Flashchat is dead...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
52 replies to this topic

#1 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 09 February 2007 - 05:22 PM

...long live the new Live Chat. laugh.gif

For the past few days, we've been plotting to replace the FlashChat room with a new and remotely-hosted chatroom to help ease the burden on our server. It should also kick people out less frequently.

Simply click on the Live Chat link on the top of the board to try it out. biggrin.gif

I'm still working on showing the "Who's Chatting" list for it, and hopefully it will be done soon. happy.gif

Hopefully, this will be another good improvement to help make H&E a better place!

#2 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 05:32 PM

Looks pretty promising. :thumbs:

I find it a lot more intuitive.

#3 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 09 February 2007 - 05:49 PM

Some of the new features of the new chatroom is the ability to use sounds. For example:

/me Pimpette slaps Ramen *slap* biggrin.gif

By putting the *slap* in there, you hear a very convincing sound of me giving Ramen a much deserved smack from some pervy comment that he more than likely made biggrin.gif

Also the PM Windows are much bigger, and you can now use the /me option in there as well. Plus you can now see things like Sakura Blossoms is typing now too happy.gif

But don't just sit here, reading what I have to say about this awesome new chatroom...go try it out for yourselves! a_spaz.gif

#4 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 09 February 2007 - 05:52 PM

I've also added in new emoticons, so you can glomp each other to death in the new chatroom. tongue.gif

#5 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 09 February 2007 - 06:09 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Feb 9 2007, 12:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've also added in new emoticons, so you can glomp each other to death in the new chatroom. tongue.gif

Awesome Smitey! th_glomp.gif

There is also an 'Enlarge Window' option, so that the chatroom size can be increased to fill your entire screen happy.gif

#6 JoHamSandwich

JoHamSandwich

Professional Excrement Initiator.

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 07:20 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Feb 9 2007, 09:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...long live the new Live Chat. laugh.gif

For the past few days, we've been plotting to replace the FlashChat room with a new and remotely-hosted chatroom to help ease the burden on our server. It should also kick people out less frequently.

Simply click on the Live Chat link on the top of the board to try it out. biggrin.gif

I'm still working on showing the "Who's Chatting" list for it, and hopefully it will be done soon. happy.gif

Hopefully, this will be another good improvement to help make H&E a better place!

OOO! Very nice! Good Job, and welcome back, Hokage-sama the First! XD

Some of the new features of the new chatroom is the ability to use sounds. For example:

/me Pimpette slaps Ramen *slap* biggrin.gif

By putting the *slap* in there, you hear a very convincing sound of me giving Ramen a much deserved smack from some pervy comment that he more than likely made biggrin.gif

Also the PM Windows are much bigger, and you can now use the /me option in there as well. Plus you can now see things like Sakura Blossoms is typing now too happy.gif

But don't just sit here, reading what I have to say about this awesome new chatroom...go try it out for yourselves! a_spaz.gif

Ahh... the guys are going to get slapped. XD

#7 Naruto Uzumaki

Naruto Uzumaki

Shepard and Tali

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 07:29 PM

Ah, so thats why the chat was so dead yesterday XD
Prison gates won't open up for me
On these hands and knees I'm crawlin'
Oh, I reach for you
Well I'm terrified of these four walls
These iron bars can't hold my soul in
All I need is you
Come please I'm callin'
And oh I scream for you
Hurry I'm fallin', I'm fallin'

#8 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 07:44 PM

Ahh... the guys are going to get slapped. XD

Hehehe a_plotting.gif

And until the "Who's Chatting" feature comes online, you can still easily find out who is currently in the chatroom, by clicking on the Member button on the bottom of the main page. This will take you to the Viewing Online List page, and it will show you Chatting in live chat, for those members who are currently chatting in the chatroom happy.gif

Edited by Sakura Blossoms, 10 February 2007 - 02:43 AM.

#9 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 09 February 2007 - 09:16 PM

Ah, a new chat room, huh? With new features...

