• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#21 Serenity

Serenity

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 06:29 AM

The biggest problem I have with it is Sakura's character development being completely destroyed. Like after everything that happened, it seemed that it just got thrown away and forgotten. What a disappointment. And honestly. I dunno how SasuSaku ever happened or will ever happen. It doesn't make sense at all. I'm sorry, I'm just really upset by this.

#22 Qia

Qia

Little Weasel

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • Interests:Too many to name

Posted 07 November 2014 - 06:32 AM

Sorry breh all I see is a missing page.

tumblr_mntyw24KkM1r7n6r9o1_500.gif

single-cherry-blossom-tree-4k-high-quali

#23 Win-chan

Win-chan

Eternal NaruSaku Warrior

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Music, Piano, Violin, Composing, Writing, Reading, Enneagram, Psychology, Ancient History

Favorite anime/manga: Naruto, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Death Note

Favorite TV shows: Supernatural and Sherlock

Favorite ships: NARUSAKU!, MinaKushi, ShikaTema, IchiRuki, MustangxHawkeye, SayaxHaji

Favorite Naruto characters (in no particular order): Naruto, Kakashi, Yamato, Shikamaru, Sakura, Minato, Deidara, Gaara

Posted 07 November 2014 - 06:41 AM

Sorry breh all I see is a missing page.

tumblr_mntyw24KkM1r7n6r9o1_500.gif

It's because the page done got removed because it was disturbing and had graphic sexy SasuSaku and NaruHina pics. I think I'm gonna need some mind soap.

SHINACHIKU

tumblr_inline_ngnhtp3KQk1sy20ab.jpg

The strong-willed, intelligent and powerful yet loving, tender, and sensitive heartthrob of Konoha.

#24 Qia

Qia

Little Weasel

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • Interests:Too many to name

Posted 07 November 2014 - 06:42 AM

It's because the page done got removed because it was disturbing and had graphic sexy SasuSaku and NaruHina pics. I think I'm gonna need some mind soap.

I know..hence the gif lol 

single-cherry-blossom-tree-4k-high-quali

#25 Win-chan

Win-chan

Eternal NaruSaku Warrior

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Music, Piano, Violin, Composing, Writing, Reading, Enneagram, Psychology, Ancient History

Favorite anime/manga: Naruto, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Death Note

Favorite TV shows: Supernatural and Sherlock

Favorite ships: NARUSAKU!, MinaKushi, ShikaTema, IchiRuki, MustangxHawkeye, SayaxHaji

Favorite Naruto characters (in no particular order): Naruto, Kakashi, Yamato, Shikamaru, Sakura, Minato, Deidara, Gaara

Posted 07 November 2014 - 06:48 AM

I love that gif. 

SHINACHIKU

tumblr_inline_ngnhtp3KQk1sy20ab.jpg

The strong-willed, intelligent and powerful yet loving, tender, and sensitive heartthrob of Konoha.

#26 lord287

lord287

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 07:14 AM

I will just list the top 3 disappointing things

1) No interaction between Naruto and Sakura

2) Naruto not giving enough time to his son. I expected Naruto to be way better than this. Even if he told his son he is busy, that is no way to treat his son like that. The way real Naruto was developed, he would have found out time for his son and also would have helped him paint his face monument. That was the goofy and fun-filled Naruto, I and most probably many fell in love with. Not the Naruto, who gives a lecture to his son about not doing pranks.

3) SS and NH happened. One pairing is super abusive and also has negligible interaction and the other one also didn't have any development. Seemed like naruto just fell in love with Hinata for sake of having children, but NH maybe developed a bit in the movie, but their also I don't think the way his feelings for Sakura vanished will be explained

Their are many more things which disappoint me like bringing Sakura to her part 1 self, only caring about her Sasuke-kun, why Tsunade stepped down, whereabouts of Orochimaru, Yamato etc.

THe ending was like the whole part 2 didn't happen at all, and only the part 1 where Sasuke was nice to Sakura and everyone was considered and we got the ending of the stupid manga Naruto Sasuke.

