Close
Photo

What if Sasuke had killed Sakura during the Land of Iron arc?

• Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

#1 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 12:47 AM

Suppose Naruto were a few seconds too late and Sakura had died in his arms. How would Naruto have reacted to Sasuke, per the way he had been written around this time and the remainder of the manga? My honest sincere belief: No jokes and not even kidding . . . Naruto is upset about it . . . for a total of two minutes . . . maybe three . . . no more than four . . . before pinning the blame on the matters allegedly beyond Sasuke's control (i.e. cycle of hatred). The remainder of the story then proceeds as normal without incident.

Edited by ThroughWithLove, 22 October 2017 - 01:19 AM.

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#2 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 01:51 AM

Suppose Naruto were a few seconds too late and Sakura had died in his arms. How would Naruto have reacted to Sasuke, per the way he had been written around this time and the remainder of the manga? My honest sincere belief: No jokes and not even kidding . . . Naruto is upset about it . . . for a total of two minutes . . . maybe three . . . no more than four . . . before pinning the blame on the matters allegedly beyond Sasuke's control (i.e. cycle of hatred). The remainder of the story then proceeds as normal without incident.

The problem is that kishimoto would never put Sasuke in a situation where he was beyond redemption. But if that happen, well this is still when Naruto was still allowed to have feeling for Sakura.

...Even if he doesn't kill Sasuke. I don't think Naruto will ever forget or forgive him for that, and Sasuke if he is redeemed in the end I don't see him ever returning to the village. Sasuke agrees not to be evil goes off somewhere if their a sequel his kids will be an outsider going the team.

An important thing to remember is before the meddling, Obito was "what would happen to Naruto if Sasuke killed Sakura." Then after the meddling he just became "the coolest guy."

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 16 July 2022 - 07:18 AM.

#3 BlackShirtGuy

BlackShirtGuy

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:Videogames, Anime, Naruto, Dragon Ball, Spider-Man, Megaman, Ace Attorney Series.

Posted 22 October 2017 - 01:55 AM

So basically only difference is that Karin is the neglected housewife instead of Sakura, honestly, I still think it's a better end than beign Sasuke's "wife" even if noone gives a crap about her dyiing, at least she can't downgrade as a character if she's dead :D
Honestly, Hinata ruined so much of this series that she is the character I hate the most, some say that it's not right to hate a 2d ink drawing in a piece of paper but she's directly and inderectly responsible for kittening up Naruto's Hokage Ceremony, (yeah I'm  still salty about that, I'M GONNA BE FOREVER SALTY ABOUT THAT, because really it's the only thing that could've redeemed this pile of garbage) .

Edited by BlackShirtGuy, 22 October 2017 - 02:39 AM.

“There are many types of monsters in this world, monsters who will not show themselves and who cause trouble. Monsters who abduct children, monsters who devour dreams, monsters who suck blood, and, monsters who always tell lies. Lying monsters are a real nuisance, they are much more cunning than other monsters. They pose as humans, even though they have no understanding of the human heart. They eat, even though they've never experienced hunger. They study even though the have no interest in academics. They seek friendship even though they do not know how to love. If I were to encounter such a monster, I would likely be eaten by it, because in truth, I am that monster.”   -L. Lawliet

#4 Catra

Catra

Outlaw Gunslinging marksmen

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Interests:AU narusaku, mortal kombat, balto, lion king, rudolph,

Posted 22 October 2017 - 02:17 AM

So basically only difference is that Karin is the neglected housewife instead of Sakura, honestly, I still think it's a better end than beign Sasuke's "wife" even if noone gives a crap about her dyiing, at least she can't downgrade as a character if she's dead :D
Honestly, Hinata ruin so much of this series that is the character I hate out the most, some say that it's not right to hate a 2d ink drawing in a piece of paper but she's directly and inderectly responsible for kittening up Naruto's Hokage Ceremony, (yeah I'm  still salty about that, I'M GONNA BE FOREVER SALTY ABOUT THAT, because really it's the only thing that could've redeemed this pile of garbage) .

exactly. imagine if you will at the end in return of the king aragorn got knocked out by one of the kid hobbits that you saw at the begining of fellowship of the ring and misses his ceremony, imagine if simba slipped and fell climbing pride rock and pumba comes along and does a big loud juicy fart at the top. not only was this not included in the actual manga itself, but he MISSES it and konoh has to cover for him. its the biggest slap in the face for anyone sticking around to see him become hokage. the very dream they've beaten over our heads again and again since chapter freaking 1. YOU. DON'T. DO THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! he couldn't have this one proud moment. and PEOPLE ARE LAUGHING AND PRAISING THE S HIT STAIN THAT HIS HIMAWARI! i gotta stop now before i say something i'll regret. i've never hated a character/author/story so much my blood pressures rising. 15 freaking years man and for what???!

