Close
Photo

NS Marriage: Surname Uzumaki or Haruno?

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

Poll: Sakura's last name will be ... (70 member(s) have cast votes)

One choice

1. Changed to Uzumaki (52 votes [74.29%])

Percentage of vote: 74.29%

2. Still be Haruno (18 votes [25.71%])

Percentage of vote: 25.71%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:14 AM

I just suddenly wondered this when I was reading a NaruSaku fanfiction and I found it interesting to think over. When/if Sakura is married to Naruto at the likely timeskip, would she decide to change her last name to the same as his? I've seen a lot of fanfics do this and I think it's reasonable to wonder about. I know their children will for sure have the last name Uzumaki, it's pretty much a given. But Sakura, maybe?

I know Kushina didn't change her last name when she married Minato but that was because she was forced to, wasn't it? Not that I think she minded, having Uzumaki as a title is a pretty big deal. It's an important Clan. Sakura though's not actually from a Clan so I don't think she'd have too much of a problem changing her last name, unless it all comes down to keeping individuality or something like that. Not sure, just know it could happen. I'm kind of leaning towards Uzumaki a little.

What do you guys think? Haruno or Uzumaki?

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#2 narulsaku

narulsaku

FALLEN ANGEL

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts
  • Interests:playing vedio games , readin' mangas , books ,singing , drawing , and also listing music , hang arround with friends , cricket, football, and also table tennise,eating
    I love multipllayer games like dog fight , tanki online.
    ect....

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:52 AM

hey ashley how about harumaki?

god is sweet.......
courage,,,,,,,,,,,
doesn't always roar.............
sometimescourage is quite voice at the
end of the day saying,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
'll try again tomorrow"

#3 Chucky-kun

Chucky-kun

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:00 AM

Doubt kishi will write that far...

But, it'll be probably be Uzumaki or Namikaze depending on whether or not Naruto's like "i want to make my own legacy"

c1a2d1a877.jpg

#4 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:35 AM

I'd see Naruto using the Uzumaki surname because it will allow him to forge his own destiny without living in the shadow of using Minato's last name since he would have some pretty big shoes to fill.

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#5 narusaku4ver

narusaku4ver

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:27 PM

Uzumaki obvious unless if Haruno was an important clan which is not the case so the preference is Uzumaki.

Edited by narusaku4ver, 14 February 2013 - 01:28 PM.

#6 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:37 PM

This reminds me of that sticker that had the name Uzumaki Sakura in it. biggrin.gif

I don't even remember what the deal was with that. It was shown in an interview with the VAs in Japan, but I don't recall how they reacted to it.

#7 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:01 PM

Japanese guys can only have one surname? O_O
Is..Uzumaki H. Sakura possible?

As far as the legacy goes, I'll go for Uzumaki. They'll probably be known as the two who "reproduced" the Uzumaki clan, they must be the Uzumaki couple. cool.gif

Uzumaki Sakura. It's a pretty name. By that I mean (Uzumaki Hinata? 111189.gif ) Sakura's name flows well with Uzumaki. I am so bias. XD

ナルサク

#8 narusaku4ver

narusaku4ver

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:04 PM

QUOTE (sushi. @ Feb 14 2013, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As far as the legacy goes, I'll go for Uzumaki. They'll probably be known as the two who "reproduced" the Uzumaki clan, they must be the Uzumaki couple. cool.gif

Uzumaki Sakura. It's a pretty name. By that I mean (Uzumaki Hinata? 111189.gif ) Sakura's name flows well with Uzumaki. I am so bias. XD

No.
Sakura would keep her surname it's obvious.

Sakura is going to marry Naruto not being adopted by him.

If Naruto intentions were to "revive" his clan which is not ,he's not going to adopt Sakura after marrying so therefore she would keep her surname, different than Sasuke's case which is to revive his clan so he would adopt Sakura after the marriage then it would change to "Uchiha Sakura".
The same would happen if Naruto marries Hinata, he would be adopted and therefore his surname would change to "Hyuuga Naruto".

Edited by narusaku4ver, 14 February 2013 - 06:14 PM.

#9 Tsubaki

Tsubaki

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:10 PM

QUOTE (sushi. @ Feb 14 2013, 04:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

what about Hyuuga Naruto?! laugh.gif

Edited by Tsubaki, 14 February 2013 - 06:11 PM.