REST IN PEACE

15 YEARS OF DEVELOPMENTS

#27 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 07 November 2014 - 07:16 AM

Alright my disappointments for the end (because I didn't have too many problems with the series as a whole) are as follows. For starters the two panels of Hinata in 699 where just shoved in there. It's like she was the only trapped in IT, and her reaction is the only one that needed almost a whole page to show it. Then the lack of interaction between Naruto and Sakura was heartbreaking. All he says is thanks Sakura-chan, that's it, there is no acknowledgement from her nor does Naruto say anything else. The fact that Sasuke narrates killed the possibly of them having time to talk to one another too. I feel cheated because we got no closure. There wasn't a serious talk that they had were Naruto confessed. It's like once Sasuke came back Sakura was brain washed and she and Naruto just drifted apart after that. I honestly think Kishi should have had another two chapters to wrap up everything after the war, it was all too rushed, which is what leads to my next problem. There was no verbal interaction between Naruto and Hinata. There was no I love you, or thank you for everything, there was nothing, just the way there never was anything special between them in the entire manga. Naruto was there for her at Neji's funeral, but what friend wouldn't be? Then we get chapter 700 and bam they are canon, just like that. Then what makes its worse is that we still don't see any interaction between them! What the literal hell Kishi, I mean really? Knowing that The Last is there to make their relationship blossom makes it worse. Kishi had 700 chapters to build up their relationship but he didn't t do that, instead he made them canon without a word spoken between the two of them, but a movie will fix all of that :hm:

The rest of 700 was painful with the odd pairings, especially Chouji and Karui, where in the hell did that come from?! I couldn't help but think of Dijonay Jones from the Proud Family when I saw her. Then I also didn't like how almost all the rookies had kids at the exact time, really Kishi? You can just tell how all of this ass pulling was so that he can start setting up the next series is with the kids. However the worst thing that beats NH being canon, is that Naruto is a horrible father. As a parent I was crushed to see how he neglected his son. The one person who should know what his son is going through is him!!! Naruto knows that all too well and to see him do the exact same thing to his son is disgusting. He can make clones for crying out loud. Whats so hard about making one and so you can play hooky with your kid? That's what the real Naruto would do. I could see him ditching Hokage meetings and using a clone instead, or I could see him running late because he was goofy off with his son. Then I could see Shikamaru informing Sakura at work and she would be the one to set them both straight, instead she's stuck at home cleaning. It was all just horrible, but the father part really hit home. Naruto is a father in the fanfic I'm writing and to see the real Naruto fail really broke my heart. I couldn't stand seeing this stern serious Naruto tell his son "I just can't be your father", it was sickening.

Edited by Konohakitten, 07 November 2014 - 07:25 AM.

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#28 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,044 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 07 November 2014 - 07:23 AM

Alright my disappointments for the end (because I didn't have too many problems with the series as a whole) are as follows. For starters the two panels of Hinata in 699 where just shoved in there. It's like she was the only trapped in IT, and her reaction is the only one that needed almost a whole page to show it. Then the lack of interaction between Naruto and Sakura was heartbreaking. All he says is thanks Sakura-chan, that's it, there is no acknowledgement from her nor does Naruto say anything else. The fact that Sasuke narrates killed the possibly of them having time to talk to one another too. I honestly think Kishi should have had another two chapters to wrap up everything after the war, it was all too rushed, which is what leads to my next problem. There was no verbal interaction between Naruto and Hinata. There was no I love you, or thank you for everything, there was nothing, just the way there never was anything special between them in the entire manga. Naruto was there for her at Neji's funeral, but what friend wouldn't be? Then we get chapter 700 and bam they are canon, just like that. Then what makes its worse is that we still don't see any interaction between them! What the literal hell Kishi, I mean really? Knowing that The Last is there to make their relationship blossom makes it worse. Kishi had 700 chapters to build up their relationship but he didn't t do that, instead he made them canon without a word spoken between the two of them, but a movie will fix all of that :hm:

