90 replies to this topic

#1 Otaru

Otaru

絶対 負けない

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,489 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:53 AM

I was thinking... Naruto will confess to her. It's obvious.

I had never thought of this until Sai got involved, because Naruto was so selfless I had always thought that he would never told her.

But Sai got involved.

un.jpg

The way Sakura is shown here, going away... to me, it's made like this to make the readers ache for Naruto to tell her. While reading this, we can't help but feel that she's away from Naruto, and that he looks at her from afar. And we can't help but want him to confess to her.

I think Naruto's response to Sai is even more going in this way.

deux.jpg

His response shows without any doubt that he WANTS to tell her, but he thinks he can't. He still thinks he's not worth it. He still thinks he's not good enough.
That again is, in my opinion, all made to make the readers want him to confess.

This is a shōnen.
In a shōnen, the hero is supposed to grow, and to gain power and recognition. And he is also supposed to get the girl. This is part of the challenge. This is part of the struggle.

In this panel, Naruto is shown, watching Sakura fading away. I think this is made, again, for us to feel ache and badly want Naruto to confess to her. In this panel, we're set to feel what Naruto feels. This is such a sad panel... and yet, this is a forshadowing panel. What would be the need to show this if it wasn't to show Naruto confess to her later ?

Some will tell me it was only to make Sai to tell her.
Partly yes, maybe.

Sai was deeply touched by Naruto's feelings, just as we are. And Sai went directly to Sakura, and told her the truth. Back then, I was so excited... I will be honest here, that was something I really wanted without even have thought of it.

trois.jpg

I remember some fans said that Sai was angry at her. I have to disagree. I think he was overwhelmed by the empathy feelings he had about Naruto's suffering, and I think he let it out when he told her about Naruto. It's true he told her she was part of Naruto's suffering,but i don't think Sai was really angry at Sakura. He was just angry about the situation.

Some fans are saying that the fact Sai told her the truth about Naruto's feelings is the end of NaruSaku, and they are thinking because of that Naruto would never told her about his feelings, but I think this isn't true. I think it was necessary for her to know at that time, for the plot. I think Kishimoto wanted to ease a little Naruto and Sakura of this old promise, because it was a too heavy weight on their relation and it was blocking everything. Maybe i'm wrong, maybe it was only to trigger Sakura to go kill Sasuke... or maybe both things. But i'm sure it was necessary at that precise time, and that's why Kishimoto involved Sai in it.

But to me, even if Sai already told her, Naruto will tell her some day. Because it as been made really important with those panels. The emphasis of all this is great. Kishimoto can't go without a resolve of all this.

I'm sure Naruto will tell her how he feels.

What do you think ?

Edited by Otaru, 19 July 2014 - 12:27 PM.

sakurachansmallerbetter.jpg

#2 Fairy Tail Fantard

Fairy Tail Fantard

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Interests:I'm a pilot, so I spend most of my time in the air.

Interests: Keeping my plane in the air and NOT slapping smack dab into a mountain somewhere. Writing, watching anime, reading, playing video games, and exercising are a few more of my interests as well.

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:56 AM

I think this is actually 100% correct. This part alone is what probably turned me to NS more than anything.

664086690_1145760.gif

#3 deviouslyChaotic

deviouslyChaotic

Alex Turner turners me on

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Interests:sleep.

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:03 AM

Wow, I completely agree with this!

I believe that Sakura needs to do something for Naruto (it doesn't have to be major) that will give him a sign or hint of some sort of her having genuine feelings for him. Upon realizing this, I then believe he will finally have the guts to confess. However, there are a number of ways it can play out. One thing is for sure though; he WILL confess to her sooner or later!

tumblr_n963zefXMR1rab3jho5_r1_500.gif

"Suck it and see."

#4 Otaru

Otaru

絶対 負けない

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,489 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:36 AM

Wow, I completely agree with this!

I believe that Sakura needs to do something for Naruto (it doesn't have to be major) that will give him a sign or hint of some sort of her having genuine feelings for him. Upon realizing this, I then believe he will finally have the guts to confess. However, there are a number of ways it can play out. One thing is for sure though; he WILL confess to her sooner or later!

