problem was that Naruto had gotten so bad/bland by the end people were expecting a simple ending of NS...Then it didn't happen and we got the Last. So the pairing became the focus of the criticism. Not helped by them throwing everything out for nH and Boruto. That they ignored all the other problems because the pairing became the most noticeable problem. Which is why Kishi felt the need to spend ten chapter beating it into the readers head these kids are getting together and he is not changing that.

#260 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 03:34 PM

I think the problem was that Naruto had gotten so bad/bland by the end people were expecting a simple ending of NS...Then it didn't happen and we got the Last. So the pairing became the focus of the criticism. Not helped by them throwing everything out for nH and Boruto. That they ignored all the other problems because the pairing became the most noticeable problem. Which is why Kishi felt the need to spend ten chapter beating it into the readers head these kids are getting together and he is not changing that.

... Does he not realize that he can do whatever he wants?

Stop me if this isn't something that you're actually implying but Kishi basically felt like Sakura was a failure of a character (because absolutely no one in the entire world wanted her to be with the MC) which was why he was willing to be talked into doing what he did?

But when you're writing a story you can do whatever you want. Just do whatever the kitten you want! If you try to do something that doesn't appeal to you it's going to suck even if you're far more talented than Kishi is.

Edited by DrK, 17 January 2020 - 03:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users