Naruto Shippuuden 217

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
45 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Kim_*

Guest_Kim_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2011 - 01:17 PM

QUOTE (JibJabba @ Jun 24 2011, 02:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Quite a bit of comedic relief in this one.

But what was the ''Sasuke is Sasuke'' thing all about, seems so damn unfitting after Karin and Sakura noticing just how much he has changed for the worse.

Yeah, I still don't understand what was that about. Who cares if he tried to kill Kakashi and Sakura, that's just Sasuke for you. sweat.gif

#22 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 24 June 2011 - 02:54 PM

But you have to remember the kid try's to kill everyone.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#23 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 24 June 2011 - 03:31 PM

QUOTE (Manara @ Jun 24 2011, 07:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
(damn picture of Sakura thinking in Sasuke and Hinata thinking in Naruto)

No, frankly that reinforced the opposite. The guy said anyone you ever liked, and he has a one sided crush on Sakura. Real simple- really bad reminder of how one guy she liked turned out really bad, Sakura's look when she thinks about Sasuke is about the most far from romantic you could possibly get- she looks like sick and depressed. Hinata whole way of thinking about Naruto has shifted away from a romantic crush to along the same lines as say how Rock Lee would think about Naruto. The romantic tones are absolutely not there at all on either.

The anime just draws out all ships for as long as they can to keep their ratings up. Surprised they haven't inserted a Hinata crushing on Sakura moment yet as Kishimoto playfully did in the bathhouse color illustration.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#24 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 03:33 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Jun 24 2011, 02:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There's plenty of shonen manga like that too, where the tsundere girl starts by having a one sided crush on a guy not interested in her. (you can even go right back to the first full blown tsundere source character: Akane Tendo- she crushed on Dr Tofu- and even grew her hair long because she thought that was what he liked... it took some time for her to develop feelings for Ranma.)

Kishimoto said long ago that Sakura thinking her feelings for Sasuke was what love was about was just done to show Sakura was young and misguided about love. She's grown up and faced the reality that one sided crushes are pointless and fell in love for real with the boy who loved her- a boy that had to learn too that the girl he loves was no longer the unattainable dream girl who thought she was in love with someone else, but a young woman who is very "attainable" now.

Lol, never tought you actually saw Sakura as an Tsundere. Well, I also think she is an Tsundere type anyway. The funny thing is that while the animators mess up Sakura character a lot, they also explore a lot more of her Tsundere traits, unlike Kishimoto.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#25 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 24 June 2011 - 04:28 PM

QUOTE (alexander @ Jun 24 2011, 11:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lol, never tought you actually saw Sakura as an Tsundere. Well, I also think she is an Tsundere type anyway. The funny thing is that while the animators mess up Sakura character a lot, they also explore a lot more of her Tsundere traits, unlike Kishimoto.

No, I said she's barely in that catagory for a shonen manga, she's more like the shoujo version of the tsundere type, and there are absolute legions of those stories where that type girl first crushes on one guy then falls in love with some guy who already had feelings for her, including the first full version of the shoujo tsundere- Lady Oscar from Rose of Versailles. She crushes on Ferson who has feelings for Marie Antoinette. Marie Antonette has feelings for him too and they do eventually get involved (even though she is married to Louis XVI of France....) Lady Oscar gradually falls in love with Andre, her childhood friend and sparring partner, and grandon of her family's housekeeper. She follows Andre into supporting the revolutionary cause, they become a couple and both die at the storming of the Bastile (back in the 1970's lots of shoujo manga had endings where the characters died.) More recently there's the live action adaption of Sailor Moon (unlike the anime, Naoko Takeuchi was heavily involved with the storyline for it, she has Makoto (Jupiter) have an experience where she had a crush on a boy that had no feelings for her, and mocked her for falling for his cruel joke of setting up a date (we see she baked cookies and waits for hours- including in pouring rain, for the boy, who never shows, but then mocks her in public for falling for it) When she first meets Motoki (a geeky guy who loves turtles, and falls for her at first sight) she's like "ugh what a geek" about him, but gradually she starts to like him, then love him. At the ending special at Usagi and Mamoru's wedding, Motoki proposes to Makato and she says yes. (she caught the bouquet).
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#26 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 10:45 PM

She is a tsundere type but like ciardha said not the type in shounens. Her love for the main character isn't made obvious or make us feel like its just a matter of time before they got together. To some people anyway. They have a less cliched development which I very much prefer.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#27 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 01:14 AM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Jun 24 2011, 03:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There's plenty of shonen manga like that too, where the tsundere girl starts by having a one sided crush on a guy not interested in her. (you can even go right back to the first full blown tsundere source character: Akane Tendo- she crushed on Dr Tofu- and even grew her hair long because she thought that was what he liked... it took some time for her to develop feelings for Ranma.)

