DANZOU WAS SO AWESOME IT MAKES UP FOR YET AGAIN MORE SASUKE

#42 Dkey

Dkey

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 07:33 AM

Im starting to think the only reason we get so much about sasuke and uchiha is because kishi regrets not naming the manga after sasuke, or something related to darkness.

Edited by Dkey, 14 January 2010 - 07:34 AM.

#43 Evil Potato

Evil Potato

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 07:47 AM

lol. Well, as long as Kishi doesn't keep this Sasuke thing going and gives us alot more Naruto then I think we will be happy. I just hope that he will do this... I really do.

#44 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 07:47 AM

QUOTE (Dkey @ Jan 13 2010, 11:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Im starting to think the only reason we get so much about sasuke and uchiha is because kishi regrets not naming the manga after sasuke, or something related to darkness.

LOL! XD

I think it also is just how Sasuke goes to becoming evil itself, and being basically what the Uchiha was seen as for a long time... nothing but full of arrogance due to their own power.

Bryon

#45 jinsterr

jinsterr

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 10:56 AM

This probably has been said more or less by everybody here I'm sure but... ughh this chapter was booring.

Sure I thought that Danzo putting Sasuke in his place a bit was kinda awesome, but the fact that more randomly new, conveniently-inserted jutsus keep popping up everywhere kinda put me to sleep at how overrated this whole chapter was. Not to mention, it was another Sasuke-oriented chapter.

I get Kishimoto is trying to set up the scenario of having Sasuke be the main villain in the story, but two chapters into the New Year and not even a little glimpse of NARUTO somewhere in there.... well, let's just say Kishi might as well just name this manga SASUKE since that's all we ever see nowadays anyway :\

Sorry for the little rant here, but I'm just sick of Sasuke atm pfft facepalm.png

#46 pinkheartsyellowstars

pinkheartsyellowstars

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 10:59 AM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Jan 14 2010, 06:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What about Sakura? Kishimoto has never even shown her parents, we know nothing about the Haruno family. Were they a type of defensive genjutsu users, is that why Sakura's Academy profile described her as a genjutsu type? Did she get her pink hair from her mother or father? Were the Haruno's connected to the Senju clan? Did they used to be a more powerful family since they have a clan symbol? Why didn't her parents watch her compete in the Chunnin exams? Are either of her parents ninja, if so what rank? Sakura is the only one of the core characters that we know nothing of her family, and even many of the support characters we've seen at least one parent.

I AGREE a_thumbs.gif

#47 Froot

Froot

She's Certainly a Hurricane

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 01:16 PM

As much as I wish I could go on a rant right now... All I can say is...

facepalm.png

Let's hope we get some more development on our secondary character, Naruto!

#48 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 01:52 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Jan 13 2010, 10:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What about Sakura? Kishimoto has never even shown her parents, we know nothing about the Haruno family. Were they a type of defensive genjutsu users, is that why Sakura's Academy profile described her as a genjutsu type? Did she get her pink hair from her mother or father? Were the Haruno's connected to the Senju clan? Did they used to be a more powerful family since they have a clan symbol? Why didn't her parents watch her compete in the Chunnin exams? Are either of her parents ninja, if so what rank? Sakura is the only one of the core characters that we know nothing of her family, and even many of the support characters we've seen at least one parent.

An excellent point there ciardha I always wanted to know more of Sakura. I mean she's a genjutsu type but she's a medic she has only shown her super strength and her medical skills from training with Tsunade but she hasn't done a single genjutsu. Has anyone taught her genjutsu??? I know Kakashi didn't because he only taught team seven walking on trees. Sakura's mother is not an important character I think Kishi made it clear when he said that she's just a normal girl so I think that's why he doesn't focus on Sakura's personal life heck we don't even know if Sakura's mother was all right or dead when Pain destroyed the village. I also would like to know if her mother has pink hair too proving where Sakura got her hair color even if Kishi said that he wasn't good at making heroine I think he wanted to make Sakura look unique her hair resembling the color of the cheery blossoms (a very famous tree in Japan) not to mention her name Sakura Haruno means" spring field cherry blossom" smile.gif

