Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 08:18 PM

Code Geass first season 9.5/10

A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. 

First I thought I wouldn't like the series, since I'm not a big fan of Mecha or anything related. I was on the edge of dropping the series really many times. 
Lelouch is such an interesting character. He's clever and always uses strategy which I really like.
I like Suzaka first, but I have a mixed opinion about him now...

The cliff-hanger though :hm: I'm not really planing to watch season 2 before next year, and it got to end with a cliff-hanger.  

tumblr_nsqg2qQqZ61utjwzwo1_500.gif

#642 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 01:01 AM

Shinsekai Yori - 8/10

I have a feeling this rating is going to go up as I get further into the show (I'm currently only 3 episodes in), but so far it's incredibly compelling and unique. I can tell a lot of thought went into its structure.

The cliff-hanger though :hm: I'm not really planing to watch season 2 before next year, and it got to end with a cliff-hanger.  

That season ends with a brutal cliffhanger, too...

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#643 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 04:37 PM

Shinsekai Yori - 8/10

I have a feeling this rating is going to go up as I get further into the show (I'm currently only 3 episodes in), but so far it's incredibly compelling and unique. I can tell a lot of thought went into its structure.

That season ends with a brutal cliffhanger, too...

Code Geass spoiler

#644 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 04 November 2015 - 05:14 PM

Code Geass spoiler

Spoiler

#645 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 06:49 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

#646 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 11:22 PM

Owari no Seraph. 7/10
This is by no means a bad anime and the animation is great, but it's nothing I haven't seen before. The plot, the characters.. Guren is a new Roy Mustang, the guy with red hair and glasses is a mix between Ishida, Midorima, and a few others. I'm kinda liking the purple girl tho, and I already ship the yuxmika, whom I like as sell. The weak guy should have a source of strength, kindness isn't enough. Have you seen Armin the weak genius, or Coby from OP? That's how you do weak characters. Still, when you pour out inspiration from others and little from your own heart, the story lacks depth. It's not complex enough, although I've only watched nine episodes. Can anyone tell me if it gets better?

Edited by sushi., 04 November 2015 - 11:28 PM.

ナルサク

#647 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 08:29 PM

Gin no Saji 8/10

First ever farming anime, and I really enjoyed it. Such a shame that there's only 2 season with 11 episodes each.. Well, A-1 did a great job with the animation. Hachiken is an interesting character, his relationship Pork Bowl T-T Too beautiful.
Looking forward to watch the second season.   

#648 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 11:35 PM

Citrus, (Suburo Uta) 8/10

i'ts a charming yuri manga that's a mix of comedy and drama. I found the story to be neat and the romance sweet and facinating as well. Not much else to say cause just like the only reason it gets an 8 from me is because there's only 17 chapters. :happy: Not a spoiler or anything, It's about two step-sisters :wink:

I now oficially bump boku no hero Academia to a 10/10!!!!!!!!! :w00t:

Edited by Phantom_999, 11 November 2015 - 11:49 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#649 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 12 November 2015 - 05:14 PM

Hunter x Hunter (2011) -- 9/10; When I finally finished this, I felt more than a little sad and empty. It was just sooo good, and really blew away my expectations. Few anime have gotten me quite so emotionally invested.

#650 TheFlash

TheFlash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 11:35 PM

@TheFlash, so I finished Your Lie in April last week, but haven't got time to be here T-T
So, Your Lie In April 10/10

It started of slow, but nicely, and with the slowness I was in the edge of drop the anime several of times. Still I'm in love with the animation, A-1 did a great job with it. 
Character, hm, I think Kousei, Tsubaki and Kaori were my favorites. Tbh, I wasn't a big fan of Watari, I still liked him sometimes. 

SPOILER

Diamond no Ace second season 6.5/10
Finally caught up with the second season. Not much to say, but GOOOOO SEIDOOOO :excited:  :excited: 

Its one of the few anime that really got to me emotionally. I love it but at the same time I hate and I think you know why. I also didn't find Watari all the interesting but I hear he was in the manga. At the beginning I was rooting for Tsubaki and towards the end I was all mixed up. Sorry for the late reply it has been a while since Ive gotten on.

tumblr_n45nt0asf91t4e7bbo2_400.gif

#651 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 05:18 PM

Its one of the few anime that really got to me emotionally. I love it but at the same time I hate and I think you know why. I also didn't find Watari all the interesting but I hear he was in the manga. At the beginning I was rooting for Tsubaki and towards the end I was all mixed up. Sorry for the late reply it has been a while since Ive gotten on.

