#61 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:53 PM

Silly Strider, argument tricks are for NH fans. XD

:( I'm like a NH fan then for my argument tricks.... :argh:  :argh:  :argh:  LOL It's Shadow's fault! 

#62 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:03 PM

I hear ya. The problem is that we lack explanation. We might get it later, I hope.

My only real problem is that if that really was her power all along that means she only used an extremely minimal amount of power in all of Part 2, and that just feels very wrong with me. The difference in power now is too huge.

Maybe it's a mixture of both, by using just 90% of her power for 3 years, while she kept constantly saving the other 10%, she is now able to increase it 1000% thanks to forming the seal. That's the only thing that would bode well with me.

Yeah, actually I do agree that the difference in power is too huge. Hope Kishi will give us more explanation and also clear up all the bashing Sasori is getting in the Japanese forums (he's one of my fave characters)  :smile:

Btw, when I read this chapter was I the only one who thought that few panels of Sakura looked very much like Misaka Mikoto? 

Edited by ramenanmitsu, 30 May 2013 - 06:04 PM.

268702-181926-kaworu-nagisa.jpg

#63 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:04 PM

:( I'm like a NH fan then for my argument tricks.... :argh:  :argh:  :argh:  LOL It's Shadow's fault! 

No, I mean confusing argument tricks to baffle other members. We were trying to be straight forward, but ended up confusing on accident.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#64 megi

megi

Resident Gardener

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:05 PM

I think Chatte's theory has a lot of ground to it. 

I looked through Japanese sites discussing the topic of Sakura's power so here are some theories I saw:

It was a choice that Sakura made to create her seal - a sacrifice - and the reason why it could not be released during her fight with the Scorpion. She would have nothing to release because it would dissipate. Now that it is done, she can now "indulge" as much chakra that she wants in the pool she made.

Almost everyone agrees that this is only "half of Sakura's power", I guess meaning she has more to show us. Some believe that her technique will be Tsunade's Byakugou, or some refinement of it.

There is a debate whether Sakura is able to do these skills do to Senju blood, but I do not believe Sakura has any Senju in her. 

Kishi really loves weaving in Japanese folktales into his story, one of the big ones being The Tales of Jiraiya the Gallant

In the story, Tsunade is a simple mountain maiden that happens to cross with an old man one day that teaches her slug magic. She masters it by training daily, while Jiraiya and Orochimaru were strong ninjas to begin with.

A great parallel to Sakura's character, who does not have distinct clan she comes from.

tumblr_n17tev6vc61t0ss41o1_500.jpg

"You've got the need. You've got the dream" 絆ってなんだ?

GNS for life

#65 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Hopefully, now, all that it gets to be cleared is the translation if it's Hyakugo or Byakugo.

I think Chatte's theory has a lot of ground to it. 

I looked through Japanese sites discussing the topic of Sakura's power so here are some theories I saw:

It was a choice that Sakura made to create her seal - a sacrifice - and the reason why it could not be released during her fight with the Scorpion. She would have nothing to release because it would dissipate. Now that it is done, she can now "indulge" as much chakra that she wants in the pool she made.

Almost everyone agrees that this is only "half of Sakura's power", I guess meaning she has more to show us. Some believe that her technique will be Tsunade's Byakugou, or some refinement of it.

There is a debate whether Sakura is able to do these skills do to Senju blood, but I do not believe Sakura has any Senju in her. 

Kishi really loves weaving in Japanese folktales into his story, one of the big ones being The Tales of Jiraiya the Gallant

In the story, Tsunade is a simple mountain maiden that happens to cross with an old man one day that teaches her slug magic. She masters it by training daily, while Jiraiya and Orochimaru were strong ninjas to begin with.

A great parallel to Sakura's character, who does not have distinct clan she comes from.

Wow that's really nice to hear.

Sadly, I don't know the whole tale so I don't know exactly about that... but the old main and the slug magic, Kishi pleeease let it be! Something even more cooler :D

@DKey, about that axe, dunno yet. May be a referral to her superhuman strength, or we may get something else later.

Edited by Chatte, 30 May 2013 - 06:07 PM.