#5 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 04:44 AM

There are many different levels to this, so I will separate my response in them.

Theme: I doubt forgiveness/redemption is the primary theme or, at least, in the form we saw it. Most of the audience would never accept it and the hope is that someone writing it would see that. That said, its these kinds of tests that I wish the manga did. One of the reasons I hate the end is that Naruto's answer and belief system are never really tested, so its hard for me to get behind it. The closest is Pain, but Naruto is bailed out from the consequences by Gedo Mazo. The Third's hesitation on Orochimaru had tragic consequences. Naruto redeems/forgives some terrible people, but it never nukes in his face. His plot armor always protects him. Anyways, I think the theme is totally different or we get a much grayer if not totally dark view of these themes, which almost everything that follows.

Would Naruto forgive Sasuke? It would probably look something like with Pain because of the how much value Naruto places on his ideals, but Sasuke either is a permanent exile or a dead body at the time it happens. I mean, Naruto allowed Orochimaru and Kabuto to remain free despite their crimes, the legendary Obito line, going to bat for Sasuke and so on.... Obito killed Neji to prove a point and still Naruto stopped Kakashi from killing him. So if he doesn't kill him in a fit a rage (certaintly possible that Naruto does do this), then yes, Naruto probably eventually does, but Sasuke never returns or Sasuke is dead when he is redeemed. 

Collateral Damage: Would he go 6 tails like with Pain? I think he probably would because Sakura is one of the closest people too him and the cause of her death would be right there. Might he be able to hold back some of his anger because its Sasuke? I don't know. That sense of betrayal might make things worse. If he does, Sasuke, Kakashi, and Karin are probably going to die. If they don't, its because Obito intervenes and gets his 9 tails chakra much sooner and probably puts Naruto out of commission (I admit I cannot remember what Obito was doing at that monent). Moon's eye is probably initiated much sooner and probable done without a fourth ninja war, If nothing else the next arc is probably a rescue Naruto arc. Either way, things would probably head south and do so in a hurry for one reason or another.

The fandom: If you thought the fandom wars were ugly before....   Don't forget, Sakura attempted to assassinate him from behind and stopped because of a lack of nerve. There would be an inevitable split between those who though him justified or those that didn't.

#6 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 02:06 PM

Then Naruto would Guarantee to get with Hinata WITHOUT FURTHER DEVELOPMENT and as a silver medal, ;plus Sakura haters would rejoice her death. Anyone here wants that? :mellow:

Edited by Phantom_999, 22 October 2017 - 02:12 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#7 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 22 October 2017 - 06:05 PM

I reckon Naruto would most like rip his throat out in blind rage considering it was the girl he loves.

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#8 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 22 October 2017 - 07:17 PM

Sadly giving how Kishi is Naruto would cry move on then use Ino like how he did with Sakura pretend to like her cause of Sasuke.

#9 Wubbzy

Wubbzy

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:Music, reading, writing, and dancing

Posted 22 October 2017 - 08:34 PM

If we're going with what the last said that it was all because of the rivarly with Sasuke, then yeah, he probably would be sad but end up forgiving Sasuke and not doing anything about it and still forgive him.

If we're going before the ending, and we look at how Naruto looked at Sasuke as he is whisking her away from Sasuke's impending blow on Sakura, you can see the anger, the fury in his eyes. To me it was like, "how could you/if you even think of touching her you're dead." I think you guys know, the look in his eyes as he saves Sakura from Sasuke.

So yeah if we're looking at his expression then yeah he would have been in such a fury and most likely kill Sasuke then out of anger. If Sasuke killed her of course.

But yeah I think it depends in the time point/if we look at the new information from the Last.

Edited by Wubbzy, 22 October 2017 - 08:48 PM.

NaruSaku <3

~

Fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/~wubbzy

~

#10 Kasimir38

Kasimir38

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:Rock Lee is my hero

Posted 22 October 2017 - 08:59 PM

Actually, I picture him flipping out and suddenly realizing how much he loves Sakura. Him not mourning over her would be very very very strange, considering what he freaked out about already soo... Sasuke would probably not survive that.

This Text was constructed automatically by EKton, the personal WEB - Robot.

- The artificial intelligence programme allows EKton to see your browsing history without judging. (Read bottom)  - It also analyzed post - data and came to the conclusion that NaruSaku is the most logical ship. Full report: NArUSA&%KU.;;;yDAta[Analysis];L=100%EKtonEKtonEKton

By shipping NaruHina you agree to our Terms and Conditions. These include being judged by EKton.