I would like to see more of her skills too perhaps we will finally see with Kishi focusing more on her heroine role (which I wonder if he did that because of the angry N/H fan mail he received? headscratch.gif)
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#49 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 01:55 PM

I think he wanted to make Sakura look unique her hair resembling the color of the cheery blossoms (a very famous tree in Japan) not to mention her name Sakura Haruno means" spring field cherry blossom"

Hopefully is just a name, and doesn't have anything significant to it, because the cherry blossom tree ounce they matured...they die.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#50 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 14 January 2010 - 04:10 PM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ Jan 14 2010, 08:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hopefully is just a name, and doesn't have anything significant to it, because the cherry blossom tree ounce they matured...they die.

Some types cherry trees live fairly long, the ones Japan sent the US in Washington DC in 1914 still bloom beautifully every year. The tart type (much closer to the natural type) live much longer than the sweet as well. I'd say Sakura Haruno is a strong willed young woman, so she's more like a tart cherry tree. The chinese attribute for the cherry tree is a fiesty girl. I think Kishimoto was thinking of that when he created Sakura's character.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#51 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 14 January 2010 - 05:36 PM

made even more appropriate an analogy by Sakuras feisty persona and attitude.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#52 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 05:42 PM

QUOTE (Dkey @ Jan 14 2010, 02:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm about as disgusted with the way the manga's turned out as anyone, but let's be fair. Part 1 was far more balanced and about Naruto. The first few arcs of Part 2 felt like his story as well. It wasn't until halfway through Part 2 (of what we have so far) that things went off the deep end. The manga feels like Sasuke's show now, but for most of it's life it's felt like Naruto's story.

Perhaps at some point Kishi just decided he wanted to write more Sasuke than anyone else - who knows, maybe he got bored with where the manga was going - and everything went downhill from there.
bd5.jpg

#53 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 14 January 2010 - 06:26 PM

cant believe everyones still going on about Sasuke.

hope you all realize its not about Panel time, which by the wya Naruto still out does Sasuke in.

its quality over quantity and in Shonen this type of development is not unusual. Sasuke is a very important part of the manga. he is the focus for Naruto and Sakura the main characters as both antagonist and goal.

He represents the very notion that naruto is fighting against, the notion of hatred and revenge. he is the antithesis of the themes of the manga which is hard work and protecting your precious people as most important.

he is the base point of the romantic V that Naruto and Sakura are in. he was Sakuras focus for the first part and was the motivation for her to change that focus to Naruto in the second half.

Equally he was Narutos motivation for his promise to Sakura which has driven him to such extremes which by proxy have caused Sakura to notice him further.

Additionally he is the focus for Naruto as a brother and rival and a key stone fo his promise to Sakura that has caused him to change so drastically.

in the end Sasuke is a vital piece of the manga and is a strong motivation of the heroes in it.

when this parts done well see naruto and company.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#54 Hak

Hak

Turmion kätilö

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 06:50 PM

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Jan 14 2010, 07:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm about as disgusted with the way the manga's turned out as anyone, but let's be fair. Part 1 was far more balanced and about Naruto. The first few arcs of Part 2 felt like his story as well. It wasn't until halfway through Part 2 (of what we have so far) that things went off the deep end. The manga feels like Sasuke's show now, but for most of it's life it's felt like Naruto's story.

Perhaps at some point Kishi just decided he wanted to write more Sasuke than anyone else - who knows, maybe he got bored with where the manga was going - and everything went downhill from there.

After a well slept night (I was half an hour late from work) I started to think that this goes pretty much among the lines what Kishi said in one of his interviews, so I went thru them and actually found a topic on that: Naruto in 2008 thread. But it seems that a year of Sasuke turned out to be a bit more than that, so going on in these lines it could be a very educated guess that Sakura and Kakashis screen time is on our hands pretty soon...

Also in the Jump fiesta 2008 interview there are somethings that really make me think about what is going to come soon...
Trust me, I'm an engineer!