Kishimoto said long ago that Sakura thinking her feelings for Sasuke was what love was about was just done to show Sakura was young and misguided about love. She's grown up and faced the reality that one sided crushes are pointless and fell in love for real with the boy who loved her- a boy that had to learn too that the girl he loves was no longer the unattainable dream girl who thought she was in love with someone else, but a young woman who is very "attainable" now.

Well yeah, but as you see Akane got over him pretty quickly and well frankly its not ambiguous about her moving on from him because she doesn't have thoughts of him every now and then which is why some of us will only breath easy when there is anther confession between Naruto and Sakura and it is not received so negatively and looks appears as a lie (I only say this because Sakura's last confession looked suspicious to the general public and many people screamed LIES!!!)

QUOTE (ciardha @ Jun 24 2011, 04:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, frankly that reinforced the opposite. The guy said anyone you ever liked, and he has a one sided crush on Sakura. Real simple- really bad reminder of how one guy she liked turned out really bad, Sakura's look when she thinks about Sasuke is about the most far from romantic you could possibly get- she looks like sick and depressed. Hinata whole way of thinking about Naruto has shifted away from a romantic crush to along the same lines as say how Rock Lee would think about Naruto. The romantic tones are absolutely not there at all on either.

The anime just draws out all ships for as long as they can to keep their ratings up. Surprised they haven't inserted a Hinata crushing on Sakura moment yet as Kishimoto playfully did in the bathhouse color illustration.

again OTHER people see it like that and quite obviously its only taken that way because that thought of Sasuke came right after" the guy you like must be a great person" statement even though it doesn't make sense for her to see him romantically anymore people still think so. the biggest evidence of this is on Narutopedia where it said "she is still in love with Sasuke and is saddened by what he became" and it wasn't taken off as biased B*******! (excuse me I have to rant on this for a minute) !%%!%^#&$%%&**((^()^%(^( _)&(#(#(&^)@#)^+^^(#(#^+&(&^(#%((*(#&)$&)&)&)&(#&(@&(&(#&)^)*&^&W#%@#$%%^%&^*&*(*)((&*&^^$%^^#%^#%$&%*%^&*!!!!!!!! rawr.gif rawr.gif rawr.gif rawr.gif rawr.gif rawr.gif !!!!!!!!!!!! okay better. anyways now I know what you're saying that their biased and its most likely true but the point is that is how the general public sees it, pure physical evidence on their thoughts though not fact, at least in the west (Man, they will Whoop to the moon until their lungs burst when that chapter is dubbed) so it HAS TO BE CLEARED UP in the future cool.gif

Edited by Phantom_999, 29 June 2011 - 02:07 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#28 TerrorKing

TerrorKing

Glorified lurker of the deep!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 08:46 PM

Well, so we didn't get to see Kabuto this time either. mad.gif Well that's somewhat disappointing, but hey, there's always next week. happy.gif

Other than that, it was a good episode. I especially liked the filler stuff actually, except for that whole "Sasuke is Sasuke" thing I mean seriously what the hell?! I was almost expecting them all to go "Ah Sasuuuuuuuke!" and then laugh. argh1.png

However the scene with Yamato scolding Naruto was just plain hilarious. I've always liked Yamato for the simple reason that even though he tries, and mostly succeeds, at being intimidating he still comes off as rather goofy, even more so than Kakashi. rolleyes.gif

One thing I never like about this entire arc was how Sakura seemed to get scolded left and right, while Naruto got off the hook rather easily, so its nice to see the anime trying to even things out a little. tongue.gif

Overall a good episode. The anime seems to be catching up to the manga. Hopefully we won't get another filler arc anytime soon, because if we do, that means we will have to wait longer to see Kushina and Minato and the whole incident where Madara attacked Konoha and I am SO looking forward to that. a_dance.gif

ragnorak-heavydose-500-2.jpg

Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die

Won't you run, live to fly,

fly to live, Aces high

#29 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 12:45 AM

But I still don't like that excess content the animators put in that totally ruin scenes or cause misunderstandings dry.gif

Edited by Phantom_999, 27 June 2011 - 03:22 AM.

