^ NaLu meine lub #ever1curr

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Interests:omgawrsh y u do dis, Y U READING

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:21 AM

Here is a link to the article on the LA Times:

http://www.latimes.c...0,4807693.story

In short, there was a shooting at a movie theater in Colorad that left several dead and others severely wounded. This just...gave me feels...sad.gif
OTP and my Bby

#2 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:49 AM

I was actually at the walmart across the street from the theater picking up some munchies a few hours before the shooting, was genna see the movie with a friend there but he backed out. Lucky me mellow.gif

Link with cell phone video

Edited by Muffins?, 20 July 2012 - 01:14 PM.

JLHza2T.png

#3 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:44 PM

QUOTE (Muffins? @ Jul 20 2012, 12:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was actually at the walmart across the street from the theater picking up some munchies a few hours before the shooting, was genna see the movie with a friend there but he backed out. Lucky me mellow.gif

Link with cell phone video

You and your friend were VERY lucky.

I heard about this terrible shooting as soon as the news broke, while I was relaxing at home after work. My thoughts are with the victims and their families. sad.gif All they wanted to do was enjoy a night out at the new Batman movie, and they found themselves in a nightmare instead.

I will never understand why some people decide to go out and start shooting innocent people. I hope the guy the police arrested was the only one involved in the attack, as there were conflicting reports about whether there was a second attacker or not.

Let's keep the innocent victims in our thoughts and prayers.

#4 PachucoDesigns

PachucoDesigns

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 02:40 PM

That's great. I just wake up, and already, I find another story of something tragic happening in my state. I need to move.

I'm going to see that movie tonight, too. That's not very inspiring.

Edited by PachucoDesigns, 20 July 2012 - 02:45 PM.

On the morning of Wednesday, April 11th, 2012, my Aunt Karla passed away. She was my mother's baby sister, and my coolest aunt when I was a kid. She was the best babysitter ever, and she was like an older sister to me.

Karly, I don't know if you can hear this. I am not a believer, I haven't been since Sheryl died. But if you can, I want you to know that I'm truly sorry for everything bad I've ever said about you. When you were suffering, I should have been there to help you. I should have visited. I should have encouraged you to leave the house and get a job, to be active and alive the way you used to be.

I promise that I will do everything that I can to be successful and a good person, to make you proud the way you would have wanted me to. No matter what I said, I loved you. And I will always love you. Rest in Peace, you will never be forgotten.

#5 Anguyen92

Anguyen92

Loving hockey games and Hard Rock Music

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
  • Interests:Reading forums, and listening to hard rock/alt rock music.

Posted 20 July 2012 - 02:56 PM

That's pretty sick to hear and not in a good way. Condolences to those that suffered in the incident and to the families that had to hear the unfortunate/tragic news.

Edited by Anguyen92, 20 July 2012 - 02:58 PM.

abiiisig8.jpg

whatcolor_iswhite.jpg

#6 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:02 PM

How terrible, awful news to wake up to. Glad you're okay Muff

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#7 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:10 PM

I couldn't see the Dark Knight at a midnight showing because of my kiddos, but to think that one can even do that safely is so sad. This person clearly had a purpose a sick and twisted one at that. So many had to die for no reason at all, may they all rest in peace. Good thing you're alright Muffins, that was just too much of a close call. Honestly whats the world coming too...

Edited by Konohakitten, 20 July 2012 - 04:11 PM.

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#8 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:32 PM

This really hit my mood today, thoughts go out to the families that were effected by this event. I also just saw what the guy looked like and for a second he looked like Toby Turner and I was like oh god why?!

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#9 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:12 PM

USA Today article saying his apartment was "extensively" booby trapped

Edited by The Notorious L.I.D., 20 July 2012 - 05:13 PM.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#10 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Jul 20 2012, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You and your friend were VERY lucky.

I heard about this terrible shooting as soon as the news broke, while I was relaxing at home after work. My thoughts are with the victims and their families. sad.gif All they wanted to do was enjoy a night out at the new Batman movie, and they found themselves in a nightmare instead.

