#1 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Boku no Hero Academia is better than Naruto

Posted 31 July 2015 - 08:01 PM

Hell on Earth is coming and we need to prepare. 

http://www.tracking-...gracey-helming/ 

Seriously, genuine question: Why is it that whenever Hollywood adapts comic books into movies they're always box office hits, yet whenever they remake video games or anime it's always a failure? The last great hollywood movie about a game was Mortal Kombat, and that was in the 90's. Plus I think Michael Bay would do quite a good movie version of Attack on Titan...

Well anyway, I hope this movie fails and never happens. 

Squad Roll call :

tumblr_ngv9unJacL1qhmbkio1_r1_500.png

#2 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 31 July 2015 - 08:26 PM

Keep in mind, Bleach, Akira and Cowboy Bebop are supposedly in line for adaptations, and have yet to materialize. I doubt we see this come to fruition, it's mostly likely destined for development hell. I would get a kick out of the attempt though.

\

#3 TheFlash

TheFlash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 08:43 PM

DB evolution equals Naruto live action. I have not once seen a good Hollywood adaptation of manga\anime. I'm just hoping Death Note really does happen and it will or at least be close to what I expect.

tumblr_n45nt0asf91t4e7bbo2_400.gif

#4 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 08:44 PM

Oh good, a nice new way to add bricks to the tomb of the franchise. I love you Lionsgate, may your movie suck so bad, we will take a look at DB Evolution and say. "Hey, that's actually a pretty decent film."

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#5 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 12:42 AM

Seriously, genuine question: Why is it that whenever Hollywood adapts comic books into movies they're always box office hits, yet whenever they remake video games or anime it's always a failure? The last great hollywood movie about a game was Mortal Kombat, and that was in the 90's. Plus I think Michael Bay would do quite a good movie version of Attack on Titan...

Not all Hollywood comic adaptation movie always success. Before x men movie, all good comic adaptation movie come from superman and batman.

The good video game movie exist, it is resident evil.

Michael bay will destroy AoT and will make it's all about explosion, hot chick, and ghetto joke.

#6 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 03:30 AM

Not all Hollywood comic adaptation movie always success. Before x men movie, all good comic adaptation movie come from superman and batman.

The good video game movie exist, it is resident evil.

Michael bay will destroy AoT and will make it's all about explosion, hot chick, and ghetto joke.

I'm laughing because it's true.  :cry:

Well then let's give AoT to the guy who made Titanic and Avatar. Idk, but for some reason I think AoT would be the PERFECT anime to get a Hollywood edition. 

Squad Roll call :

#7 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 04:21 AM

Well then let's give AoT to the guy who made Titanic and Avatar. Idk, but for some reason I think AoT would be the PERFECT anime to get a Hollywood edition. 

He will make hot titanic night between eren and mikasa :fu:
Oh and mikasa will bring down Titan queen with a flamer, if it not enough an unstoppable robot Titan from the future will come to kill her, because her son will stop Titan to rule the world.

#8 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 04:54 AM

He will make hot titanic night between eren and mikasa :fu:
Oh and mikasa will bring down Titan queen with a flamer, if it not enough an unstoppable robot Titan from the future will come to kill her, because her son will stop Titan to rule the world.

Lmaooo you're making me laugh!! This is exactly why he should remake AoT. XD

Squad Roll call :

#9 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 06:17 PM

considering the last is made for hollywood this will be as bad.

ナルサク

#10 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 01 August 2015 - 08:14 PM

Well, it actually took a lot of experimentation and writers who legitimately care about the property to get to what we can consider to be golden age in comic-book movie films. When you think about it, prior to the year 2000, there were maybe three films that could be considered great, Superman 1-2 and Batman. Other than that, it wasn't that popular of a genre and the movies were often average at best.

