43 replies to this topic

#1 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 12:54 PM

Sigh, so my turn to make an blog, eh? Well, my life is not interesting at all so just try withstand my annoyance. I decided to start an blog after deciding to straight up in my hopeless atemps to be an mangaka, so now I might have some stuff to talk about for now on.

Well, I think I need to introduce my self properly first right?

So, who am I?
Well, it's not like I'm gonna post my real name here, I'm not crazy enough for that, but I'm gonna talk about me, I'm just an 20 years old guy, I'm single, and to be honest I never had an serious relationship before by my fear of messing everything up, the only time I tryed to go out with an girl before was in high school when I had an crush on her for like 2 whole years, and when I finally build up the balls to ask her out after we graduated, she did not rejected me neither accepted, it was worse, she just made up excuses that she would be busy in order to push me aside, and after the third atempt, I figured out she didn't wanted anything to do with me, and that's it, my love life in 4 lines, Lol. Well, I'm Alexander here, well, firstly, because I aways wanted to be called like that and second, because of the video game prototype, wich is one of my all time favourites.

What do I like?
Mostily video games, manga and anime, television, music and arts.

What I dislike?
Many things, but most of all: sleeping, yeah weird I know, but I personally think it's just such an waste of time stay 8 hours with my eyes closed when I could be doing something useful, like training my drawings or doing anything at all, don't try to understand my logic, you just can't.

How can I describe myself?
Well annoying, even when I don't want to (it's like a curse, you know?), boring and level headed, like when everyone else is angry around me, I try to be voice of reason, tough I fail pretty often sweatdrop.gif

What do I do?
Right now I'm a office rat, working in a small company, but one day, I aspire to be an mangaka, even tought I don't like to put my hopes up about this, and I'm putting a lot of effort about it lately, Drawing is my biggest passion, and it's everything I have, and I would do anything in order to turn it in my living.

Tuesday, 21 December 11:00 AM local time zone

My first shift on work just ended and I'm about to go eating, nothing interest right now, but stay tunned for my updates.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#2 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 01:30 PM

Oh, nice! You have your own blog now, yay! It's interesting that you want to be a mangaka~

#3 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 01:43 PM

QUOTE (Black Rose @ Dec 21 2010, 02:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh, nice! You have your own blog now, yay! It's interesting that you want to be a mangaka~

Thanks, and yeah, at least I try to be one, but my country don't really have any support for this kind of work, and very few magazines sales national mangas, wich turns it an pretty tight competition.

#4 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 01:50 PM

QUOTE (alexander @ Dec 21 2010, 03:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks, and yeah, at least I try to be one, but my country don't really have any support for this kind of work, and very few magazines sales national mangas, wich turns it an pretty tight competition.

It's exactly the same here... Good luck on your work!!! 

P.S: I don't really think that you are annoying ._.

#5 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 01:59 PM

QUOTE (Black Rose @ Dec 21 2010, 01:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's exactly the same here... Good luck on your work!!! 

P.S: I don't really think that you are annoying ._.

Thanks again. And well, you would change your opinion by spending some time with me, I mean, I can get pretty negative depending on the subject, wich led me to many ruined friendships.

#6 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 04:13 PM

Well if you're interested in becoming a mangaka you have a couple of choices.

-Become a Japanese.

-Move to Japan.

The first choice is a joke tongue.gif. But seriously if you want to become a mangaka then go for it, study hard as long as you believe in yourself you can achieve anything.The second choice is obvious I know manga is famous in the U.S but I don't know if they have schools where they support that kind of art.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#7 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 04:46 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Dec 21 2010, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well if you're interested in becoming a mangaka you have a couple of choices.

-Become a Japanese.

-Move to Japan.

The first choice is a joke tongue.gif. But seriously if you want to become a mangaka then go for it, study hard as long as you believe in yourself you can achieve anything.The second choice is obvious I know manga is famous in the U.S but I don't know if they have schools where they support that kind of art.

Ha, I know that already, tought, it would be nice live in Japan, everything is so different there, and another troublesome thing is that I don't live in the U.S., but actually in Brazil, and believe me, things here are nearly twice as hard to achieve than in Uncle Sam land, but believe me, if an series like this is successful here:

I'm pretty sure I have a chance.

And about manga schools, well, I got lucky about that, in my university I found a guy who is very good at manga and he gave me some lessons for about a whole year, wich gave some extra skills, but I still need to get better.

#8 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:you

Posted 21 December 2010 - 06:38 PM

Good luck with the mangaka thing!

eileenbeautifulswan_zps46b60759.gif

#9 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 01:55 AM

Random day just as usual, I gotta addimit I'm not too pumped for christmas, funny, I used to love this season when I was little, but now, I don't even care about it anymore, guess this is what people mean "getting old".
Ah, and about my manga, I'm finally settled my projetc, I aways were indecisive, some times I wanted to do an medieval fantasy series, other times an school comedy, or even an super hero series, but now I finally got it right. I decided to make an series around something I like, something I understand quite a bit, video games. Think about it, there is not too much mangas around based on the life of gamers or the game industry, so I might have a chance to do this right, but I still need to do a lot of research before starting anything, after all, the game industry isn't something simple to understand.