Maybe this will be something Sakura will do that will trigger it... but to me, it's more possible that Naruto would confess to her by risking his life for her, at a time he would be really badly injured. That would be totally Kishimoto's style don't you think ?

Edited by Otaru, 15 September 2013 - 11:36 AM.

sakurachansmallerbetter.jpg

#5 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:05 PM

Obito did the same thing, the problem is that Naruto's sefless actions also hold him back, i think he really wants to confess to her but there's a different between he wants to confess to he will confess.

If he keep thinking that she loves Sasuke(and he's the only one that makes her happy like his flashbacks suggests) then forget about Naruto confessing to her, i believe the reason why Sai told her about Naruto's feelings is because she needed to know it for her development, she needed to start viewing Naruto as a lover something that she didnt viewed him, people can argue posting panels where she shows some blushing towards Naruto but the difference is on this scene it was serious and for real, Naruto can confess but doesnt have the same impact if she doesnt knew about it.

I believe it's up to Sakura and she will talk with Naruto.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 15 September 2013 - 04:06 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#6 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:19 PM

^I think the fact that Obito never got to tell Rin how he felt directly before he "died" and before she died actually support Naruto confessing to Sakura.

Naruto is a parallel to Obito and is supposed to surpass the previous generation.  I don't think that Kishimoto made Obito's love for Rin so similar to Naruto's love for Sakura just to be lazy or as a coincidence.  So I think where Obito couldn't protect Rin from being killed, Naruto was able to protect Sakura from Sasuke's chidori, and where Obito failed to confess to Rin, Naruto will be able to.

If Naruto heard the full story, I could see him thinking on it afterwards, and then deciding to tell Sakura, especially if:

1.  Naruto thinks that he might not make it back from his fight with Sasuke/final battle of the war; and/or

2.  Sakura starts saying things about how she's not doing enough to help Naruto, or something else that compels Naruto to tell her how important she is to him which leads to him confessing to her.

Either way, I agree with OP.  I think Sai's flashback really does indicate that Naruto is going to confess to Sakura by manga's end.

0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#7 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:30 PM

@Paptala, I hadn't really thought of that, for Obito to end up acting as a catalyst of sorts to push Naruto's feeling for Sakura. I like that idea of Obito/Rin possibly having a purpose beyond just being a parallel and actually having a direct effect on the NaruSaku pairing like that.

#8 Question22

Question22

TNJ master

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Interests:Love to read manga , like to read fanfictions too

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:45 PM

If Naruto wants to confess first

Sakura has to deal  her feelings with Sasuke

like in actions (your actions speak louder than words)   she doesnt love him anymore , or something like that

Naruto will understand that she doesnt love Sasuke anymore

Then Naruto has the chance to confess to her 

Edited by Question22, 15 September 2013 - 08:48 PM.

Our ship has maybe sank but our memories of debate , struggling , defending ... will stay in our hearths

-Question22

#9 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:50 PM

If Naruto wants to confess first

Sakura has to deal  her feelings with Sasuke

like in actions in show she doesnt love him anymore , or something like that

Naruto will understand that she doesnt love Sasuke anymore

Then Naruto has the chance to confess to her 

That's what I said though Naruto don't need to know that she's done with Sasuke or at least before his time of confession. Remember, his blockage is not Sasuke, it's rather how he feels unworthy for her. That said I still want Sakura to drop Sasuke before confession. If still has feelings, the confession will come out shaky for Sakura and she will think about it. Dropping it, the confession will be 100% success, I'm not kidding.

#10 Question22

Question22

TNJ master

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Interests:Love to read manga , like to read fanfictions too

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:19 PM

Naruto's confession will make sakura realise who she is in love it once she thinks about it

Sakura just needs to wake up and realise who shes in love with Naruto's confession is more likely to make her realise ;)

Edited by Question22, 15 September 2013 - 09:22 PM.

