1208 replies to this topic

#801 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 27 December 2018 - 04:55 AM

It was announced during the summer that there's a manga spin-off  in the works called My Heroine Academia. Here's a link:http://epicstream.co...-Spin-Off-Manga

I see, now this the second series that has female spin off.

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#802 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 27 December 2018 - 08:15 AM

I believe that was a one-shot. It was drawn by Kohei's former assistant, who went out to have a manga as well. Also:

Focusing on the series’ female characters is nice and all but they’ve played big roles in the regular series, not really being treated like an afterthought

Er...sure. I guess that's why I'm not alone with the vibe of Kishi's second coming, only they speak more.

#803 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 27 December 2018 - 10:24 AM

Naruto at the end of the day had ideally four main characters; team 7:Naruto, Sakura, Sasuke, and Kakashi. Everyone else is a secondary character. Of course kishimoto couldn't even manage that. He was scared of Kakashi overshadowing everyone so he rarely used him, he never knew what to do with Sakura, and he got bored with Naruto at best by chapter 500. So the last 200 chapters were the Sasuke show until it became the Hinata show with the Last.

My Hero Academy has far more character that vary between main and secondary characters. All Might Deku, but also the rest of class 1A can be considered the main cast, yet they can also be secondary characters depending on how much he uses them.

Black Clover main cast is Asta, Yuno, Noel, and the Black Bulls. Anyone else is secondary.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 27 December 2018 - 10:26 AM.

#804 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 27 December 2018 - 11:11 AM

Its true that at the end, it was Sasuke featuring Naruto show, though Kakashi still got a good share of development. Just wish the very last part with Susanoo didnt happen. Other than that, yeah, Naruto is known for weak characters.

Its becoming known to newcomers that MHA characters are pretty underdeveloped. The real characters that seem to be progressive are Deku, Bakugo (in small doses), and Shouto. The rest have to get lucky. Why you think the current arc is boring so far. Same can be said for Provisional License Arc. All these new characters are distracting on what we already have. Im here asking myself, When is that character going to shine? When they do, its hardly moving to be relevant, rather get it out of the way and dont bet on any hope for more.

This is where Assassination Classroom did right. It had to end before the problem becomes visible or expanded due to so many kids in the class. The state with MHA is stuck in circle that hardly anyone is evolving. They remain to do their usual personality routine, like Naruto Filler where we have to be reminded many times that Naruto is an idiot or Sakura is scary when mad and hurt Naruto bad.

I dont know if youre complimenting Black Clover or not, but honestly, thats more than I can say than the two series above. Its like theyre treated as One Piece characters, only theyre not going to a different island for every arc. Still, fans can buy into these characters and their developments rather than thinking, Oh its about time. Hell, I didnt count on Noelle to be this good, even after she finally understood her power. I thought the Mangaka is just throwing a bone to shut us up. Thankfully, its not.

Its amazing how much of my first impression changed for all of them, but its more amazing when I thought the first two will be stellar while the third would be going downhill first. What a world.

#805 griff142

griff142

Member of Kishi's execution squad

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Interests:I love anime. I am also a football geek and video game nerd.

Posted 27 December 2018 - 06:38 PM

Its true that at the end, it was Sasuke featuring Naruto show, though Kakashi still got a good share of development. Just wish the very last part with Susanoo didnt happen. Other than that, yeah, Naruto is known for weak characters.

Its becoming known to newcomers that MHA characters are pretty underdeveloped. The real characters that seem to be progressive are Deku, Bakugo (in small doses), and Shouto. The rest have to get lucky. Why you think the current arc is boring so far. Same can be said for Provisional License Arc. All these new characters are distracting on what we already have. Im here asking myself, When is that character going to shine? When they do, its hardly moving to be relevant, rather get it out of the way and dont bet on any hope for more.

This is where Assassination Classroom did right. It had to end before the problem becomes visible or expanded due to so many kids in the class. The state with MHA is stuck in circle that hardly anyone is evolving. They remain to do their usual personality routine, like Naruto Filler where we have to be reminded many times that Naruto is an idiot or Sakura is scary when mad and hurt Naruto bad.

I dont know if youre complimenting Black Clover or not, but honestly, thats more than I can say than the two series above. Its like theyre treated as One Piece characters, only theyre not going to a different island for every arc. Still, fans can buy into these characters and their developments rather than thinking, Oh its about time. Hell, I didnt count on Noelle to be this good, even after she finally understood her power. I thought the Mangaka is just throwing a bone to shut us up. Thankfully, its not.

Its amazing how much of my first impression changed for all of them, but its more amazing when I thought the first two will be stellar while the third would be going downhill first. What a world.

So far, Black Clover is Naruto done right but I know that can easily change. Asta and Noelle is easily Narusaku and Yuno and is Sasuke the difference is that he is not emo in the slightest. Konoha 11 should have been the Black Bulls in Naruto but they never lived to their potential. I can tell people compare Mimosa and Hinata but that is a disservice to Mimosa because at least she does something in this series even though she does play damsel in distress sometimes. Honestly if it continues to go strong and ends strong this will easily surpass Naruto in my opinion.

Edited by griff142, 27 December 2018 - 06:47 PM.

#806 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 09:12 AM

Well, it seems like SP is sort of "Hinatafying" Mimosa :zaru:

Just feels like that to me even though it does make sense that Mimosa is focused alongside Asta in the upcoming arc but still I get that Hinata objectifying vibe from the ending :ermm:  

Edited by Phantom_999, 13 January 2019 - 09:14 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#807 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 02:12 PM

Well, it seems like SP is sort of "Hinatafying" Mimosa :zaru:

Just feels like that to me even though it does make sense that Mimosa is focused alongside Asta in the upcoming arc but still I get that Hinata objectifying vibe from the ending :ermm:  

#808 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

I will be your Light when you're in the Dark

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    IchiRuki (Ichigo x Rukia)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    InuKag (Inuyasha x Kagome)
    Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Akizuka (Akira x Shizuka)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 13 January 2019 - 04:42 PM

As long as they aren't embellishing/exaggerating her scenes or trying to add shipping moments in the anime that were never implied in the manga, they can do whatever they want to their ED songs.

