• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Mindy

Mindy

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, four-wheeling, sledding... the typical stuff lol

Posted 13 November 2008 - 06:38 PM

Ya know I've always wanted to do one of these things just never knew where to go to start.. okay here goes... My name is Mindy and I have always considered myself a writer... at least up til recently... see I've always been self-conscious about my work ( honestly in a lot of things in my life lol) so I have never really let anybody read any of my stuff besides school work or such, however recently I just thought of this... how can I be a writer when all I do is talk about it? Not to mention the major writer's block... so many ideas yet so hard to get down.. so yeah to mark off my first official blog I hope you can give me any ideas and suggestions.. I'd love to do the same for whatever anybody needs!

#2 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 19 November 2008 - 07:05 PM

Glad to meet ya, Mindy! happy.gif

#3 Mindy

Mindy

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 07:59 PM

Okay so a little update... or maybe just some randomness about me in general. Let's see well I'm going to a little community college and that is just going swell ( it's not so bad but at times ya wonder why you have to go through all this when you just spent 12 years in school already... plus ya feel like your life hasn't really started because your always in school). I'm working part time in the Falls Library, which is the perfect environment for me because I love to read ( unfortunately it's been over a month since I have been able to sit down and read) my family life... ehhh that could always be better happy.gif , personal life is beyond awesome wub.gif biggrin.gif , and my social life... well there could be better sad.gif unfortunately me and my best friend have been drifting a little but I guess life does that to ya sometime... Anyways overall life is good... I'm looking forward to Christmastime, not the cold weather though haha, and super excited for other events as well around Christmastime

That's it for now
biggrin.gif Mindy

Edited by Mindy, 25 November 2008 - 08:10 PM.

#4 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 25 November 2008 - 08:57 PM

A library job. Sounds ideal *is an avid reader herself* happy.gif

#5 Mindy

Mindy

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 07:23 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Nov 25 2008, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A library job. Sounds ideal *is an avid reader herself* happy.gif

Yeah the job is ideal enough... one of my workers dislikes me for reasons that are still unknown although I have confronted her about it.. What kinda books you into?

#6 Mindy

Mindy

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 04:56 PM

Hey I have a question... and forgive me because for all you anime fans in here it is going to be a dumb one... I want to get into it but I don't have the right channels to? Any suggestions? I read people talking about it on here and write about it... how do I get updated LOL??? tongue.gif

#7 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 18 March 2009 - 05:11 PM

You mean on television? If so, I get anime on Adult Swim which is on Cartoon Network at night.

#8 Mindy

Mindy

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 06:07 PM

QUOTE (Kurosaki Ichigo @ Mar 18 2009, 06:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You mean on television? If so, I get anime on Adult Swim which is on Cartoon Network at night.

Well television, anywhere....and thank you! I know I get Cartoon Network...

#9 Jwolf0

Jwolf0

Gotta catch 'em all!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Interests:Seasonal sports fan. Adept at pulling defeat from the jaws of victory. Sadly allows RL to interfere with gaming and anime stuffs.

Posted 18 March 2009 - 07:03 PM

I'm assuming you're talking about how to acquire anime as opposed to reccomendations? I get the feeling you don't have a specialty store nearby, so places like Best Buy are your best bet for instant purchasing. Netflix carries an okay assortment of anime as well.

There's always YouTube for the week or so it takes before the anime gets taken down for copyright violation. That's where I first saw Fate/Stay Night, Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni, and Toradora.

Most of the anime DL links I see here are torrents. For manga scans you could always go to places like MangaFox and Onemanga.
QUOTE ("Down Goes Brown")
(For the younger readers, "HMV" and "Sam The Record Man" were record stores.)

(For the younger readers, a "record store" was a building that you had to go to when you wanted to buy music.)

(For the younger readers, "buying music" was the way we acquired it, since we couldn't just… you know what, let's just get back to the Bowen song. Stupid kids, you ruin everything.)

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Or Reaper! Or Zombie Killer... or something. Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users