• This topic is locked This topic is locked
33 replies to this topic

#21 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 01 April 2011 - 02:58 AM

QUOTE (Kushina @ Mar 31 2011, 08:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@ciardha--Er, how is it any more pointless to get peeved over changes made than to "angst", as you put it? Either way you're getting upset over something that, as you put, "has nothing to do with the manga canon either way", "it's just an adaption- and markedly inferior a one at that.".

-I'm gonna guess most anyone that watches the anime (I'd assume, sure there are exceptions) don't watch it believing the anime can trump the manga; it's just entertainment, and there's no harm in critiquing it =]

We say it too.
/california native

heh, y'all are just copying us ;D (Not that we "ain't" flattered- imitation being the greatest form of flattery and all... wink.gif
Off topic linguistics geekery wink.gif --Click here to view--
The word actually comes from the 17th and early 18th century Scottish immigrants to the south- there's a plural "you" in old Scots-Gaelic and also in old Lowland Scots-English- the later was pronounced something like "yay- al". In the "new world" it gradually was contracted to y'all. (yes, I'm a linguistics geek too.) The Scots dominantly immigrated to south, and Kentucky (my home state) is still the state that has the highest number of people descended from Scottish immigrants (Tennessee is second, Arkansas third, West Virgina fourth, North Carolina fifth.

Guess I didn't make my point clearly enough- I was attempting to contrast critiquing with angsting. Angsting just makes you feel bad and puts way too much importance onto the anime, whereas critiquing is a constructive reduction.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#22 Grace

Grace

I am Johnlocked. Formerly known as "Kushina".

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 03:29 AM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Mar 31 2011, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
heh, y'all are just copying us ;D (Not that we "ain't" flattered- imitation being the greatest form of flattery and all... wink.gif
Off topic linguistics geekery wink.gif --Click here to view--
The word actually comes from the 17th and early 18th century Scottish immigrants to the south- there's a plural "you" in old Scots-Gaelic and also in old Lowland Scots-English- the later was pronounced something like "yay- al". In the "new world" it gradually was contracted to y'all. (yes, I'm a linguistics geek too.) The Scots dominantly immigrated to south, and Kentucky (my home state) is still the state that has the highest number of people descended from Scottish immigrants (Tennessee is second, Arkansas third, West Virgina fourth, North Carolina fifth.

Guess I didn't make my point clearly enough- I was attempting to contrast critiquing with angsting. Angsting just makes you feel bad and puts way too much importance onto the anime, whereas critiquing is a constructive reduction.

Copied you? Hardly ;P

@your linguistic geekery--Don't much care where it came from, was just playfully responding to the implication that you're entitled to use it simply because you're from the south and use it in casual speech<---which is why I mentioned that we use it too.

....you said you'd be "peeved" over alterations in the scene or Sakura's behavior, and others that have been "angsting" did so over the same things, so.... The difference is where? I guess, to me, it just sounds like both are emotional responses mixed with critique; you've just separated them into two different emotions and seem to be implying that one is worse....

#23 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 11:55 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Mar 31 2011, 06:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll be peeved if they get it wrong- epecially after Kishimoto made a point of bluntly (for a Japanese person) stating Sakura was being completely truthful about being in love with Naruto to the voice actors at Jump Festa 2009.

Is this the interview where the VA's are present and someone makes a comment about the confession and her being haughty towards Naruto? I thought he said that Naruto was close but that Sakure really loved Sasuke... That's the translation I remember.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#24 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 02 April 2011 - 04:00 AM

QUOTE (chouzu_tao @ Apr 1 2011, 07:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is this the interview where the VA's are present and someone makes a comment about the confession and her being haughty towards Naruto? I thought he said that Naruto was close but that Sakure really loved Sasuke... That's the translation I remember.

Most of the interview was heavily biased and mistranslated. So, don't worry about it. happy.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#25 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 02 April 2011 - 04:07 AM

The animation of this show has officially bottomed out.

uc.png

#26 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 02 April 2011 - 05:21 AM

QUOTE (chouzu_tao @ Apr 1 2011, 07:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, that was the distorted summary that came out first. The part that was ommited from that is crucial and in the correct full translation. Naruto's VA Junko trashes Sakura says she was haughty, lying, etc... Kishimoto comes back with "On the contrary in that scene I was writing Sakura as an honest and surprisingly determined girl." And also in the true transcript Kishimoto says "Naruto is close (meaning she is in love with him, which goes right along with his more blunt answer that I already quoted) but she .... (no words, he just pauses) Sasuke" (no really or loves, this was after 469 but before 474 (week 470 came out in Japan), so he wanted to leave a degree of ambiguity there so people would read it and find out what would happen next.) He did want to make certain people knew Sakura really is in love with Naruto and was being 100% truthful and was determined to get that through Naruto's head. It's her real feelings. As has been pointed out she wanted Naruto to know she returned his love before she went to kill Sasuke. Sai reinforces Sakura's words in 474- she has moved on from Sasuke and is in love with Naruto now, but she remembers her feelings for Sasuke, who he once was, and sees the monster he's become, and how much a danger he is to Naruto (To Naruto- "She was only thinking of you, and I hope you get that" Prompting Naruto for the first time to see Sakura in his head as she is, not the 12 year old Sasuke fangirl- in fact that image of her shatters in Naruto's head as he thinks on Sai's words.)