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#809 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 04:58 PM

Yeah I know, but because they made Black Clover a constant runner now, there will be filler episodes. And with filler episodes.......... you can never be certain. :wot:  :wacko:  Especially since we are quite close to the manga now. I mean, even forgetting SP's BLASPHEMY :dry:  they did do that with Ichigo and Rukia in Bleach and I also believe they tried to somewhat give some moments in Twin Star Exorcist to the Main character and his childhood friend instead of the actual wife at first. Well regardless as long as Tabata-sensei is not an idiot that listens to any wack job that tells him how to write his story and pushing for a shipping bias instead of what is feels most natural and his intention, not to mention retcons his story to for said pairing bias we're fine and I feel that he is not doing that :thumbsup:    

Edited by Phantom_999, 14 July 2019 - 05:13 PM.

#810 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 05:26 PM

Hey now. Many people overly prefer Ichigo and Rukia over the endgame. Dont act like you always knew the other one was the real deal, unless you are a fan. Anyway, SP does this, so it is the usual.

#811 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 06:10 PM

I don't claim to know that Ichihime was endgame, nor did I actually care whom Ichigo married in the end. I just know that Ichigo recieved some shipping moments with Rukia in filler episodes where there was none in manga and thoses episodes take place in between source material.That is the topic. Shipping moments in filler episodes that seem out of place when put with manga canon. Besides I only bring Up Rukia because she got the preferential treatment in regards to "ship tease" in the filler episodes whereas Orihime's feelings were toned down or not even mentioned at times.

That said, Ichigo had development with Rukia obviously, so it was not out of place. Like I said, it didn't really matter to me

Edited by Phantom_999, 02 February 2019 - 08:51 PM.

#812 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 02:08 PM

The main arguments for those end pairings are Renji's backstory and motivations -he was Rukia's best friend for about 50-100 years, he had clear feeling for her, while she at the very least cared about him, after one comment to cheer her up led to him losing her to the nobility, and then he spent the next 50 years working his way to the top in order to get her back/be with her again-, compared to Ichigo's -I owe a debt to her for saving my family, she's a friend of mine, and this execution order that is punishment for the action she did in order to save my family is morally wrong-, the fact that one of them is dead, and that Kubo constantly said their relationship isn't romantic.

Edit: As for Black Clover; his love for the sister is clearly never going to happen, is treated by a joke, and to delay him falling in love with any other girl; since he is being faithful to the sister. Noelle is the heroine, and will likely be his love interest by the end, and any other girl that is attracted to him does get as much interactions as she does.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 14 January 2019 - 02:20 PM.

#813 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 06:36 AM

Yeah It is almot definitely Noelle since she has water Magic like Sister Lily and I think Asta told Noelle he likes her because he saw her kindness to that little girl and he remembers how Lily talking about the inequality between nobles and commoners. That was the biggest hint so far. So Im not too worried about that, I just have some PTSD about Mimosa in the new ending because THAT is how things started with the Hinata fetish wave :down:

Edited by Phantom_999, 15 January 2019 - 06:37 AM.

#814 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 10:33 AM

Yeah It is almot definitely Noelle since she has water Magic like Sister Lily and I think Asta told Noelle he likes her because he saw her kindness to that little girl and he remembers how Lily talking about the inequality between nobles and commoners. That was the biggest hint so far. So Im not too worried about that, I just have some PTSD about Mimosa in the new ending because THAT is how things started with the Hinata fetish wave :down:

The big breast plant girl? She exist and isn't a surprise that SP likes her. But she not a black bull, so she rarely around Asta, she is on Yuno's team instead, and more importantly they already pulled this crap before and look what happened. If the mangaka of Black Clover hasn't made it clear to them that Noelle is the heroine and not do what they did with Boruto and Naruto; then it his own damn fault.

#815 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 01:18 PM

Yeah I know. Hopefully that mistake is not repeated by both parties, but I highly doubt Tabata is going to be as gullible and naive as Kishi. He does seem to know what he's doing and it was already established that Noelle is the heroine. Not to mention I hope SP learnt their  lesson now that they got "a taste of medicine" when trying to pull the sme kitten they did with Naruto. I'm just preparing for the possibility, because well anything is possible as was previously established.

#816 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 18 January 2019 - 12:30 PM

New chapters out:   

https://readms.net/r...over/189/5619/1

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#817 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 12:47 PM

Yeah right I slipped  :zaru:

#818 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 12:54 PM

Love it!!

#819 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 18 January 2019 - 05:58 PM

The main arguments for those end pairings are Renji's backstory and motivations -he was Rukia's best friend for about 50-100 years, he had clear feeling for her, while she at the very least cared about him, after one comment to cheer her up led to him losing her to the nobility, and then he spent the next 50 years working his way to the top in order to get her back/be with her again-, compared to Ichigo's -I owe a debt to her for saving my family, she's a friend of mine, and this execution order that is punishment for the action she did in order to save my family is morally wrong-, the fact that one of them is dead, and that Kubo constantly said their relationship isn't romantic.

That is a remarkably slanted simplification of the backstories of two ships.

Edited by AHK, 18 January 2019 - 05:58 PM.

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#820 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 09:50 PM

That is a remarkably slanted simplification of the backstories of two ships.

But not inaccurate.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users