• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 Elicit

Elicit

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  • Interests:Mainly Video Games (mostly RPGs/Platformers/retro stuff), Music, Anime/Manga, Debating

Posted 24 November 2014 - 06:54 AM

What's a manga/anime with a pairing similar to NS that becomes canon? Leave good suggestions please. :hm:

#2 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 07:01 AM

It's not a manga, but the pre-52 universe had Lois and Clark. They went from rivals, to coworkers, to friends, to best friends, to boyfriend girlfriend. to lovers, to husband and wife, to soul mates.

In the tv series the evil rival bastard even dies. It was wonderful. Evil was punished and everything.

#3 Kster95

Kster95

Cat Sage

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Naruto, bleach, Sword Art Online, Young Justice, Game of thrones, Legend of Korra, Cats, Heroes

Posted 24 November 2014 - 07:08 AM

Hunger games? lol 

43iduct.jpg

#4 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 07:25 AM

What's a manga/anime with a pairing similar to NS that becomes canon? Leave good suggestions please. :hm:

Toradora or Okami-san.

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#5 dejavu

dejavu

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 07:53 AM

Nothing can replace NaruSaku for me

But back then i kinda got the same vibe of the story of ns in

Nagi no asukara

You can say its really different from Naruto of course but the conflict on the romance department is quite similar.

Loud energetic boy likes girl

Girl and boy and the other girl are childhood friends.

That other girl is like Hinata who is in live with the main guy.

The new guy who is.like sasuke is indifferent at first but shows closeness and chemistry with the main girl

The one who is similar to sasuke though is like a newcomer or ratger an outsider but really his character is very different from sasuke..lets say maybe if itachi didnt mess up sauce kinda thing.

The main boy thinks the girl is in love with the new boy. They seem so "destined" at some parts.

The end part made me thought of how NS could have happened.

warning dont click if you dont want some spoilers

Lol that was hard to explain since im out right now and cant organize my thoughts

#6 Shourai

Shourai

Young Esperantist

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 08:14 AM

It's a cartoon, not an anime or manga, but Wakfu has a couple that reminds me of NaruSaku. :]

#7 Rabbit

Rabbit

Pappaparapappapa

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,600 posts
  • Interests:Being peculiar. Travelling around the world. Shoujo manga. Obsessed with cats. Jelly beans. NicoNico. SPLATOON. Honeyworks.

Posted 24 November 2014 - 08:21 AM

Akatsuki no Yona and Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso

Shall we skate?❄❄

5a8024b87c1bc97de775cb6fa0967ff9.gif

#8 narusaku256

narusaku256

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,975 posts
  • Interests:Everything :D

Posted 24 November 2014 - 10:30 AM

Ash and Serena XD Just that.....Serena's not a tsundere XD

tumblr_nokgzxLJ4A1ts94lmo1_500.gif

#9 lupina

lupina

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 10:31 AM

Toradora, Vision of Escaflowne (gorgeous!), The Girl who leapt through time (movie), Peach Girl (but this one is cheesy chojo), Ranma 1/2, Inuyasha (also both Shojo), Ocean Waves (Ghibli movie)

The Focus here lies on developement, not similar characteristics.

"We live in a world that is so quick to convince us to ignore our feelings. Feeling stressed? Get a massage. Feeling angry? Go to the bar with your friends and blow off steam. Feeling lonely? Meet someone in cyberspace and have a conversation on the computer. Depressed? Take a pill. Anxiety? Take 2 pills. Feeling happy? Well, by George, don’t talk about that because no one likes a bragger. Same with being sad, no one likes a Debbie Downer. But, heaven FORBID, that you actually TALK about your feelings and process them in a healthy way."

- Amy Cassidy

#10 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 11:47 AM

Berserk.
Hunger games.

#11 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 24 November 2014 - 11:59 AM

I will have to say that its Pokeshipping for me Ash/Misty I mean the two started off hating each other at the start and by the time Misty left both were a lot closer I mean I remember one episode in D&P which Dawn saw Ash's Misty lure and he was very protective of it heck both hate it when another guy or girl gets closer to them lol that right there show something.

