• 2,015 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 12:59 AM

Bwahaha... the riot chapter. Can't read atm, 2am tongue.gif

#22 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 05 October 2004 - 08:00 AM

Thanks for posting that arc back up! happy.gif We're getting close to where we left off... can't wait. wink.gif

#23 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 03:06 PM

=Chapter 24=
In the forests of Konohagakure Village, I often find myself finding the most interesting colleagues to talk with. If you are wondering who I am, my name is Shino Aburame. My father and mother are part of the famed Aburame Clan. My father is a Jounin, and my mother is one as well. Father told me once to look at the world with open eyes. I didn't really take his advice until I was a Genin, and with that, a new ability opened to me, something rare in our clan; the ability to communicate with insects near us for 20 square miles. It hurt at first, but I have since worked with this to make sure I can handle it. Most of all now, I follow a new set of rules, to go in fighting and watch my teammates' backs. I am a part of a team known as the Dirty Dozen. We are different from how the world views Shinobi. We are said to not shed tears, to keep our hearts closed, but we are different from that... we just wish to make sure we do the mission right, and that no one gets killed.

Shino had his eyes closed as several insects, bees and hornets to be accurate, floated around him slowly, concentrating while he worked on his skills of communication with other insects. Shino's Destruction Bugs began to talk with the bees and hornets, while Shino listened. He smiled as he listened still then said "Having a good conversation, guys?" While listening, Shino nodded. "That's good, that's good."

The insects all have different ideals, but they still make for some good conversation since they do so many different things moreso than humans have done. I find them to be handy allies, when the time is needed for them to come forth. I have not done it yet, but I have gotten ready to call when it is right. My father told me that I am good with that, to trust others, for to make a good team, trust is the most important thing. That, the Dirty Dozen seems to have plenty of at times, even if we all are so different.

But then I saw one of my father's Destruction Bugs, and it landed onto my shoulder, telling me that something happened. I then took off as fast as I could. When I got there, I noticed there was quite a scene there at home.

"Father, what is going on?"
"It's not good, Shino." Shino's father, Hinoki, said, sighing. "We do not know all the details, but... I heard some screams. I was told by your uncle that it was Suki. She was taken for some reason. I don't know why yet, but..."

Suki was only 7 years old, and I had a personal matter in this. She was rather close to me, like a sister. So with that said by my father, I took off as fast as I could, contacting the insects nearby to find anything I can about Suki's kidnappers. Some ants nearby immediately tell me about Suki being taken while she was playing. It was quick, and it was unexpected. Uncle Senbei couldn't even tell when it occured. But me, I was on the hunt now, to find who took my cousin, and make them pay.

I had made a communication with some of the ants in the area, to see if they saw Suki. Describing her, she had black hair, usually in pigtails, and she had on a blue dress with no shoes. The ants gave me some idea of where they mighta seen a girl. So I followed their lead, racing along the trees to try and find my cousin. I wasn't going to let whoever took Suki get away from me. Not when I had a bit of a trail to go on.

In another part of Konohagakure Village, the young Suki was tied up and a Missing-Nin, Nukenin, formerly from Konoha itself, looked at Suki, smiling as he said "You know, little girl, you are lucky. I don't want to kill you, just study the secrets to the Aburame Clan's Advanced Bloodline, or Kekkei Genkai. That is all I want. Nothing more. You should realize I'm not here to hurt you... just keep you here until I get what I want... nothing more."

"You, you won't keep me here long... someone I know is going to come and get me... you should know this." Suki said, sniffling a bit.

"Heh. Trust me, I don't know how anyone could find us, because they are not going to get far."
Suddenly, a buzzing was heard by the Nukenin as then, crashing through the windows were thousands of bees and beetles and many more insects. The insects quickly swarmed around the Nukenin as then, Shino leapt through and rushed to Suki, getting her free, and then carrying her out of there. He ran as fast as he could.

Once I grabbed Suki, I gave her the warm smile that assured her I would get her safely home. Out of all my family, she knew my new gift first, since she had given me a good reason to fight... to make the world a better place for her. That Nukenin looked familiar to me... I believe his name was Kobayashi. He had left 3 years prior to this, and we didn't see him for a time. My guess is he wanted the secrets of our clan's Kekkei Genkai. Luckily, I got Suki away from there before he had a chance to get to get it from her! But...

Shino stopped and got hit hard, as he then dropped Suki. His eyes widened under his sunglasses as he then had some of the ants nearby catch Suki and soften her landing. He landed in a tree and looked about until he heard Kobayashi say "You had to interfere, didn't you, Shino?"

"Sorry, Kobayashi-san, but I refuse to let you harm a hair on my cousin!" Shino replied as some bees came at Kobayashi. Kobayashi ran up a tree, then turned in mid-air and slashed past the bees, but then more came and stung Kobayashi all over, causing him to drop the kunai he had in hand.

At this moment, I was more pissed off than ever. If there was one thing you never did was mess with my family! That was a big no-no, and I was mad at Kobayashi for taking Suki. So... I was ready to deal him what he deserved.

"Argh.... GAAAAHHH!!!" Kobayashi began to twitch as Shino walked to him, picking up the kunai, twirling it as he pulled his arm back, a kunai tightly in his hand as Shino was tempeted to kill him. Shino then thrusted at Kobayashi as Suki said "STOP!!!!" and suddenly, Shino paused and looked at her. "Suki..."
"Shino, please don't kill him... he isn't the kind of person who is worth it... he just doesn't deserve it... and you don't want to do it in front of me... despite how angry you are..." Suki began to cry as Shino looked saddened also. He then dropped the kunai and said one simple thing to Kobayashi... "Get out of my sight before I kill you."

Kobayashi got up slowly, then began to run as fast as he can as Shino walked to Suki as he picked her up, smiled as then his insect friends wrapped around him, and both disappeared.

After the incident with Kobayashi, I explained all that occured to Tsunade-sama... and she understood that I was trying to protect my family. That is just it... nowadays, I forget I have two families... my real one, and the one I have found with the Dirty Dozen. Each of them have their own traits and personalities, and I think that is why I consider them to be my family. I am just glad Suki is safe... and I am doing the one thing I always love to do with her... and that is play a game of catch, as well as talking to the bug collection I have made while she is around. People say bugs don't have any feelings whatsoever, that they are also expendable. That's not completely true, since I know how bugs really work, and I have grown to like them, because they have interesting conversations and such.

Now, I can keep an eye on all the people I care for, since I have millions of eyes to command with my new ability. I can link with several bugs at once and have spies all over, as well as communicate with them, and use them to help me in battle. So now, I am a more efficient member of the Dirty Dozen than before. Now, I can also protect Konoha with the help of my bugs... and my friends.

=Chapter 25=
In the woods, near the mountains of Konoha, Sasuke was in the midst of working on a new technique... something to make up for some wrongs in his past... He had his eyes closed, then opened them, thus revealing his new 3-Dot Sharingan to the world. He had discovered it 3 days ago, and surmised that with his Curse Seal gone, his developement could advance normally. He then began to form hand seals needed for the Chidori, his right arm out in front of him as chakra crackled around his right hand.

Following that up, he concentrated, gritting his teeth, as he began to imagine forming the chakra into a ball of some kind. He gritted his teeth as the chakra crackled, forming into the shape he desired... as he held on as long as he could. He then cried out as a big blast fromt he chakra smashed him hard and sent him flying, slamming along the ground, creating a massive line in the Earth. He groaned, trying to get up, but cried out, looking at his right arm, to see his bandage was blackened, as was his whole arm.

Gritting his teeth, Sasuke tried to get up, but found himself slowly dozing off as he said "Dam... mit..." He passed out, groaning from the pain.

However, in another part of the woods, Hinata herself was training, when she heard the explosion. Turning around slowly, she saw birds fly into the air, and began to rush to it. When she arrived, she gasped when she saw Sasuke, laying unconscuous. Some of the medicinal herbs she had were the first thing Hinata grabbed, as well as some wrapping as she rushed to Sasuke's side, biting on the leaves, chewing them up, then gently applying them to the bandage as she began to carefully wrap up Sasuke's blackened right arm. She then thought 'Sasuke-kun... what could make you work so hard to nearly burn your own arm off?'
Groaning in pain, Sasuke's closed eyes tightened, and his teeth began to grit. He then opened his eyes and looked over in surprise. "Hi-hinata...?"

"Take it easy, Sasuke-kun. You hurt your arm badly..." Hinata said softly, smiling, then she blushed when she remembered when Sasuke had said she was like a diamond in the rough. Sitting up slowly, Sasuke smiled a bit as he said "Thank you, Hinata... for wrapping up my arm again..."
"S-sasuke-kun, I'm curious. What were you doing out here?"
Sasuke exhaled, looking at his arm. "Training... to make up for the past."
Hinata looked at him and sat by his side and said "The past? You, you mean when you had left Konoha?"

"Yeah. I wanted to go to Orochimaru for power... because I was scared since Naruto was surpassing me in terms of power so greatly and quickly, where as I felt weak. I just wanted the power to kill my brother, Itachi. I'm sure you've heard of how prestigous he was. How great.. but I found out Naruto didn't want me to do so... he brought me back... and this is where this story of our rivalry really begins, beyond the days at the Academy... to now."

4 years ago, after Naruto and his colleagues made it back, some barely with others... Sasuke was now in his room at Konoha Hospital, guarded by several Jounins. There was one reason Tsunade had Jounins around the hospital and Sasuke's room... it was to make sure he wouldn't try to escape and go to Orochimaru. He remained in his bed, unconscious, no visitors whatsoever, just doctors and the Jounins guarding him. While laying unconscious in the hospital, his forehead wrapped up in bandages due to the scar Naruto gave him earlier, he had looked back to the day Itachi, his older brother, killed all of the other members of the Uchiha Clan save for themselves... it was about 5 years ago prior to that day...