Our ship has maybe sank but our memories of debate , struggling , defending ... will stay in our hearths

-Question22

#11 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:39 PM

Naruto's confession will make sakura realise who she is in love it once she thinks about it

Sakura just needs to wake up and realise who shes in love with Naruto's confession is more likely to make her realise ;)

Hard to say. She can realize before the confession.

#12 mmrc27

mmrc27

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Interests:reading books and manga, watching anime, writing my own fictional story based on anime, and study :)

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:01 PM

sure he will, after all the problems are done. :)

#13 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:16 PM

This is why i dont want Naruto to confess just because of it, what's the purpose of this?

Just him confess and then magically she loves him, it's like saying that all the development they went though doesnt matter because all Naruto needs is to confess.

The Sai panel or whatever tells this, Naruto may confess to Sakura but on  proposal form that demands an answer, it's blatantly obvious unless if Sakura does it first but it wont have any impact like "she will realize " or any of similar bs because this already happened.

Sai told Sakura that Naruto love her  and she realized this and still wasnt in love with him, because she still needed to confront Sasuke and also missed and impactfull moment.

That's why a Naruto's confession doesnt make sense if it's to make her realize she loves him, because Naruto confession wont give development it's a proposal, will she accept Naruto's feelings or reject him, it's not a confession or a declaration of love like Hinata's or Sakura's it's more like a proposal, I love you Sakura, yadda yadda nd then you want to be my girlfriend?

Instead of "hey Sakura i love you and yadda yadda i gave you one full week to think about it"

I hate people saying "Naruto will confess and then she will realize who she truly loves" wtf is this?

It turns the whole NS development into nothing.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 15 September 2013 - 10:25 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#14 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:21 PM

I was thinking... Naruto will confess to her. It's obvious.

I had never thought of this until Sai got involved, because Naruto was so selfless I had always thought that he would never told her.

But Sai got involved.

un.jpg

The way Sakura is shown here, going away... to me, it's made like this to make the readers ache for Naruto to tell her. While reading this, we can't help but feel that she's away from Naruto, and that he looks at her from afar. And we can't help but want him to confess to her.

I think Naruto's response to Sai is even more going in this way.

deux.jpg

His response shows without any doubt that he WANTS to tell her, but he thinks he can't. He still thinks he's not worth it. He still thinks he's not good enough.

That again is, in my opinion, all made to make the readers want him to confess.

This is a shōnen.

In a shōnen, the hero is supposed to grow, and to gain power and recognition. And he is also supposed to get the girl. This is part of the challenge. This is part of the struggle.

In this panel, Naruto is shown, watching Sakura fading away. I think this is made, again, for us to feel ache and badly want Naruto to confess to her. In this panel, we're set to feel what Naruto feels. This is such a sad panel... and yet, this is a forshadowing panel. What would be the need to show this if it wasn't to show Naruto confess to her later ?

Some will tell me it was only to make Sai to tell her.

Partly yes, maybe.

Sai was deeply touched by Naruto's feelings, just as we are. And Sai went directly to Sakura, and told her the truth. Back then, I was so excited... I will be honest here, that was something I really wanted without even have thought of it.

trois.jpg

I remember some fans said that Sai was angry at her. I have to disagree. I think he was overwhelmed by the empathy feelings he had about Naruto's suffering, and I think he let it out when he told her about Naruto. It's true he told her she was part of Naruto's suffering,but i don't think Sai was really angry at Sakura. He was just angry about the situation.

Some fans are saying that the fact Sai told her the truth about Naruto's feelings is the end of NaruSaku, and they are thinking because of that Naruto would never told her about his feelings, but I think this isn't true. I think it was necessary for her to know at that time, for the plot. I think Kishimoto wanted to ease a little Naruto and Sakura of this old promise, because it was a too heavy weight on their relation and it was blocking everything. Maybe i'm wrong, maybe it was only to trigger Sakura to go kill Sasuke... or maybe both things. But i'm sure it was necessary at that precise time, and that's why Kishimoto involved Sai in it.