Tbh this is one of my favorite animes ever. Not only was the animation superb, but I loved nearly everything about it: story, music, characters an more. I tried the manga out, but I didn't like the art that much. Arima and Kaori looked better in the anime, srry. 

Watari wasn't interesting at all, in my opinion. He is just like the "good-looking guy" that the main girl "like".
Tsubaki and Arima were my OTP at first XD, since I didn't like Kaori at a point in the anime. But I love Arima and Kaori too much, it hurts T-T

No worries :D I've seen that you haven't been on here lately, glad you got time :D 

#652 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 04 December 2015 - 04:30 AM

Your Lie in April - 8.5/10

Really good show and one that really got me close to getting tears at times, especially when...

Spoiler

Only reason I didn't put up a much higher rating is that not all the comedy worked for me. Other than that, though, it's a solid series.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#653 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 08:30 PM

Onepunch-man

I'm on the third episode. I was reluctant on starting this anime, because the synopsis wasn't interesting to me; it just seemed like some self-ironic kick-ass type of anime that makes fun of superhero cliches. The hype eventually got me into it, and wasn't exactly wrong, but it doesn't annoy me as much as I thought it would. It also has a serious element and the humour more than the "anime-humour" genre that you find in all other shows.

I've missed anime like this. I would love to rate it after I've finished, so I could figure out how it got grades from 9 ( :ohmy:) and above.

But I'm impatient and I just finished Owari no Seraph 2.0, so I wanna give my thoughts on that. I'll give it one better grade than last time, because the story got more complex and original, I didn't predict every single thing + gay level 9000.

So I'll give both an 8/10.

ナルサク

#654 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 10 January 2016 - 05:42 PM

Hmm, let's see:

• Gintama Enchousen: 9/10- best season of Gintama for me so far. The "Courtesan of the Nation" arc had me tearing up a little bit towards the end.
  • Glasslip: 4/10- this anime is giving the slice of life animes a bad name... I forced myself to finish this. The animation is gorgeous though.
  • Subeta ga F ni Naru: 5/10- the ending is absolute nonsense b/c
    Bottomline is: Don't waste your time watching this.
  • One-Punch Man: 7/10- I myself am surprised at the score... I didn't enjoy the anime as much as the manga. The comedy definitely works better for me in the manga than in the anime. I also realized through the anime that the side-characters need better development if Saitama takes on the role of the tsukkomi who punches every trouble away so easily. Not that One Punch man doesn't have its insightful moments though. In the end, yeah, the anime was fine. Had a lot of fun, but didn't blow me away. Animation was top-notch, though HxH and Death Parade still carry my favorite animation style from Studio MadHouse. Can't believe this is on number 1 of IMBD though... like wth?!
  • Kekkai Sensen: 6/10- WAY too fast-paced for my taste. I lost track of what was happening a long time ago.
  • Noragami Aragoto: 8.5-9.0/10 - my favorite anime of this season! It adapted two of my favorites arcs of Noragami so far! Though they made a few changes here and there, the fights and intensity were great!

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#655 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 09:01 PM

Gin no Saji (second season) 8/10

Gin no Saji or Silver spoon is probably one of my favorite farming/Slice of life anime ever. The animation from A-1 Pictures never fails to amaze me (though it could be meh, sometimes)
I’m really hoping for a season 3, since I heard the manga will be returning from hiatus.   

Attack on Titan: Junior High 6/10
I don’t really have much to say about this, tbh. It was funny and entertaining.

But please!! Need season 2 of AoT

Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen 6.5/10
First thought it wouldn’t stick to the manga, but it did, just had a anime original ending. I still love the manga more than the anime, though.

Noragami Aragoto 9/10

Spoiler

Gintama (Gintama’ and Gintama Enchousen) 9 (and 10)/10
I never thought I would watch the anime to Gintama, since I only wanted to read the manga. But here I am, lol. What can I say? I really love this series!!!!! XD
Yorozuya foreves

Ouran High School Host Club 8/10
I really like this anime >.<   It’s probably my first Harem anime... But I knew who Haruhi would be together with from the start XD. All the characters had their own flaws, which I really liked. (They should have animated it to the end though..)