Look as well at Naruto's words and behavior when he rescues her from Sasuke, (absolutely nothing about Sakura's feelings for Sasuke- it's all about how Sasuke should respect Sakura as a member of team 7 too.) and even moreso his mental image of her and his other age peers in chapter 504- she is the only one of the group with her full attention on him, and she is looking at him in an openly loving way. Naruto knows Sakura is truly in love with him.

Look as well- Sakura's words to Sasuke also are not in the least romantic, it's all blunt, businesslike and pretty emotionless- if she was actually still in love with Sasuke she would have been blushing and talking like she did when she made her part 1 confession to Sasuke. (She didn't even think for a moment of acting that way, which is a pretty blunt confirmation that she has indeed moved on, this real Sasuke she is looking at is not someone that she has any romantic feelings for.) Look at her blushing and awkward confession to Naruto, that's Sakura being real, thus her angry insistence in 470, and Naruto does seem to finally concede her feelings for him are real once she gets hacked off. (looks like he switched to thinking Sakura loved both Sasuke and himself at that point, it wasn't until Sai set him straight that he finally put it together- Sakura is deeply in love with Naruto and what he was sensing about Sasuke in her was her memories of her feelings. The combination of her love for Naruto, desire to protect him from being killed by Sasuke, and saving Sasuke from betraying the Sasuke she once crushed on and becoming a complete monster, she had to kill Sasuke, even though if she suceeded she believed Naruto would hate her.)

Sakura actually walked away on her mission to kill Sasuke thinking Naruto had deeper feelings for Sasuke than he had for her. (Look how Naruto is reacting to her words vs how he speaks of Sasuke to her. She even says in a calm but angry tone, "if you hate me just say so") This is why she looks so anguished when she is thinking "I'm sorry Naruto". She's doing this to protect Naruto but is feeling anguished because she believes she is going to kill the person Naruto loves most. Thus her stunned reaction not only to Naruto's rescuing her but his open physical/emotional tenderness to her immediately after- she looks up at him stunned and openly in love with him. It also brings her back into emotional balance- enough to even yell at Sasuke about how much Naruto cares for him and still defends him. She also gets a bit more about the emotional dynamic between Naruto and Sasuke- thus her thought about trusting the situation to work out well for Naruto and Sasuke, while at the same time having intense worry about Naruto's words about he and Sasuke dying if they fought again and if Sasuke didn't let his obsessive vengeance driven hatred for everything go.

It surprises me that so many people were confused by this arc and that even Kishimoto's explanations haven't cleared things up for some. Apparently, I'm part of a minority who wasn't in the least confused- I immediately got what Kishimoto was writing.

Perhaps he wrote it too realistically subtle. It really is a very deep psychological arc about types of emotional bonds, the power of the memory of those bonds, how romantic love happens and the power of the memory of it.

I absolutely adore that kind of writing- Ursula K. LeGuin is my favorite science-fiction and fantasy writer and her writing is completely driven on the psychological development of the characters, including developing feelings of love and it's consequences- my favorites are Very Far Away From Anywhere Else, Always Coming Home and the Beginning Place. I just realized the last has a theme with how Irene comes to love Hugh that has a vague similarity to Sakura's development in falling in love with Naruto. I read it at 14 and absolutely loved it. I still have the book- I reread so many times in my teens and 20's that it's falling apart. Thinking on this, perhaps it's not just my extensive reading manga and classic Japanese literature (also tending to be very heavy on the psychological, especially the 20th century Japanese classic literature) but great love of that psychological fantasy romance that I first read at 14, that made my instant understanding happen. It's a short novel if anyone is interested, and looks to been last reprinted in 2005.

http://www.amazon.co...ntt_at_ep_dpi_6

This is what the front cover looked like in the 1980 edition-
http://www.amazon.co...r...TF8&index=0

Irene is on the back cover of that edition and is kind of dressed like Red Riding Hood

Edited by ciardha, 02 April 2011 - 06:49 AM.

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#27 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 05:31 AM

Showing all the Jinchūrikis' was cool! tongue.gif Though, might I say the animation wasn't exactly the greatest. Hm. Anyway, I can't wait till next episode! :o Ain't it Sakura's confession? Whoo...

