Close
Photo

Did the Naruto ending bend to outside pressure?

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#41 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Drawing
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 04 January 2015 - 05:26 AM

Honestly something had to play into effect considering how easy it was to end this manga. I mean all he had to do was make Naruto and/or Sakura in someway interact in the final moments of the manga. Instead either he or someone/something/a group made him take the hard and quite frankly illogical path of transforming one of the most unfeeling characters in the manga. I don't get how one little speech and death battle utterly changes you from hating everything to loving everything, including a person you never cared for. Not even gonna get into how you can destroy one of 3 things that made Naruto himself

sad_naruto_sig_by_mangafreak17-d81c8fy.p

Even if I'm not the one to make you happy

#42 Gammy Das

Gammy Das

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 07:45 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but...

Wasn't SAKURA one of the reasons why Naruto began his rivalry with Sasuke and not the other way around? :argh:

Damn, Kishimoto. A helluva troll you are. :pimp:

Because facts are facts... :D

#43 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 08:04 AM

I still don't get how Hinata was apparently picked on for her eyes as a child.

I thought the Hyuga were seen as a presitgous family...so why did Hinata get picked on? Also, how come no other Hyuga got picked on? Neji didn't have that problem...nor did any other Hyuga apparently and there certainly was others. Yeah, she has problems with her father, but I like how this established actual manga problem gets ignored for a cheap Naruto rip off memory that doesn\t exist beyond the movie.

I am still trying to wrap my head around how just convenietly Naruto and Hinata just "forgot" all this until 7-10 years later.

This is just too stupid to take seriously now.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 04 January 2015 - 08:04 AM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#44 archangel

archangel

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 10:46 AM

Why are people still believing that Naruto can end up with Sakura in canon? They have already given their epilogue and it has clearly stated what happened. I don't see any reason they will change it now. Can you imagine the fallout that will occur after they change canon pairings now? The amount of flak all the staff will get from the NH and SS fanbase. They will literally set fire to the studio if their pairings are withdrawn after being made canon.

They can't tell you about the story because they will get penalized for breaking confidentiality. Even if it is something as obvious as the end pairing.

Not to mention that they have pretty much destroyed NS in these two chapters as much as they destroyed the other pairings in the whole series. That's why every body lost in the end except for the producers and those pairing fans who just wanted the bragging rights.

NOt now, but think about it. Part 3 will share a future like DBGT. Plus right now, some NH ans SS fans aren't even satisfy on why their pairing is canon. I mean Kishi saying NH is canon basically outof pity at one point or deny any Naruto affection for girls until the movie, showing that Naruto basically never loved HInata in any way and got with her within 24 hours.

Damage is done too much already. The scenario for an alternate ending is possible in the future, when Naruto popularity die down and we forgot part 3 even exist. If Kishi was forced and got a fragment of pride left, he should do the ending he planned. I just can't believe he did that on purpose on his own, that would be stupid. THe way he answer those interview, it's like he wants every fan to hate the future projects. I mean the Last might have made money, but it got bad reception and Naruto is now the most hated character, that can be good for the future.

An alternate ending latter could fix the damage not only in the romance subplot, but to tied-up other loose end.

Maybe in 10 years, a project like DBZ Kai could happen ( remake an anime without filler, now that the manga is done) with an alternate ending that could last more than 2 chapters.

#45 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 11:29 AM

Sorry but it's not gonna happen.

#46 Elicit

Elicit

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  • Interests:Mainly Video Games (mostly RPGs/Platformers/retro stuff), Music, Anime/Manga, Debating

Posted 04 January 2015 - 11:39 AM

You know, maybe NaruSaku was a lost cause during/after the Kage Summit Arc because of the quality of the series degrading. It's not even like any of these pairings could have happened in a satisfying way for any of these fandoms, except for SS because of their amazingly low standards for romance. I think for people that were happy about NH happening, after some time it just looks awful for most when they realize how badly it was done. A pairing that you thought was the kitten no longer gives you any pleasure.

I'm happy for the canon+filler material that our pairing received before this horrible ending. If only we can spare our minds from the knowledge that we placed our trust on a kitten author, and that this author would even go so low as to betray our own notions of Naruto's love with that deranged rivalry retcon, so that shipping NS in fanon would be easier.

Edited by Elicit, 04 January 2015 - 11:41 AM.

