21 replies to this topic

#1 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 07:05 AM

Sorry I didn't know whether to put this in the "arts and entertainment" section because of film or here because its sort of relevant pairing wise. Feel free to move it if it doesn't belong. 

We all know there's no company that likes pairings more than Disney (they've been doing it since the 30's) Out of all them which are your favorite or which pairing did you atleast think they did really well. 

eh10ut.jpg

#2 Branden

Branden

The man who's going to save the world.

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 07:51 AM

I haven't seen any Disney films in a while but Bambi and Faline were the first ones to pop into my head.

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

"This hat means a lot to me. Promise me you'll give it back someday...

when you've become a great pirate." -Shanks

#3 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 07:52 AM

Well, depends what you call a "Disney Pairing."  I mean, Tarzan and Jane were a pairing for Edgar Rice Burroughs long before the Disney movie; I like them as a pairing, but then I liked them as a pairing before the Disney movie came out.  Same goes for John Carter and Dejah Thoris.

Of the (more-or-less) original to Disney characters, I like Goliath and Elisa a lot.  Of course, that was developed before Disney decided to take control of one of its top television titles from one of their subsidiary studios, fire all the writing staff, and dumb it down to the point they had to cancel it by the end of the season.  And Carl and Ellie were great in Up... shame she died in the first act, but then honoring her death was the whole plot of the movie.  Kita and Milo from Atlantis, I suppose.  Erm... Wall-E and EVA?  Hm... drawing a blank on who else might be included here, here.

Honestly, Dreamworks does the "Disney Couple" thing, too, and did it better on at least three occasions I can think of: Shrek and Fiona (Shrek; honestly, my least favorite of these three, but supposedly the best known), Hiccup and Astrid (How To Train Your Dragon; I like Astrid better than her counterpart in the books (Kamikaze) anyway, and HTTYD is one of those rare examples of the movie being better than the book), and the oft forgotten Sinbad and Marina (Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas; good movie for its type, but woefully under-promoted).

Edited by desaix, 30 August 2014 - 07:54 AM.

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

#4 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku playing video games watching Pokemon XY talking to other NS fans

Posted 30 August 2014 - 12:23 PM

It would be Kim Possible and Ron Stoppable

#5 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 30 August 2014 - 12:29 PM

It would be Kim Possible and Ron Stoppable

Great answer. RonxKim is great.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#6 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 30 August 2014 - 12:34 PM

Sora X Kairi.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#7 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku playing video games watching Pokemon XY talking to other NS fans

Posted 30 August 2014 - 01:12 PM

Great answer. RonxKim is great.

I always had a feeling that both Kim and Ron would be more than just friends.

#8 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 01:24 PM

Well, depends what you call a "Disney Pairing."  I mean, Tarzan and Jane were a pairing for Edgar Rice Burroughs long before the Disney movie; I like them as a pairing, but then I liked them as a pairing before the Disney movie came out.  Same goes for John Carter and Dejah Thoris.

Of the (more-or-less) original to Disney characters, I like Goliath and Elisa a lot.  Of course, that was developed before Disney decided to take control of one of its top television titles from one of their subsidiary studios, fire all the writing staff, and dumb it down to the point they had to cancel it by the end of the season.  And Carl and Ellie were great in Up... shame she died in the first act, but then honoring her death was the whole plot of the movie.  Kita and Milo from Atlantis, I suppose.  Erm... Wall-E and EVA?  Hm... drawing a blank on who else might be included here, here.

Honestly, Dreamworks does the "Disney Couple" thing, too, and did it better on at least three occasions I can think of: Shrek and Fiona (Shrek; honestly, my least favorite of these three, but supposedly the best known), Hiccup and Astrid (How To Train Your Dragon; I like Astrid better than her counterpart in the books (Kamikaze) anyway, and HTTYD is one of those rare examples of the movie being better than the book), and the oft forgotten Sinbad and Marina (Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas; good movie for its type, but woefully under-promoted).

Yeah, I prefer Dreamworks over Disney nowadays.

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#9 KeikoxYusuke

KeikoxYusuke

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 02:18 PM

I always had a feeling that both Kim and Ron would be more than just friends.

have you seen the final movie with those two? When the stopped the series, and had the final movie, they became a couple, it was a very snippy movie, complete with her falling for the wrong guy at first, and Ron realizing he had more then friendship feelings for Kim...man, that ship is a lot like Narusaku now that I think about it, o.O

Anybody have a clip of that movie when those two kissed? I don't know how to add videos to the forum..^^;;

Anyway, yeah, that's my pairing of choice too! :D

narusaku_opening_12_by_toastywarrior-d5i

#10 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 02:55 PM

have you seen the final movie with those two? When the stopped the series, and had the final movie, they became a couple, it was a very snippy movie, complete with her falling for the wrong guy at first, and Ron realizing he had more then friendship feelings for Kim...man, that ship is a lot like Narusaku now that I think about it, o.O

Anybody have a clip of that movie when those two kissed? I don't know how to add videos to the forum..^^;;

Edited by luffyq1, 30 August 2014 - 02:56 PM.