Sig by karudoll

#10 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:14 PM

QUOTE (Tsubaki @ Feb 14 2013, 10:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what about Hyuuga Naruto?! laugh.gif

Does anyone else thinks or feels that Hyuuga Naruto is for a girl or girlish ? 0_o

Edited by T XD, 12 February 2014 - 12:03 PM.

#11 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:43 PM

Uzumaki just sounds better and I'm accustomed to women taking their husbands last name. However I know they do both in Japan. If the bride has no brothers the husband can take her name so that it has a chance to carry on. That said all we know about Sakura is that shes an only child, but the Haruno name isn't from a big clan like the Naras and Hyuugas. So keeping it alive doesnt seem like a big deal lol XD sorry Sakura. Anyhow I would think Sakura would keep Uzumaki biggrin.gif

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#12 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:21 PM

It would be negotiated between Sakura's parents and... whoever took the plce of Naruto's parents. If the later were Iruka, I could easily see it being Haruno. If it were someone else (like Tsunade, or the resurrected Minato, or someone of that ilk), it might be Uzumaki.

So, the real question is, who would represent Naruto in the omiai?

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

#13 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:09 AM

QUOTE (narulsaku @ Feb 14 2013, 07:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hey ashley how about harumaki?

Lol. Haruno-Uzumaki maybe? tongue.gif

Does anyone else think or feels that Hyuuga Naruto is for a girl, or girlish? 0_o

Definitely. Hyuuga Naruto does not suit him at all lol. And Uzumaki Hinata? Awkward on far too many levels. sweatdrop.gif

Uzumaki Sakura and Uzumaki Naruto. It has a nice ring to it, doesn't it? And yeah, Uzumaki fits Sakura as a last name. She has the determination and stubborness after all+fiery temper, after all. yes.gif

As a joke, I'm gonna say this for laughs if Sakura gets Naruto's last name: "Look, Sakura's surname is Uzumaki now! And the Kushina parallels still pile on. " cool.gif

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#14 Tokura Misaki

Tokura Misaki

左京さん最推し❤

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:04 AM

I think it's Namikaze. rolleyes.gif

#15 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

f**k the establishment! I'm a bunny!

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:09 AM

I'd say Sakura will keep her maiden name. Kushina didn't change her name to Namikaze so I'm basing my stance on that.

#16 narulsaku

narulsaku

FALLEN ANGEL

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts
  • Interests:playing vedio games , readin' mangas , books ,singing , drawing , and also listing music , hang arround with friends , cricket, football, and also table tennise,eating
    I love multipllayer games like dog fight , tanki online.
    ect....

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:22 AM

QUOTE (K9ofChaos @ Feb 17 2013, 07:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd say Sakura will keep her maiden name. Kushina didn't change her name to Namikaze so I'm basing my stance on that.

yeha ya got a point but naruto uzumaki and sakura haruno. is that you want ? it sounds odd. it should change one way or another. huh.gif

god is sweet.......
courage,,,,,,,,,,,
doesn't always roar.............
sometimescourage is quite voice at the
end of the day saying,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
'll try again tomorrow"

#17 Branden

Branden

The man who's going to save the world.

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:35 AM

I'd like Sakura to be defined as who she is not who she's married to. Sakura Haruno keeps her as an individual who has her own greatness while Sakura Uzumaki seems more like just a bride.

I don't know. It's really hard put my thoughts into words but the point is I just feel like Sakura Haruno and Naruto Uzumaki feels better. It keeps them who they are. I like it that way. Not saying there's anything wrong with change but it's just my preference.

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

"This hat means a lot to me. Promise me you'll give it back someday...

when you've become a great pirate." -Shanks

#18 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:20 AM

I'm up for keeping her name. After hearing the complicated mess wives go through to change their surnames I'd rather not Sakura go through that. smile.gif Plus I support feminism

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#19 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:37 AM

I think she will change her surname to uzumaki,
Well this is Japanese tradition

#20 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

I won't say what is Japanese tradition cause I honestly do not know about it, But apparently Kushina kept her surname when She married Minato so I can See Sakura doing the same thing. Though I DO like sound of Uzumaki Sakura. pictureem0.gif It sounds very good.

QUOTE (sushi. @ Feb 14 2013, 10:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hehe. but I can not say we shoufd match up people just cause their Names sound good together. tongue.gif

Edited by Phantom_999, 27 February 2013 - 05:19 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users