"No... you cannot be my brother... because..."
"The brother whom you wanted to spend time with has done this...to ascertain your capacity... I continued acting as the older brother you desired, and I became your friend to see if that potential lies hidden within you. You found me disagreeable and hated me. You continued wanting to surpass me. Because of that I will let you live... for my sake. You can achieve and awaken the Mangekyou Sharingan, like I have... however, there is a requirement. You must kill... your closest friend."

Itachi's words came back to Sasuke while he lied unconscious. He began to turn, remembering of the power that the Mangekyou Sharingan had. He then opened his eyes, sitting up slowly. He got up out of his bed, taking his bandage off, the scar on his forehead burning from the power of his Curse Seal. He then said "Kill my closest friend... Naruto... I will do this for 2 reasons... to get the same eye as my brother... and to make you pay.."

He walked to his door, the black fire-like marks of his Curse Seal coming over his body. He then kicked the door in heavily, as dark purple chakra surrounded his form. The Jounins guarding his door turned, seeing Sasuke walk forward. One tried to stop him, but he grabbed the Jounin by his throat, and snapped his neck, tossing his lifeless body into the others as he then punched a window in and took off as fast as he could, a set desire in mind.

Naruto himself was out training in the woods, working with his shurikens and kunais. He then heard a sound, like running. He turned and then gulped. He heard a loud THUD. He turned and said "Sasuke..? What the hell...??"
'Is this that Curse Seal Sakura-chan talked about...?' Naruto thought. Sasuke's eyes began to glow a kind of red as he opened his Sharingan. "I... will kill you." Sasuke then dashed at Naruto and kicked him hard in the gut. Naruto coughed up some blood and got sent flying through several trees, eventually skidding on the ground, groaning in pain.
Naruto saw Sasuke leaping up and slamming his fist into the ground, where Naruto would have been if the blonde Genin hadn't moved. Naruto panted and then said "What the hell is with you, Sasuke!? Why do you want to kill me!?"

"Simple. I will gain that power... because deep down, Naruto, you have become my closest friend..." Sasuke said, his eyes glowing as he charged at Naruto, turning to kick him. With quick timing, Naruto barely blocked Sasuke's attack and skidded back some as he dodged his companion's attacks, until Sasuke nailed Naruto twice, with two punches, the last one sending him flying, since Sasuke was relying heavily on his Curse Seal. Naruto soon crashed through the roof of a home in the village, groaning as he laid in the rubble, some blood down his lip as he thought 'Sasuke... you really are hell-bent on killing me, huh? Why? Has all we've been through been worthless to you!? Everything you, me, and Sakura-chan went through as Team 7!?'

Sasuke then appeared near the hole of the roof, gazing down with a stern look, then a grin as his body began to violently glow with chakra, as he said "I told you I will kill you, Naruto... but I will not give you a chance to use that Jutsu... and no one is going to interfere. No Kakashi, no worthless Sakura, no one... and I will then finally have surpassed you in power..."

In the present, Sasuke looked sickened at his own old words as Hinata said "Sasuke-kun..."
"It was one of those times where I was driven by my desire to get power like Naruto had, Hinata. I didn't care how I got it, as long as I got it, nothing more, nothing less. But... it's not done. Not yet..."

Reminiscing again of 4 years past, Sasuke had leapt down, grabbing Naruto by the throat, beginning to squeeze as he then punched Naruto hard, smashing him through the glass window. Naruto hit the ground, groaning as he yanked some of the glass that was embedded in his back. He pulled out the chakra and tossed it down, his wounds healing. He then got up and said "Well... if you want to go seriously want to go at me like this, Sasuke, then I'll come at you head-on!" Naruto quickly did hand seals and said "Art of the Shadow Doppleganger!" Naruto quickly created 5 Shadow Dopplegangers near him, all of them pulling out kunais. Suddenly, some of the villagers came out and saw Sasuke charging at Naruto, doing some hand seals quickly. With that, Sasuke shot multiple fireballs at him, thinking the attack he was using "Fire-Style! Art of the Phoenix Flower... The Touch-Me-Not!!!"

Naruto and his Dopplegangers saw some of the fireballs were not just going for them, but for the villagers. With a glare in his eyes, Naruto said "Guys, go!" He and his Dopplegangers then moved forward, blocking the fireballs with their kunais, but then Sasuke came at the real Naruto and hit him in the jaw with a roundhouse kick, slamming him along the ground. Naruto got up as his Dopplegangers leapt up and all attacked Sasuke. But then, Sasuke blocked the Narutos' attacks and cried out, blasting them all to smoke with just his chakra, intensfied ten-fold because of his Curse Seal powering up his chakra amount, but depleting it much more quickly than usual, since it pulled it out faster...

Naruto panted as he got up, wiping his blood away. Sasuke walked along the dirt road slowly, then said "It matters not if anyone else is a casualty of this, Naruto... I will kill you today, and gain that power my brother has. No matter how far into darkness I go, I will obtain power to kill Itachi."
"And like I said, Sasuke, you're just like him if you do something like that! You'd be selling your soul, and for what!? All you'd have left is a path of hatred once you killed that guy!" Naruto shouted in return.

"What could you understand about me? You never had anyone..."
"And you had everyone, Sasuke. I always envied you... because you had the talent, the prowes... everyone always noticing you once your family died. I felt you and I coulda been friends because of our loneliness. But I felt I had to beat you to get some acknowledgement from you. And if this is what you wanna do, all I'm gonna do is beat you senselessly!"

"If you can." Sasuke simply said, charging at Naruto and punched at him. Naruto barely blocked it, and already he was skidding back along the ground as the villagers all murmured while watching the fight. Sasuke quickly moved his arm, twisted and raised his right foot, smashing Naruto up into the air, kicking him in the chin. He then followed that up by using the Shadow of the Dancing Leaf or the Leaf Shadow Dance. He then punched and kicked Naruto violently, then twisted in mid-air, smashing his left hand deep into Naruto's gut, grabbed his jacket, then slammed his colleague hard into the roof nearby.

Naruto laid there and groaned, getting up as he wiped his lip and said "You're dead serious..."
"Of course I am, Naruto. When I set my mind on something, I never stop. Why don't you just surrender and let me put you out of your misery? It'll be fast... and brief."
Naruto shook his head. "Sorry, man. I won't. I told Ibiki during the Chuunin Exam not to underestimate me, and I don't quit and I won't run. And that goes for here..."

"Stubborn to the end... very well." Sasuke then charged at Naruto, but suddenly, Kakashi appeared and grabbed Sasuke's arm. "That's enough, Sasuke."
"Sensei! Out of my way now."
"No. You must stop this... this is nothing more than pointless."

Sasuke then quickly grabbed Kakashi by his throat and squeezed tightly. "Not to me, Sensei. I told you, you do not understand me, so stop being so naive!" Sasuke then threw Kakashi straight at the ground. The Jounin didn't have any time to turn, but when he did, he slammed hard into the ground, breaking his right arm due to the way he landed.

Naruto tried to leap down to help Kakashi but Sasuke then kicked Naruto in the gut to stop him. "Don't you dare run away from this, Naruto."
Naruto panted as he was on one knee, while Sasuke smiled, crossing his arms. "Where is it? Where's that power you had when you faced Gaara, Naruto? I want to see that power... now... ku ku ku ku kuu..."

"Well... you don't seem to get how I got that power..." Naruto pushed himself up, smiling. "And if you don't wanna listen, there's no point in telling you."
Sasuke twitched at that and glared at his rival and said "How dare you lecture me, you loser!"
"I am not lecturing. I am saying the truth. You don't wanna listen, so you are not gonna get it outta me."

Quickly, Kakashi got up and groaned, his visible eye closed. 'Dammit... my arm is broken... that impact might have sprained my left ankle too...'
"Sensei Kakashi!!!"
Kakashi blinked and turned when he said "Sakura..."

"What is with Sasuke-kun and Naruto? Why are they fighting again...?" Sakura asked, holding her clenched right hand over her heart some.
"I don't know, Sakura... but we cannot stop them... not when they are like this." Kakashi replied, groaning still from his broken arm.

Naruto then saw something bad, as Sasuke smiled. "To get the power I desire, I must kill you, my closest friend, and then I will kill Itachi, and anyone ele in my way." Sasuke followed his words up by forming some hand seals. Naruto knew what was coming as he said "Alright, then I'm gonna beat you senselessly til the old you comes out!"

Naruto used Art of the Shadow Doppleganger, then had his Doppleganger help him with the hand rotations needed for the Rasengan. Naruto then held the chakra as he said "This Rasengan of mine has all of my passion in it, and my desire to get you to wake up!" The Shadow Doppleganger grabbed Naruto and he began to swing him around. Naruto then was thrusted forward, running as fast as Sasuke was. Both came at each other intensely... both ready to begin.

Naruto pulled his hand back and said "RASENGAN!!!"
Sasuke pulled his own hand back, chakra sparking like electricity around it as he shouted "CHIDORI!!!"
Both attacks collided in mid-air, creating a massive blast of chakra in mid-point, where Naruto gritted his teeth as did Sasuke. Sasuke did have the advantage due to his Curse Seal as Naruto said "You make me sick right now, relying on that damned Curse Seal Orochimaru gave you, Sasuke! How low will you go, just for something as pitiful as revenge!?"

"Huh?! How do you know about the Curse Seal, Naruto!? HOW!?!" Sasuke shouted, as both attacks remained equal.
"Sakura-chan told me after we fought! She was worried sick about you, and I respect her for telling me!" Naruto said.

"That b*tch... I'll make her pay once I've killed you." Sasuke and Naruto's attacks continued to collide in mid-air. Naruto twitched at what Sasuke said and gritted his teeth, his hair standing on end. "I WILL NOT LET YOU TOUCH HER!!!" Suddenly, a surge of Naruto's blue chakra came forth slowly, as some of Sasuke's dark chakra wrapped around him, both crying out as a massive explosion sent them both flying back.

