• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 12:41 PM

Watch:
Narutoget
GoGoAnime
AnimeCrazy

Edited by Hokage Sennin, 02 June 2011 - 12:43 PM.

#2 pharix

pharix

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 12:54 PM

ended right where I thought it would biggrin.gif

#3 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 12:55 PM

I'm glad that they didn't really have that many flashbacks this episode as I thought they would - though replaying the entirety of Sakura's confession to Naruto was, I feel, definitely padding and annoying to boot to have to rewatch a whole scene that we've already seen before.

I didn't really like the way they animated Naruto saving Sakura sad.gif but then, the more I watch it the more I like it tongue.gif - though the scene right afterwards with the closeup of all of their faces I did like quite a bit. :-)

Next episode should be interesting to watch -> Naruto setting Sakura down, letting his hand linger on her shoulder, Sakura yelling at Sasuke for telling Naruto to shut up, etc.

Edited by Paptala, 02 June 2011 - 01:14 PM.

0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#4 Kobayashi

Kobayashi

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, photography, computers, games...

Posted 02 June 2011 - 01:14 PM

Again confession so irritating. Meh

#5 Hokage Sennin

Hokage Sennin

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 01:19 PM

Except for the confession, the flashback scenes are put in its rightful place. And the ending is underwhelming, why!!! Fanarts capture the scene much better.

Anyway, am I not alone at thinking that Kakashi's Mangekyou is different?

#6 Guest_Kim_*

Guest_Kim_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2011 - 01:27 PM

Of course they had to put thousands of flashbacks(and even flashbacks-in-flashbacks) in what I thought would be a regular episode. No wonder Naruto Abridged makes jokes about that constantly. biggrin.gif
And of course they had to throw in SS. I don't remember Karin saying anything about Sakura being in love with Sasuke, but I could be wrong... Also, what was really the point of putting the entire scene of Sasuke leaving?
But yeah, overall it wasn't that bad of an episode. Liked seeing Naruto in the end!

#7 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 01:41 PM

It has to end just when it was coming to the best part darn it once again they have made the episode leaning towards SS no wonder people who only watch the anime thinks other pairings will happen besides NS.

Edited by Gravenimage, 02 June 2011 - 01:43 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#8 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 01:48 PM

so disappointing --Click here to view--
I don't think I've been this irritated since the stupid Hinata filler during the Pain arc.

More flashbacks. Ugh. Decent animation up until Sakura's flashback. Then it's like they all went on vacation. The whole ending was the manga panels set to motion. Just big heads swishing across the scene! And after such a great fight! What the hell happened? It looks like in the end scene they spent the most time on Kakashi's crazy mangyeko-hangover-crabwalk.

And so much of the story was distorted. They left out the little moment between Sakura and Karin. Sakura's not crying, she just gets up after healing her and walks over to the wall. No introspection, no guilt about going against Kakashi's orders...she just gets up to keep pursuing Sasuke.

Then Kakashi yelling "Don't!" when she's up on e ceiling. Dude! You're a ninja! Shyaddup!

And more flashbacks. But these are particularly offensive because they go nowhere. They tell us nothing we didn't already know. Her trying to stop him did have some variation I think, with him not remembering the bench scene — I don't think it's that obvious in the manga, but I may be wrong — but the rest was just Sasu/Saku fodder.

Geez. All that crap about Hinata, and this is what they manage to pull out for Sakura.

And the ending? Naruto's big entrance? That was awful. The panel in the manga is vibrantly drawn, from an odd angle, water rushing everywhere. As a reader it takes two or three look-overs to get the whole picture. That's an artist using the full scope of his medium to tell a story with the great amount of visual impact.

But this scene falls completely flat in the anime because it's just the manga panels set to motion.

Could have had a great, suspenseful build up of scenes culminating with him saving her. A heros entrance sort of thing. His foot pushing off the wall, his hand pushing past her cloak, Sakura's confusion at falling away without the pain of a kunai stab. Then have a scene with as much detail as the Susano'o ones at the beginning of the episode: the wide shot with him saving her, knee down, water flying everywhere and the audience can see the whole picture.

Nope. Just bodies sliding across the background in a quick 2-3 seconds. The whole end was over in 10 seconds. More time was spent on Kakashi flopping the drugged nins bodies around in the beginning.

I'll be surprised if the anime goes Naru/Saku.

I usually don't get ranty, but I'm pretty disappointed in this. I mean, why watch it if they are going to butcher the scenes and contort the plot? What's the point?