Well, that's all, se ya.

#10 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 02:26 AM

OHMIGOSH!!! You're from Brazil?? So am I biggrin.gif But I'm currently living in NY, USA
I know about that comic ^^ Actually, they changed the art style to Manga-ish around two years ago, around the time I left to live here.
What uni do you go to? I'll be going back soon and then I'll have to go to college XD
Anyways, it's good to know that I'm not the only Brazilian on this forum happy.gif

#11 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:52 AM

QUOTE (LadyCupcake @ Dec 23 2010, 03:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OHMIGOSH!!! You're from Brazil?? So am I biggrin.gif But I'm currently living in NY, USA
I know about that comic ^^ Actually, they changed the art style to Manga-ish around two years ago, around the time I left to live here.
What uni do you go to? I'll be going back soon and then I'll have to go to college XD
Anyways, it's good to know that I'm not the only Brazilian on this forum happy.gif

Lucky you, I wish I could go to the U.S., but I'm stuck here. And well, if you know about this comic, don't read it! From an average school comedy, it turned into an soup opera romance with all the cliché situations possible, and to think that it's the most popular manga around here...
What do you mean about uni? University?
Well, nice to know I'm not alone here too.

#12 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 10:33 AM

QUOTE (alexander @ Dec 23 2010, 03:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Random day just as usual, I gotta addimit I'm not too pumped for christmas, funny, I used to love this season when I was little, but now, I don't even care about it anymore, guess this is what people mean "getting old".
Ah, and about my manga, I'm finally settled my projetc, I aways were indecisive, some times I wanted to do an medieval fantasy series, other times an school comedy, or even an super hero series, but now I finally got it right. I decided to make an series around something I like, something I understand quite a bit, video games. Think about it, there is not too much mangas around based on the life of gamers or the game industry, so I might have a chance to do this right, but I still need to do a lot of research before starting anything, after all, the game industry isn't something simple to understand.

Well, that's all, se ya.

Oh, that's great! It would be awesome to read a manga based on video games a_spaz.gif I am looking forward to reading your series! biggrin.gif 

Hope that you make it smile.gif

#13 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 10:50 AM

QUOTE (Black Rose @ Dec 23 2010, 10:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh, that's great! It would be awesome to read a manga based on video games a_spaz.gif I am looking forward to reading your series! biggrin.gif 

Hope that you make it smile.gif

Thanks for the support, I hope it works too, now days is hard to come up with a story that is both original and interesting.

#14 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 10:53 AM

QUOTE (alexander @ Dec 23 2010, 12:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for the support, I hope it works too, now days is hard to come up with a story that is both original and interesting.

You are welcome a_hug.gif If you need help with anything just tell me, I want to support you as much as I can 

#15 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 10:46 PM

QUOTE (alexander @ Dec 23 2010, 06:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lucky you, I wish I could go to the U.S., but I'm stuck here. And well, if you know about this comic, don't read it! From an average school comedy, it turned into an soup opera romance with all the cliché situations possible, and to think that it's the most popular manga around here...
What do you mean about uni? University?
Well, nice to know I'm not alone here too.

Yeah, I mean university

#16 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 10:51 PM

QUOTE (LadyCupcake @ Dec 23 2010, 11:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, I mean university

Hum, I don't think you know it, it's called Unisalesiano.

#17 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 03:51 PM

Happy (late sweatdrop.gif) Birthday!!! biggrin.gif party.gif

#18 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 04:34 PM

QUOTE (Black Rose @ Dec 30 2010, 04:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Happy (late sweatdrop.gif) Birthday!!! biggrin.gif party.gif

Thanks.

#19 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 12:40 PM

It's been forever eh? Well, this last week was an real pain in the ass, first my computer broke down, then my uncle and his family came to visit, and I really dislike them all, it was a real nightmare, my little cousin is such an nuisance, aways using my brother computer without permission, and downloading programs without permission either, sigh, perhaps it was a good thing my computer broke down. They are finally gone at least. University is going to start again next week, and it's going to be the last year, so I predict hell coming. I also been on a block for my manga stories, can't come up with anything that sounds interesting. I was thinking about going to an RPG like medieval story, and also, I was planning to put an protagonist that is probally the most original part of the story, because unlike the usual goody two shoes and anti-heroes, he will be the bad guy, you know, the dude that do things of his own will, without caring about colateral, is violent and act only by the sword, and not for any sort of morals, just like many people of those times. I think it's an nice change of air from those usual shonen heroes, but I think I might need to tone down a little of his evilness in order to make him more "likeble".

#20 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 11:05 AM

It's raining so much right now, but I like it, as long as don't need to go outside tongue.gif This weekend I finally got cable tv at home, hooray for that. And I also entered on the valentine contest, you guys can check my drawing on the gallery section, or on deviantart here: http://tommyvercetty...t.com/#/d3agqzt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users