#47 Deej

Deej

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 07:03 PM

NOt now, but think about it. Part 3 will share a future like DBGT. Plus right now, some NH ans SS fans aren't even satisfy on why their pairing is canon. I mean Kishi saying NH is canon basically outof pity at one point or deny any Naruto affection for girls until the movie, showing that Naruto basically never loved HInata in any way and got with her within 24 hours.

Damage is done too much already. The scenario for an alternate ending is possible in the future, when Naruto popularity die down and we forgot part 3 even exist. If Kishi was forced and got a fragment of pride left, he should do the ending he planned. I just can't believe he did that on purpose on his own, that would be stupid. THe way he answer those interview, it's like he wants every fan to hate the future projects. I mean the Last might have made money, but it got bad reception and Naruto is now the most hated character, that can be good for the future.

An alternate ending latter could fix the damage not only in the romance subplot, but to tied-up other loose end.

Maybe in 10 years, a project like DBZ Kai could happen ( remake an anime without filler, now that the manga is done) with an alternate ending that could last more than 2 chapters.

The future of Naruto will rest entirely on the kids. There is not going to be any alternate ending with different couples. It is not about Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura anymore. It is about how much SP can squeeze and milk out of Bolt, Sarada, Shikadai, Himawari, Inojin, ect. Why bother with the old and now done pairing wars when they will probably just create new ones with the kids?

#48 Otaru

Otaru

絶対 負けない

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,489 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 12:01 AM

This manga is ruined. Period. And I hope one day Kishimoto will realise it.

sakurachansmallerbetter.jpg

#49 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 01:27 AM

This manga is ruined. Period. And I hope one day Kishimoto will realise it.

He realize it and doesn't care at all.
He just laugh in the end.

#50 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 02:11 AM

Because he has money in the bank 

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#51 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 02:11 AM

At least JK Rowling admitted Harry/Hermione were the better couple. I can forgive her for that. Kishimoto just doesn't give a crap and even admitted that this new series was all for money. He has no shame.

#52 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 02:39 AM

At least JK Rowling admitted Harry/Hermione were the better couple. I can forgive her for that. Kishimoto just doesn't give a crap and even admitted that this new series was all for money. He has no shame.

Chemistry is not enough when you don't have love arrow.
That's what happen in harry potter. Have harry love hermione or vice versa, the possibility for harmony would be sky rocket.
Unlike naruto. Have naruto doesn't love anyone in the first place, the decision over nh ss is understable.

#53 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 03:42 AM

Chemistry is not enough when you don't have love arrow.
That's what happen in harry potter. Have harry love hermione or vice versa, the possibility for harmony would be sky rocket.
Unlike naruto. Have naruto doesn't love anyone in the first place, the decision over nh ss is understable.

Yes HHr always had the no-canon-crush blocking any romance. Also Harry's "like a sister" comment.
Naruto never saw Sakura like a sister and is/was canonically in love with her. This lifted the platonic-friends block and is why NS surpasses NH/SS in romantic potential and development.

#54 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 03:59 AM

Yes HHr always had the no-canon-crush blocking any romance. Also Harry's "like a sister" comment.
Naruto never saw Sakura like a sister and is/was canonically in love with her. This lifted the platonic-friends block and is why NS surpasses NH/SS in romantic potential and development.

That's why they need to kill NS in order for nh and ss to happen.
Even at the expense of believability.

#55 archangel

archangel

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 09:40 AM

The future of Naruto will rest entirely on the kids. There is not going to be any alternate ending with different couples. It is not about Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura anymore. It is about how much SP can squeeze and milk out of Bolt, Sarada, Shikadai, Himawari, Inojin, ect. Why bother with the old and now done pairing wars when they will probably just create new ones with the kids?

I know what part 3 is. But I feel like this project gonna bomb big time. I mean if I were to a betting man, I wouldn't bet on this to successfully milk money. I know an alternate ending is out of the way right now. I mean I don't see it succeed.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Who's gonna watch it. No matter what my friend and I ship, we all agree that this ending sucks and something happen and none of us wants to hear about a new project. Add Kishi interview and the Last reception to explain the mess. Who's gonna care about a spin-off on the kid really? Though I've kind of lost my fate in humanity since Michael Bay can win Oscar apparently and plan sequel for both TMNT and transformers so in a sense, part 3 has all the right ingredient to flop big, the real question is  will it? I just want justice, someone show me that they can get away with it.

