Welcome back

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

#1 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 03 February 2006 - 10:42 PM

It has taken some time and a lot of work, but the Heaven & Earth boards are now settled into their new home. happy.gif

I'm sure that everyone has noticed how empty the place looks. As I explained on the Offline Notice that some of you may have seen earlier, the posts database could not be transferred entirely due to the limitations of the SQL backup/export software. I could only save the first 15,000 posts, losing 30,000 in the process. sad.gif

I know a lot of you have posted topics that were lost, so I apologise for that. It really does hurt losing a year of discussions.

After discussion with the other mods and admins, it was decided that the old intact topics (up to end of Feb 2005, all others were corrupt could not be recovered) would be preserved in the Museum archive so we still have some history to read, and the normal forums would be wiped clean for fresh discussions without old topics cluttering up the place.

The important thing is that everyone is still here, and new posts can be made! It's the people who make these boards. It will take time to fill the forums up again, but it will happen. smile.gif

Let's see what's changed:

New Subforums

There have been a few adjustments made to the forums. The Naruto Anime and Manga forums now have new subforums dedicated to the latest releases! All chapter/episode discussions will be posted in those new subforums, leaving the way clear for more general discussions/debates in the normal forums. I hope that encourages more people to post more discussions not related to the very latest releases. happy.gif

The Naruto General forum also has its very own "Icha Icha NaruSaku" subforum! I thought it would be a good idea to have a place dedicated to pure homage to our favourite pairing. wink.gif You can also discuss pairing debates there.

New Flash Chatroom

You read it correctly. Because our new servers give us so much room for expansion on bandwidth and disk space, I can finally be able to install a new Chat Room for the boards! This was requested by the members some time ago, and agreed on by the mods, but was delayed because of bandwidth and hard disk space worries on the old server.

You can log into the FlashChat by clicking on the "FlashChat" link at the top of the page, and you will be logged in with your boards username!

Please remember, rules of conduct also apply to the Chat Room, so treat others with respect and do not use abusive language.

Fanfiction Submissions

I have decided that the Press Archive will be retired due to the huge loss of fanfictions. You can find it and any surviving fanfictions (again, up to Feb 2005) in the Museum.

We were planning to eventually switch fanfic submissions over to the Library, but the loss of posts has now hastened it. From now on, all fanfiction submissions should be uploaded to the Library.

And finally...

That's about it for now. Tonight, I will be recreating the rules topics. Of course, no rule topics doesn't mean you can do whatever you please while I'm trying to write them - the admins and mods remember the rules very clearly. XD

There will be reconstruction for other parts of the boards as well, which will take a little time but they will get done.

I hope that everyone here will view this new move as a fresh start for H+E. smile.gif We may have lost posts, but the most important thing is the people. A lot has been accomplished over the last month, and it would be a shame to let that momentum go to waste. This is a good opportunity for the H+E boards to become even better!

Thanks very much for reading, your patience, and your support. smile.gif

#2 M1abrams

M1abrams

The Colonel

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Interests:Anime and Airsoft, what else is there in life...oh yeah....RAMEN!!!!

Posted 03 February 2006 - 11:01 PM

My god...its so bare. Well, time to start from scratch and re-build...I'm back from sick leave baby and I am here to help with the re-build process.

Image by Andorea-chan, the greatest artist I know!

#3 Angel

Angel

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts
  • Interests:Music, Books, Video Games, Magic the Gathering, eating healthy and exercising.

Posted 03 February 2006 - 11:09 PM

wow...when I read that Some of the posts were missing...I didnt relize ALL of them were o.O
But its alright...hehe I least now i know I was here When it became this ^^ we better build it up

#4 Gaara

Gaara

Kazekage of this forum.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 11:25 PM

Hm, as long as I still have my post count. tongue.gif

#5 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 03 February 2006 - 11:30 PM

Yes, everyone's post count is still intact, Gaara. happy.gif Thankfully, they were stored seperately.

Thanks for your support, guys. smile.gif Yeah, it's a shock seeing the place so bare, but we'll just have to fill it all up again!

#6 Aaron Nowack

Aaron Nowack

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Feb 3 2006, 05:30 PM)
Yeah, it's a shock seeing the place so bare, but we'll just have to fill it all up again!

Well, I did my part. smile.gif

It's always a shame to lose history like that, but I'm sure that we'll have as many posts as before in no time at all.