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#11 Sedna

Sedna

Nostalgic

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts
  • Interests:Birds.

Posted 30 August 2014 - 06:11 PM

I really like Jasmine x Alladin (Forgot how to spell it)

#12 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 08:19 PM

Yeah, I prefer Dreamworks over Disney nowadays.

of course you do  heh

tumblr_inline_o0t4b3AHI71txjvtf_500.gif

#13 NaruSakuNo1Fan

NaruSakuNo1Fan

Kanto's Champion

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Interests:Naruto (and, by definition, NaruSaku xD), SAO, Kaichou-Wa Maid Sama- USUI ILY, Pokémon, eating, sleeping, Watashi Ni xx Shinasai and a whole ton of other mangas :) I like sitting in bed on the internet, popping bubble wrap, making fart noises, and singing karaoke with my best friend. Basically, I just love being a pale, nerdy, lazy, permanently sleepy, grumpy otaku. :P

Favorite weird ship?

Mavis x Laxus. Duh.

Posted 31 August 2014 - 02:22 AM

hm...

Probably Mulan x Shang. 

tumblr_m7uazqs0XX1r3x5mjo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mhxejme4eV1rqtodgo1_500.jpg

ccd12599cc3b9989c9313dd75ad6c41f.jpg

They're too cute   :P

Edited by NaruSakuNo1Fan, 31 August 2014 - 02:33 AM.

a3ly5_zpsac167236.gif

Anji-chan loves NaruSaku <3   :w00t: 

Sharingan is red

Rasengan is blue
If you won't be my valentine I’ll Chidori you~

#14 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 02:34 AM

Movie? Please show me the link?

#15 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 31 August 2014 - 03:01 AM

Disney pairings? Hmmm ... let's see.

*digs into my brain for the childhood memories*

Simba x Nala

Tod x Vixey (Fox & the Hound)

Bambi x Faline

Aladdin x Jasmine

Pocahontas x John Smith

Ron x Kim (Kim Possible)

Mulan x Shang

Kovu x Kiara

Tarzan x Jane

Tiana x Naveen (Princess & the Frog)

Meg x Hercules

Cody x Bailey (Suite Life on Deck)

Zack x Maddie (Suite Life of Zack & Cody)

Miley x Jake (Hannah Montana)

and more recently:

Anna x Kristoff (Frozen)

There's probably more but these are all I can remember so they're probably the most important.

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#16 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 11:48 PM

Raven X Eddie!!!!! :P It was only for one episode but I liked it!!! I only quetion why they broke up with Devon and Chantel off screen. Raven, my all time favorite live action disney series, then the suite life and wizards of waverly place.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#17 BooChans

BooChans

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
  • Interests:Drawing and VolleyBall

Posted 08 September 2014 - 11:57 PM

Captain Jack Sparrow and his Rum! XD

#18 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Location:What does that even mean? My 'location' changes all the time...
  • Interests:NaruSaku, SasuNaru, SasuHina, Sakura, Naruto, Hinata, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Kakashi, Madara (especially when he's badass xD), Hashirama's laugh <3, forums, debating about random s**t, bananas, lemons, the color yellow, the number 29, people cheating on other people, people killing themselves, the power of bonds and s**t, anime, manga, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Bleach, Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Death Note, Yu-Gi-Oh, and much more, chibis, drawing, dogs, cats, frogs, angst, tragedy, fluff, music, punk rock, piano, dubstep, trance, Avril Lavigne, OneRepublic, Ed Sheeran, Paramore, monsters, zombies, vampires, demons, violence, sex, supernatural s**t, food, fat people, anorexic people, Dora the Explorer, and Barney the mother-effing dinosaur. :)

Posted 09 September 2014 - 03:34 AM

I really don't like Disney pairings...

But I do like Ariel's story.

tumblr_inline_miqmooGYSM1qz4rgp.gif

Why do people NOT ship these two? I just don't get it.

Probably cause they hate Sakura. When she's probably the most developed female character in the whole show.

I respect Hinata, but Sakura deserves some too.

#19 Rabbit

Rabbit

Pappaparapappapa

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,600 posts
  • Interests:Being peculiar. Travelling around the world. Shoujo manga. Obsessed with cats. Jelly beans. NicoNico. SPLATOON. Honeyworks.

Posted 09 September 2014 - 03:45 AM

Belle and the Beast

Mulan and Shang

Ariel ad Prince Eric

Aladdin and Jasmine

Shall we skate?❄❄

5a8024b87c1bc97de775cb6fa0967ff9.gif

#20 Paul Blowfish

Paul Blowfish

Kirsten

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Interests:my interests? well, they are ever evolving as life goes on.

Posted 14 September 2014 - 06:32 PM

KristoffXAnna, I can't think of anything else.
rsz_photo_1_zps7fb3fb6d.jpg

do you wanna build a snowman?  
{ i would love to meet you! }

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users