Sasuke groaned a bit, and got up, seeing Naruto was up first, blue chakra forming around him. Sasuke's Sharingan shrunk back as he realized that this was just how Naruto was when Gaara had trapped Sakura in his sand. Naruto clenched his fist, took a fighting stance, then charged, punching Sasuke in the gut then hitting him in the face with his left fist, the same one he punched Sasuke in the gut with, finishing up with his right, hitting Sasuke hard to the ground as Naruto grabbed him, kneeing him a few times, then kicked his friend hard in the face, sending him to the ground.

Naruto then felt his blue chakra die down as he panted a bit, saying "You and Sakura-chan mean a lot to me, Sasuke... I don't really want to fight you... I am only fighting you 'cause you wanna kill me! All this is is self defense... nothing more..."

Sasuke got up and glared. "That same kind of chakra... just like when Gaara nearly killed Sakura. Well, I cannot let that go on... I will need to take it up a notch." Sasuke gritted his teeth, crying out as his chakra wrapped around. Naruto looked on in surprise as the chakra disappeared, and Sasuke now had longer white hair, his whole skin was pitch black... but his lips were purple in tint, his eyes were red, blood red, and he smiled, his body more demonic in a sense, especially given the demon wings he had..
"I didn't think I would go this far... but now, Naruto.. it's over... I will kill you, then gain more power needed to kill my brother. I will not let even you or Sensei Kakashi or Sakura stand in my way!"

Looking on, Naruto had a sense of dread in his face as he knew, if he couldn't figure something out, he would be dead... and he remembered he couldn't die yet... not until he made his dream of becoming Hokage a reality. But unless he stopped the current obstacle in his path, he wouldn't reach that dream, or even live long enough to see that!

=Chapter 26=
Naruto looked on and said "This is... that form I saw before you went running!"
"Exactly. That day you found me again... I was getting an 'upgrade' so to speak, Naruto. If you thought my Curse Seal was nasty, wait til you see how powerful I am at Curse Seal 2. Because it will be the last thing you ever see." Sasuke then moved so fast Naruto couldn't keep up with him. Sasuke smirked then punched Naruto harder in the gut, causing his teammate to cough up some blood which splattered onto Sasuke's arm. Sasuke moved his arm then kicked Naruto, grabbing him quickly, dropping him then punching him rapidly with blinding speed! Naruto tried to block, but cried out as he did, getting hit from all sides and corners, his body bruised as he then got kicked hard, slamming into a wall, then leaning forward some, coughing up blood... his arms drooping.

Sakura covered her mouth with her hands as she looked in shock. Kakashi groaned as he said "Damn... at this rate, either one is going to get killed, and I can't do a damn thing because of my arm... and I think my ankle decided to join my arm."
Smirking, Sasuke landed down and walked up to Naruto, grabbing him by the throat, and yanking him from the wall his body was embedded into.

Holding up Naruto still by the throat, Sasuke smiled, his left hand sparking with chakra. Kakashi's visible eye shrunk back with horror, knowing what Sasuke had intended with that as he said "Sasuke, what the hell are you doing!? That kind of a Chidori is too much! YOU'LL KILL NARUTO!!"
"Quiet, old man! I am using this move how I want! I told you once that you don't know a thing about me, so unless you want me to redirect the Chidori at you... BACK OFF!!! I already know you couldn't block it, not when both your right ankle and arm are broken..."

Sasuke smirked as he tightened his grip on Naruto's throat... any tighter, and he'd snap it like a twig. But at the time, that was not his agenda. His agenda right now was to use the Chidori and pierce Naruto's heart, ending his life. He began to move his hand with the charging chakra, smirking evilly.

"Sasuke-kun, please don't do this! Why are you trying to kill Naruto!? I want to know this! WHY!?" Sakura asked, her hands held in front of her. "Please... tell us why..."
"It's none of your concern, Sakura. Besides, isn't this what you wanted? To see Naruto die? To watch him die just because you couldn't stand him? Because he got in your way? Well, I am just giving you what you want... "

Sakura began to look down, ashamed at times that she wanted Naruto to die, and now... she couldn't bare to see it as she turned away, eyes closed, her whole body shaking as Sasuke charged his Chidori, pulled his arm back and said "DIE!!! NARUTO!!!" Suddenly, Naruto's eyes shot up and he moved his body, his shoulder impaled by the Chidori as he cried out in agony from the attack piercing his shoulder!

Kakashi and Sakura both said "Naruto!!!" as most of the observing villagers gasped in shock. Naruto coughed up some blood as Sasuke scoffed, ripping his pitch black arm from Naruto's shoulder, his wrist covered in the blood of his injured teammate. Naruto tried to breath, but his breathing was more of a wheezing sound than the normal inhaling and exhaling... indicating a bad sign.

"How ridiculous, to think you could try to dodge the Chidori. Its' damage has been done though. Since I can tell by your breathing that one of your lungs must have been injured... as well as the fact you can no longer do that Jutsu of yours since your right arm must be immobilized. It is too bad I cannot do a third Chidori or else I would use it while you are under like you are. I told you once you couldn't beat me, so why don't you just give up and let me finish you?" Sasuke then used his left hand and grabbed onto Naruto's throat along with his right, beginning to squeeze, preparing to suffocate Naruto, smirking, still in Curse Seal Level 2 form.

Then, Naruto's body began to move a moment, the sound of a beating heart pounding. Sasuke then looked in surprise as Naruto's hands came up and grabbed his wrists, squeezing so tightly that Sasuke's wrists could have been broken. Naruto then pulled Sasuke's hands back, and his eyes began to become more feral as he gritted his teeth and said "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE ME!! I DON'T QUIT... AND I WON'T RUN!!!" Naruto quickly hit Sasuke hard with a headbutt as his chakra began to violently erupt, the orange chakra coming out, as well as parts of the blue charka he possessed normally... forming sparks of a light purple as he then snarled, his shoulder healing up as well as his internal injuries... the chakra also wrapped around his body, forming then, once the mix of chakras was done, into a darker purple.

Sasuke glared and said "What the hell are you, Naruto Uzumaki...? Why won't you die!?"
"Simple. Until I become Hokage..." Naruto charged, appearing by Sasuke's side, continuing what he said. "I refuse to die."
Slowly, the raven-haired Uchiha turned as Naruto turned and punched him hard in the side of the face, sending him flying. Sasuke quickly recovered, then grabbed the roof as Naruto came up from the air, diving as Sasuke quickly did hand seals and shouted "Fire-Style! BLAZE OF GLORY!!" A strong stream of fire came at Naruto, but with Kyuubi's orange power infused in Naruto's body, he roared loudly, the stream of fire dissipating as Naruto then kicked Sasuke in the gut hard. Sasuke cried out, coughing some blood from the impact as Sasuke then cried out, pushing Naruto back.

Everyone watching was in awe as both fighters leapt back. Naruto then channeled some of his chakra into his fist as he charged. Sasuke followed with the same, both exploding at each other ratheri intensely, pulling their fists back as they punched each other hard. Naruto groaned at the impact as did Sasuke, both falling backwards, their chakra dissipating, as Naruto became less feral... and Sasuke's Curse Seal Level 2 dispersed from the fight. Everyone who observed the fight began to slowly walk over to the competitors, thus realizing they were out cold. And the violent fight was over...

Hinata looked at Sasuke, saying "I, I never knew about that fight.. how come..?"
"You guys weren't meant to know yet. I myself now looking on it with a clearer mind than I had a few weeks ago... I feel ashamed for what I did during that battle. The battle itself was an intense one, and once I was found again, I was placed into the hospital for recovery... and then when the Dozen was formed, Tsunade-sama said if I joined, I would be exonerated from all I did. So I expected out of bitter resentment... but in the last 3 weeks, I've come to like actually doing what I did. To tell you the truth... I didn't understand why anyone of you would still try to be my companion..."

Hinata then did something a bit unexpected as she hugged Sasuke. Looking at her innocent face in surprise, Sasuke blinked and said "Hi-hinata..."
"Sasuke-kun, to us, your past means nothing. Just what you do for us is more important than anything else, and you have done plenty of good with the Dozen, as you must know... and besides... I think you are just as good as Naruto-kun if you have any self-doubts in yourself. And you two are of the few boys besides Brother Neji who've ever complimented me... I was still a little surprised when you had said I was a diamond in the rough."

Sasuke smiled a bit then said "You are though. I mean, I've noticed it for the last 2 years that you were one from what I saw of you in action. I just was not being able to say it 'cause of how I was..."
HInata smiled at that then did another unexpected thing, giving Sasuke a kiss on the cheek. Sasuke blinked, and blushed a bit as Hinata giggled then stood up. "Well... your arm should have healed by now. Those herbs I rubbed on it are fast acting. 25 minutes should be enough time."

"It's been 25 minutes?" Sasuke exhaled. "Alright." He grabbed the wrapping on his arm, slowly unwrapping it carefully, almost hesitantly, but once part of the wrapping came off... he exhaled cooly, then got the rest of the wrapping off, and looked at his hand as he began to move the fingers slowly then closed his fist, and smiled.

"Thanks... for listening to me, and just being here, Hinata. I... really appreciate it." Sasuke replied, a smile on his face.
Hinata blushed at that, then shyly pressed the tips of her index fingers together and said "You're very welcome..."
Sasuke then began to focus his chakra, smiling as he said "If you want to watch me work on my new technique, give me some pointers, I could at this point use a friend."

Hinata smiled then nodded as Sasuke pulled his right arm back, his chakra beginning to spark as he focused, trying to form the chakra into a sphere in his hand. Hinata looked in awe, while Sasuke continued to grit, focusing as he then grasped the ball he had formed from his own electrifying chakra. He then continued to keep his focus as he leapt forward and shouted "THUNDER CLAP!!!!" He then smashed the ball right into the tree, gritting his teeth as the chakra dessipated. He then gazed at his hand. "I almost have it... I can just feel it. I just... What do I need?"

Hinata rested a hand on his own. "It will come to you, Sasuke-kun... I can feel it... just keep working with it. I am sure you will get it."
Sasuke looked at her, smiling softly as he said "Thank you... Hinata." He then stood up, shook his hand, giving Hinata some room to step back, as he began to work on it again. He gritted his teeth, channeling his chakra as he knew very well that his quest to make himself a new signature technique, one to match the Rasengan, was well under way...