Bakuman. 7.5/10
Having watched and read some of Death Note, Ohba Tsugumi and Obata Takeshi never fails to make a masterpiece more (in my opinion). Bakuman isn’t really close to anything Death note related (but they did reference the Death Note in the first episode), but about two high schoolers aiming for begin Mangakas.

I really like this anime. It tells us how hard it is to get a serialized manga in Jump. And I like how both Main Characters have a love interest as sub-plot.

(How hard it is to try become a mangaka + the girl they love)  

Akatsuki no Yona 8/10
Finally got to watch the anime to Akatsuki no Yona!! Kinda surprised with how SP animated this. It was really beautiful. Hopefully there’ll be a season 2

The Seven Deadly Sins 8/10
All the fanservice in this anime. Holy boly, lol. Story seems nice. But I really wanted to see the last member of The Seven Deadly Sins
I really liked Elizabeth at the end. The scene was so beautiful!!

Natsume Yuujinchou 10/10
This anime was so good! Finished it all in one day, and hopefully gonna see all the other seasons soon.
Natsume is my favorite Slice of Life anime to date (never really have been a good fan of SoL anime, but still watch them), but I’m kinda confused with this begin a Shoujo >.<

One Punch Man 8.5/10
Wish that it could have been more than 12 episodes. But nice seeing it get popular.

Magi: Sinbad no Bouken 7.5/10
Great OVA, and looking forward for the series in spring.

Edited by Mixer, 11 January 2016 - 09:10 PM.

#656 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

Posted 11 January 2016 - 09:43 PM

Gin no Saji (second season) 8/10

Gin no Saji or Silver spoon is probably one of my favorite farming/Slice of life anime ever. The animation from A-1 Pictures never fails to amaze me (though it could be meh, sometimes)
I’m really hoping for a season 3, since I heard the manga will be returning from hiatus.   

Attack on Titan: Junior High 6/10
I don’t really have much to say about this, tbh. It was funny and entertaining.

But please!! Need season 2 of AoT

Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen 6.5/10
First thought it wouldn’t stick to the manga, but it did, just had a anime original ending. I still love the manga more than the anime, though.

Noragami Aragoto 9/10

Spoiler

Gintama (Gintama’ and Gintama Enchousen) 9 (and 10)/10
I never thought I would watch the anime to Gintama, since I only wanted to read the manga. But here I am, lol. What can I say? I really love this series!!!!! XD
Yorozuya foreves

Ouran High School Host Club 8/10
I really like this anime >.<   It’s probably my first Harem anime... But I knew who Haruhi would be together with from the start XD. All the characters had their own flaws, which I really liked. (They should have animated it to the end though..)

Bakuman. 7.5/10
Having watched and read some of Death Note, Ohba Tsugumi and Obata Takeshi never fails to make a masterpiece more (in my opinion). Bakuman isn’t really close to anything Death note related (but they did reference the Death Note in the first episode), but about two high schoolers aiming for begin Mangakas.

I really like this anime. It tells us how hard it is to get a serialized manga in Jump. And I like how both Main Characters have a love interest as sub-plot.

(How hard it is to try become a mangaka + the girl they love)  

Akatsuki no Yona 8/10
Finally got to watch the anime to Akatsuki no Yona!! Kinda surprised with how SP animated this. It was really beautiful. Hopefully there’ll be a season 2

The Seven Deadly Sins 8/10
All the fanservice in this anime. Holy boly, lol. Story seems nice. But I really wanted to see the last member of The Seven Deadly Sins
I really liked Elizabeth at the end. The scene was so beautiful!!

Natsume Yuujinchou 10/10
This anime was so good! Finished it all in one day, and hopefully gonna see all the other seasons soon.
Natsume is my favorite Slice of Life anime to date (never really have been a good fan of SoL anime, but still watch them), but I’m kinda confused with this begin a Shoujo >.<

One Punch Man 8.5/10
Wish that it could have been more than 12 episodes. But nice seeing it get popular.

Magi: Sinbad no Bouken 7.5/10
Great OVA, and looking forward for the series in spring.

Holy kitten, you were busy over the break, lol. But yessssssss, Noragami was the best anime for both you and me last season.

Edited by trang95, 11 January 2016 - 09:43 PM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."

#657 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 03:42 PM

Holy kitten, you were busy over the break, lol. But yessssssss, Noragami was the best anime for both you and me last season.

TRANGYYYYYYYYYYYY :squish:  :squish:

Lmao, yes. But I watched most of the anime before the break XD. 