#9 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 02:11 PM

I don't get it. Why are you guys so disappointed in this episode? The confession was portrayed right before Sakura was hesitant to kill Sasuke. Especially the part where he said thank you. Being an anime, it wont be just short moments or panels like the manga. Anime always drag moments so they just put in the whole scene. I don't think this is SasuSaku. Its just the way it is, Sakura not being able to kill Sasuke. And Naruto's entrance is like "passing the baton". The baton being Sakura where SasuSaku dies and Naruto takes over. I think you guys have freaking high expectations. Or maybe mine is low. Oh well that's my opinion anyway.

Edited by Darth Krypt, 02 June 2011 - 02:12 PM.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#10 Chivalrysae

Chivalrysae

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Interests:Flag Football, Anime, Indoor Wall Climbing, Hiking, Running

Posted 02 June 2011 - 02:13 PM

Here's to hoping the next episode does a full animation of the rescue scene as a semi recap of this one.

#11 narutouzumaki50

narutouzumaki50

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 02:26 PM

sleep.gif
Thoughts.... --Click here to view--
I think it was an okay episode. Didn't like the animation much. I gave it a 7 out of 10!

It burns to be me!!

#12 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:10 PM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Jun 2 2011, 08:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so disappointing --Click here to view--

I'll be surprised if the anime goes Naru/Saku.

I usually don't get ranty, but I'm pretty disappointed in this. I mean, why watch it if they are going to butcher the scenes and contort the plot? What's the point?

Well, assuming NaruSaku does happen in the manga, I really doubt the anime team will change the plot. I know it happened in Fullmetal Alchemist, but from what I hear that was because Arakawa wanted to focus on the manga and gave the anime team consent to go in their own direction with it. Considering the massive fillers this anime has, I really doubt Naruto would do the same. Of course there's always the possibility they'll downplay the big NS scene, but we'll see when it happens.
That being said, I'm pretty ambivalent towards the anime. Sure they throw in a lot of NH/SS stuff, but they were pretty generous to us during the Hidan/Kakuzu arc. Not to mention that amazing OVA that came out at the beginning of the year. I think it's more just that when the anime has a chance to throw in a flashback, they go a little crazy with it. On top of that, I think SasuSaku's a bigger pairing in Japan, so they have to keep the fans happy. But I guess I haven't seen the episode yet (I'm still at work, lol), so maybe it is as bad as some of you are saying.
On a side note, I've noticed on Narutoverse (where I generally watch the anime) most of the anime-only fans seem to ship NaruSaku. It could be just that site, but the anime studio must be doing something right.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#13 Kuraudo

Kuraudo

Dattebayo!

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Art (Photoshop, Drawing, Painting etc.), Manga, Anime, Hardware &amp; Software genius, Tennis, Music... :)

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:59 PM

QUOTE (Paptala @ Jun 2 2011, 02:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm glad that they didn't really have that many flashbacks this episode as I thought they would - though replaying the entirety of Sakura's confession to Naruto was, I feel, definitely padding and annoying to boot to have to rewatch a whole scene that we've already seen before.

I didn't really like the way they animated Naruto saving Sakura sad.gif but then, the more I watch it the more I like it tongue.gif - though the scene right afterwards with the closeup of all of their faces I did like quite a bit. :-)

Next episode should be interesting to watch -> Naruto setting Sakura down, letting his hand linger on her shoulder, Sakura yelling at Sasuke for telling Naruto to shut up, etc.

+1

Can't wait for next one. ^^

Edited by Kuraudo, 02 June 2011 - 04:00 PM.

#14 Chew

Chew

^ NaLu meine lub #ever1curr

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Interests:omgawrsh y u do dis, Y U READING

Posted 02 June 2011 - 04:15 PM

At last, THE SCENE has come out for me to use in my upcoming video. MWUAHAHA. MWUAHA. -insert maniacal sasuke laugh here-

Besides our NaruSaku moment, did anyone else enjoy the animated version of the human embodiment of the word crazy (Sasuke's laugh) >;D
OTP and my Bby

#15 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 04:24 PM

a little more... --Click here to view--
What gets me is she says she's doing it for Naruto, then drops right into extensive flashbacks about her love of Sasuke! There simply is no coherent storyline, just a connect the dots about stuff we already knew.

@boom...winning, the animation in the ending scene was just weak. In fact, I didn't even think they would have it in this episode since there was so little time left. Surprise. They phoned it in.

I was looking forward to seeing that ending scene animated, and I could really care less about seeing ANOTHER Sasuke fight animated. I like seeing Naruto looking like a bad ass. He was a badass in the manga, but here...eh.... They dropped the ball.

Like I said, just disappointed. If they are going to make it heavy NH/SS till the end, or simply all Sasuke worship, then there's really no point in me watching. It's simply not anything I'm interested in. If the manga were that way, I wouldn't be reading it!

edit: oh yeah, I forgot, Sasuke can really bring the crazy can't he! And I like the inflection in his voice when he cut off Sakura to say he was going to destroy Konoha. Some good, emotionally charged moments from the normally flat Sasuke.