#11 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

I will be your Light when you're in the Dark

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    IchiRuki (Ichigo x Rukia)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    InuKag (Inuyasha x Kagome)
    Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Akizuka (Akira x Shizuka)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 22 October 2017 - 09:01 PM

If we're going with what the last said that it was all because of the rivarly with Sasuke, then yeah, he probably would be sad but end up forgiving Sasuke and not doing anything about it and still forgive him.

If we're going before the ending, and we look at how Naruto looked at Sasuke as he is whisking her away from Sasuke's impending blow on Sakura, you can see the anger, the fury in his eyes. To me it was like, "how could you/if you even think of touching her you're dead." I think you guys know, the look in his eyes as he saves Sakura from Sasuke.

So yeah if we're looking at his expression then yeah he would have been in such a fury and most likely kill Sasuke then out of anger. If Sasuke killed her of course.

But yeah I think it depends in the time point/if we look at the new information from the Last.

If we're talking in-character, the look on Naruto's face was the same as Minato's when Obito tried to kill Kushina. Meaning that if Sasuke had succeeded in landing his death blow, Naruto would've killed him.

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#12 lupina

lupina

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 11:28 PM

He'd go 9 tails and destroys everything and everyone. The End. 

"We live in a world that is so quick to convince us to ignore our feelings. Feeling stressed? Get a massage. Feeling angry? Go to the bar with your friends and blow off steam. Feeling lonely? Meet someone in cyberspace and have a conversation on the computer. Depressed? Take a pill. Anxiety? Take 2 pills. Feeling happy? Well, by George, don’t talk about that because no one likes a bragger. Same with being sad, no one likes a Debbie Downer. But, heaven FORBID, that you actually TALK about your feelings and process them in a healthy way."

- Amy Cassidy

#13 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

I will be your Light when you're in the Dark

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    IchiRuki (Ichigo x Rukia)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    InuKag (Inuyasha x Kagome)
    Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Akizuka (Akira x Shizuka)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 23 October 2017 - 02:34 AM

That's also a possibility.

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#14 Kasimir38

Kasimir38

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 09:15 AM

What I believe is that he would totally react like that, even now, because even if she isn't his wife, she is his best friend and he always admired her. Contrariwise, idk. :ohmy: In the Boruto manga, Sakura didn't seem to be bothered by the fact that Naruto was in danger. It's probably a spoiler, but there was a sequence in which Hinata put herself in danger to help him (but failed) and there was not a moment in which Sakura was in worry. Probably because she is a professional, probably because she knew he wouldn't fail, but it made the impression as if she didn't care? :umm:

- The artificial intelligence programme allows EKton to see your browsing history without judging. (Read bottom)  - It also analyzed post - data and came to the conclusion that NaruSaku is the most logical ship. Full report: NArUSA&%KU.;;;yDAta[Analysis];L=100%EKtonEKtonEKton

By shipping NaruHina you agree to our Terms and Conditions. These include being judged by EKton.

#15 lupina

lupina

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 10:22 AM

It is just a guess, but I do think they do this on purpose (don't let them interact with each other/react to each other), because NS has a very lively vivid presence on screen. Their interactions almost everytime become the center of attention, and since the focus lies on NH/SS Family, they don't want that.

"We live in a world that is so quick to convince us to ignore our feelings. Feeling stressed? Get a massage. Feeling angry? Go to the bar with your friends and blow off steam. Feeling lonely? Meet someone in cyberspace and have a conversation on the computer. Depressed? Take a pill. Anxiety? Take 2 pills. Feeling happy? Well, by George, don’t talk about that because no one likes a bragger. Same with being sad, no one likes a Debbie Downer. But, heaven FORBID, that you actually TALK about your feelings and process them in a healthy way."

- Amy Cassidy

#16 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 10:55 AM

What a tragic character.

#17 Kasimir38

Kasimir38

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 10:56 AM

Thought about that too...Sadly, they also take away precious friendship moments. What's with that attitude? I now have a wife/kid and don't care about you anymore? Is this how it works in real life, too? :omfg:

#18 lupina

lupina

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 11:05 AM

It isn't, that's why it feels so odd. But well ... everything since chapter ... 699/700, and maybe chapter 693, felt odd. So at least, they kept it in line. :ermm:

- Amy Cassidy

#19 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 23 October 2017 - 11:18 AM

It isn't, that's why it feels so odd. But well ... everything since chapter ... 699/700, and maybe chapter 693, felt odd. So at least, they kept it in line. :ermm:

I say even more since Kaguya showed up or maybe when it went back to that the reason the Uchiha are kittens is cause they love to much, give me a break. :down:

#20 Kasimir38

Kasimir38

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 11:26 AM

It's so hard to understand. Was it really because Kishimoto was put under pressure? Or does he actually believes in the ending?

Does he?

:argh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users