The rest of 700 was painful with the odd pairings, especially Chouji and Karui, where in the hell did that come from?! I couldn't help but think of Dijonay Jones from the Proud Family when I saw her. Then I also didn't like how almost all the rookies had kids at the exact time, really Kishi? You can just tell how all of this ass pulling was so that he can start setting up the next series is with the kids. However the worst thing that beats NH being canon, is that Naruto is a horrible father. As a parent I was crushed to see how he neglected his son. The one person who should know what his son is going through is him!!! Naruto knows that all too well and to see him do the exact same thing to his son is disgusting. He can make clones for crying out loud. Whats so hard about making one and so you can play hooky with your kid? That's what the real Naruto would do. I could see him ditching Hokage meetings and using a clone instead, or I could see him running late because he was goofy off with his son. Then I could see Shikamaru informing Sakura at work and she would be the one to set them both straight, instead she's stuck at home cleaning. It was all just horrible, but the father part really hit home. Naruto is a father in the fanfic I'm writing and to see the real Naruto fail really broke my heart. I couldn't stand seeing this stern serious Naruto tell his son I just can't be your father, it was sickening.

kishi should be ashamed. And are you gonna write next chapter soon? I need it after this crap.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#29 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 07 November 2014 - 07:30 AM

There are so many good points in this thread!

Like I have said before, I would have been fine with NaruSaku not becoming canon, if the ending made sense and everyone was in character.  The fact that Kishimoto committed complete character assassinations and threw out all of his foreshadowing in favour of random developments just makes me feel angry.  The Last movie is just going to be a cash-in and weak justification for his choices.

A single movie will never erase 15 years of manga development.

I would like to hope that Kishimoto realises how badly he messed up, but unfortunately I doubt he cares.  All the missed opportunities (especially the ones Nate highlighted) were just mounting up into one huge mess in the end.

#30 Broken Figurine

Broken Figurine

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 07:45 AM

There's just... a lot I'm still struggling to digest really. It's left me teetering between apathy and scorn. Sometimes, I just want to laugh. Though I have to say, one of the things that I don't know if I'm crazy or what--but I'm REALLY REALLY disappointed that Sakura's child is so unlikeable. I don't know if I'm the only one who's bothered by her personality, but I just can't believe this is Sakura's child. This girl who goes around following bolt with a frown. It's like she's supposed to represent her father, whereas Bolt is meant to represent his, as some sort of next-gen hetero version of NaruSasu and it just doesn't work for me on any level. I really dislike Salada. Not because she's a SasuSaku baby--I would have thought if anything I could at least like the children, but I... I hate this little girl XD I was banking that if nothing else, I'd love Sakura's child! Gah. 

#31 Shadow1275

Shadow1275

Lone Wolf

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts
  • Interests:I have lots of hobbies..

Posted 07 November 2014 - 07:48 AM

The biggest thing for me was Sakura's character. She had so much potential being hailed as surpassing Tsunade, possibly being the first girl to get over Sasuke, taking confidence in herself. But now she will be forever hated and remembered by the fandom as a stupid girl who loved a man who constantly rejected and abused her emotionally and physically. Than even after they have children what does he do? Run off on her and leave her to take care of her daughter alone. I Love Sakura but I can't believe that ANY person irregardless of gender would put up with this abuse. 

The other thing is that I don't even consider Naruto that much of a hero. All of his victories feel like empty ones. He never clearly defeated Sasuke in a one on one battle, he never even confessed to the girl of his dreams, and even though he was considered the strongest ninja in the world he still got passed over for Hokage.

Finally, as if to point out how terrible the series has become everyone in 700 looks miserable. The kids are all neglected by their parents. None of the pairings make sense. Sasuke and Sakura are separated just as Naruto and Hinata are separated. It just looks like everyone hates their lives now. The only good part of these two chapters was 700, I couldn't stop laughing at how ridiculous everything was.

Oh well, for me Naruto ends open-ended with Sakura's love confession to Naruto. Everything else is just non-canon to me and feels like a different story altogether. 

I absolutely can't wait to hear Kishimoto's "Genius" excuse for this though on monday . This ending was so bad that there's no way that there won't be any backlash.

He Who is Brave is Free-Seneca

^I have a lightsaber your argument is invalid^

"You may be called upon yet again to defend the glory of the Republic against the tyranny of the Dark Side. For this, is the destiny, of the Jedi..."