#12 Gammy Das

Gammy Das

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 12:27 PM

Not a manga but-

Percy Jackson and the Olympians.

EXACTLY like Narusaku.

Girl [Annabeth] likes the cool/super-Handsome/OP dude [Luke].

Enter the weakling [Percy].

#SPOILER##

Weakling discovers he's top-level godspawn [Son of Poseidon yo!], who is 'The Child of Prophecy'. :pimp:

##END##

Heroine warms up to the hero by the second book.

Love tensions start in the third book.

Conflicting emotions [Lovely stuff.:3] in the fourth Book; [Hero becomes super hot/Super-powerful stuff], and a majority of the fifth.

Resolution at the end of the fifth book [Amazing ending. :') ]. :th_yeah:

Percabeth is basically THE sort end-pairing that should get to happen. The villain is reprimanded, but in the right manner. :pimp:

Also, it's got TREMENDOUS chemistry. :excited:

I'm glad I followed the story from the beginning to the end. :hehehe:

Edited by Gammy Das, 24 November 2014 - 03:18 PM.

Because facts are facts... :D

#13 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 12:49 PM

Seriously, you young'uns have never heard of KenshinxKaoru??

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#14 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 12:52 PM

um, Divergent.

tumblr_nsqg2qQqZ61utjwzwo1_500.gif

#15 Namaenash

Namaenash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 12:56 PM

My favorite pairings in my humble 15+ years of reading manga series:

Full Metal Alchemist - Roy Mustang and Riza Hawkeye.

Full Metal Alchemist - Edward Elric and Winry Rockbell.

Slam Dunk - Hanamichi Sakuragi and Haruko Akagi.

GTO - Eikichi Onizuka and Fuyutsuki Azusa.

I like them mainly because they support each other. The male character is depicted as someone who protects the female character and always want to make her happy / safe. The female character is depicted as someone who will give their support tot he male character.

When the male character is feeling down, the female character will lift their spirit up. When the main character seems to lost his purpose, the female character will be there to get them back in the track. Both of them are depicted as characters who never gives up. Plus, the female character is admirable and 'strong' in her own rights.

The romance is subtle, yet clearly visible to those who observe. Not an overblown cheap romance plot, but rather a relationship with depth and meaningful interaction that left a good impression to the reader. Gentle, yet leaving memorable moments...

http://namaenasuyou.tumblr.com/     ||     https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6308104/

"I'm sorry I didn't believe. But I'd given up believing in so much, until I met you. From the first day I saw you, you were everything I ever wanted to believe in. You can do this, Diana. I know you can...But I have to go."

"What? What are you saying?"

"It's okay, this is what I came here to do. I can save today, but you... you can save the world."

#16 Gammy Das

Gammy Das

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 12:57 PM

There's also Luffy and Nami. :3

Because facts are facts... :D

#17 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 01:46 PM

Ash and Serena XD Just that.....Serena's not a tsundere XD

Yeah they're cute together, aren't they? :woot: Not like AshXMisty but still, She the first girl with a confirmed crush on Ash so far  

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#18 narusaku256

narusaku256

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,975 posts
  • Interests:Everything :D

Posted 24 November 2014 - 02:32 PM

Yeah they're cute together, aren't they? :woot: Not like AshXMisty but still, She the first girl with a confirmed crush on Ash so far  

Why do people like Ash x Misty I still.don't get it. Ash and Serena are just so perfect together :woot: I just love their chemistry and pairing. To each their own I guess....but its my opinion that Ash fits better with Serena than Misty. What do ya think? If its Misty....can you share your opinions? I am curious as well as eager to know why ASH X Misty is preferred over Ash x Serena...

tumblr_nokgzxLJ4A1ts94lmo1_500.gif

#19 Akashi

Akashi

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 03:01 PM

Hirunaka no Ryuusei? Although it's a shoujo. :shrug:

#20 Nami

Nami

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 03:40 PM

Um I don't know. Maybe Inuyasha and Kagome from Inuyasha? There are some similarities and there's a love triangle that unlike Naruto has a logical ending. It keeps you guessing and it did rip my heart out sometimes, but at least it makes it pretty clear who should end up with whom way before the final chapter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users