=Chapter 27=
Sasuke was still working with his Thunder Clap, remembering the impact the first one made on the tree, having burnt the bark. He was now working on his second Thunder Clap. Since it was different from the Chidori, Sasuke had to keep a different kind of focus. It was meant to create a massive crash against an opponent's body, rather than go straightforward to kill them. But it was such a strong attack, which could grow in intensity, where as the Chidori was quick and fast, like lightning, hence its' alternate name of Lightning Blade. Sasuke clenched his fist, then opened it as the chakra he used to form the Thunder Clap successfully charged. He carefully grasped it in both hands, turned and shouted "THUNDER CLAP!!!", thus smashing the ball with both hands around it, hoping to make a bigger impact than last time! The ball of chakra smashed its' destinated target, and then exploded, blowing Sasuke back as he hit the ground. Luckily enough, Hinata rushed over to him, kneeled down and said "Perhaps, a break is in order?"

"Ye-yeah. A break sounds pretty good right now. Maybe we should go for ramen..." Sasuke slowly got up as Hinata giggled. He looked and blinked. "Huh? What's so funny?"

"Well, Sasuke-kun, I guess seeing you working so hard, it reminds me a bit of Naruto-kun. Seeing you failing from time to time at this, then seeing you get up, it's just amazing. And it makes me realize you are not as perfect as your training perceives you as, and let us not forget your heritage. I myself have tried to change myself, like you have... and I hope I've succeeded."

Sasuke nodded as the two began to walk, his hands in his pockets. "Hey, you seemed kinda mousy to me when I first saw you a few years ago. But I mean, what has made you want to change? Myself... kind of a self-imposed quest for redemption for my actions years ago..."
"I... I want to change. I want to show everyone I am not this squeaky, shy girl who's weak. I..."
Sasuke smiled as he said "I get it, Hinata. I really do.."

Hinata stopped speaking at that, then smiled a bit, a slight blush on her face. She stopped a moment and looked on at Sasuke as she then remembered seeing Naruto and Sakura the other day, the two talking, laughing, and enjoying themselves. Deep down it hurt her on the inside, maybe because she felt she should have told Naruto how she felt, but for some reason, she felt that same warmth in her heart that she had gotten from Naruto from being around Sasuke. She placed her hand on her chest softly, then Sasuke stopped and turned to her. "Hey, Hinata... you OK?"
HInata smiled as she then said "Yes, I am. Wait up, please!" She came running up to Sasuke, walking by his side as Sasuke chuckled a bit, walking with her.

At the Ichiraku Noodle Bar, Sasuke was just eating some chicken ramen, while Hinata just had some vegetable udon. Sasuke looked over to her and said "I never knew you were a vegetarian!"
"Hee hee. In the Hyuga Clan, Sasuke-kun, we end up serving a balance of all things, to ensure that nothing is harmed in the world. So we learn to find other sources for protein thus we respect all animals." Hinata replied, smiling as they just ate ramen. However, peeking around the corner was Kiba, whose face had a crushed expression to it, even WITH Akamaru on top of his head. He then said "Sasuke... and Hinata... together!?"

Kiba then imagined Sasuke holding Hinata in his arms, with the young Hyuga resting her head on his chest, then leaning up to kiss him until Kiba said "NOOOOOO!!!!" He then bolted off at high speed.
Sasuke and Hinata turned around as Sasuke said "What the-?"
"I don't know... but it sounded like Kiba-kun..."

Kiba was now hunched against a tree, kneeling, a dark cloud over his head, Akamaru softly padding him with his paw, whimpering as his barks, to Kiba's ears, came out as English. "Kiba... it'll be OK!"
"It's not gonna work, Akamaru! What's the point of living if I can't have Hinata!? ARGH!!! Why does this happen to me?!" Kiba then stopped moving, almost stiff as stone. Akamaru frowned, whimpering still.

Soon, Shikamaru, Choji, Lee, and Naruto came walking past, seeing Kiba motionless with Akamaru. Shikamaru blinked as he said "Is Kiba dead?"
"I dunno, guys. I mean, the way he looks, he could be." Choji replied, taking a bite from his bag of potato chips. Shikamaru then grabbed a stick, walking up to Kiba and poked him rapidly. Kiba remained motionlessly, a twitch coming to his eye as he kept poking him rapidly. Soon... Kiba then turned and shouted "SHIKAMARU, YOU DUMB ASS, KNOCK IT OFF!!!!"

Shikamaru then stood there, dropping the stick then collapsing on his back from that. Naruto walked up and said "Hey, what's up with you, Kiba? It's like the whole world's come to an end!"
Kiba got up and sighed a small mushroom-shaped cloud. "Yeah... it feels like it now, Naruto. I feel like 10,000 needles are being impaled into my heart right now! If you gotta know... I saw Sasuke and Hinata hangin' out at Ichiraku! It must be a date!"

Naruto rubbed his head, as Lee walked over to them and spoke his piece. "Kiba-kun, what makes you think that Sasuke-kun and Hinata-san were on a date? It could have just been a lunch date, and that's it!"
"Seriously, guys!! I saw them smiling at each other! Why must this happen to me!? ARGH!!!" Kiba mussed his hair playfully as then Naruto punched him. "Calm down!"
Kiba hit the ground, eyes swirling as he got up, groaning as he said "I WAS CALM!!!" Kiba then dropkicked Naruto, gritting his teeth.
With that done, Kiba scoffed and began to walk some, until he heard Ritsuko's voice saying "Hey, little bro!"

Stopping in his tracks, Kiba lifted his head and said "Hey, Ritsuko..."
"Well, kid, you don't look good."
"It's been kind of a hard day." Akamaru then came up to Kiba's side as Ritsuko stepped forward, patting his shoulder. "Look, kiddo, I got some big news for you. Mom and Dad wanted to wait til you were old enough to learn the news, and since you're 16, I guess that's old enough to let you know that..." Ritsuko exhaled, then said "Well, you're engaged to marriage. You have been since you were 2. And well, today is the day you get to meet your fiance?."

Kiba's eyes widened as he then said "F-f-f-f-f-f-fiance?!?! AWWWWWW, MAN!!!" Kiba then fell backwards, groaning, eyes closed. He had just experienced one of the worst days of his life... first he found out the girl he was crushing on was perhaps infatuated with someone else, AND now he found out he was in an arranged marriage with agirl he had never met! He then sat up, sighed, standing up slowly and said "OK... let's get this over with, Ritsuko." His head hung, Kiba just had to admit defeat... and accept his fate.

"Is he always this melodramatic?" A female voice other than Ritsuko's spoke. Kiba sighed when he heard the voice and replied. "You should see me on a good day..." He then lifted his head up and stopped when he saw a short-haired young woman about 16. She looked at Kiba with blue eyes, a jacket, a tanktop with her belly button showed, white pants, and black sandal boots. She then smiled and said "You were right, Ritsuko. He is cute!"

Kiba stood there, blushing as Ritsuko walked over and said "Kiba, meet Naomi. Naomi, your future husband, Kiba."
Smiling, Kiba took Naomi's hand and said "It's a pleasure to meet you. Sorry about my behavior earlier, I was in the midst of a bad moment, but seeing you made it brighter."
Naomi smiled, replying. "Well, aren't you sweet, Kiba?" Soon, a dog walked up, about the same size as Akamaru, but with white fur that had greyish spots on it. Akamaru looked at this dog as did Kiba when Kiba said "Who's this?"
"My dog, Aoimaru. Isn't she cute?" Naomi then watched as Aoimaru walked to Akamaru, sniffed him, then began to chase him as the two dogs began to play. Kiba chuckled and smiled. "So, how did you feel about this news, Naomi?"
"I guess... I felt like you did, Kiba. But now, I feel really good about it. I look forward to the day we marry.. and I hope I can make a good wife."

Kiba smiled and said "Well... I hope I can be a good husband at least." Taking Naomi's hand softly, Kiba smiled as did Ritsuko, seeing that her brother was going to be OK about this. She had worried about Kiba, having seen him earlier, but not anymore, since he seemed happy to at least get to know Naomi. The two were talking, walking off with their dogs right behind as Ritsuko said "Good luck, Kiba. You will need it." She then was off.

Kiba and Naomi walked side by side, just talking as Naomi took Kiba's arm, chuckling as the two walked and talked. The first thing. that Kiba had to do was to go see his friends and introduce them to his fiance?. He did wonder just how they would react. But he figured, he'd have to wait and see how they'd react first hand. He just smiled at Naomi, who then stopped as did Kiba. They just looked at each other, then leaned in and both kissed one another.

Kiba then pulled from the kisss as both he and Naomi blushed, then walked together again with Naomi then resting her head on Kiba's shoulder, Akamaru and Aoimaru by their respective masters as they went to find some of Kiba's friends.

Meanwhile, Naruto, Shikamaru, and Lee all sat, wondering how to go about finding Kiba if they could do so. Naruto then said "OK, that's it! I say we go and just look around the village til we find Kiba! I mean, who knows what... could... happen.." Naruto slowly stopped himself when he saw Kiba and Naomi, shaking his head rapidly, then said "Never mind, guys."

Kiba saw his teammates and walked a bit faster, Naomi keeping up with the pace as Kiba grinned a toothy grin and said "Hey."
"Hey, Kiba. Dude, what happened to you!? I mean, one minute you're upset like the world is coming to an end, the next you're all grinning happily, with some chick hanging off your arm! What's the deal!? What happened!?" Naruto asked.
Kiba chuckled then cleared his throat. "Well, guys, I found out I have a fiance?. And she's pretty great I'll say. Guys, meet Naomi. Naomi, these are the guys. At least some of 'em. There's Naruto, Lee, and Shikamaru."

Naruto smiled. "Nice to meetcha!"
"How do you do, miss?" Lee replied, the palms of his hands together as he bowed respectfully.
"Hey." Shikamaru said, boredly raising a hand. He then replied. "Kiba, what'd you have to do to get this girl to pose as your fiance?? I mean, c'mon, man, we know that what you said cannot be true..."