The three other Batman movies from the 90s were poor to mediocre, Superman 3-4 were below average. Besides that, what was there, a bad Fantastic Four film, a bad Captain America film, a bad Judge Dredd movie. Heck even after the 2000s started with good movies like X-Men and the first Spider-Man, Hollywood still hadn't figured it all out. Comic-book/Super hero movies didn't start becoming great on a regular basis until Nolan took over Batman and the Marvel resurgence occurred. 

So with that, look at how long comic book characters have been around. The Avengers, arguably one of the best super hero movies around, was based on a comic that came out in the 60s, it didn't get made into a movie until 2012. Batman first appeared in comics in the 30s and didn't get a good movie until the late 80s and didn't get a great movie until 2008.

My point is, it takes time to develop a genre and make it into a marketable power house. It takes the people who grew up with that source material and understand the culture to get to the point where they can take the reigns away from the standard producers who just want to use the name of a franchise and hire whatever director to throw a movie into theaters.

That's what happened with super hero/comic book movies, but it took a long time. I see the same thing happening with video games/anime. Video games picked up in the 80s and anime just started getting introduced to Americans during that decade, too. Both mediums have plenty of good stuff to choose from, but like I said, it will take a while before the properties actually get somewhere. I do think a big measuring stick will be the upcoming Warcraft movie, which will tell whether video games have hit that mark yet or not.

Now, as to Naruto being made into a live action, I think there's going to be a lot of liberties taken to make it work. Hiring young teen actors to play basically soldiers prepared to kill and fight with giant toads and slugs. It's going to be a hard sell whichever way you slice it. In the end, it doesn't really matter what they do, though, since we all know the downward spiral the series already went. If the movie sticks to the source material, it's going to be terrible.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#11 sakuraxuzumaki

sakuraxuzumaki

Strength of a Hundred Seal

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku, Sailor Moon, SnK, Bleach, Wolfs Rain, GoT, LOTR, NANA, shopping, tea, talking, and making friends

Posted 02 August 2015 - 05:20 PM

I really hope this movie flops,
It's better to disappoint the possible new fans than have them get into it and get disappointed years after >_>

🌸🍜 "I leave my son in your care"- Minato 🍜🌸

ma8n4l.jpg

#12 sakuraxuzumaki

sakuraxuzumaki

Strength of a Hundred Seal

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku, Sailor Moon, SnK, Bleach, Wolfs Rain, GoT, LOTR, NANA, shopping, tea, talking, and making friends

Posted 02 August 2015 - 05:23 PM

James Cameron is too lovey Dovey and graphic violence isn't his take,
Christopher Nolan, who directed The Dark Knight would be awesome for AoT

🌸🍜 "I leave my son in your care"- Minato 🍜🌸

ma8n4l.jpg

#13 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 06:00 PM

James Cameron is too lovey Dovey and graphic violence isn't his take,
Christopher Nolan, who directed The Dark Knight would be awesome for AoT

I don't know about Nolan. AoT and a lot of other anime take place in a more fantasy setting and Nolan has always been a director that keeps his movies grounded in reality. He even was skeptical about having the bat-grappling hook in the Dark Knight movies and told his crew that he would only include it in the series if it could make sense practically. Another take away from Nolan's films, Bane wasn't on Venom and the Joker didn't fall into acid and have his skin bleached. While Nolan could give the movies a lot of integrity, I think the source material would have to be much more grounded in reality.

As for some guys who could take on an anime project and likely make it successful, my options would be

• JJ Abrams, I know we haven't seen Star Wars yet, but Abrams seems like a guy who knows how to respect source material and make intelligent films from them
  • Matthew Vaughn, director of X-Men First Class, Kick-Ass and Kingsmen: Secret Service. His resume speaks for himself, Vaughn knows how to take a source material and not only make smart movies with it, but make it fun, too.
  • Anthony and Joe Russo, these two are in charge of the next two Avengers movie and directed the awesome Captain America Winter Soldier. I think a property would be good in their hands.

