• This topic is locked This topic is locked
129 replies to this topic

#21 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 05 May 2010 - 06:53 PM

If you ask me, I stopped caring about pairings many moons ago. I grew sick with the childish bickering from any ship, even this one, so I decided to abandon ship completely and just read the manga without really expecting any pairing to happen at all. I'm a moderator on a NaruSaku fanboard, so it's obvious that I still carry a slight torch for Sakura to get with Naruto in the end, but I stopped caring if it happens or not. Now we can see how shippers act if they can't even translate manga objectively, so why should we even care? Naruto isn't even that good anymore, so I don't really get it. I guess I grew out of my Naruto faze.

The only thing that sucks, is that I don't have any motivation to continue my fanfics because of my lack of interest in the series. I read the chapter every weak out of habit, and because I've read it for so long, so I want to see it end so I haven't wasted years on this.

#22 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 08:02 PM

QUOTE (Vyse @ May 5 2010, 11:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you ask me, I stopped caring about pairings many moons ago. I grew sick with the childish bickering from any ship, even this one, so I decided to abandon ship completely and just read the manga without really expecting any pairing to happen at all. I'm a moderator on a NaruSaku fanboard, so it's obvious that I still carry a slight torch for Sakura to get with Naruto in the end, but I stopped caring if it happens or not. Now we can see how shippers act if they can't even translate manga objectively, so why should we even care? Naruto isn't even that good anymore, so I don't really get it. I guess I grew out of my Naruto faze.

The only thing that sucks, is that I don't have any motivation to continue my fanfics because of my lack of interest in the series. I read the chapter every weak out of habit, and because I've read it for so long, so I want to see it end so I haven't wasted years on this.

Wow, that's....depressing.

That's like saying "I no longer want to be a catholic, but I still read the bible and go to church out of habit."
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#23 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 05 May 2010 - 08:11 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ May 5 2010, 04:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, that's....depressing.

That's like saying "I no longer want to be a catholic, but I still read the bible and go to church out of habit."

Actually I see what Vyse is getting at. The pairing wars ruins a lot of the Naruto fandom because its all some people want to talk about. Ive had my times where Ive been really annoyed even by our shippers. As for getting tired of Naruto, it happens. I stopped keeping track of Inuyasha years ago, but read the ending anyway because I had followed it for a good while so might as well finish it.
\

#24 pharix

pharix

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 08:13 PM

so both mangastream and sleepyfans were wrong? O_o

#25 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 05 May 2010 - 09:20 PM

Actually, this isn't the first time purposeful mistranslation has happened. Some of us who have been following this for a while, have seen sabotage along these lines for many a moon now. Oh and gaiz, sleepyfan is one of the worst scanalation groups in this regard.

#26 untold62

untold62

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 09:20 PM

^
^It seems that way so both may be biased.

Looking at the overall points marked more accurately, Sakura chosen Naruto and it is a fact. It would explain their last encounter as well, at the Ichiraku ramen, where the moment was a little awkward. It proves that the confession was indeed real. It explains why Naruto collapsed on the ground hyper-ventilating, taking too much info at once and his whole world turned upside down (thus the broken team 7 photo). Everyone made his decision and now it's up to Kishimoto to present the final scene of Naruto and Sakura.It isn't a surprise as well because we all quite knew Sakura has fallen in love with Naruto. Romance may not be a main in Kishimoto's view, but I think he wrote an entire romantic novel. Right now I am reading "Red and Black" by Stendhal and it presents in my opinion a storyline same to Naruto (but I haven't read it all, though). It presents many love triangles and the idea of someone wanted to be acknowledged in the higher society. I recommend it to who wants to read a pure psychologic novel smile.gif

The only thing I can say, is that NaruSaku is cannon and it was since the beginnings but only now it materializes itself.

EDIT: Btw, I am kind of sleepy so I may have bad reasoning right now...

Edited by untold62, 05 May 2010 - 09:30 PM.

#27 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 05 May 2010 - 09:23 PM

QUOTE (pharix @ May 5 2010, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so both mangastream and sleepyfans were wrong? O_o

Rereading the MS version, assuming from the recent issue, there were grammatical errors (and this was translated by Hisshouburaiken for Mangastream/Binktopia). And since Japanese is very hard to translate because of kanji, hiragana and katakana scripts, plus the language and grammar are very different than English, you have to realize that it has to be translate so it can make sense to readers who reads English.

And ever since that issue with the translator's comment about "Sai BETTER not go to Sakura about Naruto's feelings, he should've focus on Hinata's confession", the fans really irritates me because they want things their way/opinion. I'm currently having that in school, I don't wanna more of it on the net.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#28 socermania2

socermania2

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 02:09 AM

QUOTE (Derock @ May 5 2010, 09:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Rereading the MS version, assuming from the recent issue, there were grammatical errors (and this was translated by Hisshouburaiken for Mangastream/Binktopia). And since Japanese is very hard to translate because of kanji, hiragana and katakana scripts, plus the language and grammar are very different than English, you have to realize that it has to be translate so it can make sense to readers who reads English.

