#2001 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 12:28 AM

QUOTE (SageNaru @ Jan 2 2012, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was actually glad that Ichigo beat Ginjo very easily. Was I the only one who felt this way?

I didn't mind Ginjou being defeated easily but his flashback got cutoff. I suppose it had something to do with Kubo's editors wanting to start a new arc after New Years.

#2002 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE (SageNaru @ Jan 3 2012, 12:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was actually glad that Ichigo beat Ginjo very easily. Was I the only one who felt this way?

What was Ginjo's power though? Seriously, all we saw from him was use Ichigo's powers as well the other partners fullbring powers, I have no idea what his own powers were, and that makes this arc more pointless than it already was.

iAnby7W.gif

#2003 peanutbutter126

peanutbutter126

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Interests:Writing fanfiction, ignoring homework, eating, sleeping, being a pig

Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:58 PM

QUOTE (harry4e @ Jan 6 2012, 06:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What was Ginjo's power though? Seriously, all we saw from him was use Ichigo's powers as well the other partners fullbring powers, I have no idea what his own powers were, and that makes this arc more pointless than it already was.

If I remember right I think it was the sword. It was his necklace (?) before, and his powers turned it into a nice big sword that can cut things. There wasn't much to Ginjo's power. The others were a lot more interesting - relative to Ginjo's that is. I think they probably didn't give Ginjo something complicated so as to not overpower him (which would've dragged this arc on even further). Either way, I'm glad we'll be getting something different soon.

#2004 SageNaru

SageNaru

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Anime/Manga and Vidya

Posted 07 January 2012 - 03:18 AM

What were Ichigo's fullbring powers? Did they explain and I just missed it or they never explained? Don't get me wrong I was curious about the
Ginjo flashback too and what the true extent of his powers were but I was still glad that Ichigo was able to beat him easily. It makes all his other battles seem meaningful.

Edited by SageNaru, 07 January 2012 - 03:18 AM.

#2005 peanutbutter126

peanutbutter126

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Interests:Writing fanfiction, ignoring homework, eating, sleeping, being a pig

Posted 07 January 2012 - 05:02 AM

QUOTE (SageNaru @ Jan 7 2012, 02:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What were Ichigo's fullbring powers? Did they explain and I just missed it or they never explained? Don't get me wrong I was curious about the
Ginjo flashback too and what the true extent of his powers were but I was still glad that Ichigo was able to beat him easily. It makes all his other battles seem meaningful.

All I remember about Ichigo is his Shinigami badge shooting out blades of... reiatsu? Blades of sharp, energy stuff. I think it eventually became some kind of armour or uniform, but I'm not sure because my memories of it are blurring together with Ichigo getting his shinigami powers back.

#2006 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 04:07 PM

QUOTE (peanutbutter126 @ Jan 5 2012, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If I remember right I think it was the sword. It was his necklace (?) before, and his powers turned it into a nice big sword that can cut things. There wasn't much to Ginjo's power. The others were a lot more interesting - relative to Ginjo's that is. I think they probably didn't give Ginjo something complicated so as to not overpower him (which would've dragged this arc on even further). Either way, I'm glad we'll be getting something different soon.

Yeah but he's a shinigami so you expect him to have a sword, I think his fullbring power was to give and take other peoples fullbring powers, as he showed with him stealing Ichigo's power using the sword, as well as taking part of the the powers from other fullbring users. I was wondering what his Shinigami powers were, as he was not shown to have any, though maybe that was his Shinigami powers as well, It was like the Sharingan, it can copy other peoples jutsus.

iAnby7W.gif

#2007 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:27 PM

Chapter 479 is out: http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/479

So Riruka, the only really interesting character of the fullbringers is forever gone? Talking about an arc that feels totaly pointless...

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#2008 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:42 PM

QUOTE (alexander @ Jan 11 2012, 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Chapter 479 is out: http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/479

So Riruka, the only really interesting character of the fullbringers is forever gone? Talking about an arc that feels totaly pointless...

I hope not. I like her. sad.gif

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#2009 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:42 PM

No, she's just simply wandering around for now. She'll probably come back in future arcs.

That aside, the vizards have retaken their rightful positions, and it's a bit of a shame only Soi Fon was the last one to be shown to have a new look. Like her slightly longer hair. It looks very ethnic Chinese compared to Pre-Timeskip.

I almost forgot, I wonder what Love is doing, did he take over Iba's position?? should be interesting to find out later.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#2010 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:56 PM

I was proud of Ichigo this chapter, standing up to the old man. I also liked Ukitake and Shunsui taking about how he had grown up.

Daw, Riruka. I hope she comes back into the story again sometime. Her farewell was very sad... I like that she felt she had made a connection to Ichigo, Orihime, and Chad.