But to me, even if Sai already told her, Naruto will tell her some day. Because it as been made really important with those panels. The emphasis of all this is great. Kishimoto can't go without a resolve of all this.

I'm sure Naruto will tell her how he feels.

What do you think ?

Well Said!!  :lol:  however there are only one point I differ with: I would not say Naruto is supposed to get Sakura just cause he's the hero. Sakura isn't a prize to be won to make him feel better about himself. They'll get together because they show the most emotion development together out of everyone in the series. The way I see it If Kishi was not making Sakura Naruto's love, he would not give her such a big role in his emotional progression in the series, and If he was going to actually do something with Hinata then she should have had about the same amount of emotional support to Naruto as Sakura and Kishi would not brush her off to the side until personal develop is needed. To be honest to only candle Hinata holds is that she loved Naruto first, but with the amount of time she has on the story, her chances to be with Naruto are as likely as Ten Ten or Ino. I say this because although Hinata shows some personal development than either of them, Ten Ten and Ino could go through the same thing any day now. And all it takes is for Naruto to have some ship tease with them and then they'll hitch it off? It's the same for Hinata. She is not personal in Naruto's mind unless Naruto is trying to encourage her. He did not even think about her as his girlfriend when his father asked If Sakura was in such a relationship with him.

Edited by Phantom_999, 15 September 2013 - 11:00 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#15 narusakuforlife1667

narusakuforlife1667

Kaneki Ken did nothing wrong!

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts
  • Interests:-My bae Blake is my interest if you know what I mean
    -NaruSaku are my babies they deserve to be together and have many children together because they deserve it
    -EreMika *.*/
    -Madoka Magica will forever be my top 10 anime

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:23 AM

I think Naruto has no clue of how Sakura feels for him but he knows how she feels for Sasuke

the same thing with Sakura she knows how she feels for Sasuke but not how she feels for Naruto but now Sakura with her fake smile she had I say proves is in the progress of moving on.

http://glimmeringsky1890.tumblr.com

Also if you want visit my fanfiction account

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5372808

#16 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:02 AM

heres the part I don't agree with

that Sakura needs to drop Sasuke. She already has imo. She made the choice when she confessed to him, Yes I still think she needs to learn the truth of the bench scene to clinch the deal so to speak, but I strongly feel she has made her choice.

But to avoid controversy what would everyone find an acceptable ""Dropping of Sasuke"" to be?

Does she have to stand up before the entire ninja world and say "I don't love you any more?" she did that already and was accused of lying.

Does she have to beat his skull into unrecognizable bits of hamburger? Curse all uchiha to Eye bleaching levels of blindness by seeing Itachi and tobi doing the vertical tango with Jiriaya in an eternal genjutu?

What does everyone consider an complete dropping of Sasuke to be?

My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#17 Fairy Tail Fantard

Fairy Tail Fantard

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Interests:I'm a pilot, so I spend most of my time in the air.

Interests: Keeping my plane in the air and NOT slapping smack dab into a mountain somewhere. Writing, watching anime, reading, playing video games, and exercising are a few more of my interests as well.

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:37 AM

heres the part I don't agree with

that Sakura needs to drop Sasuke. She already has imo. She made the choice when she confessed to him, Yes I still think she needs to learn the truth of the bench scene to clinch the deal so to speak, but I strongly feel she has made her choice.

But to avoid controversy what would everyone find an acceptable ""Dropping of Sasuke"" to be?

Does she have to stand up before the entire ninja world and say "I don't love you any more?" she did that already and was accused of lying.

Does she have to beat his skull into unrecognizable bits of hamburger? Curse all uchiha to Eye bleaching levels of blindness by seeing Itachi and tobi doing the vertical tango with Jiriaya in an eternal genjutu?

What does everyone consider an complete dropping of Sasuke to be?

That's just it. She has dropped everything for him Her wish was for all of team 7 to be together again, and they are/were (I'm still not caught up to the manga yet) 

I think what'll really get the point across is if she held Naruto's hand rather than Sasuke's. Or simply choosing Naruto over Sasuke if one of them got hurt real badly.