Naomi then slipped herself from Kiba's arm, leapt up and kicked Shikamaru to the ground, saying "How DARE you insinuate that Kiba-kun had to pay me to do this, you brat! I've heard of how you are, Shikamaru Nara. The first of the Dirty Dozen to be a Chuunin, but obviously, you're not too smart for your own good. Kiba and I were promised to one another when we were children, and just recently learned today of..." She halted herself in mid-sentence as Kiba said "What is it, Naomi?"

"New scents... all kinds of 'em! That means someone's coming here soon... not too far off I'd say... a few days from here. What does it mean though?"
"I don't know, but I don't like the sound of it..." Naruto responded. The silence was a giveaway to all there that something bad may be coming... or something good. None of them could tell at the moment, but it would be a surprise to all when they would find out the truth of who was coming.

Well, guys, here's Chapter 24, 25, 26, and the newly finished 27!! I call them these as followed

24 - Shino
25 - Sins of the Past Part 1
26 - Sins of the Past Part 2
27 - Kiba's Shocking Discovery! "I have a Fiance?!?!"

I hope you all enjoy it. And please. Feel free to post your ideas for chapter titles since I decided to go sans them for this experience. happy.gif ENJOY!!! And does it feel good to be caught up!

Bryon

#24 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 06 October 2004 - 03:29 PM

Woohoo! Now we're up-to-date! happy.gif

I really liked reading up on 27 - there was quite a lot I hadn't seen. I'll be looking forward to 28 when you're able to finish it. happy.gif

Thanks for posting up all the story!

#25 Blayze

Blayze

Godaime|Erokage-sama

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 03:54 PM

QUOTE (Bryon_Konoha_Ninja @ Oct 6 2004, 04:06 PM)
27 - Kiba's Shocking Discovery! "I have a Fiance?!?!"

:o :o :o WOOHOO! Kiba chapter! biggrin.gif

#26 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 08:08 PM

I'm so glad you guys enjoyed Chapter 27. happy.gif I am gonna try to work on 28 soon. It'll be beginning the "Strange Visitors" arc, which ties to one of the bigger arcs that'll start soon, but that arc is a secret for now! wink.gif Sorry, gotta keep you all in suspense, right!? LOL!

Bryon

#27 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 14 November 2004 - 07:13 AM

=Chapter 28=
At the Yamanaka household, laughter could be heard, as Ino, Sakura, Hinata, and Tenten were all talking, and Naomi was also with them. The girls were sitting around one another, as Sakura said "I have to say, Ino, this was a great idea."
Naomi nodded. "Glad you also invited me along for this, girl. I mean, you guys barely knew about me from Kiba-kun, and yet..."
Ino smiled, her hair down past her shoulders as she said "Think nothing about it, Naomi. I figured that besides having a girls' night to ourselves, we could also get to know one another. But first, I got a question to ask. How'd it make you feel to find out that of all the boys in the Inuzaka Clan, that Kiba was your fiance??"

Naomi smiled, just running a hand through her red hair as she said "I was at first shocked, but when I saw him, I found him to be cute."
Hinata giggled some and said "What else did you like?"
After hearing her say that, Naomi had hugged her knees to her chest as she said "Well... the fact when we first kissed. His kiss was... well... sweet and gentle. It was like we were meant to be together..."

The other girls were all silent at that as Tenten said "Wow. Now that is heavy. So, kind of a love at first sight thing? That's I guess how it can be for myself. I mean... maybe there is more to... no, no, I won't say anymore."
Leaning forward, Ino asked simply and quickly. "About what?"
"I said I wasn't going to say anymore, so please drop it, Ino!" Tenten replied as Ino smiled then fell backwards, as if she fell asleep. Sakura, Hinata, and Naomi all blinked and then, soon, Ino opened her eyes and smiled. "Well, that was easy. Gotta love the Mind-Body Disturbance aka Art of the Valentine, especially now since I can use it to feel around a person's thoughts. It was about Neji. She was about to talk about her feelings for Neji."

Tenten blushed and said "Ino!"
All of the other girls laughed and giggled as Tenten blushed furiously, crossing her legs as she had fidgetted her fingers some, then exhaled, twining some of her black hair around her right finger. She said "There is just something mysterious about Neji... he is also very calm and collected. It's not his strength I admire about him. Just his tenacity to go on, even with all the crap that happened to him... but... when it comes to boys, all of us gotta admit that at one time or another, we've been attracted to Sasuke!"

All of the girls, save for Naomi and Hinata nodded in sync as Sakura said "I had the biggest crush on him... but since that day, I've ridden myself of that crush, because of what Sasuke-kun would have done, had he succeeded in going to Orochimaru... it sometimes is hard to be his friend when deep down, his rage makes him a potential monster..."
"I know what you mean, Sakura. That's the reason also for myself. But it's also 'cause I heard rumors of his brawl with Naruto... and..."
Hinata slammed her hands down on the wooden floor then said "HEY!!! Stop saying such horrible things about Sasuke-kun! He's a lot sweeter than you girls realize! He's just extremely lonely... because of everyone distancing themselves from him after the news of his betrayal. That is the only reason he is why he is. So don't pick on him anymore!!"

Everyone looked on at Hinata as Sakura said "Hinata... do you... do you like Sasuke-kun? I mean, we all know how you have seen Naruto-kun, compared to all of us, when we were younger, but..."
Hinata blushed furiously then said "N-no. I just didn't want anyone to pick on him..."
Naomi giggled and said "Don't worry, Hinata-san, it's alright. You can be honest and upfront with us. We won't laught at you. I promise. Right girls?"

The others all nodded as Hinata said "We just had lunch together as friends, and I also helped him train. That's it. I swear."
Sakura smiled at that, grateful Sasuke had someone whom could look out for him if he ever needed anyone. She deep down at times still wished it was her, but she was happy for Hinata, especially with her own unknown feelings for Naruto. "So, who else wants to talk about their own love life? Ino? I heard about you and Choji from Naruto, whom heard it for Choji."

Ino shook her head. "Hey, it's all false. You know that dork can be like that." Sakura looked at Ino, her eyes narrowed, a look that made her feel unconvinced that Ino was telling the truth. She crossed her arms then said "Ino, you pig! Come on! Give us the truth! Let it set you free!"

Hearing that, Ino shook some and said "Alright. I am going to be honest now, Sakura." She smiled warmly. "I have been seeing Choji for the last month... and it has been a wonderful time so far. I guess I got to see some of Choji's real self, the self I heavily overlooked whenever I saw him, when he protected me at great lengths from Goruju when Gouki arrived here in Konoha. He... is so sweet, loving, and he kisses fantastically to boot. My Choji-honey is also so cute I could pinch his cheeks for a long time!"'

All of the girls looked on in surprise, all blinking as Ino blushed and said "You said be honest."
Tenten smiled and said "It is good to know you are happy, Ino. I myself still need to at least try to ask Neji out sometime... even if it
won't be an easy task."
Sakura nodded. "He is kind of the strong silent type at times, Tenten. I'll just say try to be persistent if you can. But not too much so that you freak him out."

Tenten heard that advice then smiled. "What about this how you heard about Choji and Ino being a couple from Naruto, Sakura-chan? Is there something going on with you two?"
Hinata nodded. "I may hate this, given how I have felt about Naruto-kun, but I want to hear this as well, Sakura-san. Please. Tell us..."
Sakura blushed a bit, as Ino quickly pretended to be dressed up nicely, holding a mock microphone as she said "Sakura Haruno, the eyes of most of Konoha's female Chuunins rest on you right at this moment! What exactly is the truth about you and Naruto Uzumaki, Konoha's former No. 1 prankster, and one of the Dirty Dozen's braver heroes?"

Blushing even more, Sakura placed her hands on her cheeks. "Why do I got to-?"
"Just do it already, girl! Quit leavin' us in suspense!" Naomi spoke with quite a bit of authority. Sakura looked and sighed, as she hugged her knees to her chest, saying "I myself am confused at times by Naruto-kun. He always looks out for me, protects me, even when I have been so hard on him... just because he did such idiotic things, as well as other things. I was so cold to him, and yet he just smiles at me and does all he can to make me happy. It perplexes me... sometimes, when he does something reckless, like when he charged in to face Mizuki alone, I just want to kill him, and others, I want to just hug him."

Ino smiled as she said "It's love."
"Love...?"
"That's the reason why he does it, Sakura. He loves you. I guess he finds you irresistible. You two do balance each other out well though. He brings out a stronger side to you, and you bring out the best in him."
Sakura blinked as she looked at the ground, thinking. 'I... I hadn't thought about that before... he did say he understood why he loved me a while back. Could it be true that he does what he does because...?'

Hinata then said "I am sure you might do well with Naruto-kun, Sakura. I... to be honest, I am envious of you that he will look at you the way he does."
Sakura looked at Hinata, warmly placing a hand on her shoulder. "Hinata, even if Naruto-kun will not fall for you, you are fortunate to be by Sasuke-kun's side. I am sure he could use your help most of all, since you have the biggest heart out of all of us."

Hinata nodded, as she then gasped when she saw the clock. She stood up, grabbing her light blue coat, sliding it on over her black shirt, speaking "I was supposed to meet Sasuke-kun to help him. Forgive me for cutting this short, Ino-san, but thank you for inviting me." She then rushed off as Ino giggled and nodded. "She's smitten, I believe..."

"It seems that way to me also." Tenten replied as Naomi stood up and said "I better roll too. You all going to just stay here?"
"For a while at least. I will need to soon go to prepare... given what you told us, Naomi."
Naomi smiled and said "Glad we did this. We gotta do it again! Seriously! Later!" With that said, the young Inuzuka rushed out the door as Ino smiled and said "Yeah... we do need to do this again..."
Tenten smiled, leaning back, as Sakura smiled also, looking down at the ground still, thinking of what Ino said, and just smiled some, remembering how good Naruto made her feel at times... and she also wondered if love was what she felt. She would soon wonder to herself, if her own true feelings might come out soon...