On another note, I think to start introducing live action anime adaptions here in the States, they may have to be subdued a bit in their content. Some that I think could work are:

• Samurai Champloo, two warriors forced into a deal to protect a girl on a journey
  • Death Note, somewhat of a fantasy angle, but it could work as a good crime drama
  • Rurouni Kenshin, a warrior who swears to not kill again but conflicts drag him back into fighting
  • Full Metal Panic, a bit of a stretch but a young soldier has to protect a girl from a group of terrorists. It could work.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#14 Radra

Radra

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 12:23 PM

Ugh... an obvious cash grab like that kitten dbz movie.

Prepare for Brunette or Blond  Sakura cuz "pink hair isn't natural"  :zaru:

#15 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • Interests:DBZ, naruto, pokemon, digimon, one piece, megaman, sonic, legend of zelda, yugioh,gurren lagann, transformers, kingdom hearts, yuyu hakusho, sword art online, tmnt, gundam.

Posted 03 August 2015 - 12:49 PM

Ugh... an obvious cash grab like that kitten dbz movie.

Prepare for Brunette or Blond  Sakura cuz "pink hair isn't natural"  :zaru:

http://www.kanzenshu...ball-evolution/

akira toriyama doesn't even like to call it a dragon ball movie, or anything related to dragon ball,he flat out hates it, so maybe we call it high school dragon or some other dumb name, any ideas? xD

tumblr_mba4mg4Ip61ryf7dio1_r1_500.gif

#16 Sakurafan1

Sakurafan1

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 11:35 PM

I don't know about Nolan. AoT and a lot of other anime take place in a more fantasy setting and Nolan has always been a director that keeps his movies grounded in reality. He even was skeptical about having the bat-grappling hook in the Dark Knight movies and told his crew that he would only include it in the series if it could make sense practically. Another take away from Nolan's films, Bane wasn't on Venom and the Joker didn't fall into acid and have his skin bleached. While Nolan could give the movies a lot of integrity, I think the source material would have to be much more grounded in reality.

As for some guys who could take on an anime project and likely make it successful, my options would be

• JJ Abrams, I know we haven't seen Star Wars yet, but Abrams seems like a guy who knows how to respect source material and make intelligent films from them
  • Matthew Vaughn, director of X-Men First Class, Kick-Ass and Kingsmen: Secret Service. His resume speaks for himself, Vaughn knows how to take a source material and not only make smart movies with it, but make it fun, too.
  • Anthony and Joe Russo, these two are in charge of the next two Avengers movie and directed the awesome Captain America Winter Soldier. I think a property would be good in their hands.

On another note, I think to start introducing live action anime adaptions here in the States, they may have to be subdued a bit in their content. Some that I think could work are:

• Samurai Champloo, two warriors forced into a deal to protect a girl on a journey
  • Death Note, somewhat of a fantasy angle, but it could work as a good crime drama
  • Rurouni Kenshin, a warrior who swears to not kill again but conflicts drag him back into fighting
  • Full Metal Panic, a bit of a stretch but a young soldier has to protect a girl from a group of terrorists. It could work.

Death Note has had a live action movie along with a couple of sequels. It happened a few years back in 2006. I thought they were well made.

Death Note live action movie:https://www.youtube....h?v=wp6_6eNoQD4

Death Note 2: The Last name:https://www.youtube....h?v=8JCyy_yCpAU

L: Change the world:https://www.youtube....h?v=ahmPOpyFjpQ

Edited by Sakurafan1, 03 August 2015 - 11:40 PM.

#17 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 02:19 AM

Death Note has had a live action movie along with a couple of sequels. It happened a few years back in 2006. I thought they were well made.

Death Note live action movie:https://www.youtube....h?v=wp6_6eNoQD4

Death Note 2: The Last name:https://www.youtube....h?v=8JCyy_yCpAU

L: Change the world:https://www.youtube....h?v=ahmPOpyFjpQ

Those weren't made by Hollywood though.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users