#32 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 07 November 2014 - 09:56 AM

1. Failure to resolve major plot points such as the cycle of hate. Seriously...they answer was the enemy of my enemy. Their differences caused wars. WWII is an obvious instane that that kind of papering over doesn't eliminate the underlying differences. Once the reason they united goes away those differences have a nasty way of returning. People just hate anymore because....something.

2. The complete abandonment of accountability and responsibility.

3. Constantly raising and side stepping moral issues.

4. Letting a mass murderer get his happy ending and live vicariously through Kakashi.

5. The complete ignoring the obvious objectors.

6. Kaguya and Black Zetsu and the complete failure to develop either.

7. Part 2's constant blame shifting from characters to designated a**holes.

8. The Failure to resolve Naruto's feelings.

9. Not seeing Naruto becoming Hokake.

10. Naruto's and Sasuke OCC behavior.

11. Ino behaving like her Part 1 self.

12. Sakura behaving like her Part 1 self.

13. Everything about the 693 reset button.

14. Spending an enormous amount of time building parallels  only to turn around and ignore them 

15. Constantly reaffirming Naruto's feelings dedicate only to abandon it for no clear reason.

16. Leaving that justification for a movie because of the obvious hole that's left.

17. The constant use of strawmen.

18. The haphazard slapping together of pairings that have no basis in anything, but simply for their own sake.

19. Having Naruto become Hokage will somehow being constantly bailed out of having to make tough decisions or justify anything. 

20. Obito is a cool guy.

21. Always reaching for the low hanging fruit...that the other reality of IT was a lie wasn't the worst thing about it. Not even close.

21. Failing to effectively call Obito out as the complete piece of kitten he was.

22. Seriously, Rin had nothing to say about what Obito had done? In her name. What price did he pay for that again?

23. Team Not Seven. Their existence made no sense. Why they stuck around made no sense. And despite their lingering stench they are suddenly AWOL from the ending?

24. Orochimaru being reduced to cheap plot device. No idea why he helped, what he got out of it, and why he was just ignored. Kinda like he was a murderous monster the whole time. Even his resurrection was bullsh**. What was the motivation. There was none.

25. The mass Pain resurrection. 

26. Izanami. Cheap plot device and a technique whose existence made no sense other than a pathetic way to "reform" Kabuto by undertstanding his true. Why his true self couldn't be crap? No idea. But apparently that was impossible. 

27. Naruto completely wiffing on the fact that Itachi was one, if not the, biggest reason Sasuke went the direction he did. 

28. Pretending Itachi didn't murder children when he totally did as a way of trying to blunt the damage it does to the whole idea of good Itachi.

29. Resolving the Kyuubi reveal off screen.

I wanted to like your post, Nate, but I have reached my daily quota.

Nonetheless you disappoint me, Nate. You have not mentioned the "Naruto is the Chosen One to join and bring peace to the ninja world" garbage not even one single time! :woot: Have you forgotten -or actively erased from your mind- that preposterous and useless subplot that came out from nowhere, added nothing to the history and actually subtracted from it?

I guess that since it came from nowhere and it made no sense it is fit that its resolution also came from nowhere. How Naruto joined the ninja world? Oh, he did. He only... did.

Or is the resolution that there are ninjas no longer, hence he has ended the hatred in the ninja world because there is not a ninja world anymore?

Oh, wait. You mentioned the cycle of hatred. My apologies, then.  :hehehe:

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#33 ioria

ioria

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 12:56 PM

My only answer is: the fact everything ended as a bad written fan fiction.

I never liked Shippuden and I was ready for *everything* but not this.

14670g.jpg

#34 Hokage Sennin

Hokage Sennin

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 12:57 PM

The way the ending is executed is why people like overly attached girlfriends exists. You can only take someone's word as true at the moment they utter it. The next second is anyone's guess if the person changes his/her mind.

#35 ioria

ioria

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 01:48 PM

Oh, also... NEJI WAS RIGHT ABOUT DESTINY

And it deserved to be written in Comic Sans.

14670g.jpg

#36 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 07 November 2014 - 01:59 PM

promise of a lifetime. 

what is that? a kind of turd?

screw that lets gloss over the ending with everybody's spawn because funnies.