#55 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 14 January 2010 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE (catsi563 @ Jan 14 2010, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
made even more appropriate an analogy by Sakuras feisty persona and attitude.

Yeah. It's also kind of interesting to me that the "no" kanji Kishimoto chose (there's more than one, even for the field meaning) is the same "no" kanji that is part of Yoko Ono's name. Yoko, along with Takako Doi, played a strong role in changing the image of what a Japanese girl and woman should be like for the age group now 30-50- especially for women but influentual for guys of that generation too (Kishimoto is 35). Yoko's first name means "ocean child" and what we've seen of Sakura's element ability it's water.... Takako Doi seems to be an influence on Tsunade's character, so Yoko for Sakura? Don't know, but it's an interesting thought. Certainly John Lennon and Yoko Ono were the prime influence on the creation of the equal partnership romantic couple in both American and Japanese fiction. No creative couples before so publically stated they were equal partners in everything- period.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#56 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 12:29 AM

it suddenly struck me that the tart cherry tree analogy may be even more appropropriate. Check Sakuras style of outfit in both part 1 and 2.

they both have and in part 2 retain a somewhat chinese motif. the part 1 outfit was a loose battle dress done in a chinese styling.

her part 2 outfit retain that feel in the top area.

I dont think yoko was a precise influence. But i do think the notion of an equal was a very strong influence on Sakura and Narutos themes for relationship.

the heaven and Earth analogy was brought up several times both in part 1 and in part 2 and as weve seen when separate the two hold their own ok, but when together they become nearly unstoppable and capapable of supportinge ahc other through the worst times.

Edited by catsi563, 15 January 2010 - 12:31 AM.

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Catsis Fan Fiction

#57 naruto-z

naruto-z

The Dream Is Real

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 02:05 AM

QUOTE (Evil Potato @ Jan 14 2010, 04:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok, so let me try to understand this... Sasuke has more back story, more past story, more present story, more manga panels, more fights, more T.V Canon time, more development then the main character gets. Then why is he not this manga's main character? We get tiny bits and pieces of Naruto's background, but in the end, we can read what seems like hundreds of chapters on Sasuke's background, his heritage, his ancestors, everything revolves around the Uchiha.

And now Sasuke gets another powerful technique... well this wasn't much of a surprise I guess...

Dang, too bad this manga couldn't have a cool main character like Naruto........................... oh wait.

Sorry for the anger

i was thinking, if this was sasuke's year and next is kakashi's year so then for 2010 it's going to be all kakashi instead of sasuke but still no naruto????

QUOTE (catsi563 @ Jan 15 2010, 12:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the heaven and Earth analogy was brought up several times both in part 1 and in part 2 and as weve seen when separate the two hold their own ok, but when together they become nearly unstoppable and capapable of supportinge ahc other through the worst times.

come to think of it, i've never seen naruto and sakura actually fight together....maybe ur right.

Edited by naruto-z, 15 January 2010 - 02:10 AM.

#58 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 05:50 AM

Izanagi? great another random Jutsu or technique that just suddenly pops up...probably using two bloodline limits together or something, if its so taboo even the Uchiha wouldn't do it.

So if Danzou has the power of the Sharingan and Senju, does that make him a warped version of the Sage of the sixth paths? If so maybe he's the child of prophesy...lol Somebody should tell Kishi that nobody cares for this battle when the hero of the show is dying....wonder what it will say on his Gravestone 'Here lies Uzumaki Naruto, The undefeatable Hero, died from a panic attack.'

iAnby7W.gif

#59 soot-r

soot-r

Deva Path

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 06:35 AM

Every where you look is Sasuke this Sasuke that I'm tired of it. And Danzou is a little lab rat, I hope to see naruto in the next chapter so the plot can move on.

#60 elmonoloco

elmonoloco

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 02:58 PM

What I don't understand is why would Orochimaru help Danzo implant the sharingan into his arm when his main purpose through out the series was to gain the sharingan for him self ? Sorta seems like a plot hole to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users