#30 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 02:20 AM

QUOTE (TerrorKing @ Jun 26 2011, 03:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Overall a good episode. The anime seems to be catching up to the manga. Hopefully we won't get another filler arc anytime soon, because if we do, that means we will have to wait longer to see Kushina and Minato and the whole incident where Madara attacked Konoha and I am SO looking forward to that. a_dance.gif

A few spoilers in here for people who don't read the manga. --Click here to view--
Agreed, I hope the marathon of flashbacks they've doing lately was to avoid another filler arc before the Jinchuriki Confinement Arc starts. I'm looking forward to Guy and Kisame's fight. Seriously, that was like DBZ Epic.

But for some reason, unfortunately, I can see them doing a filler arc while Naruto's on the boat. Something with Naruto, Yamato, Guy, and Aoba (I think that's his name) before they get to the turtle island. Hopefully it's as short as the Rokubi Arc though, I can handle that.

Edited by Boom...Winning, 27 June 2011 - 03:05 AM.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#31 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 03:23 AM

OH YEAH!!! Something to look forward to! laugh.gif laugh.gif boogie.gif boogie.gif a_dance.gif a_dance.gif

#32 Kuraudo

Kuraudo

Dattebayo!

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Art (Photoshop, Drawing, Painting etc.), Manga, Anime, Hardware &amp; Software genius, Tennis, Music... :)

Posted 28 June 2011 - 02:25 PM

I like the episode. It's fine. But, "Sasuke is Sasuke"? Lol, great! biggrin.gif

#33 narutouzumaki50

narutouzumaki50

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:33 PM

It was an ok episode. But sasuke is sasuke what the hell?
It burns to be me!!

#34 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 09:23 PM

I know right!? rawr.gif another useless anime only comment that throws off the character and now Naruto will be bashed by the anime fans facepalm.png

Edited by Phantom_999, 28 June 2011 - 09:23 PM.

#35 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 12:49 AM

I pretty much agreed with everyone else's comments on the episode - Naruto's line about Sasuke and Sakura's downplayed smile to Naruto being parts that irked me, and Yamato's anger with Naruto and Karin commenting on Naruto's chakra being highlights of the episode.

Can't wait to see the stuff with Kushina - if they're going to put filler to stretch out canon moments, I wouldn't mind further elaboration on Kushina and Minato's back story (as in, how they met, fell in love, etc). I think that would be interesting and nice to watch personally. wub.gif
0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#36 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 29 June 2011 - 01:04 AM

I gave up on watching the anime for a while because of how they're treating the characters, but this episode wasn't half bad.

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#37 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 01:06 AM

QUOTE (Paptala @ Jun 28 2011, 08:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I pretty much agreed with everyone else's comments on the episode - Naruto's line about Sasuke and Sakura's downplayed smile to Naruto being parts that irked me, and Yamato's anger with Naruto and Karin commenting on Naruto's chakra being highlights of the episode.

Can't wait to see the stuff with Kushina - if they're going to put filler to stretch out canon moments, I wouldn't mind further elaboration on Kushina and Minato's back story (as in, how they met, fell in love, etc). I think that would be interesting and nice to watch personally. wub.gif

I'd like to see more of Kushina acting tsundere toward Minato when they were kids. laugh.gif

#38 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 01:14 AM

what? just to see more parallels to NS pictureem0.gif not that I disagree though a_thumbs.gif

Edited by Phantom_999, 29 June 2011 - 01:14 AM.

#39 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 01:27 AM

With how much Pierot has screw up the anime I wouldn't be surprise if they make Kushina acting more like Hinata. facepalm.png
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#40 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 01:52 AM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Jun 29 2011, 09:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
With how much Pierot has screw up the anime I wouldn't be surprise if they make Kushina acting more like Hinata. facepalm.png

I hope you're joking. That kind of screw up will cause Kishi to completely stop the production of the anime. That is if he wasn't bound with a contract. They only screwed up little details that you guys are not happy with and wanted it to be just perfect. Maybe they added NH and SS moments but what do you expect from a company living off from viewer ratings? I mean they still served us NS fans with the "Sakura naked drawing Naruto using her hot breath on a glass" ending. And don't forget the OVA.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users