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#37 8Hogake

8Hogake

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 02:01 PM

I just feel like I wasted 15years of life. I use to defend sakura when everyone bashed her to the ground. I was the only one out of my group and what hurts the most is that I'm right. She was justified in every one of those situations from the "fake confession," how she could have love sasuke at each point of the manga, how she was changing etc. but it doesn't matter. According to 700 sakura is basically everything the people said she was. All characters development gone in one Chpt. She was my favorite character b/c I knew she had it in her to change; I saw the potential. But part of that change was get over sasuke and realizing her true love with naruto. Sasusaku is abusive. She needed to get over sasuke to truly see she was strong by herself. Sasuke was holding her back and naruto pushed her forward. Many of her doubts and shortcomings where linked to saskue. I notice the repeatedly in the manga. But it doesn't matter.

But my bigger issue is that the hero never got the girl; he gets the rebound girl and everyone is ok with it. As long as naruhina happens; naruto feeling doesn't matter. Hinata couldn't have said it better myself, "I'm [naruhina shippers] just being selfish." Naruto was supposed to surpass the previous generation. Nothing in the manga makes sense to me after 700. I can even read of watch it the same. All I can think of is how the anime studio is gonna spam the crap out of naruhina now. I want to be happy for naruto becoming hokaga but I can't hep but feel like screwed over (put in nice terms). I can not and I will not ever accept naruhina. I will ride on my [narusaku] ship and I will die on my ship. Narusaku4Lyfe.

**Btw. I will be waiting for kishimoto explaination. I'm sure someone is gonna ask if 700 was his intentions from the beginning.b

I remembered that He said he was for NaruSaku but after his father died. Everything change. I guess he doesn't have heart at all.

#38 Daniee

Daniee

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 03:03 PM

Though everything is horrible, I would have to say the cherries on top of this whole s*** sundae are:

1.) Characters being paired up for NO reason other than for them to make kids and set up their stupid "NARUTO BABIES" spinoff.

2.) The fact that we're apparently expected to see a movie to make sense out of any of this.

It actually reminds me of how a few recent video games have had the "true ending" locked behind DLC (Ironically, one of those games was Asura's Wrath, a game that Kishimoto seems like he was inspired by for some of the later chapters in the series).  It's just awful.

This spinoff is going to crash and burn, btw.  Just like Dragon Ball GT and season 9 of Scrubs.  Any time something is continued past the "ending" just for the sake of continuing it and making more money, nobody cares.  They're too smart for that.

Kishimoto could have ended NARUTO on a high note, but it seems he instead chose to ride this thing off into the sunset until it no longer makes money.  What a damn shame.

#39 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 05:35 PM

Honestly, we should have known something was up when the databook used the words "until now" in description of Naruto's feelings for Sakura, when it said Sakura was simply trying to pay Naruto back by helping him become hokage (YEAH RIGHT, KISHI! That explains her interactions with Naruto, what Yamato was about to say and Sai's comments about love. They were all talking about him becoming hokage. All those comments about Sakura having unresolved feelings for Naruto. All those times of her blushing. All of that was about her wanting to help him become hokage!  Even the blasted parallels. All that was about Naruto becoming hokage. You buffoon!) and when it gave Hinata lightning and fire elemental affinities (the two affinities compatible with Naruto's) despite there NEVER being any indication of this throughout the whole manga. You literally have to wrecking ball big chunks of the manga to make this ending make sense and I'm sure that's what the move will do with its made-up never before seen flashbacks.

The Naruto I know would never treat his son like that. He'd go join him . . . and even teach him the pervy jutsu to add! Had he married Sakura, she'd chew him out for neglecting his son.

Edited by ThroughWithLove, 07 November 2014 - 05:39 PM.

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#40 Harbour

Harbour

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing in pencil.

Posted 07 November 2014 - 05:55 PM

Why i was disappointed? Because these two chapters supposed to be proper ending of NaruSaku line, SasuKarin line, MinaKushi line, other previous generations lines, turn out to be the kitten fanfic filled with OOC characters, massive orgy, Oculus Rift, laptops, skyscrapers, pitiful old cast and ruining of main principles of the whole story. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users