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#66 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

Keeping the promise

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, NaruSaku, Guilty Gear, Blazblue, Love Hina, Full Metal Panic!, The Legend of Zelda, League of Legends, videogames and anime in general.

Hey, is not my fault that you misunderstood my words. :P

That aside, I think that the amount of chakra she stored from time to time would vary. Like, if she wasn't doing anything, then she would store 100% of her chakra, while when doing things (like healing Kankuro and battling Sasori) she would distribute the chakra between fighting and storing. Hence why Shizune is so impressed at her chakra control, since our Sakura controls it to perfection.

Edited by Shadow Wolf, 30 May 2013 - 06:07 PM.

#67 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:11 PM

That aside, I think that the amount of chakra she stored from time to time would vary. Like, if she wasn't doing anything, then she would store 100% of her chakra, while when doing things (like healing Kankuro and battling Sasori) she would distribute the chakra between fighting and storing. Hence why Shizune is so impressed at her chakra control, since our Sakura controls it to perfection.

Yeah, that must be the case.

In the end, it's the pinnacle of chakra control.

No wonder she was able to multi-task while healing Naruto.

Now at least that was cleared up for me.

#68 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:15 PM

This. I think she had control over how much she was pushing out toward the seal. When it came to battles, she shortened how much she would use toward the seal or it's even possible that she managed to insert close to nothing during her battles. 

When we look at her fight with Sasori, she managed to be of excellent use there even though she hadn't gained access to her chakra reserves/completed the seal. And notice that even during that time, she hadn't completely run out of chakra even though she was supposedly running low. 

It's also as Chatte said. If she would of used what she had reserved or whatever, it's possible she would of screwed up the storing process. 

Another good point is what Red said, basically flowing with what you've said here Shadow. She has control over how much she stores, so it's possible she was fighting at 95% or even 99% with 1% of the chakra going into the seal. I mean, 3 years of storage is a considerable amount so I'm sure she has a lot more than double her normal chakra.

#69 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:15 PM

Yeah, actually I do agree that the difference in power is too huge. Hope Kishi will give us more explanation and also clear up all the bashing Sasori is getting in the Japanese forums (he's one of my fave characters)  :smile:

Btw, when I read this chapter was I the only one who thought that few panels of Sakura looked very much like Misaka Mikoto? 

Poor Sasori. :lol:

I suppose that if Sakura had said "CHASER!" instead of "SHANNARO" we wouldn't have been able to tell the difference. :P

Mikoto is probably my favorite tsundere to this day. And there's the plus that she only has love for Touma, so she doesn't have to be confused about it.

#70 Akashi

Akashi

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:52 PM

Well, whatever it is I just hope that Sakura has more jutsus under her sleeve... It was stated back in part I that Sakura is genjutsu type, so I want her to somehow put those abilities to some use, plus I hope that she actually knows SSM. 

#71 Namikaze Sakura

Namikaze Sakura

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:32 AM

If she's saving up chakra for 3 years, then would that cover her battle with Sasori? Then, she could have owned Sasori better. But since that time, the seal is still incomplete.  So much power...

Is Sakura's diamond on her forehead larger than Tsunade's or Mito's? Or is it just the same..

#72 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:29 AM

Her forehead diamond might be the same but the difference might be the way they were drawn though it looks bigger than Mito's and Tsunade's.

#73 Dkey

Dkey

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:15 AM

Her forehead diamond might be the same but the difference might be the way they were drawn though it looks bigger than Mito's and Tsunade's.

The bigger the forehead the bigger diamond. :D It could mean that she is more powerful thou it's been hinted even in this chapter that she can be more powerful then Tsunade.

#74 Mistraal

Mistraal

Sakura's Personal Theorycrafter

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Interests:Game Design, Writing, Anime, Tabletop RPGs, Video Games, Nerdity in all forms.

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:38 AM

Something we need to consider too is that it's been about 9-12 months (Correct if wrong) in the Naruto world since the Sasori fight. Naruto has accomplished a lot since then (Sage Mode - Friends with Kurama) and Sasuke has mastered Asspull No Jutsu.. :sweatdrop: :hehehe:

Sakura could have achieved this power increase in the time since the Sasori fight if it's her "true" power and didn't come from the seal. She's been offscreen enough, who knows what she was doing?