If it does, they see that they can't make any more money out of it, if Kishi has an ounce of pride left in like 10 years and was indeed forced or look back at that ending with regret, then we have a door for an alternate ending.Most likely, he won't give a damn, but the possiblity might still be here. 

#56 Radra

Radra

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 11:00 AM

The way I see it. Part 3 is the true ending of the naruto series. The epilogue (700) felt too much like an introduction and not an ending.

So all the loose ends and other questions we have will be explained in part 3. 700 is a clever way to get people to be interested in part 3.

#57 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 03:21 PM

The way I see it. Part 3 is the true ending of the naruto series. The epilogue (700) felt too much like an introduction and not an ending.

So all the loose ends and other questions we have will be explained in part 3. 700 is a clever way to get people to be interested in part 3.

I don't like it
It is just a way to milk the series

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#58 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 09:29 PM

^This exactly Kishimoto wants to milk series just to gain more money. Its not the first time this has happened. They have done it with the DBZ games, FFXIII and of course the Kingdom Hearts series.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#59 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 06 January 2015 - 09:16 PM

I do believe that there was an element of outside pressure that influenced the ending.  It was just too rushed, too out of left field, and didn't take into account the story and character development that had been built up throughout the manga.

It does smell of otaku culture, and it feels like the root cause of all this is Studio Pierrot's focus on Hinata Hyuuga.  In the ending, the importance of a secondary character outweighed even that of the MAIN CHARACTERS.  Even Naruto, the hero of the series, was secondary to her.

At first, I thought that there was a real possibility that Kishimoto had been forced, especially when you look at how badly Sasuke treated Sakura in the final arc and made her feel miserable.  If he had been planning SasuSaku all along, there was no need for him to make it look so bad.  The characterisations in the final two chapters were also so completely out of whack it made the majority of fans sit up and take notice.

But Kishimoto has done nothing but offer weak and inconsistent justifications for the ending and movie:

• NaruSaku was planned, but he felt sorry for Hinata.
  • NaruHina was planned some months ago.
  • NaruHina was planned since the beginning and NaruSaku was a complete red herring.

I think it's more likely that he was persuaded to end his manga in this way.  The New Era Project is chiefly the work of Studio Pierrot and other people, and it must have been awfully tempting for Kishimoto to just pass the series to others.  It would leave him free to pursue other projects and he would have the money roll in from the New Era Project.

Unfortunately for him, Masashi Kishimoto may have paid a high price.  His reputation, and most likely his career, have gone down the drain.  He's lost the trust of the majority of the fans.

#60 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 11:48 PM

I do believe that there was an element of outside pressure that influenced the ending.  It was just too rushed, too out of left field, and didn't take into account the story and character development that had been built up throughout the manga.

It does smell of otaku culture, and it feels like the root cause of all this is Studio Pierrot's focus on Hinata Hyuuga.  In the ending, the importance of a secondary character outweighed even that of the MAIN CHARACTERS.  Even Naruto, the hero of the series, was secondary to her.

At first, I thought that there was a real possibility that Kishimoto had been forced, especially when you look at how badly Sasuke treated Sakura in the final arc and made her feel miserable.  If he had been planning SasuSaku all along, there was no need for him to make it look so bad.  The characterisations in the final two chapters were also so completely out of whack it made the majority of fans sit up and take notice.

But Kishimoto has done nothing but offer weak and inconsistent justifications for the ending and movie:

• NaruSaku was planned, but he felt sorry for Hinata.
  • NaruHina was planned some months ago.
  • NaruHina was planned since the beginning and NaruSaku was a complete red herring.

I think it's more likely that he was persuaded to end his manga in this way.  The New Era Project is chiefly the work of Studio Pierrot and other people, and it must have been awfully tempting for Kishimoto to just pass the series to others.  It would leave him free to pursue other projects and he would have the money roll in from the New Era Project.

Unfortunately for him, Masashi Kishimoto may have paid a high price.  His reputation, and most likely his career, have gone down the drain.  He's lost the trust of the majority of the fans.

:clap: Smiter, you are the BEST!! :D Especially since your last words are right. If you ask me, it's sad for sure, especially since Kishimoto-sensei allowed himself to be judged as one of the worst mangaka in Japan of these last few decades. And I doubt he'll ever rebuild his rep and career after he did this with the ending...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users