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#10 Lightside

Lightside

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:I like to hang with my peeps anddo ...stuff...

Posted 09 February 2007 - 09:20 PM

it dosent work...*sigh*
http://manga.clone-a...hp?page=1&lang= nana's life, the sequal/inspiration to elfen lied
http://www.stanford....codary/tkam.htm how to kill a moking bird!!!!

#11 GoNeKr@zY

GoNeKr@zY

Now THAT is a Flame War!!!

• ANBU
  • 1,276 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video games,Books, Sci Fiction, etc<br />And Fanfiction........ Loads and loads of Fanfiction.

Posted 09 February 2007 - 10:39 PM

Interesting indeed. I like the new "Live-chat" but i kinda miss the old "Kiss" skin made by Hinano.... Hope you guys integrate it back in somehow biggrin.gif

*blinks* Is it just me or does Smiter-sama's avatar have "Kage" under it ???? If im right.... WELCOME BACK SMITER-SAMA (as a Kage that is)!!!

#12 Wolf_Demon_Kunoichi13

Wolf_Demon_Kunoichi13

When you turn my way, You will see the way I see

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Interests:Reading;books,fan-fics,manga,listening to music,sleeping,watching AMVs,calling my friend short

Posted 09 February 2007 - 11:16 PM

uhm...I can't get on...
Stan: -says sometihng utterly stupid-
Me: . . . . Wow, I never thought I'd see something so stupid.....I kind awant to poke it.....but I don't know how sanitary that'd be....
Stan: yea...probably....

Me: -comes from lunch line and is about to put down lunch-
Leon (his nickname from me): Hi my darling! (or somthing to that likeness)
Me: o.o. . . . Uh.....Leon....?
Leon: Hahah~!!!
Me: -slowly sits down-

Note: Me and Leon are NOT dating, he's just overly flirty with every girl he sees

Me: -sitting in lunch doing homework-
Leon: -suddenly is sitting right next to me (as in, thigh next to thigh)-
Me: O.o? Leon...Why are you basically sitting on me?
Leon: Oh sill M-bear, I'm just sitting way to close to you, not ON you ^^
Me: ...O.o?

Me: -listening to iPod-
Michale: Hey, John, don't you agree that girls are way cuter when they're angry?
John: Yea, I guess
Me: -looks up- O.o.....
Michale: Oh, not you Maria, you're just scary as hell
Me: -shrugs and goes back to iPod

#13 Naruto Uzumaki

Naruto Uzumaki

Shepard and Tali

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 11:22 PM

For people who are trying to get on, if you dont have Java the chat wont work. If you cant find the button it's at the top where the old FC button used to be. As for not having Java, go here and download it http://www.java.com/.../windows_ie.jsp

EDIT

I just realized that some people probably would have gotten on FC in different ways. On the main page there is a bar right under the H&E logo with different options. One will be live chat, click on that to get in. If it doesnt work then just do what i described above.
Prison gates won't open up for me
On these hands and knees I'm crawlin'
Oh, I reach for you
Well I'm terrified of these four walls
These iron bars can't hold my soul in
All I need is you
Come please I'm callin'
And oh I scream for you
Hurry I'm fallin', I'm fallin'

#14 Ashley

Ashley

JUST KEEP MOVING FORWARD

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Otakus, Video games, It's a Trap!, Colorguard, Cartoons, Epic Fail Guy, Ace Attorney, Professor Layton, Ouendan, Vocaloid, drawing, Gainax, shojo, shounen, Evangelion, Gurren Lagann, pairings, anime figures(Otaku desires?), movies, Tegaki, South Park, Hikaru Utada, etc.

Posted 09 February 2007 - 11:39 PM

too bad Flash Chat was cancled.... :shamefulcry0js:
I am still pinky-ash

#15 puckreathof

puckreathof

The Old Lion grows weary...