It's crazy because the first half of the episode was pretty good, then when it switches to Sakura it all goes down hill. Ugh. I think I'm done with the anime.

Edited by tricksie, 02 June 2011 - 04:27 PM.

#16 Grace

Grace

I am Johnlocked. Formerly known as "Kushina".

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 07:25 PM

Well that was....a waste of my morning.
The animation was a mix of wobbly, funky, and flat.
The flashbacks weren't really flashbacks so much as entire chunks of old episodes thrown in with no tie-back to the current situation to keep them in context as flashbacks, and the cut-back to current Sakura when they were done was way too abrupt to where it felt odd.
While it was better than the usual monotone Sasuke, woulda been nice to hear him sound legitimately crazy instead of just angry--he looked crazy, but didn't really sound it.
Like most everyone has said so far, the ending should have gotten a lot more attention than it did--both in animation quality and screen-time.
The only thing I liked about this episode at all was the cut to Naruto's face after he's saved Sakura; the music/sound fit his exp​ression really well (though it's kinda sad that the most impressive/enjoyable thing in this episode was a three to five second shot of Naruto's face).

The whole thing was just so....jumbled and messy. Really hope it gets better with next week's episode.

#17 Manara

Manara

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 07:27 PM

Some people here are having a wrong interpretation for the long flashback of chapter 214 of Naruto. Okay, I even think that scene was, in part, sasusaku's fanservice, yes, but...

For me this scene was very well placed. In at a strategic moment, I'd say.

Sometimes we forget the ties of Sakura and Sasuke, particularly now in the shippuuden. It happens because the bonds of Naruto with Sasuke are always more explored (because they are really even stronger) and Sakura're almost all the time, in the shippuuden, worried about Naruto, even when both are concerned with Sasuke.

So that flashbak was good for us remember that Sakura and Sasuke had important moments too, though few . And, more important, for us to understand why she'd been so determined, in the and was unable to kill Sasuke.

She herself was surprised because I was certain he could do. And she says it to herself : "Why I don´t could do it?"

This just shows that the whole time she was determined to do it for Naruto. Yes, the declaration of love was true, now I can see it.

She just underestimated the ties that still has with Sasuke. And what kind of bonds are those which are not yet know exactly.

Naruto for Hokage!
My blog
My Twitter: @themanara

#18 Living Lavish

Living Lavish

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE (Paptala @ Jun 2 2011, 01:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

what? Sakura flashbacked to her confession to Naruto? then flashback to SS?

#19 Living Lavish

Living Lavish

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 07:47 PM

QUOTE (Manara @ Jun 2 2011, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Some people here are having a wrong interpretation for the long flashback of chapter 214 of Naruto. Okay, I even think that scene was, in part, sasusaku's fanservice, yes, but...

For me this scene was very well placed. In at a strategic moment, I'd say.

Sometimes we forget the ties of Sakura and Sasuke, particularly now in the shippuuden. It happens because the bonds of Naruto with Sasuke are always more explored (because they are really even stronger) and Sakura're almost all the time, in the shippuuden, worried about Naruto, even when both are concerned with Sasuke.

So that flashbak was good for us remember that Sakura and Sasuke had important moments too, though few . And, more important, for us to understand why she'd been so determined, in the and was unable to kill Sasuke.

She herself was surprised because I was certain he could do. And she says it to herself : "Why I don´t could do it?"

This just shows that the whole time she was determined to do it for Naruto. Yes, the declaration of love was true, now I can see it.

She just underestimated the ties that still has with Sasuke. And what kind of bonds are those which are not yet know exactly.

SS had a connection maybe in team 7 but not a bond. Sasuke was very much interested in Naruto. so you can't compare it to a strongest bond in the series NaruSasu.

Edited by Living Lavish, 02 June 2011 - 07:54 PM.

#20 coolcatjas

coolcatjas

Lvl.70 ブレイバー

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Interests:Basic stuff like anime, manga, drawing, reading, movies, ect..

Posted 02 June 2011 - 09:10 PM

I liked it, until the what was supposed to be the epic NaruSaku scene

Let's compare shall we? --Click here to view--

In the anime Naruto's legs are awkward in the manga they are in an awesome pose. Naruto's hair is awkward too. Notice there is no waves/splash created by Naruto skidding across the water.
The anime seriously lacked. Naruto's entrance should have been bad@$$ but instead his entrance just plain sucks... That scene was totally ruined >:C
I hope they can remake this scene because this.... *sighs*

swi1pKF.png
Image drawn by me :D

Tumblr Account Pony Account

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users