YESS!! Noragami is awesome. I really hope for a season 3!! Bless Bones (I'm so glad they are gonna animate BnHA and Bungou Stray Dogs for next season)

#658 Ryriena

Ryriena

Texas born and Raised

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • Interests:Anime/Manga, history, unexplained mysteries, linguistics, geology, astrology, astro physics, chemistry, astronomy, sport cars, and racing cars, monster trucks, quantum mechanics and particle physics

Anime/Manga - Gaming

NaruSaku, Ash x Misty, (Pokyshiping) Ichigo x Rukia, Kiba/Hinata, Ichigo x Orihime, Uryū x Orihime, Cullen x Amell, Alastair x Warden, Cullen x Female Inqustior Ed x Winnry, Spike x May Valatine, Kaiden Alekno x Female Shepard, Garus x Female Shepard, Joker x Female Shepard, Angg x Katara, Zuko x Katara, Mako x Kora ( Avatar the last air bender - Legend of Kora) I don't see the ending of Kora as canon since its more of a fan service ending, since the canon pairing is not a properly developed paring.

VLD pairing: Plance, Shiro x Adam, Hunk x Shay, Kallura
    anti Allurance

The Dragon Prince: Cullum x Rayla

TV pairings
    Casket(Castle)
    Angel x Buffy, Buffy x Spike, Angel x Cordila Chase (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Booth x Bones (bones)
    Tony x Ziva David, Abby x Timothy McGee, Timothy x Delia (NCIS)
    Dean x Castiel, Sam x Gabriel, Sam x Elaine, Dean x Jo (Supernatural)

Comics parings: Supes x Lois Lang, Peter Parker x Mary Jay Waston, Captian x Black Widow, Hawke Eye x Black Widow, Jean Grey x Cyclops, Jean x Wolverine, Rouge x Gambit, Batman x Slilena Kyle, Bruce x Black Widow

Movies pairings: Jurassic Park series (Owen x Claire, Malcome x Sarah) Han x Leia, Luke x Maria Jade, Finn x Rey, FinnPoe (Star Wars)

Dislikes Supes x Wonder Woman, as it's basically turns a feminist icon in to a baby maker, NaruHinata, Sasuke x Sakura abusive relationship ahoy.

Posted 12 January 2016 - 04:08 PM

How to train your dragon 1 & 2 9/10

I loved them even still as a woman of twenty seven years it brings enjoyment to myself and my sister who's 25. Hiccup x Astrid is now my new number one OTP. Although the books are good don't get me wrong, but I tend to favor the movie and TV franchise a lot more for some reason. However the reason I give the movies franchise an 9 out of ten is because it doesn't follow the books.

But I only nicked off one point for it diverging from the books, since its fun and watchable and has cool female characters like Astrid and Valka in it.

I mean you get to learn were Hiccup gets his dramatic flare from. lol

Edited by Ryriena, 12 January 2016 - 04:11 PM.

Them Duke boys never meant no harm.--------> my childhood.
Freedom of speech is no laughing matter, since it does take one person to stand up for the right too speak out.
firma__op__luffyxnami_nu__out__by_pjxd23

#659 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 04:35 PM

How to train your dragon 1 & 2 9/10

I loved them even still as a woman of twenty seven years it brings enjoyment to myself and my sister who's 25. Hiccup x Astrid is now my new number one OTP. Although the books are good don't get me wrong, but I tend to favor the movie and TV franchise a lot more for some reason. However the reason I give the movies franchise an 9 out of ten is because it doesn't follow the books.

But I only nicked off one point for it diverging from the books, since its fun and watchable and has cool female characters like Astrid and Valka in it.

I mean you get to learn were Hiccup gets his dramatic flare from. lol

Wrong thread, my friend.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#660 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 04:42 PM

Perfect Blue: 9/10- Man, this was good. But also really scary to watch at night. Halfway through the movie the line b/w reality and insanity completely disappears, highlighting the MC's insecurities about her own innocence about the crimes that revolve around her. Some of the rated R scenes caught me by surprise o_O I also dunno how the MC survived some of those falls, lol.

5 centimeters per second: 9/10- A nice slice of life movie about two childhood friends that drift apart over the years out of shame and fear to contact each other. The ending? Left me initially bitter, but made me ultimately realize that this is not a fairytale story anyways. It's just real life. The animation is beautiful, but not everyone's taste I suppose.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users