And ever since that issue with the translator's comment about "Sai BETTER not go to Sakura about Naruto's feelings, he should've focus on Hinata's confession", the fans really irritates me because they want things their way/opinion. I'm currently having that in school, I don't wanna more of it on the net.

So wait?

The pairing wars ended some weeks back, but translators twisted the translation?

Hmm... well, whatever. Japanese is a hard language to translate.
BLACK AND WHITE

#29 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 02:24 AM

The way I see it I think the translators are probably doing in it on purpose so the pairing wars continue, or perhaps they want to keep shippers from all pairings to keep believing that there's still chance for their fav pairing to actually happen. Maybe I'm thinking too much about this but it seems they want to mistranslate to keep adding fire to the pairing war.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#30 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 06 May 2010 - 02:50 AM

QUOTE (socermania2 @ May 5 2010, 09:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So wait?

The pairing wars ended some weeks back, but translators twisted the translation?

Hmm... well, whatever. Japanese is a hard language to translate.

Well they wont be over until Naruto and Sakura actually are together. But Sai definitely said that Sakura used to be in love with Sasuke and that she really did confess her feelings for Naruto. Like Derock said, the translators can be fickle so one might've done it because they're frustrated over Hinata not getting any mentions in what seems like forever. I want to say it was just a mistake, that something was lost in translation, but like some have previously stated, stuff like this has happened before.
\

#31 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 03:40 AM

The Emperor has no clothes!

So wait...what this whole thing is about a translation scandal, but this is on a larger point, stuff like this has happened before yeah, but this isn't just the same old, yeah another hint we told you so kind of thing is it?

Then what doesn't make this a vast conspiracy in which the online translators actually work for Shonen Jump and give false translations in order to keep people buying the volumes in other countries thus increasing their revenue stream in order to keep a high viewership and that they say they're cracking down because someone caught wind of it so they're just using it as an excuse for more direct readership!?! argh1.png Are we all just pawns to a corporation!?!

SLAP!!!!

Dramatic accent: SNAP OUT OF IT MAN!

........Okay I'm back! laugh.gif What I really think is that this seems to give us more than usual fodder, I personally don't know if it's really true but, if this is real, I'm not worrying about pairing crap anymore either, it's not over, but it's definitely over the edge.

Edited by Insurrection, 06 May 2010 - 03:41 AM.

#32 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 07:30 AM

You know, I really remember this chapter best by Derock and I completely derailing the discussion thread so badly that it never truly recovered.

Lord knows I can't remember anything else about it aside from the shippy rage from the moment in it (which was mistranslated, as it seems to have turned out).

If you ask me, I stopped caring about pairings many moons ago.

I'm somewhat different in that the pairing of NaruSaku is really all that's binding me to the series anymore. I want to see how that particular thread pans out, so no matter how long I don't read for it's almost inevitable I'm going to drop in to see if anythings cropped up with the two. Otherwise the main plot of the series has more or less lost me.

Naruto isn't even that good anymore, so I don't really get it.

Quality's not important to some folks, though. I've known more than my share of readers who were more interested in the pairings than any of the story being told. So for folks like that, they've long since lost sight of the forest for the tree's; for them being right and "winning" the shipping wars is most important and whether the story is any good is another matter entirely.

I read the chapter every weak out of habit, and because I've read it for so long, so I want to see it end so I haven't wasted years on this.

I'm at this point too, really. Though I don't always read it every week. I kind of drift in and out. I'll read each week for about three or four weeks in a row, then just stop for three weeks to three months, then get curious and check in. My interest in it on the whole though is pretty much spent. The manga's been mediocre to bad for so long that even the chapters that are a bright spot aren't enough to get me hopeful for the series.
bd5.jpg

#33 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 07:57 AM

Hmmm, well i can't say i'm surprise considering one translation had Akamaru meowing like a cat. wink.gif Ohh well, the translators can't fake a panel of Naruto & Sakura kissing, if it does happen. happy.gif

I just want to see Naruto kick some you know what butt at the end of this manga. biggrin.gif May i add that fandoms do sprout great artists and artwork besides the pairing flamewars. happy.gif

#34 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:08 AM

I bet my bottom that if SJ didn't say that people are changing the Manga to the way they want it they wouldn't have told anyone. People getting angry over what Kishimoto wants is ridiculous; it's not their Manga, it's his. Hinata is a secondary character so I don't know why they'd be mad over Sai not talking about Hinata, and I'm fairly positive he wasn't there for her confession, let alone actually ever meet her. Ah, how selfish... I think I'll find my own person translater... Can Korean's read Japanese...? xP

It's funny how, if it was translated properly the first time, that it would be a total switch: "I can't stand people who lie to themselves"-"She chose you over Sasuke", now that's when I'd freak. I would have been like "YEAH BOY!" kinda like Naruto did xP •^^• Well, now we know and officially positive NS is gonna happen.

