Fallout 3

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
42 replies to this topic

#1 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 10 November 2008 - 09:03 PM

So, who else is playing this game? happy.gif

I picked this game up when I bought my new 360 a week ago. It was a bargain price (£10 off RRP), so I thought I'd give it a shot. Wow, I did not expect this game to be so ADDICTIVE. omfg.gif I played it for 4 hours in a row on Sunday morning, and I didn't even realise how much time had passed.

Currently, I've explored most of the south section of the world map. Most of my playing time is spent on the side quests rather than the main one, and I'm focusing my development on Small Guns/Science/Lockpicking (with a little on Big Guns tongue.gif Minigun/Flamer FTW). My favourite weapon has to be the combat shotgun. happy.gif I've also got a lot of Good Karma.

#2 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 10 November 2008 - 10:57 PM

Ever played Elder Scrolls: Oblivion? The same guys created this game too.

#3 Bolt

Bolt

H&E's residential vagabond! 8D

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 03:38 AM

Played both those games and loved 'em.

#4 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 11 November 2008 - 08:56 PM

I've never played Oblivion, I was originally put off by the fact it was first-person. Somehow, it felt impersonal. However, I really like playing Fallout 3 in first-person. Is combat OK in Oblivion? I really like the VATS in Fallout, and combat is OK if I aim (or am close), otherwise it feels very loose.

I might pick up Oblivion if I find it for a good price after Christmas. smile.gif

Haven't even bothered to pick up GOW2 yet, I'm having far too much fun with Fallout!

#5 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 10:11 PM

Rent Oblivion first before buying it....

#6 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 10:19 PM

Im worried.

Yeah I havent played Fallout 3 yet, but I am a fallout fan ( and not an old one, played the old ones for the the first time just a year ago) and I did played Oblivion, unfortuantly...

And alot of people basicley say that they just made an Oblivion clone, so yeah, im worried...

Made by Vongola10th

"Someone shoot me..." - Kyon, cheerful as always

#7 gamemaster2

gamemaster2

Badass extraordinaire

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Interests:Video games of any kind, anyone in depth enough to read this stupid page, and a bunch of other stuff I can't really think of a way to list so they could be written down here..........Bacon tastes pretty good though.

Posted 11 November 2008 - 11:02 PM

It's an Oblivion clone in the same way that Gears of War is a Halo clone. While they share similarities ( being first/third person, conversation system, and design team) they have differences too ( guns, humor, WORLD, story, and karma), and those happen to outweigh the first category. This is by no means just Oblivion with guns, but I can see how it can be taken as that.

#8 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 12 November 2008 - 01:21 AM

I so wanna play this game but I blew my last work check on Gears of War 2....

uc.png

#9 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 01:58 AM

The only thing stopping my bro from buying it is the fact that we have 6 Gigs left in my PS3

#10 deathworks

deathworks

I'am something..

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts
  • Interests:Computers computers and computers

Posted 16 November 2008 - 03:22 PM

i played it and loved it (got the pc version) dis no oblivion i can tell you that.
Naruto on Disney.....I give up....
Good night sweet prince..

#11 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 19 November 2008 - 06:34 AM

I got the Fallout 3 collectors edition. It came with the Pip-boy bobblehead, so awesome.

One of the things that set off my 'omg'-meter in the game... when I was travelling and came across the town 'Old Olney'.

I live in Olney, MD. It's weird to see your hometown in a game that's an international hit.

#12 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 03:42 AM

I got this game and currently, it's pissing me off....
SPOILER-ish... --Click here to view--
Right after I put in Three Dog's relay dish in the Wash. Monument, I try to fast travel back to GRN building, but my loading screen keeps freezing! Gah, it's so ridiculous, had the same problem with Oblivion, 'cept in Oblivion, it was after weeks of nonstop playing. My brother just bought the game yesterday and now it's freezing.

And also, for some reason, PSN pop ups pauses or freezes the game with a blurring screen effect until it goes away, any reasons for that? On the other hand, VATS is awesome to mess up with, 'specially if a mole rat is jumping my way. Bat to face pwns!

The front area of the Galaxy News Radio building is bugged in my game...I can't fast travel nor can I leave the building by going through the front door...

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 28 November 2008 - 03:37 PM.