For where I am in the manga right now, I just don;t see NH or SS happening at all. And this is coming from a former NH fan. The manga is going for NaruSaku! It's as clear as day! Why people ignore this is beyond me, but I guess there's only so much I can do. I tried arguing with a NH fan last night. I was called a traitor, I had betrayed Hinata and her character, and I was bashed with sentences that didn't make any sense at all. Really ashamed of myself for saying NH fan at was a NH fan at all.

What Otaru wrote pretty much sums up the pairing wars. My personal belief is that Sakura will make the first move again with Sasuke in the background. Kiss or not, she'll do something.

Sakura: Okay, Naruto, I'm going to say it again: I love you.

Naruto: No, you still love Sasuke!

Sasuke climbs out of bushes

Naruto: What are you doing here?!

Sakura: I brought him with me so I could prove to you I'm telling the honest truth this time. I'll say it again: I LOVE you.

Naruto: Sakura...I...

Sakura: Hugs Naruto and kisses his cheek

Probably won't happen, but you never know lol.

664086690_1145760.gif

#18 dejavu

dejavu

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:06 PM

I am an advocate of this too..

Naruto will definitely in one way or another confess his feelings for Sakura.

But more importantly, I think the purpose of Sai's flashback and him spilling the beans to Sakura is for us to feel the need to have the man itself to confess to the girl.

It wasn't Sai's words nor was it his own feelings so how did Sakura feel after that? ashamed. depressed. etc.

did she even feel happiness about having someone loving her to this extreme?

No right? why?? because it didn't came from the person itself.

That is why I also believe that next time it will be Naruto HIMSELF to say those words and ease Sakura's heart and mind. It has to be NARUTO, not Sai, not Shikamaru not Sasuke.

to hear the words "I love you" as something as a selfless gift and NOT a burden, having no pressure put upon you.. only the person involve can do that.

I believe that the purpose of a confession from Naruto is to wrap up all the developments the two made.

To clarify the things they have been dealing with throughout, to ease out the creases.. the feeling of not being enough, of not being worthy of the other.. 

Naruto's words is proven to be powerful enough to move anyone and make them believe in him.

Like its therapeutic.

If he finally confesses his feelings, I am sure it will erase Sakura's doubts about herself and she'll be more confident to relay again her feelings for him. this time with pure confidence and no other person to hold her or him back.

Because Naruto himself can prove that his feelings for Sakura weren't something like a curse (yes Sai, i still think you are adorable).. but something like strength. I know this might sound cheesy (bec. IT IS) however Kishimoto seems to have a penchant of springing back things from the past to be used in the present.

*insert Haku's line* one of the most impactful words to Naruto. She was never a burden to Naruto, she is one of his strength and so is he to Sakura. If Sakura dropped all her insecurities she has with herself regarding not doing enough for Naruto, then I'm sure that boy won't have to question her feelings this time.

#19 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:08 PM

I think Naruto has no clue of how Sakura feels for him but he knows how she feels for Sasuke

the same thing with Sakura she knows how she feels for Sasuke but not how she feels for Naruto but now Sakura with her fake smile she had I say proves is in the progress of moving on.

I don't think that's quite true. He certainly knows she cares about him, and he understood after Sai explained her actions that she only wanted to protect him. She was willing to killed the one she supposedly 'loved' with her own hands and bear the guilt and possibly Naruto's hatred, so Naruto wouldn't have to carry the burden. Granted, she couldn't follow through in the end, but it's the intention that counts. He may be dense, but I don't think Naruto's that clueless, he wouldn't have called Sakura his sort-of girlfriend to his own father if he didn't realize something existed between them.

And no, I don't think Sakura truly understands what she feels for Sasuke. But she will soon, and it will open the door to some big character development.

#20 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:33 PM

he did say what he felt... just not to sakura urgh. and countless times already in fact... konohamaru, gamakichi (even his dad toad boss! when gaara went crazy), sai, minato. it's very clear to us narusaku shippers and yet we still have people saying "oh, naruto's just joking haha" :argh:

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users