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 12:09 AM

Well, I wholeheartedly approve of the new chat-room. Considering that it even looks like just another forum window, it's easier for me to hide it at work! tongue.gif

Seriously, thanks to all the Kages and Anbu who keep this place running as smoothly as possible. From a techie standpoint, Flashchat is a fairly brute-force method to accomplish chat capabilities, and somewhat inefficient, so with the knowledge that we're growing, and the chat's had issues, our great and benevolent ... Smiter and Co have made a move in the right direction to keep the chat and the rest of the board running smoothly.

So thank you. :thumbs: We appreciate your efforts.

#16 narusakulover2468

narusakulover2468

Shikamaru is smexy man beast!

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  • Interests:Band<br />Clarinets<br />Friends<br />Reading<br />Drawing<br />Missing my Best friend<br />Zero BD

Posted 10 February 2007 - 12:49 AM

I love it......except I don't know what to chose because I have a Vaio. :shamefulcry0js: Looks like my chatting days are over. -sobs-

deviantART- narusakulover2468
Gaia- NejiHinaLover12
My Harem- Shikamaru Nara (Naruto) l Kōki Kariya (The World Ends With You) l Karou and Hikaru (Ouran Host Club) l Edward Elric (F.M.A) l Kyo Sohma (Fruit Basket) l Hiro-chan Sohma (Fruit Basket) l Sohma Kisa (Fruit Basket) l Oliver Riggs (Amazing Agent Luna) l Kai (Blood+) l Kakeru Manabe (Fruits Basket)l Romeo (RomeoxJuliet) l Juliet (RomeoxJuliet) l Tybalt (RomeoxJuliet) l Ed (Cowboy Bebop)

#17 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 02:43 AM

I hear that there are already a couple people complaining about the current 'look' of the new chatroom mellow.gif

What you all need to understand is that we had to make a very serious choice, where it came to the old FlashChat system. It was hogging a lot of H&E's server space, and the server couldn't handle both the NaruSaku Boards, and FlashChat running at the same time. Especially during peak hours. That's why FlashChat had been lagging so badly lately, and why people kept on recieving those Internal Server Error messages. The server simply couldn't handle all of the traffic generated by both systems running at once anymore.

Something had to give.

It was either remove FlashChat completely from the site to create more server space...and I'm sure that you all wouldn't have wanted that mellow.gif

Or we might have had to shutdown H&E completely, because the two systems simply couldn't co-exist with each other anymore...and I'm very sure that none of you, would have wanted that to happen...right huh.gif

And finally, we had the choice to keep both Heaven and Earth on its current server, and still have a fully-functioning and fun chatroom, by moving it to a special 'chatrooms-only' server.

As you can see we immediately went with choice # 3...so we could have our cake and eat it as well biggrin.gif

So to those who were complaining about the 'looks' of the new chatroom, I'm going to have to ask you to please give us a little time. The system is still brand-new. We're still working on making sure that everything runs smoothly, for everyone who wants to use the new chatroom. We are doing our utmost best to get the chatroom to look, feel, and work as smoothly as the old one did, before all the server problems began.

So how about a little less complaining, and a little more love and encouragement, huh tongue.gif

The new chatroom really is very good, and we are currently working on giving it a more NaruSaku-ey look and feel happy.gif

So go ahead...give the new chatroom a try...I'm sure that once you try it out, and get used to the all the new controls and features, you'll come to love it as much as we (the Mods and Admin) do biggrin.gif

#18 ForgottenBushido

ForgottenBushido

The Pirate King.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • Interests:Animation, and Graphic design, Photoshop CS3/4, Drawing, Character design. Gaming, Movies, and Girls. &gt;:3 Verry much Girls.

Posted 10 February 2007 - 03:03 AM

Where the hell is it? lol

#19 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 10 February 2007 - 03:12 AM

I can't even go to the Livechat for some reason unknown reason and it was working fine by this morning. wth is happening?

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#20 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 10 February 2007 - 03:37 AM

What about those without Java? I can't download anything, anyone know where to download it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users