Close
Photo

How Do You Support The Official Release Of Naruto?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

#1 sardns

sardns

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 02:26 AM

We're all fans of Naruto here (at least I hope we are), but it's also nice as fans to support the author by buying merchandise. So how do you show your support? For example, I buy episodes of the anime on iTunes. Currently, I have 176 epsiodes; I didn't buy any of the filler episodes. I also have a fourth hokage doll.

#2 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 03:13 AM

I buy the anime DVDs (or did at least for the original series; I got the first Shippuden collection, too, but I'm holding off on the rest for a bit).

I also buy a volume or two of the manga whenever I'm in the book store.

I'm not quite up to date for the English release on either one, but I'll get there eventually once releases slow down (or the manga ends). It's simply that Viz is releasing the anime\manga at a faster rate than my budget allows.

Edited by desaix, 27 July 2010 - 03:13 AM.

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

#3 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 03:14 AM

I rent manga from my local bookstore occasionally.

I also rented manga when I was overseas this past winter, and bought a few issues of Naruto and some other old manga.

#4 Grace

Grace

I am Johnlocked. Formerly known as "Kushina".

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 03:15 AM

I buy way more random Naruto-junk than I should XD

I'm working on buying up all of the Shippuuden episodes, buy the Shonen Jump monthly, buy the manga when I can find it, have the trading cards (for the pretty pictures), and also have oodles of other random merchandise from the fandom.

Headbands, phone charms, keychains--if I find nifty little knick-knacks of my favorite characters then I'm all over 'em.

....I'm such a fandom-sheep sweatdrop.gif

#5 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 03:46 AM

I've bought three 3 naruto manga volumes.

JLHza2T.png

#6 Nikko

Nikko

Lady Perv <3

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts
  • Interests:sewing, sleeping, drawing, tasty food, video games, manga/comic booking, anime, and music

Posted 27 July 2010 - 04:19 AM

Not really, a side from his volumes, dvd's and a few plushies we don't own much. Don't really feel the need to. I lost interest in the series a long time ago, when they killed Jiraiya there was no point in picking an interest back up for me.

In the forums, ad blocking your signature.

#7 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 27 July 2010 - 04:34 AM

Yeah I usually support the official release of Naruto, I've got about three volumes of the manga and about three of the DVD volumes of the anime.

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#8 soot-r

soot-r

Deva Path

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 07:04 AM

I like to support the industry. Got my self all the anime volumes from part one. But I'm waiting for the shippuden to go down in price... as for the manga I got 9 volumes. One day I want to have them all, the entire anime and manga collection.

#9 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 08:02 AM

I don't buy much merchandise, but I did buy a headband. Almost all the shippuden volumes so far. (I will get to Narut0 Part 1 later.)

Currently I am making a Naruto costume.
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#10 Guest_Kodachi Claws_*

Guest_Kodachi Claws_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2010 - 08:14 AM

Here and there, I'll buy DVDs and manga. I just don't have the budget to do that on a regular basis, and my DVD and Comic tastes have gone more towards Code Geass and Hellboy, so I'm prioritizing what little I have there.

Also, when convenient, I will watch the episodes on tv and at this point I will not watch pirated copies since the episodes are available on Hulu and Viz

#11 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 27 July 2010 - 08:14 AM

I own all manga volumes and I purchase them whenever they come out.

However I own no DVDs because I can't bother myself with the anime (I have barely watched some episodes). I barely buy merchandise (my shelf space is limited), but I have bought two keychains (a Chibi Naruto and a Chibi Sakura). I haven't bought any Naruto games, although I have considered purchasing Naruto Shippuden: Clash of Ninja Revolution III for my Wii.

I guess you can tell I strictly am a manga nerd.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#12 Sherry

Sherry

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku of course!

Posted 27 July 2010 - 09:52 AM

I bought Naruto Shippuden's movie 2: Bonds and I feel half happy, coz I could watch Naruto's special glare to Sakura (that melts me), and half disappointed, coz narusaku there wasn't enough for me (the hell I've never been satisfied with all the narusaku in movie)
I also bought Naruto manga until vol. 34, then I stopped buying it because the price is getting higher and I found sites of free-reading manga.

I still wait for the right volume that consists of Sakura's hug, do you know what volume? I'm a bit scared buying Naruto manga now coz the recent story is about Naruto's fighting Pain, and I don't want to buy the volume that consists of Hinata's confession.

#13 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,842 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 27 July 2010 - 02:25 PM

If I have a chance, I buy the rest of the English manga (so far I have 2 volumes). I do have a T-shirt, headbands, toys, the Official Trading Cards, and the video games. If I don't feel like buying the DVDs, I just rent them via Netflix.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#14 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 11:19 PM

I buy/play the video games.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#15 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

f**k the establishment! I'm a bunny!

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 10:28 PM

I buy the DVDs when I can afford it and I have all the manga volumes that consist of all part two currently released in the U.S.A. by viz media and two from part one.

Though I'm trying to expand on my manga collection and anime DVD collection so I've got a long list.

#16 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 10:45 PM

I enjoy supporting this fan site but i don't own any Naruto memorabilia. sad.gif

#17 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 29 July 2010 - 12:12 AM

I bought some more Naruto stuff myself, a new manga volume and the first Shippuden movie dubbed in English.

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#18 Denim88

Denim88

I have my moments, believe it or not.

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Interests:Hm, interests...well, I was one of those crazy nuts that knew all the pokemon back when that was the big thing...still do know them all (cough). I happen to be a very strong supporter of NarutoxSakura pairing. I really enjoy wildlife and the outdoors. I'm a gamer I guess...yeah, okay, I am. Let's see, what else could I put down...um, I love reading, writing, and biking too. Comedy movies are the best...um yeah. Kind of a weak interests section, but whatever.<br /><br />Ah, yes, I guess I should mention that my stories are also able to be viewed on fanfiction.net. You can find me under the name Denim88 on there too.

Posted 29 July 2010 - 03:26 AM

I have bought a few volumes of the manga, and I have a few bits of merchandise from conventions that I've been to. That and I have bought a few video games. Nothing much, but I do support the series in my own way.

Gimme a break, 'kay?

Denim88's fanfiction page!!!

#19 Ulgamoth

Ulgamoth

H&E's Sun Pokemon

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Interests:I like Naruto, hence me being here. I also enjoy Death Note manga, Dragon Ball and DBZ manga and Full Metal Alchemist manga. In to metal music but can listen to ALMOST anything. Love playing video games, specifically Pokemon. Currently working on Pokemon Black. Spore is EPIC and so is Fallout New Vegas. Disturbed in the house, droppin' plates!

Posted 29 July 2010 - 03:37 AM

DVD

Deep in the jungle camouflaged by all the fallen leaves
A hand holds up the sky while shamefully I make my plea
The alter's callin' but my legs won't seem to stand
Guess I'm a coward scared to face the man I am

#20 Serenity Namikaze

Serenity Namikaze

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 03:49 AM

I'll definitely buy all DVD but I didn't find what I was looking for and I'll buy the original soundtrack of Shippuden this Friday in Chinatown because it's awesome.

I also will have a homemade cosplay costume of Shippuden Sakura for Halloween.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users