Gah, how am I going to survive 3 weeks without bleach?! I'm so excited about a new arc >.<

#2011 peanutbutter126

peanutbutter126

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:13 AM

Well, now we know what happened to the Vizards. Or some of them, anyway. I didn't expect it (maybe because I kinda forgot about them sweatdrop.gif) but it's a nice detail. So who are captains now? I'm starting to lose count.

Would also like to see Riruka more, though I think that's all her development done so the most she'll contribute to is either some quick assistance in a fight, or just bumping into someone. I quite liked Riruka D:

#2012 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:58 AM

So Kubo's taking three weeks off, eh? I hope it's just because he needs a break, and not because he doesn't know what his next arc is gonna be. It's great and all that that he's willing to accommodate his fans as the manga moves forward, but I'd like to think he has some idea of where he's headed. I know he's mentioned wanting to bring the Royal Guard into the plot, but I'm not sure if he wants to introduce that plot point right away or near the conclusion of the manga.

Of course, if he is looking for inspiration, maybe now would be the time for me to spam his inbox with Grimmjow AMV's. Hint, hint. whistling.gif

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#2013 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:08 AM

^ He has mentioned before that he intended to do a Isshin backstory arc sometime after the Arrancar arc and a following (at the time unnamed) arc. Since we just finished another arc it might be that he is preparing for that. But, I guess we just have to try and be patient and find out in 3 weeks >.<

#2014 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:26 AM

Ooh, I'd enjoy an Isshin backstory. I've been curious about that for a while. So many unanswered questions with him.

Looking back, I think he also mentioned interest in revealing Yachiru's namesake at some point. I wonder if that could comprise a whole arc, or just a side-plot. For some reason, I have tough time imagining an entire arc centered around Kenpachi or Yachiru, seeing how often they're used as comic reliefs (or just for ludicrous displays of badassery in Kenpachi's case tongue.gif ).
I guess I wouldn't mind it, though. Kenpachi's fight was sinfully short in this last arc.

#2015 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:58 PM

Kubo's messin with us. dry.gif You mean to say that arc was for NOTHING!? wot.gif well actually too early to tell so I'll wait a bit more.

Edited by Phantom_999, 12 January 2012 - 10:58 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#2016 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 02:09 AM

Good chapter Ichigo is a true bro.

#2017 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 07:04 PM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Jan 12 2012, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kubo's messin with us. dry.gif You mean to say that arc was for NOTHING!? wot.gif well actually too early to tell so I'll wait a bit more.

The Arc served the purpose of Introducing even more charactors that may or may not make a reppearence, a possible avenue for Kubo to explore if he plans another timeskip, (If he plans to continue this for another decade may need to do that)and ofcourse for Ichigo to not only get another power-up but to regain his power in the first place.

iAnby7W.gif

#2018 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 08:32 PM

Found something about the next three weeks:

BLEACH特別企画!!

3週連続で「BLEACH」の謎を追究!!第1弾は作品に秘められた裏テーマや、失われた17ヶ月の護廷十三隊に迫る!!

Special Bleach. 3 consecutive weeks. First installment is myterious undisolved theme: Gotei in 17 months.

So we won’t have regular chapters but we’ll have a special bits on SS. They don’t call it a chapter so my guess is it’s a mini-series like in omake.

#2019 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:02 AM

QUOTE (Miss Soupy @ Jan 15 2012, 02:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Found something about the next three weeks:

BLEACH特別企画!!

3週連続で「BLEACH」の謎を追究!!第1弾は作品に秘められた裏テーマや、失われた17ヶ月の護廷十三隊に迫る!!

Special Bleach. 3 consecutive weeks. First installment is myterious undisolved theme: Gotei in 17 months.

So we won’t have regular chapters but we’ll have a special bits on SS. They don’t call it a chapter so my guess is it’s a mini-series like in omake.

This could be interesting, seeing Rukia and the Vizords promotion and hopefully some other information.

Edited by Dreamer, 16 January 2012 - 05:03 AM.

#2020 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:51 PM

I'm a little late in realizing this, but does the Ichigo/Ginjou fight mark the first time Ichigo's killed an opponent in the canon, other than mindless Hollows? He didn't kill any of his Shinigami opponents during the Soul Society Arc, he made sure Dordonii and Grimmjow survived his fights with them, and Aizen was sealed away with Kisuke's Super Duper Sealing Thing and thrown in prison. Ulquiorra might count as an opponent he killed, but it seemed to me like he "died" before Ichigo had a chance to defeat him with his own power, and not his inner Hollow's.
It just seems to me like Ichigo killing Ginjou should be a big deal, considering he's a fellow human and Ichigo's never killed anyone prior to this on his own, but no one really seemed to mention it. Is it because it was drowned out by Ichigo saving Ginjou metaphorically (which I still don't understand to be honest), or did I miss something in how Ginjou died?

Just thought that was curious.

Edited by Boom...Winning, 17 January 2012 - 10:53 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users