Naruto Shippuden Movie 4: The Lost Tower

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

#1 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 28 April 2011 - 11:20 PM

Watch here happy.gif

http://www.goodanime...-the-lost-tower

#2 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 28 April 2011 - 11:27 PM

OMG FINALLY!!!!!!

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#3 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 29 April 2011 - 03:46 PM

Okay, I need to see a better quality because this one was very rushed (and missed an almost 2-3 minute scene around mid-middle towards end).

First thing I noticed something about the puppet robots design when Naruto first fought them in the beginning:

I recognized that head... --Click here to view--

Their heads looks very similar to Capcom's character Huitzil/Phobos from the Darkstalkers series. I see you guys were inspired from that, Pierrot. tongue.gif

The story wasn't that bad, but it couldn't top the last movie. We have another filler girl (Queen Sara ... that's an English name..., but then again, the name was used for a female character in Sonic the Hedgehog OVA) who had been "persuaded" by Naruto, but her role was a bit different. She was tolerable, not romantic annoying like Shion in the first Shippuden movie.

Meanwhile the villain was like DBZ-level, nearly impossible to kill. And he was a damn master puppet. I swear, what's with puppets these days? The last time I saw a master puppet as the final villain was in the Uzumaki Chronicles 2 video game.

Although, it became a reset because since the theme is time-travel to the past, Naruto couldn't say anything because it may risk of changing the future. It lead to the end that Minato had to perform a memory erase seal before Naruto and Yamato (I don't know why he was dragged to the past, he didn't have a very good role. Yamato didn't show up until the end, but it was funny when he clobbered Young Kakashi's head for bulling him in the past! laugh.gif ). Sakura and Sai's role was so damn short... I wished Sakura joined Naruto in the past, than Yamato because it would make more sense. If been dragged with Naruto instead of Yamato, Sakura could've helped out. It can also add a lot of action scenes for her and can balance the end when she teased Naruto of the "dreams", that is when her memories of the time-travel erased. Yamato didn't have a role whatsoever during the whole entire movie until the end when he saved them with wood jutsu.

One thing I liked was that Naruto hinted that whenever he's around Minato, he was more obedient towards the man. And he almost figured out who he was to him (we know the secret, Minato's your father, Naruto). But in terms of placing the movie with canon, this probably happen right after Naruto found out Jiraiya's death (he even mentioned it in the movie).

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#4 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 03:54 PM

The movie is probably after Jiraiya's death but before Pain attacks Konoha and Naruto left to learn sage mode. While the fifth movie is after Pain's invasion but probably before the kage summit.

Edited by Gravenimage, 29 April 2011 - 03:59 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#5 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 29 April 2011 - 04:23 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ Apr 29 2011, 11:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay, I need to see a better quality because this one was very rushed (and missed an almost 2-3 minute scene around mid-middle towards end).

First thing I noticed something about the puppet robots design when Naruto first fought them in the beginning:

I recognized that head... --Click here to view--

Their heads looks very similar to Capcom's character Huitzil/Phobos from the Darkstalkers series. I see you guys were inspired from that, Pierrot. tongue.gif

And the both got it from Japan's Jomon period goddess figurines- called dogu:

http://factsanddetai...iodC0043544.jpg

Pierrot's actually look a bit closer to the original stylistics.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#6 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 08:08 AM

QUOTE (Derock @ Apr 29 2011, 10:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One thing I liked was that Naruto hinted that whenever he's around Minato, he was more obedient towards the man. And he almost figured out who he was to him (we know the secret, Minato's your father, Naruto). But in terms of placing the movie with canon, this probably happen right after Naruto found out Jiraiya's death (he even mentioned it in the movie).

Yeah, those were my favourite parts of the movie. And the ending where Minato had to erase their memories and their partings, that was the saddest part and almost made me cry. Minato even figured out he's his son. (or at least had a nagging feeling about it)

Also, did anybody think Kushina looked even more beautiful at the ending credits??

Chouza and Shibi were great, loved seeing them in their prime.

Anyways, I'd give this movie a 6.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#7 Davidos

Davidos

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts
  • Interests:Music, Anime , Manga, Gaming and playing guitar/piano

Posted 02 May 2011 - 11:02 AM

You can find the HQ version now here http://www.watchanim...ovie-episode-4/

Edited by Davidos, 02 May 2011 - 11:05 AM.

#8 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 03 May 2011 - 02:04 AM

It was alright. Though I'm kind of tired of the 'Naruto meets girl, Naruto inspires girl, Naruto has to leave girl behind' type movies. They're like animated fanfiction with a crappy ending because he doesn't get the girl. He didn't even get a friggin' hug this time!

Anyway, it was alright. Animation seemed crappy with the beginning and end Team 7 parts, but was otherwise pretty good. Kyuubi didn't have much of a showing, compared to past movies, and I was a bit disappointed about that.

