33 replies to this topic

#1 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

f**k the establishment! I'm a bunny!

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:41 PM

This has been on the back of my head for a while now and I decided that it's time to share it with you guys. There's a little bit of confusion of when events happen in the history of the ninja world.

So my question is, do you think that Masashi Kishimoto should make a timeline of the history of the ninja world either through some databook or fanbook or whatever means necessary to make one? Now obviously, if he does go through with it, the zero point of the ninja world calender would be the point in their time were the Nine Tailed Fox attacked the Hidden Leaf Village. What do you think he'll call the years before and after the zero point of the Nine Tails attack? This is what I think:

Before Nine Tails=BNT-Preceded by the attack of the Nine Tailed Fox
Year of Nine Tails=YNT-Zero point of the timeline
After Nine Tails=ANT-Succeeded by the attack of the Nine Tailed Fox

Would you like it if Kishi made a timeline of the ninja world history to either fill up plot holes or make corrections of when certain events happened? I want to know what you guys think so please feel free to discuss anyways.

#2 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 04:23 PM

Maybe, but what I am more concerned about is it how long between each manga. The time between then has varied so much that while it seems like something that should take hours takes weeks or something that takes weeks happens within hours in their timeline.
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#3 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 16 August 2010 - 04:32 PM

QUOTE (K9ofChaos @ Aug 16 2010, 11:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Would you like it if Kishi made a timeline of the ninja world history to either fill up plot holes or make corrections of when certain events happened? I want to know what you guys think so please feel free to discuss anyways.

It would be great if Kishimoto did one!

I did one some time back and am working on a new one right now- since Kishimoto recently gave us a huge bit of Konoha and pre Konoha history. I'm a chronology geek and love playing around with that sort of thing.

Edited by ciardha, 16 August 2010 - 04:34 PM.

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#4 Ulgamoth

Ulgamoth

H&E's Sun Pokemon

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Interests:I like Naruto, hence me being here. I also enjoy Death Note manga, Dragon Ball and DBZ manga and Full Metal Alchemist manga. In to metal music but can listen to ALMOST anything. Love playing video games, specifically Pokemon. Currently working on Pokemon Black. Spore is EPIC and so is Fallout New Vegas. Disturbed in the house, droppin' plates!

Posted 16 August 2010 - 05:19 PM

I think the "zero point" as you call it will be the defection of Madara Uchiha. And I really hope it goes into the time of the Sage of the Six Paths, because in my mind, that takes place a couple millennia before Naruto's time.

Edited by Kaiō-Ken, 16 August 2010 - 05:21 PM.

Deep in the jungle camouflaged by all the fallen leaves
A hand holds up the sky while shamefully I make my plea
The alter's callin' but my legs won't seem to stand
Guess I'm a coward scared to face the man I am

#5 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 05:48 PM

QUOTE (Kaiō-Ken @ Aug 16 2010, 01:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the "zero point" as you call it will be the defection of Madara Uchiha. And I really hope it goes into the time of the Sage of the Six Paths, because in my mind, that takes place a couple millennia before Naruto's time.

I think that the time of the Sage of the Six Paths could still be a couple of millennia even with the Nine Tailed Fox attack as the zero point because to me, it would make sense if the zero point was where it all began with the series but that's just my opinion.

#6 Ulgamoth

Ulgamoth

H&E's Sun Pokemon

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Interests:I like Naruto, hence me being here. I also enjoy Death Note manga, Dragon Ball and DBZ manga and Full Metal Alchemist manga. In to metal music but can listen to ALMOST anything. Love playing video games, specifically Pokemon. Currently working on Pokemon Black. Spore is EPIC and so is Fallout New Vegas. Disturbed in the house, droppin' plates!

Posted 16 August 2010 - 06:36 PM

QUOTE (K9ofChaos @ Aug 16 2010, 01:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think that the time of the Sage of the Six Paths could still be a couple of millennia even with the Nine Tailed Fox attack as the zero point because to me, it would make sense if the zero point was where it all began with the series but that's just my opinion.

While in terms of our perspective, the beginning of the series or the birth of the main character would make sense, but I'm looking at it from the perspective of the entire Naruto universe. While I would place the Sage at zero, it happened so long ago that it isn't as groundbreaking as Madara Uchiha v Hashirama Senju.

Deep in the jungle camouflaged by all the fallen leaves
A hand holds up the sky while shamefully I make my plea
The alter's callin' but my legs won't seem to stand
Guess I'm a coward scared to face the man I am

#7 jim1982

jim1982

Wow, rule 34... it is Madness!

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:14 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Aug 16 2010, 12:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It would be great if Kishimoto did one!

I did one some time back and am working on a new one right now- since Kishimoto recently gave us a huge bit of Konoha and pre Konoha history. I'm a chronology geek and love playing around with that sort of thing.

I would hope a time line would come about from about all the information that is being dropped. As for a zero point, the Kyuubi attack/birth of Naruto wold be the best choice series wise. Similar to like the Star Wars time line uses the Battle of Yavin as that series zero point.
Funny Naruto Comic: http://nekoni.devian...nowman-73499115

[size=7]Picture done by Nekoni (nekoni.deviantart.com)

#8 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 11:02 PM

QUOTE (jim1982 @ Aug 16 2010, 06:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would hope a time line would come about from about all the information that is being dropped. As for a zero point, the Kyuubi attack/birth of Naruto wold be the best choice series wise. Similar to like the Star Wars time line uses the Battle of Yavin as that series zero point.

Star Wars FTW!

I agree that this event would be the best choice for a zero point.

I'd love it if Kishimoto could make a timeline.