#35 untold62

untold62

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 11:45 AM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ May 6 2010, 05:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The way I see it I think the translators are probably doing in it on purpose so the pairing wars continue, or perhaps they want to keep shippers from all pairings to keep believing that there's still chance for their fav pairing to actually happen. Maybe I'm thinking too much about this but it seems they want to mistranslate to keep adding fire to the pairing war.

Actually, the translators are doing it intentionally and their scanlations are being biased on purpose since they don't get a thing from putting the scanlations on the internet and are doing it just for fan purposes. In other words, they don't or wouldn't care how many pairing shipping people would leave if they would translate correctly for NaruSaku for example.
And I was thinking, wasn't NaruSaku the most shipped pairing in Japan for some time already? I have been reading somewhere, in the NF forums I think about this. They wouldn't need a translation so they had NaruSaku cannon for a longer time I guess wink.gif

#36 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 11:58 AM

Yeah, I heard that too. The Naruto Japanese song album thing has a pic of Naruto and Sakura with a puppy wow.png it's adorable! Because their popularity ther. I guess dry.gif yay •^^•

#37 Hopestar

Hopestar

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • Interests:Food: Asian (specifically Japanese)
    Religion: Christian
    Sports: Golf, Tennis, Rowing/Crew
    Hobbies: Finance, Politics, Books, Fine dining, video games
    Music: Rock

Posted 06 May 2010 - 12:57 PM

I'm with you Vase and anyone else that is reading to end. I'm still an NS fan make no mistake but the series (at least in part 2) doesn't hold the same appeal as it did years ago. I think when Kishi had Sasuke join the Akatsuki that's when it went downhill because Kishi over-focus on Sasuke more than Naruto. We haven't had good villains (except Orochimaru & Pein). I won't go into detail about Character development especially the women since I have done so in many other threads.

All I know is that NS will be canon, if Naruto lives I don't know and almost don't care because he's stupid to be holding onto a bond with a criminal. Its like he's risks 1000 lives to save one.

So is there any hot manga out there to read besides Bleach?
[FONT=Times][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]
Let light be our guide towards victory
Whenever there's despair there's a darkness, whenever there's hope there's a light and it's up to us to bring in that light.

#38 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 06 May 2010 - 02:41 PM

Personally I still like Naruto and I still find it a good reading (but I don't participate in chapter threads anymore because I am swiftly losing interest in fandom arguments and discussions). And personally I don't see what is the difference between Part I and Part II quality-wise (said otherwise, why some fans think Part I was perfection and Part II is garbage). It remains roughly the same.

Naruto is a shonen manga targets at early male teenagers, starred by gaudy-costumed, loud, twelve-years old teenagers who called themselves ninjas, and in the beginning it was a Tournament kind of series. Given those circumstances, you couldn't possibly expect it was a complex, mature series intended for a grownup readership. I don't get why people thinks it was so wonderfully, beautifully and deeply written in Part I. In fact, I have read again the early volumes and I must tell people remember those stories with rose-colored glasses. I doubt I would have started liking the series if I would have read the chapters in a weekly basis right like fans do now.

Naruto pulled me in for the characters, the world and the fights. It never pulled me in for I thought the writing was brilliant. It never was. And I never expected it was.

Edit:

So is there any hot manga out there to read besides Bleach?

I don't know if you trust my criteria, but...

Rurouni Kenshin (samurais), Slam Dunk (basketball/romance), Dragon Quest (high fantasy), Maison Ikkoku (romance/humor, written by Inu-Yasha's author), Kimagure Orange Road (romance/humor)... If you want some deeper, Versailles no Bara or Lone Wolf and Cub. And if you want something newer, Claymore is pretty good.

Anyway, I think we are going severely off-topic.

Edited by Jenskott, 06 May 2010 - 02:56 PM.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#39 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 06 May 2010 - 03:22 PM

QUOTE (Jenskott @ May 6 2010, 10:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Personally I still like Naruto and I still find it a good reading (but I don't participate in chapter threads anymore because I am swiftly losing interest in fandom arguments and discussions). And personally I don't see what is the difference between Part I and Part II quality-wise (said otherwise, why some fans think Part I was perfection and Part II is garbage). It remains roughly the same.

Actually, I think it's much better now than in part 1. In part 2 Kishimoto is making the plotlines, characters and tone deeper, more complex. It started taking on that tone in the later part of part 1 with the whole backstory with Gaara, then Tsunade's story, etc... but most of part 2, except for the comedic breaks have been on that level and even deeper.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#40 pharix

pharix

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 03:44 PM

I wanna unbiased translation nao ;_;

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users