#13 MagusKyros

MagusKyros

Hare Krsna!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy

Posted 29 November 2008 - 03:27 AM

I've played a couple of hours of Fallout 3. It feels depressing actually (which isn't surprising). Don't know if I'll play it again, but it doesn't bother me since I got it for free XD.

A little note on Oblivion, I'd rent it like how the other guy said, but if you were to actually buy it, I'd get it for the PC version so you can mod the hell out of it. That's the only reason I've managed to put quite a bit of hours in the game, otherwise the level system uses scaling (monsters level up with you) gets ridiculous.
A NaruSaku Manifesto - A presentation on the NaruSaku pairing using the manga.

#14 ForgottenBushido

ForgottenBushido

The Pirate King.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • Interests:Animation, and Graphic design, Photoshop CS3/4, Drawing, Character design. Gaming, Movies, and Girls. >:3 Verry much Girls.

Posted 04 December 2008 - 08:05 PM

Yes, actually I got it the day it came out.

I thought the character design was pretty good. Except that when I found some eye glasses, I looked a lot like Gordon Freeman.

Pretty much I just played all the way up to the end, and left to go do all the side quests. Right now I've got a super ogre following me. He's got this pretty wicked laser Gatling gun. Thing is he's a GOOD ally. So I dunno who all you guys may have met. Anyway he and I are running around DC killin' bad guys.

My favorite thing so far was fining a pre-war outfit, which I don't even use my power armor anymore. Lul

I dunno, can we get screen shots?

#15 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 08:31 PM

The NPC models look a lot better in Fallout than they did in Oblivion, Bethesda's churning out good looking games so far.

#16 Ulgamoth

Ulgamoth

H&E's Sun Pokemon

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Interests:I like Naruto, hence me being here. I also enjoy Death Note manga, Dragon Ball and DBZ manga and Full Metal Alchemist manga. In to metal music but can listen to ALMOST anything. Love playing video games, specifically Pokemon. Currently working on Pokemon Black. Spore is EPIC and so is Fallout New Vegas. Disturbed in the house, droppin' plates!

Posted 14 February 2009 - 01:37 AM

Hey I have Fallout 3 for the PC, and I'm currently trying to get the Operation Anchorage Expansion pack. I went to the site on the first link when you google it and it gave me directions. I followed those and it said that it was for the 360 only. If anyone has the Operation Anchorage expansion pack on the PC can you help me out a bit.

Deep in the jungle camouflaged by all the fallen leaves
A hand holds up the sky while shamefully I make my plea
The alter's callin' but my legs won't seem to stand
Guess I'm a coward scared to face the man I am

#17 psycho666

psycho666

wub

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 02:21 AM

Fallout 3 was awesome, I loved the way it ended and of course from the people that created Oblivion, which is one of my favorite games, the world is extremely well done and expansive, and gameplay is awesome. Though, if you haven't played Oblivion, I think its even better than Fallout though that's more on a personal level.

#18 Ashley

Ashley

JUST KEEP MOVING FORWARD

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Otakus, Video games, It's a Trap!, Colorguard, Cartoons, Epic Fail Guy, Ace Attorney, Professor Layton, Ouendan, Vocaloid, drawing, Gainax, shojo, shounen, Evangelion, Gurren Lagann, pairings, anime figures(Otaku desires?), movies, Tegaki, South Park, Hikaru Utada, etc.

Posted 14 February 2009 - 02:58 AM

My cousin letted me try Fallout 3, the next thing I knew I was being chased by crabs. I then had a dream that I was actually being chased by the crabs.

I then saw my cousin play Oblivion to see how it looks like. Gosh darn it he kept saying "DO A BEARELL ROLL." But the bear rolling down the hill was pretty funny.
I am still pinky-ash

#19 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 03:07 AM

QUOTE (The Sharingan @ Feb 13 2009, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey I have Fallout 3 for the PC, and I'm currently trying to get the Operation Anchorage Expansion pack. I went to the site on the first link when you google it and it gave me directions. I followed those and it said that it was for the 360 only. If anyone has the Operation Anchorage expansion pack on the PC can you help me out a bit.

Have you tried looking around some private gaming forums? People here can't exactly give out download links unless they feel like getting their butts sued off.

But then it's really only $10 dollars, IMO, a good deal for an addon to a good game.

#20 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 02:27 AM

I want those bleedin' DLCs for the PS3. Only PC and 360 gamers have access to them.... th_cussing.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users