I will never understand why some people decide to go out and start shooting innocent people. I hope the guy the police arrested was the only one involved in the attack, as there were conflicting reports about whether there was a second attacker or not.

Let's keep the innocent victims in our thoughts and prayers.

I heard about it when the news broke too.

From what I've heard there was only one gunman but if you ask me he had to have had an accomplice because he was caught with a rifle, a shotgun and two pistols so there is no way in hell he could have walked inthrough the front door, at least God I hope not, also his car was parked behind the theatre so the only place he could have entered that makes any form of sense would be the fire exit and those thing only open out and can't be opend from the outside so somebody had to let him in and I hope they catch the bastard, and as for the gunman I hope they fry his ass.

And of course my thoughts and prayers go out the victims and their families.

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#11 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:01 PM

And to believe I saw a midnight showing of the film just this morning... I can't believe something like this would happen. It makes me scared that something like this could have happened at the theater I went too, I'm just glad nothing like that happened. My condolences goes out to those who were effected. sad.gif

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#12 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:17 PM

QUOTE (The Notorious L.I.D. @ Jul 20 2012, 11:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
USA Today article saying his apartment was "extensively" booby trapped

Seriously for real?!

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#13 PachucoDesigns

PachucoDesigns

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE (Konohakitten @ Jul 20 2012, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Seriously for real?!

Yeah. Apparently the guy thinks he's The Joker. I'm on my way to see that movie tonight, too. Feels ominous.

(I can't get over your signature pic. It's sad. lol)
On the morning of Wednesday, April 11th, 2012, my Aunt Karla passed away. She was my mother's baby sister, and my coolest aunt when I was a kid. She was the best babysitter ever, and she was like an older sister to me.

Karly, I don't know if you can hear this. I am not a believer, I haven't been since Sheryl died. But if you can, I want you to know that I'm truly sorry for everything bad I've ever said about you. When you were suffering, I should have been there to help you. I should have visited. I should have encouraged you to leave the house and get a job, to be active and alive the way you used to be.

I promise that I will do everything that I can to be successful and a good person, to make you proud the way you would have wanted me to. No matter what I said, I loved you. And I will always love you. Rest in Peace, you will never be forgotten.

#14 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:38 PM

This is a piece I wrote from some thoughts that were on my mind this morning. - article.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#15 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:15 PM

I don't know what to say. This is just...ridiculous. Shocking. Depressing.
May the victims rest in peace...

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#16 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:29 PM

This was all over the news today (ABC News was all over it around noon hours). This guy, James Holmes, came in with a gas mask, helmet, groin protector, and bullet-proof vest, threw a gas bomb, and shot about over 70 people. 12 are dead and I heard one of the victims was a baby. And some of the shots were hitting the next door theater, killing one in the process.

And his apartment was booby trapped, with a bomb, evacuating not only the neighbors in the apartment, but the whole street because the bomb may have deadly chemicals.

I seriously don't know what's in this guy's mind... but that's a true psycho.

Oh and get this, majority of the victims were in the military, since the theaters were near a military base.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#17 Dragunov

Dragunov

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts
  • Interests:lol git

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:30 PM

QUOTE (PachucoDesigns @ Jul 20 2012, 11:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah. Apparently the guy thinks he's The Joker. I'm on my way to see that movie tonight, too. Feels ominous.

(I can't get over your signature pic. It's sad. lol)

Not the time nor place to talk about signature pics.

#18 PachucoDesigns

PachucoDesigns

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:42 PM

QUOTE (Dragunov @ Jul 20 2012, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not the time nor place to talk about signature pics.

Yeah, I'm in the state where this happened. My cousin is in the same zip code. Don't be a bleeding heart.

#19 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:58 PM

I only have two things to share:

Don't Let Him Win. --Click here to view--

#20 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:you

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:04 AM

QUOTE (PachucoDesigns @ Jul 20 2012, 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, I'm in the state where this happened. My cousin is in the same zip code. Don't be a bleeding heart.

I'm pretty sure he was just asking you to keep on-topic. Also, that doesn't make you immune.

eileenbeautifulswan_zps46b60759.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users