But that was for another day.

=To Be Continued...=

Here it is! Chapter 28! I know, I know, it took me a while to write it... but... I AM GLAD TO GET IT DONE! I hope you guys read it again soon. Later much!

Bryon

#28 Uzumaki Naruto

Uzumaki Naruto

Hokage

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 04:27 AM

Great story! Keep going Bryon, this was awsome!

#29 Yoko

Yoko

Summoning Master

• ANBU
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 08:32 PM

I just got finished reading A LOT. anyway, awesome chapter!

#30 Wrathchylde

Wrathchylde

Old Fart.

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Interests:stuff...

Posted 16 November 2004 - 10:17 PM

Not too shabby. Keep with it and write faster!

#31 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 11:56 AM

Nice update! biggrin.gif

Ooh, now we have more of Sakura and Naruto. happy.gif

#32 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 05:21 AM

Chapter 29!! Which is Strange Visitors, Part 1! Enjoy, minna-san! happy.gif Eh-hoo!

=Chapter 29=
Sakura was sitting by a fountain, her legs crossed at the ankles, arms on her lap as she sighed. Her attire was fair from her usual red top with a loincloth of sorts connected to it, a baby blue sash around her waist, black shorts, a pink bandana around her left arm, and around her right leg. She this time just was in much different attire than she normally was in. She was sitting in a skirt, dark pink in color, a white button-up top, and strapped shoes. She sighed, looking about as she thought 'Where is he!?'

"Hey!" Sakura blinked when she hears that voice and turned to see Naruto, who was standing there, chuckling as he was in his usual attire. She stood up and said "What? You didn't feel like dressing up, Naruto-kun? It IS our first official date after all!"
"Yeah, yeah, but I ain't the kind of guy to dress up unless it's an absolute need, Sakura-chan! But you look lovely... I mean, not that that's hard for you, I just..."

Sakura giggled and said "I do get what you mean. So, what took you so long?"
"A riceball." Naruto opened one of his side pouches and pulled out a riceball slowly. "I picked it up while I was walking to meet you. This place had some amazing stuff. Baked goods, some sweet riceballs. I had to at least pick up some, so we can have something to snack on, unless we're gonna be eating lunch."

"No. I wanted you to think of something we might do. Do you have another riceball?"
"Sure do." Slowly, Naruto pulled a second riceball out, and handed it to Sakura. She looked at it, and carefully took a bite from it, chewing as she smiled then blinked when she saw the rice. "Huh?"

"It's chocolate covered riceballs. Surprised me some too." Naruto took a bite out of his, then said "So, should we walk?"
Sakura noded then said "You dope, how come you're talking with a full mouth? Weren't you born with manners?"
"Yeah, I was!" Naruto swallowed. "But I was just wanting to speak my piece before any plans were laid to rest. Sorry."
Sakura shook her head and said "It happens. C'mon."

Naruto walked up by Sakura's side, eating his chocolate-covered riceball, as Sakura nibbled hers softly. After having chewed and swallowed the rice, Sakura said "Naruto-kun... what you said to me when we were at that bench, remembering when you had disguised yourself like Sasuke-kun... did you mean it when you said that that day you understood why you loved me?"

Naruto nodded. "I told you why I did. Did you think I meant as a friend?"
"For a time yes. But then... I got to thinking some when I was hanging out with Ino and the girls last night. Something Ino had said. She said that the reasons why you stood by my side, why you've been so kind to me when I was harsh, why you've always protected me, and have understood me when I've never understood you was because you love me. I just wanted to know if it was true."

Naruto, having finished his riceball, tossed the napkin, and placed his hands on Sakura's shoulders. "It is, Sakura-chan. But... I guess this time we've had is good. I mean, I don't know how you feel about me yet, at least completely, but I do know how I feel about you, how I've always felt. But I chose not to give up because, well, I didn't wanna seem weak to you or to anyone else. A lot of things are my inspiration to press on in battle... Sensei Iruka, whom I've seen like a father, Sasuke, Gouki and the guys, who I see as brothers, Sensei Kakashi... who's like an uncle... the girls, who I've seen as sisters at times... and you... who I once saw as a sister... but with time... could see as a lover. That is... if you'd want someone who's an idiot at times, who would annoy you at times, probably just make you wanna hit me, but..."

All of a sudden, Sakura had thrown her arms around Naruto's neck and looked into his eyes as she said "Who wouldn't want to be with you? You just have... such a magnetic personality. You're the kind of ninja who's gonna change the world, Naruto. When we were kids, at first, I used to make fun of the fact you said you'd be Hokage. But I was wrong. You have the potential to be the greatest of them all."
Naruto blushed at this sudden movement, but then, gathering himself, he softly placed his arms around Sakura's waist as the two Chuunins just looked at one another, feeling as if the whole world around them didn't exist. Both looked on as Naruto then casually smiled, Sakura doing the same, as both slowly leaned in towards each other until someone said "Excuse me..."

Both stopped their almost kiss, looking at the person whom spoke. The person had looked like Kakashi... except his hair was over his other eye... he had some slightly visible scars on his arms, a large bag with a sleeping bag, some pans, and he also had mostly black on, with a mask slightly over his mouth. Naruto cried out as he let go of Sakura and fell backwards, hitting the ground as he said "It's a Kakashi clone!"

"Is that possible...?" Sakura thought as she then said "Yes, sir?"
"Well, first of all... I just want to say your friend is odd. But actually... I ... I haven't been here in a long time, and I did wonder if you could point out the Hokage Tower?"
Sakura nodded and said "You want to go straight down this way, then make a right. You can't miss it."
"Thank you." The mane said as he walked off, limping some. Naruto looked at the "Kakashi clone" and said "I wonder who he is. He looks like Kakashi but..."
"I know what you mean, Naruto-kun."

The man kept limping once he had made it into the Hokage Tower. Once inside, he had come directly to Tsunade's office, knocking on the door. Gouki, having heard the door said "I will get it, Lady Tsunade." He walked over, kneeling down as he opened the door. "Hello?"
"Yes. I am here to see Tsunade-sama..."
"You must be her expected guest. Come inside, sir." Gouki stepped aside as the man walked inside. Tsunade looked up from her paperwork and said "Ah! Sukai! It's good to see you arrived safely."

Sukai bowed respectfully. "Thank you, Tsunade-sama. I hope I am on time for this competition that is going to occur."
"You made it with plenty of time, Sukai."

Gouki sat down and said "As you might know, Sukai Hatake, Lady Tsunade has asked you to be a judge for a tournament she wants to have here in Konoha, a tournament that will unite the countries save for our most common enemy, Otogakure or Hidden Sound. I know I must be repeating what her letter said. She wished for you to referee the tournament, to ensure a sense of fairness... considering you have not been classified as a ninja for the last 16 years."

Sukai looked about and said "That is the reason I am here, Tsunade-sama. But..."
"Hmm? What is it, Sukai? You have seen troubled. Is it because you are here in Konoha again?"

Sukai shook his head before he spoke again. "No, it's just that I saw someone whom resembled an old friend of mine... I... I would like to go see him." Sukai turned and walked towards the door until he stopped and said "And when you see my cousin... tell Little Scarecrow I will be seeing him soon." Tsunade blinked at that as Sukai then left the room.
Gouki looked at Tsunade as he said "You believe he will do well, Lady Tsunade?"
Tsunade smiled. "I do, Gouki. I have 100% faith in Sukai. Even if his past has been embittered due to the course of some things... he will be fair and impartial. But... who was this he wanted to meet?"
Gouki chuckled. "I have a pretty good idea, given Mr. Sukai's age."

Naruto was now sitting at the Ichiraku Noodle Bar, since some time had passed since his date with Sakura. He sipped his ramen, confused as he wondered about the Kakashi lookalike. Mr. Teuchi, the proprietor of the Ichiraku Noodle Bar, had looked at Naruto and asked "Naruto, is everything alright?"
"Oh! I dunno, Mr. Teuchi. I think I'm losin' my mind! I saw someone whom looked like Kakashi! But that can't be too possible, unless..."
Ayame, the young girl whom worked at the Noodle Bar, came up and said "Unless what?"
"Unless he was a twin or something!"
Soon, the curtain of the Noodle Bar parted and Sukai stepped inside. Mr. Teuchi looked over to him and said "Huh!? Well, I'll be! Sukai! It's been way too long! What's brought you back home after we heard you had departed!?"

Sitting down, Sukai had replied "Just some business, Mr. Teuchi. I'll take a bowl of Udon. If you don't mind. I do have some Ryous to pay for it..."
"Coming right up!" Mr. Teuchi walked off to get the Udon noodles ready as Ayame whispered to Naruto. "Was that who you meant?"
"Yeah, it was... can't you see the resemblance?" Naruto whispered as Ayame nodded. Sukai looked at them as he said "You look very familiar to me, young man. You know that?"

"Yeah... and you look like someone I know."
"Who... is this person you know that resembles me so far." Sukai repled. "I just wish to know..."
Naruto exhaled and said "Well, you look like one of my former teachers, Kakashi Hatake."
Sukai chuckled at that as he said. "Ah, you must mean my cousin, Little Scarecrow."
"Cousin!? You mean that...!?"

Sukai nodded some. "I am his cousin.. former Konoha Jounin, Sukai Hatake... at your service. And what, young man, is your name?"
Naruto cleared his throat and said "I am Naruto Uzumaki, member of the Dirty Dozen."
Stopping for a moment, Sukai stopped, looking to Naruto as he then saw an image of his past, a younger version of Kanoi. Sukai then said "Your father... was his name Kanoi Uzumaki, Naruto...?"
"Yeah, he was. How did you know my dad?"