'Super Rasengan'? *sigh* I was hoping Minato would be able to gasp at seeing the completed Rasengan, Rasenshuriken. Way to dangle the carrot in front of us and then withhold it, Pierrot.

I guess I just have to wait for the next movie to -hopefully- be satisfied with another Shippuuden movie. I've only really liked the one with Kakashi so far. I think it was the 2nd one? Ah well.

Edit: Btw, that wasn't Kushina at the very end. That was Sara's daughter.

Edited by Paradox Jast, 03 May 2011 - 02:06 AM.

#9 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 03 May 2011 - 02:23 AM

QUOTE (Paradox Jast @ May 2 2011, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I guess I just have to wait for the next movie to -hopefully- be satisfied with another Shippuuden movie. I've only really liked the one with Kakashi so far. I think it was the 2nd one? Ah well.

Third, only one that Kishimoto was script consultant for it.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#10 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 03 May 2011 - 03:14 AM

Well, let's see...

Naruto written as a complete idiot? Check.

Shallow, one shot love interest? Check.

Annoyingly ugly villain with God-Mode Sue powers? Check.

Ridiculous techniques created from nowhere? Check.

Naruto's "friends" treating him like garbage? Check.

Yep. It's a Naruto movie, alright.

Two thumbs way down.

#11 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 03:17 AM

I just kinda wonder, can you show us at which minute of the ending credits that Kishi is the script consultant??

It's mirrored, but I think you should be able to read it.

248793.jpg

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#12 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 03 May 2011 - 03:37 AM

QUOTE (KungFuTruffle @ May 2 2011, 11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, let's see...

Two thumbs way down.

My answers:

1) Naruto wasn't a Complete idiot in the movie... c'mon now. rolleyes.gif
2) Sara wasn't that great as the "love interest" like Shion and Amara were from the 1st and 2nd Shippuden Movies. She has more of an independent role. Unless you consider the end when she's about to hug Naruto before he goes back to the regular timeline... nah.
3) This one I HIGHLY agree though.
4) Ok, Super Rasengan... yeah I agree with that also...
5) Nope. Honestly... "treated as garbage" means they're were berated him for being very stupid and dumb. I know damn well Sakura and Yamato didn't do that in the movie (unless you considered the ink beast dragging Naruto when coming back to the group and the scene Naruto was googling-eye on the chakra blade while Tsunade briefing the team about the mission scenes in terms of that).

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#13 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 06:06 AM

T^T On my iPod, can't watch it.. Gotta wait till tomorrow rawr.gif

#14 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:03 AM

QUOTE (KungFuTruffle @ May 2 2011, 08:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, let's see...

Two thumbs way down.

Everyone's a critic.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#15 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 01:37 AM

QUOTE (Codus N @ May 2 2011, 11:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just kinda wonder, can you show us at which minute of the ending credits that Kishi is the script consultant??

It's mirrored, but I think you should be able to read it.

Hmm, the version my sister downloaded and we watched some time back actually had much of the credits translated- that's when I saw confirmation of what was widely stated at the time, unlike the other movies and the TV series, Kishimoto had been directly consulted for Will of Fire. (However, there's been rumors for years that he was also consulted on the last part 1 filler arc- the one that gives background and names Matsuri as Gaara's student. I haven't seen episode credit proof of this, but Matsuri is the sole semi-filler character he chose to make canon in the third databook (she already existed unnamed in manga canon as Gaara's most outspoken and persistent fangirl in the rescue Gaara arc) , and other than the lame villains (which he doesn't accept into canon, by the way) much of the story actually fits into the Narutoverse, and canon characters actually act pretty much in character (including a major toning down of Pierrot's usual part 1 very tsundere characterization of Sakura, bringing her mostly in line with her manga canon personality, Naruto not acting as dumb as Pierrot usually wrote him in fillers, closely in line with manga canon characterization, so I don't dismiss it even though proof isn't there.) Hopefully Will of Fire will be officially translated, because in official translations they usually do translate the majority if not all of the credits.

#16 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 01:49 PM

^instead of beating around the bush sleep.gif , which minute was it!!!???

248793.jpg

#17 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:32 PM

I thought this movie would be more exciting ._. watching it now and it's boring as hell.

#18 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:28 AM

Meh, I was entertained.

I liked the animation style quite a bit, and I loved the music in this movie to death. It's almost got a Celtic feel to it. love.gif
0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#19 Otaru

Otaru

絶対 負けない

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,489 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:23 AM

It's not so bad, but it's sure it's not as good as the third movie !
They keep repeating the nearly same scenario all the time ! lol ^^
They really don't have imagination at all !!! lol ^^
But it's entertaining ^^

sakurachansmallerbetter.jpg

#20 theorangehokage

theorangehokage

--

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 01:30 AM

Aye yo. Wassup. All mobile users like ipod,iphone,ipad, etc.. That wanna watch this movie, ill be posting a link to it tommorow.. biggrin.gif. Hope i could help.

---

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users