I'm starting to get the feeling there was a lot going on with Tsunade and Sakura that Shizune didn't know about. :ermm:

Edited by Mistraal, 31 May 2013 - 07:39 AM.

tumblr_mn7ior22z51qgap4ho7_r1_500.png

So THAT'S how it is!!!!

#75 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:42 AM

The bigger the forehead the bigger diamond. :D It could mean that she is more powerful thou it's been hinted even in this chapter that she can be more powerful then Tsunade.

True, that might be the case here... Many people observed the fact that Sakura's forehead seal is bigger than Tsunade's and even Mito's so who knows?

@Mistraal I think that ever since her training with Tsunade started she's been doing it...Otherwise the 3 years mentioning wouldn't have been mentioned.

Do you guys even realize that this girl at the Age of friggin 12 took on a jutsu/seal/whatever that big? While Sasuke and Naruto were merely gaining their powers [level 1 cursed marked and 1 tail].

In this area, she's actually way ahead of them...

#76 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:49 AM

There has to be a few other significant differences between Hyakugou and Byakugou aside from the former being more attack oriented. Maybe it supplements Sakura's speed, agility, and other physical stats as well (propelling herself into the air and pushing ahead of her teammates is questionable). Essentially providing what could be considered a quasi SM to the user.

#77 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:52 AM

There has to be a few other significant differences between Hyakugou and Byakugou aside from the former being more attack oriented. Maybe it supplements Sakura's speed, agility, and other physical stats as well (propelling herself into the air and pushing ahead of her teammates is questionable). Essentially providing what could be considered a quasi SM to the user.

Exactly. I have been thinking at this.. it looks highly similar to SM attributes. The way almost everything has been hightened...

So maaaaaaaaaaaaaybe, she'll pull a SM as well? :fu:

Dunno, so many questiooons! Hope Kishi will answer them cause I am dying here of curiosity. :cry:

#78 Dkey

Dkey

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:17 AM

We still haven't seen how Hashirama is able to heal. We speculate it's associated with SM but we don't really know.

And Madara hailed Hashirama as better than  Tsunade at healing wounds. Now we had a small hint of Sakura healing some wounds without making any seals but to be honest we have to wait for further reveals.

2 different types of seals make sense but are they mutually exclusive?

Tsunade trained both herself and Sakura to achieve some form of offensive abilities that resembles Hashirama but did Tsunade went more on the healing part, because she saw that medic nins could save lives and so developed the skills necesary to heal any wounds.

While Sakura's motivation is to fight side by side (back to back whatever) with her team so healing cames in second.

Also there's a third person that Sakura is linked right now and that's Mito and we only know about 3 things. Jinchuuriki Hashirama's wife and Uzumaki.

#79 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:29 AM

But Madara said that before he witnessed Byakugou...after that he said "the same ability Hashirama possessed" so in terms of medical ninjutsu, one could say Tsunade surpassed her grandfather because she doesn't require SM to heal at that level. And in the battle of Madara and Hashirama, once he enters SM you can clearly see his wounds getting better, so I think that because of the SM Hashirama was able to do that.

And true, now we have 3 persons liked with Sakura...gaah, so many new details! Hope Kishi will clear them up.

As I see it, Kakashi comes to his resolve and Kishi said that next after Kakashi IS Sakura...

#80 Dkey

Dkey

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:38 AM

But Madara said that before he witnessed Byakugou...after that he said "the same ability Hashirama possessed" so in terms of medical ninjutsu, one could say Tsunade surpassed her grandfather because she doesn't require SM to heal at that level. And in the battle of Madara and Hashirama, once he enters SM you can clearly see his wounds getting better, so I think that because of the SM Hashirama was able to do that.

And true, now we have 3 persons liked with Sakura...gaah, so many new details! Hope Kishi will clear them up.

As I see it, Kakashi comes to his resolve and Kishi said that next after Kakashi IS Sakura...

Hmm maybe I was a bit wrong on how Tsunade was powerful. The image in my mind of that fight was Madara considering her weak and even her expressing a bit of disappointment in her accomplishments. I'll revisit it after work.

Regardless, Sakura needs to surpass her master and hopefully more details surface about Mito and the forehead diamond.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sakura haruno, byakugo, hyakugo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users