Sukai smiled a bit under his mask, saying "He was my best friend when we were kids. We... well, that's for another time." Sukai then watched as Mr. Teuchi placed his bowl of Udon in front of him, taking his chopsticks, eating his Udon,. He slurped the noodles and said "Naruto, you seem to have done well for yourself,. being a Chuunin and all."
"Thank you, Sukai." Naruto slurped his ramen as Sukai thought to himself 'You must have been alone for a long time, Naruto. I wish I had chosen to stay at times... I felt leaving was the best option for myself, and I didn't even give it a second thought to how it affected my role as your godfather. Kanoi... I am sorry...'

Naruto finished his ramen, saying "Hey, Sukai, maybe sometime you and I can talk, but I gotta go make another appointment right now."
Sukai looked at Naruto, then patted him on the head. "I would like that..."
"Great. See ya!" Naruto then placed his money down and rushed off, heading to the Hokage Tower, to the In-Between, to see if his parents were there so he could ask his dad about Sukai... to learn more about the mystery. However, Sukai blinked at first, turning slowly, and looked as Naruto left. He got up some, placing his own money down as he grabbed his things, following Naruto without being seen of course.

After getting to the Hokage Tower, Naruto made his way to the door where the In-Between lie. He pushed the doors open with his hands and rushed inside, the doors, slamming behind him as he said "Mom? Dad? You guys in here?"
Suddenly, a soul appeared beside Naruto as he blinked. "Mom? Dad?"

The soul floated down to the ground then formed into his father, the 4th Hokage, as he said "Kiddo, what took you so long to show up? A guy could worry, you know?"
Another soul landed down, forming into the form of Keiko as she said "What brought you here besides the want to visit us, Naruto-chan?"
Naruto smiled as he then hugged his parents and looked at them, saying "Hey, I wanted to ask you guys about someone who said he knew you, Dad."
Kanoi blinked and replied. "Oh? Who was he?"
"His name was Sukai Hatake." Naruto simply said. Kanoi chuckled as he said "Well, it seems like he is here himself..."

Naruto blinked, turning around slowly then fell backwards as he said "Sukai! I..."
Sukai blinked as he walked up to Kanoi and Keiko as he slid his mask off. "Keiko!? Kanoi!? Am... am I dreaming?! What is this...?"
Standing up, Naruto rubbed his head. "Uhm, well, if you gotta know, Sukai, this is the In-Between, where the dead and the living meet with one another and converse... but what made you wanna tail me all the way here?"

Sukai shook his head and said "I just wanted to see what you were up to, Naruto. Kanoi, I thought you were dead."
Laughing then grinning playfully, Kanoi punched Sukai in the arm lightly. "Well, I am dead, Sukai, but here, I can touch the physical and speak with people whom wish to speak with me. So... 16 years and you don't even have your Hitai-Ate on...."
Keiko held her hands together as she said "Sukai, dear, what happened to you..? You look young still, but by now you should be 36 years old."

Sukai looked down and said "I had broken the promise to be Naruto's godfather, Kanoi, Keiko. I... I left after I had managed to pull through from the Kyuubi attack. I was broken, battered, people whom I cared about gone... I had no more reason to be a ninja, so I had left, to travel, to find my place in this world without you, Keiko, Yuri, and so many others in my life gone. I had finally settled in Kirigakure Village, became a fisherman."

Naruto listened on but then, Kyuubi in its' spirit form appeared and said "I remember that guy well, kid. He put up a helluva fight before I put him down. I didn't even think he was alive..."
Naruto shushed Kyuubi as they both listened on, along with Naruto's parents as Sukai bit down on his lower lip, tears welling up in his eyes. "I WAS SUCH A FOOL!!! I had... I had heard rumors about Naruto being so alone here in Konoha! It's all my fault!! I should have been here for him! Instead, I shirked my duties and friendship to you because I... because I couldn't bear it!!"

Suddenly, Sukai dropped to his knees, bowing down as he said "Kanoi, Keiko, Naruto! Please forgive me!!"
Kanoi looked on, saddened himself but then he kneeled down and smiled. "Sukai, you're my best friend. Of course I will forgive you. But I think you need to forgive yourself. I see your pain, and I feel it may come from the fact you felt you let yourself down when you couldn't protect everyone you could."

Sukai looked up as Keiko smiled and said "Please, Sukai, you are family to us. Do not be so hard on yourself."
Naruto smiled as he said "Besides! You made one mistake, but I am not alone anymore! As you musta seen!"
Wiping his eyes, Sukai nodded then stood up, carefully, as he then said "I haven't worn this in so long... but... I think... it is appropriate to do so. I may not be a ninja anymore, but why shouldn't I wear this for old time's sake?"

After digging into his bag, Sukai pulled out a Hitai-Ate, slipping it onto his forehead, then tying it off as he smiled. Naruto grinned then gave Sukai a thumbs up as Sukai said "Well, Naruto... if you want me to, I can try to be here for you now, before we get things started."
"What things, Sukai?"
Sukai smiled a bit and said "Soon, Tsunade-sama will be starting a tournament here in Konoha called the Kage Grand Prix. It's to honor all of the Kages who have passed so far... and it will unite all villages who will compete. Think of it as the Chuunin Exam, but without having anyone go up in rank. ANBU, Jounins and Chuunins are the ones competiting in it, and it will be to see whom is the strongest in the villages. Plus, clientelle will be there to observe, so that each village can earn new missions. Tsunade-sama said that it would be mentioned soon, but... why not tell your teammates about it, Naruto?"

Naruto stood there as Kanoi smiled. "That's noble of Tsunade to do that sort of thing. I am sure it will go well. Naruto, you OK?"
Keiko blinked when she saw her son shake softly as he said "Are you shaking of fear? Or is it something else, Naruto-chan?"
Naruto smiled as he said "It's excitement, Mom! I can't believe it! THIS ROCKS!! Hey, Sukai, you can bet I'll tell my teammates about this! But, uh, what capacity are you?"

Sukai smiled. "A fair and impartial judge... but Kanoi, if this place, like Naruto said, allows a person to converse with the dead... why haven't I...?"
A soul appeared as everyone turned to see it land, and then it took the form of a beautiful young woman who looked a bit like Hinata in Naruto's eyes, except she wasn't. Naruto blinked and said "Who is this?"

Sukai looked on and said "Yuri..."
Yuri, the young woman looked at Sukai and smiled as she said "Hello, Sukai. You look the same... almost like you did when you were 20 years old." Yuri walked over to Sukai then hugged him as she said "Love, it is good to see you, but I must tell you something..."
"What is it, Yuri...? Seeing you again is reward enough..." Sukai said, cupping her cheek.
"I wanted to tell you to not blame yourself anymore, Sukai. We will be together again someday... I knew when I was in the Heavens that you had perceived because you didn't feel you could die yet. Please, continue to live, but do not blame yourself anymore... that is my one request."
Sukai smiled softly and said "I will do my best..." He then held Yuri as she laid in his arms as the Uzumakis looked on, smiling, leaving a joyful moment for them, and for Sukai. Sukai had lived in darkness much of his life after the Kyuubi attack, but now, he felt some of his emptiness being gone, and the joy in his heart opening some.

=To Be Continued...=

Bryon

#33 Yoko

Yoko

Summoning Master

• ANBU
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 07:10 AM

awesome chapter Bryon! I can't wait for more!

#34 Faucon

Faucon

Keeper of the C2

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 07:12 AM

Nice story there, keep updating hehe
There are 405!!! ( NaruSaku ) stories in the C2.
And 297 subscribers currently!!

The BIG archive of NaruSaku stories
Tell me if im missing any fics

#35 liukang004

liukang004

Uzumaki Liukang, Leader of Uzumaki Clan

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 07:34 AM

happy.gif keep going to good work like he said! Update asap man! Great chapter! biggrin.gif

#36 blessed_devil

blessed_devil

...Advanced Member?

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Interests:Making fanfics, reading fanfics, watching TV especially Naruto, eating, sleeping, playing...

Posted 20 November 2004 - 11:49 AM

Oh, man. The story has come a long way already. I'm only in Chapter 3... sad.gif
Nothing is more reassuring than Kakashi saying "They'll be alright. Pakkun is with them."

#37 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 01:18 PM

I like this chapter. happy.gif

Dratted Hatakes never have good timing. tongue.gif *watches Sukai get stomped into the ground for interrupting a tender moment*

I really wonder how Kakashi and Sukai will react when they're reunited.

#38 Blayze

Blayze

Godaime|Erokage-sama

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 01:41 PM

Woah... Kakashi Mk II. This one's early biggrin.gif

Niiice... smile.gif

#39 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 06:08 PM

Thanks for the compliments, guys. happy.gif Yeah, Kakashi and Sukai's relationship is gonna be interesting to show you all in Chapter 30, as well as some more characters, old and new showing up! The credit for Sukai goes to my friend Kurt, whom you all remember from Naruto Talk as Uchiha_Sasuke99. I hope.

Bryon

#40 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 21 November 2004 - 09:36 PM

=Chapter 30=
In the In-Between, a few days after Sukai's arrival, Naruto and Kanoi were sparring together, Kanoi helping his son get ready for the Kage Grand Prix, even if Naruto didn't know when it was going to begin. Naruto punched at his father, but due to the vast experience his father must have accumulated over the years on his way to become Hokage, he had the advantage, having blocked each of Naruto's attacks effortlessly while Keiko sat kneeling and watched the two men in her life spar with one another.

Kanoui the caught Naruto's fist and smiled. "Hey, kiddo, you're getting better, but you're still way too slow!" He then turned and kicked his son. Naruto cried out as he slammed along the ground, bouncing up some until he landed down onto the ground. Kanoi rubbed the back of his head as he said "Man... I guess I overdid it."
Sitting up, Naruto rubbed his face and said "Jeez, Dad! I knew you were strong, but that was just ridiculous!"
"You said come at you at full strength, so I did, son. That's all anyone can do when training. Think you're up for another round?"

Nodding, the blonde Chuunin stood up slowly, stretching as he said "Hey, if you're coming at me with 100%, you think if it's possible I could pull Kyuubi's strength?"