#28 Blazing CobaltX

Blazing CobaltX

Yuri Trainer on Fire

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Interests:Pokémon(OMFG, what am I doing here then?! ^^'), Phoenix Wright, Naruto(Ofc), and K-ON.

Other shizzle:
    Drawing(Which doesn't mean I'm good at it!), playing Pokémon(Ofc)(Which isn't possible anymore... TT_TT) and several other games, and some other things(Like watching anime, of course!).

Posted 02 April 2011 - 11:37 AM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Mar 31 2011, 05:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well obviously the next episode will be made by the NS supporters of the studio so it won't be ruined.

I thought it would be made bij the Anti-NS firma of Pierrot. Ah well, my fault. sleep.gif

I can't wait for the new OP! biggrin.gif

#29 lupina

lupina

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 12:23 PM

The only thing I am a little worried about ... why is Yamato so suprised of Sakuras confession?
I thought he might have noticed earlier (heaven and earth bridge) that Sakura has deep felings feelings for Naruto ...?
Because of the way she did? Maybe? ...
"We live in a world that is so quick to convince us to ignore our feelings. Feeling stressed? Get a massage. Feeling angry? Go to the bar with your friends and blow off steam. Feeling lonely? Meet someone in cyberspace and have a conversation on the computer. Depressed? Take a pill. Anxiety? Take 2 pills. Feeling happy? Well, by George, don’t talk about that because no one likes a bragger. Same with being sad, no one likes a Debbie Downer. But, heaven FORBID, that you actually TALK about your feelings and process them in a healthy way."

- Amy Cassidy

#30 Fox-And-Flower

Fox-And-Flower

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 03:09 PM

QUOTE (lupina @ Apr 2 2011, 12:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The only thing I am a little worried about ... why is Yamato so suprised of Sakuras confession?
I thought he might have noticed earlier (heaven and earth bridge) that Sakura has deep felings feelings for Naruto ...?
Because of the way she did? Maybe? ...

probably cause he thinks that its not exactly the right time, or maybe for the wrong reasons. I dont think its so much surprised at the fact that shes confessing, but more, her timing.

@ciardha:

great post. Sometimes i can get a little disapointed at whats going on, but i trust your judgement and outlook on things so it springs my moood up again, so thanks for that smile.gif

and i completely agree, though my personal opinion is that i dont think naruto knows shes "deeply in love with him" but more like he knows she cares a lot about him. I dont know why, but sometimes i feel like he's still in denial, lol.

#31 Torxe

Torxe

World's greatest critic <boragnarok>

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Games, PC, fora, terraria, Bo-karate, meditation

Posted 04 April 2011 - 06:55 AM

Liked the chapter; It's the first time i saw all the bijuu/jinchuuriki (other than the picture released before the six-tailed slug arc) don't know if they've showed them in the manga before.

about all the people saying the animation was bad => Have you guys downloaded the 720p *.mkv? Didn't notice any difference with last week and thought the animation was pretty good.

In support of the Sakura we once knew:

Sakura-killing-hinata-naruto-shippuuden-

#32 Akashi

Akashi

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 03:27 PM

QUOTE (Torxe @ Apr 4 2011, 09:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
about all the people saying the animation was bad => Have you guys downloaded the 720p *.mkv? Didn't notice any difference with last week and thought the animation was pretty good.

My hard drive is full + the internet is super slow righ now, so I don't feel like downloading this. I watched the ep in HQ, but didn't like the quality of animation, anyway. The animators could have done better. sleep.gif

#33 Master Sage

Master Sage

RASENGAN...... it never gets old

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 04:31 AM

I must say i also liked the parts when they showed of the other jinchuurikis. I have always been curious about all the other jinchuurikis. Infact it would be cool if Kishi had all of the the jinchuurikis to come back to life with there bijus. Then he can make a little arc about them traveling or going on a mission with Naruto. I say that would be epicness wink.gif

#34 Torxe

Torxe

World's greatest critic <boragnarok>

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Games, PC, fora, terraria, Bo-karate, meditation

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:44 AM

I must say i also liked the parts when they showed of the other jinchuurikis. I have always been curious about all the other jinchuurikis. Infact it would be cool if Kishi had all of the the jinchuurikis to come back to life with there bijus. Then he can make a little arc about them traveling or going on a mission with Naruto. I say that would be epicness wink.gif

Would like that too but is totally unrealistic. Bringing 6 people back to life plus sealing 7 bijuu\'s again what kind of plot twist would you need for that?
anyhow

Sakura\'s confession is today!!!

Edited by Torxe, 07 April 2011 - 06:46 AM.

In support of the Sakura we once knew:

Sakura-killing-hinata-naruto-shippuuden-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users