#9 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 11:50 PM

Instead, we should make one :>

Then send it to Kishi to make our pairing even more cannon xD

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#10 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 12:00 AM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ Aug 16 2010, 06:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Instead, we should make one :>

Then send it to Kishi to make our pairing even more cannon xD

Kishi: But i don't read fan mail. biggrin.gif

#11 Strangelove

Strangelove

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 12:25 AM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Aug 17 2010, 01:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kishi: But i don't read fan mail. biggrin.gif

Strangelove: :<

Edited by Strangelove, 17 August 2010 - 12:25 AM.

#12 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 17 August 2010 - 01:12 AM

QUOTE (Kaiō-Ken @ Aug 16 2010, 01:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I doubt if it's that far back, if it was that far back even Madara wouldn't have known he was descended from the Rikou Sennin, the family line would have become so diffuse, even noble lines that it would be lost, I know that from western genealogy research- even if you are lucky enough to connect to European nobility, things get really sketchy before the 600's (tying into Charlemagne's line and his ancestry is basically what makes going even that far back, a lot of the other noble and royal lines fade into the unknown by the 800's. A fair number, far more recent centuries wise than that- no further than 1400's or 1500's.

It's pretty much the same in Japan with even noble/royal ancestry pre 600's ancestry is very sketchy, and even the Emperor's line becomes rather questionable before the 300's (some modern Japanese historians even state anyone before Empress Suiko in the 500's is questionable)

I think 300-400 years is more likely (from Madara/Hashirama's generation, so close to another hundred years for Sasuke/Naruto's generation), that's about the limit for a good traceable line like what Madara knows.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#13 Strangelove

Strangelove

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 01:28 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Aug 17 2010, 02:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I doubt if it's that far back, if it was that far back even Madara wouldn't have known he was descended from the Rikou Sennin, the family line would have become so diffuse, even noble lines that it would be lost, I know that from western genealogy research- even if you are lucky enough to connect to European nobility, things get really sketchy before the 600's (tying into Charlemagne's line and his ancestry is basically what makes going even that far back, a lot of the other noble and royal lines fade into the unknown by the 800's. A fair number, far more recent centuries wise than that- no further than 1400's or 1500's.

It's pretty much the same in Japan with even noble/royal ancestry pre 600's ancestry is very sketchy, and even the Emperor's line becomes rather questionable before the 300's (some modern Japanese historians even state anyone before Empress Suiko in the 500's is questionable)

I think 300-400 years is more likely (from Madara/Hashirama's generation, so close to another hundred years for Sasuke/Naruto's generation), that's about the limit for a good traceable line like what Madara knows.

That's what birth certificates are for.

#14 Davidos

Davidos

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts
  • Interests:Music, Anime , Manga, Gaming and playing guitar/piano

Posted 18 August 2010 - 04:01 PM

I like this idea K9 but i think the timeline would be more like before Konoha was founded and after. So they would tell more how exactly the Senju and Uchiha became so great and what any other clans might have had "big names". Since Kushina told that Uzumaki clan was very feared for theyre sealing jutsu's and got wiped out because of it and some extra background story on this clan would be awesome cool.gif

#15 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:46 PM

QUOTE (Davidos @ Aug 18 2010, 12:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like this idea K9 but i think the timeline would be more like before Konoha was founded and after. So they would tell more how exactly the Senju and Uchiha became so great and what any other clans might have had "big names". Since Kushina told that Uzumaki clan was very feared for theyre sealing jutsu's and got wiped out because of it and some extra background story on this clan would be awesome cool.gif

So if it was like that then it would look like this:

BLF=Before Leaf Founding
YLF=Year of Leaf Founding
ALF=After Leaf Founding

I'm fine with the zero point being either the Nine Tails Attack/Birth of Naruto or the founding of the Hidden Leaf Village.

Edited by K9ofChaos, 19 August 2010 - 08:48 PM.

#16 Strangelove

Strangelove

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:49 PM

and the next one

YLD=Year of Leaf Destruction [Pain invasion]

#17 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 08:58 PM

Okay, it's been a while since someone posted here. I have a question for all of you. Do you think that there would be leap years in the Narutoverse or would you think that Kishi wouldn't make them exist in the first place? I personally would go with the latter just for the sake of it's simplicity and I wouldn't have to memorize which years in the Narutoverse wear leap years.

Any thoughts guy?

#18 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 09:59 PM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ Aug 17 2010, 09:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's what birth certificates are for.

Which didn't exist before the 20th century. Right around 1910-20 it seemed to occur as a concept in most then industrialized countries. (1911 in the US. My maternal grandfather and neither of my paternal grandparents had birth certificates. In the west before that births were recorded in local and church registries and family bibles. In Japan there were family registries and that's how records go back as far as they do, but before a certain point there are no records, and the even the early records are viewed as very sketchy. Even samurai clans (bottom of the noble/warrior classes, and the largest segment of that class) tend not to trace back much further than around the year 1000- unless a royal ancestor is in their tree.

#19 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:06 PM

I don't find the chronology of the manga hard to follow at all, so I don't really see a point in making a timeline. Who knows though maybe I'm just supah smart emoticon_monocle.gif

JLHza2T.png

#20 Merger Knight

Merger Knight

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 02:40 PM

There is all this Talking about a Time Line, But no Actually dates.

Six Sage Path - ?????
Founding of Leaf - ??????
1st Hokage / Uchia Fight - ???????
Jaryia Traing the 3 Rains - ????????
Kakashi Gets the Sharigan - ??????????
4th Saves Villiage From 9 tails - ???????
Lee, Tenten, Neji Graduate - ??????????
The other 9 Graduate - ?????????
Chuni Exams - July 1 ????????
Suskue Leaves - ??????????
Naruto Returns from Training - ?????????

I put some important dates tehre and I think they are in the right order. I know the cghuni exams happened in July.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users