Kanoi looked on and he said "Well, I do got an idea. We got your strength down bar none. Why don't we now try to figure out something else for you?"
Keiko giggled and said "Kanoi dear, it's like you training Kakashi, Obito, and Rin all over again, isn't it?"
"Kind of feels like it some." Kanoi chuckled, but then said "Actually, Naruto... I do wonder who will train you next. You told me you have trained with Iruka, Kakashi and Jiraiya. I do wonder whom would be best to train you next. But I guess I know that answer. My last 3 students before I perished in stopping Kyuubi."

Naruto walked over to his dad and said "You sure of that, Dad? And how are we gonna find those 3?"
"I am not sure. Erika, Miroku, and Ryoga were all pretty young Jounins. Erika was 10, Miroku was 14, and Ryoga was 12. They are still alive, since I had told them to not come back to Konoha until I sent someone I trusted with the proof they were needed. And since the In-Between allows for the spiritual to touch the physical... I can do that. Even if they may not believe it. Naruto, I would like you to also mention this to Sukai. He will know about this."

Naruto nodded. "Yes, sir! But for now, I gotta get going. After I told the others, I wanted to see if any of the teams would be arriving from the other villages. But you guys know I will come back when I can, if I'm not too busy."
Keiko stood up, walked to Naruto, and without need of words hugged him. She smiled and said "Just do your best, Naruto-chan. That is all we can ask of you. You do that much, and success is guaranteed."

Naruto smiled, then felt his father place his hand on his head, rubbing his hair as he said "Go kick some ass, son."
Nodding, Naruto then stepped back from his parents and rushed out of the room, smiling as he did. He knew this would be something amazing, to be able to face people from other countries. He knew one person he wanted to face in particular was Gaara, from Sunagakure Village, the Village Hiding in Sand. The first time they met, both Naruto and Gaara were 12. In fact, they had battled against one another. Gaara, like Naruto, knew the pain of loneliness, but he had become a vicious murderer after others had attempted to kill him in return. Naruto though stirred Gaara away from that path when he defeated him and made him see why he was strong; love.

However, in another part of Konoha, Sukai walked around, his Hitai-Ate on. Even if he was an impartial judge, he chose to wear his Hitai-Ate out of respect for Konoha, his friendship to Kanoi, and more. He soon came to the grave site, which honored those Konoha ninjas who had died, and standing there was one of his living family members, Kakashi, his young cousin. Kakashi was in front of the grave of one of his teammates from when the Fourth Hokage was a Jounin teacher... Obito Uchiha. He had died a long time ago, and Kakashi had blamed himself for Obito's death.

Kakashi looked at the grave in solemn silence as Sukai walked up some then stood by Kakashi's side, hands together as he bowed. "I... had heard about Obito..."
Kakashi turned and said "You."
Turning, Sukai looked at Kakashi and said "It has been a long time... little scarcrow."
Kakashi twitched a bit and shouted "STOP CALLING ME THAT!!"
Chuckling, Sukai smiled. "It seems you haven't changed at all in 16 years. You still feel all ninjas who don't abide by the rules and regulations are trash. I have said you needed to loosen up some, and it seems you never took my advice, Kakashi."
"What would you care, Sukai?"
"I care because I am family, Kakashi. I have always looked out for you and you know that. But you have always been rush rush rush! Why is that? Is it because of me, or something else?"

"It's not any of your business, Sukai." Kakashi turned his back as Sukai said "Just because I was a goofball at times didn't mean I didn't take my job seriously, Little Scarecrow." Kakashi stood there, as Sukai then continued to speak. "I did meet your former student, Naruto. He is impressive, since he is Kanoi's son. Even if most people would not believe it. He is doing well for himself."

"Why are you here again after your choice to leave?"
"Well, I am here for an event. I'd suggest you get your friends and go to the Hokage Tower to find out from Tsunade-sama as to what is going on. For now, I am here to be a part of it. And I am here to honor some of my friends." Sukai said, closing his eyes, as Kakashi looked at him then rushed off to find out about the event Sukai referred to, even if he didn't say anything about it officially.

Naruto, Lee, and Choji all walked together as Lee said "So, Naruto-kun, do you think this Grand Prix will be bigger than the Chuunin Exam?"
"Yeah, Lee. If all sorts of villages will send out ninjas to Konoha to compete! At least that's what I was told from the guy who will be refereeing the tournament. I am so stoked for this! Can you just imagine it?!"

Choji nodded as he said "Sure can! This is going to be cool to see once we find out who..." The trio stopped as they saw people coming up... but these people were not familiar to any of them. They were girls. Each of them had Hitai-Ate for Kumogakure Village, the Village Hiding in the Clouds. The first one, a small girl with a sweet smile on her face, had black hair, much of it tied into a ponytail. She most noticably had crystal blue eyes that were clear, much like Neji and Hinata's eyes. She also had a light blue long-sleeved sweatshirt, a similar-colored skirt, netting around her legs from her knees ending at the sandal-boots she had on.

The second one looked to be a bit more serious, with shorter black hair, tied up on the top, with a black pair of hakama, traditional zori sandals, white priestress style blouse, and her Hitai-Ate around her neck some, almost like a choker. At her side appeared to be a sheath for a katana, or a bokuto, some form of sword-like weapon.

The final one smiled softly. She had long light green hair, with a red bow at the end of it, and part way upwards too. Her clothing was red, but with the appearance almost like a traditional female ninja, with black lining around the upper torso, with some black meshing along there too, showing some cleavage. The lower half of her clothing had a black sash around the waist, showing her legs, with black ribbons around her ankles, with zori sandals also. She had her Hitai-Ate on her right arm, and the same kind of ribbon around her wrists.

Naruto looked on and said "Hey! Looks like they're here for that Grand Prix! They all have Hitai-Ate from Kumogakure Village! Hey, guys, what do you...?"
Choji blinked and said "Uhm, what's with Lee?"
Lee looked at the green-haired girl, his cheeks red, his arms at his sides. He looked on in awe and said "I think I'm in love..."
Hearing that, Naruto fell over as he said "DUDE!!! What's with you, Dog Brows!? I mean... you do this regularly!?"
Lee heard nothing Naruto had said as the three girls turned to the trio of boys as the shorter of the girls giggled when she saw Lee. "Looks like you got another admirer, Asuka-chan!"
The light green haired girl, the one called Asuka had patted the head of her small companion and smiled. "How many was it so far, Ame-chan?"

Ame, the smaller one, had began to count with her fingers as she said "10,568,243 boys whom have been attracted to you so far! But this one is definitely the weirdest looking guy of 'em all! Look at those eyebrows! They look almost alive, that it's creepy!"
Asuka tapped the side of her face with her left index finger as she said "I don't know, Ame-chan. This one seems different, a lot stronger."
The last one of the group had then said "Well, this is just plain stupid."
"Oh, come on, Ryoko-chan! This kind of thing happens often and you know this!" Ame had said, holding her hands together as she blinked. "Wait a minute, don't we need to register ourselves in for the Kage Grand Prix that is occuring in a few months!? We need to find the Hokage Tower so we can do that! Hey, excuse me!" Ame rushed up to the trio, with Ryoko and Asuka following behind.

Ame smiled sweetly, her arms behind her back as she said "Can you tell us where the Hokage Tower is?"
Naruto blinked and said "OK, we can tell you, but I was wondering who you were!"
Ame smiled still and said "I thought you'd never ask! I am Ame!"
Asuka winked, continuing where Ame left off. "I'm Asuka."
Ryoko simply nodded, finishing up the introductions. "I'm Ryoko."

Ame then smiled as she said "And together, we're the Hidden Cloud Angels! And who are you 3?"
Naruto smiled, chuckling as he patted his chest with a closed fist. "I'm Naruto Uzumaki, and these two guys are Choji Akimichi and Rock Lee. We're part of the Konoha task force known as the Dirty Dozen. How do you do, girls?"
Asuka chuckled as she said "Well, this is an honor to meet someone like you, Naruto. We heard from some of our citizens about your performance at the Chuunin Exam a few years ago."
"Hey, Asuka-chan?" Ame asked, blinking. "If these guys are dirty, how come they don't just take a bath?"

After hearing that from the small of the trio, Choji groaned and said "Jeez! She doesn't get it does she?"
Asuka chuckled uneasily then put her hands together. "Sorry about that, Choji. She is kind of a ditz at times, but she is still young!"
Lee walked up to Asuka and smiled as he said "Hey, don't worry about it, Ms. Asuka. I just wanted to say that it's an honor to have you here. But I want you to know that if you are ever in danger, I'll protect your life! That's a solemn promise to you that I will keep, as a man!"

Asuka blinked but then smiled at that. Ame put her hands against her mouth and giggled. "Yup, we got another one!"
Ryoko sighed as she said "So, how about the Hokage Tower's location?"
Naruto nodded and said "Just go north a bit and you then make a left after, like, a block or so. Then you're there."

Ryoko nodded simply. "Thank you for that help, Naruto Uzumaki. Good luck to you and your friends." She began to walk ahead of the others, as Ame waved off, with Asuka following as she looked on back at Lee, waving as she did. Lee smiled as he said "That is quite a lovely woman."
Choji rubbed his forehead and he said "Come on, Lee, you do this all the time!"
"This time is definitely different! I can feel it! This time I think I have found someone I could be with for my whole life! Sure, I have had a crush on Sakura-san, but she likes Naruto-kun obviously, and she also was too busy with her feelings for Sasuke-kun in the past, but Ms. Asuka... no... Asuka-chan... seems different."
Naruto groaned as he said "Yeesh...", shaking his head in disappointment at Lee's sudden desire for Asuka.

In another part of Konoha, however, 3 other figures walked through the village with cloaks on, heading somewhere, but no one knew where in Konoha these three were heading. They had the mark of Iwagakure Village on the hoods of their cloaks, meaning they were from the Village Hiding in Stone...

Chapter 30 of Demon Within! happy.gif Expect more in the next few chapters, guys! This is just part 2 of Strange Visitors, and I wanted to do more with the arc itself! biggrin.gif

Bryon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users