#7 Hinano

Hinano

NaruSaku Lurker

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 11:50 PM

what about my pic? is that ever gonna be added as a skin? :o

#8 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 11:52 PM

It WILL be added as soon as possible, Hinano-chan! I've just had a lot to do, sorry about that. happy.gif;

#9 Dageoffant

Dageoffant

This sentence is false.

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 11:52 PM

Its so big an empty... GOTTA FILL IT UP! START POSTING!
May god have mercy on my enemies, because I shure as hell wont-General George S Patton.

#10 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 04 February 2006 - 12:23 AM

Nice to see everyone so supportive, and ready to fill the boards back up again ...you guys rock!! a_dance.gif

#11 Quixotic Novice

Quixotic Novice

'Arf' means there's a dog nearby! ^_^

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 03:06 AM

laugh.gif Of course we're supportive, Sakura-chan! happy.gif It's impossible for us to complain since we love the place. Oh well, the project season is about to end, so I'll have more time to post here biggrin.gif

#12 Phalanx

Phalanx

Zombie Phalanx

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • Interests:I have tons. Do I feel like listing them? Not particularily.<br /><br />...<br /><br />...<br /><br />...<br /><br />...

Posted 04 February 2006 - 03:07 AM

I came on earlier but it was down... So depressing.... On the other hand, at least the board is back up. We will not et this keep us down! Feel the flames of youth!!!

On the other hand, poor VoH....
404 Error: Signature Not Found

#13 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 03:25 AM

I went to the flashchat briefly, and noticed there were three chat rooms -- Hokage Monument, Hot Springs, and Training Grounds. Are those rooms set up for particular forms of conversation, or is it just a e want three different rooms, and here are some different names' type of thing?

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

#14 cherry_bubblegum

cherry_bubblegum

LeeTen! W00t!

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Interests:Anime, FFXII, anything Japanese(minus the food), drawing

Posted 04 February 2006 - 03:33 AM

I'm just glad it's back up!It's amazing how much I missed this browsingplace after only not having it for 1 day!Hurray for it being back up! biggrin.gif

#15 PeacefulPhoenix

PeacefulPhoenix

THE PANDACAPOLYPSE SHALL BE SWIFT AND FUZZY

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 03:47 AM

....truth be told, i spend most of my time either reading new mangas or on this site....and yesterday both sites were down, so i cried........: cracks knuckles : im preaty sure we can refill the boards, and besides, if we didn't, I'd end up bored!

On Anther Note: Uhhh....Smiter-sama, i hope you hurry up with the "Delete posts/Edit names of the Topic" stuff soon......

#16 Soritia

Soritia

Uchiha Obito Obsessor

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,212 posts
  • Interests:This should be obvious...

Posted 04 February 2006 - 06:07 AM

This is awesome, Smiter-kun! a_dance.gif Thank you for all the hard work you put into it! H&E v.2 is rocking!

#17 Eagle8819

Eagle8819

Nostalgic Dreamer

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • Location:The other side of the screen, giving fresh meat the scare of their life. :)

Posted 04 February 2006 - 06:15 AM

QUOTE (Unknown-Warrior1223 @ Feb 4 2006, 11:47 AM)
On Anther Note: Uhhh....Smiter-sama, i hope you hurry up with the "Delete posts/Edit names of the Topic" stuff soon......

Hm. That's weird. I will take a look at it, since Smiter's not around.

Edit: Fixed. happy.gif
Edit2: All groups fixed. Delete posts and edit topic descriptions command should be available for everyone.

Edited by Eagle8819, 04 February 2006 - 06:23 AM.

#18 Quixotic Novice

Quixotic Novice

'Arf' means there's a dog nearby! ^_^

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 04:18 PM

Hah, good to know smile.gif

Although, I would like to raise another question which desaix asked earlier: are those rooms set up for different kinds of conversation?

This is awesome, Smiter-kun!  Thank you for all the hard work you put into it! H&E v.2 is rocking!

Couldn't be any more true! happy.gif

#19 Pocky-chan

Pocky-chan

Cavelady from 2005 or something

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts
  • Interests:William Riker and his beard

Posted 04 February 2006 - 06:55 PM

Weeeeee!!!! a_spaz.gif I feel like I should spazz out for the new improvement here, you guys rock for making so much room! though I do feel bare...nah could be my imagination! I wonder what the rules will be...I haven't seen it yet...

#20 Ani

Ani

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,058 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 07:57 PM

More room is good. Start from scratch and build a whole new community. We just have to work on it. happy.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users